TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default ESE/ESFj and extraverted feeling Fe

Verbal examples of ESE wielding emotions

Me: how was the conference in Las Vegas?
    ESE: Fine
    Me: Nothing changed since the shooting?
    ESE: No. That room is not as popular (says with a smile).
    Me: *laughs. Emotional move successful
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much here

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Humor is a powerful tool for making others see things in a different light, but I don't think its use is limited to ESEs.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They seem to enjoy getting me to laugh. I don't laugh much.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Weird View Post
    They seem to enjoy getting me to laugh. I don't laugh much.
    Yes ESE are full of humor when they are in that mood. You should see the memes my sister sends me throughout the day
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ESE wielding emotion? They're more purveyors of emotion. When they're buoyant, they tend to relay humourous anecdotes and positivity (which they love) but not talk about their own emotion or come up with their own humour. When they're seeking a goal or want a certain reaction, they tend to selectively amplify the emotions of others by acknowledgement and highlighting. However, when they're really stressed themselves, they tend to go very quiet and reflective - often blank.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    ESE wielding emotion? They're more purveyors of emotion. When they're buoyant, they tend to relay humourous anecdotes and positivity (which they love) but not talk about their own emotion or come up with their own humour. When they're seeking a goal or want a certain reaction, they tend to selectively amplify the emotions of others by acknowledgement and highlighting. However, when they're really stressed themselves, they tend to go very quiet and reflective - often blank.

a.k.a. I/O
    Yes, I think this is why I can handle being around ESEs (and to some extent EIEs) more than I can handle being around extraverted Fi valuing types--at least I can be myself and feel a bit more relaxed. ESE creates a positive emotional atmosphere without demanding I share or describe my feelings, which I feel like Fi types seem to expect without realizing or understanding that my ability to describe that stuff or to even feel in their expected way is not all that great. No offense meant to Fi valuing types but sometimes I think they have trouble understanding that Fe valuing types don't function in the same way as them.

With ESEs (and I find also with ILEs), the positive emotional atmosphere they can create feels more natural, where the positive emotional vibes are more a byproduct than some direct goal or expectation placed upon me.

Introverted ethics is almost like an alien language to me. That doesn't mean I can't be friendly with Fi valuing people and can't enjoy their company, but if I'm going to "connect" with them and feel at ease opening up, most likely it's going to be via Ne (particularly with EIIs and IEEs) where we can connect on a level of discussing ideas. If they expect me to talk about my values and internalized ethics, I never really know how to answer and it always seems I'm letting them down in some way, or that they might be viewing me as less complete or somehow cold as winter.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Doctor Weird Fi-types are the ones who seem to be able to "wield" emotion. There's a Jeanne d'Arc aspect to them; they seem to be able to objectively deconstruct emotion so that it can be used as a tool. With ESE, it seems more about involvement with emotions.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    @Doctor Weird Fi-types are the ones who seem to be able to "wield" emotion. There's a Jeanne d'Arc aspect to them; they seem to be able to objectively deconstruct emotion so that it can be used as a tool. With ESE, it seems more about involvement with emotions.

a.k.a. I/O
    to me that involvement feels more like a peripheral thing, a byproduct.

whereas with Fi it feels manipulative, as if appeals to emotion might be used in attempts to throw me off.