Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    IOfc I haven't met her (well, maybe i'm dating her right now for all you know ((hehehehehehe))) so I'm going off on your very basic list of traits. .
    you´re not. That female figure in his story is me ( "Madame Bovary c´ est moi" lol)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    Thanks. Ni, at least in the Jungian sense, is a function that I romanticize and wish I had a more natural inclination towards. While I'm capable of understanding and coming up with my own subjective, intuitive insights, I'm afraid they aren't as impressive or fleshed out as those of an IEI or ILI. They're nothing more than vague utterances and 'gut-feelings' that seem more genuine when they're left without expression.
    Suedehead ...if you think you romanticize Ni, it could be your HA, you know. If you were SEI, just going by simple socionics knowledge, as a Si type you wouldn´t have much reason to be a huge fan of this function. By induction ...oh well, as a Ni ego I don´t relate to Si in any way. I may like certain Si egos all right, but Si in itself leaves me totally cold. You should maybe consider being a Ji- XSI, as Silke suggested. If you ask me, I even think one is more likely to admire skills related to their their Polr than to their role - according to the "bidirectional" take on the polr I found online, one that I agree with more than with the rather simplistic "omg, run".

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    Suedehead ...if you think you romanticize Ni, it could be your HA, you know. If you were SEI, just going by simple socionics knowledge, as a Si type you wouldn´t have much reason to be a huge fan of this function. By induction ...oh well, as a Ni ego I don´t relate to Si in any way. I may like certain Si egos all right, but Si in itself leaves me totally cold. You should maybe consider being a Ji- XSI, as Silke suggested. If you ask me, I even think one is more likely to admire skills related to their their Polr than to their role - according to the "bidirectional" take on the polr I found online, one that I agree with more than with the rather simplistic "omg, run".
    This seems to describe my relationship with Ni pretty well..

Ni as Role Function

The individual is able to turn his attention to longer-term implications and personal imagination but only for brief periods; his natural preference is to concentrate on the immediate surroundings and sensations, or on the job at hand. If poorly developed, this function can lead him to extensively plan his future while failing to evaluate his reasons for doing so.
    - See more at: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/i....3Gn9gpYz.dpuf

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Do you identify your "romanticizing of Ni" with this description :

When a person is actively using his base function, the role function is essentially turned off. The two cannot both be "on" at the same time, because they represent two opposing approaches to similar things. Because of this opposition, the more one gets carried away with one's base function, the more the role function is ignored or suppressed. People are generally somewhat aware of this suppression and perceive it as a personal weakness that needs to be "worked on" in order to meet other people's expectations and achieve something in society. It is typical for people to periodically work on their role function in order to correct imbalances in their life and improve their weak areas. However, these attempts are generally sporadic and are forgotten as soon as the perceived problem begins to go away and the person once again becomes carried away with their usual lifestyle which is dominated by their base function. Thus, development of the role function is more like patching up leaks than building a complete, self-sufficient structure. Often individuals wish they could build up their role function and become "supermen", but an excessive focus on this unreachable goal brings disappointment, because the base function always wins anyways.
    When people are criticized for their lack of attentiveness to their role function, they are often irritated because they are already well aware of the deficiency and have already tried and failed to correct it. When problems arise with the role function, energy flows away from the base function, the individual brings his usual activities to a halt, and tries to pick up all the tasks he had been neglecting. Directing energy through the base function is effortless; working with the role function requires effort and concentration. Thus, people's concept of self-development is often centered on development of the role function and the Super-Ego block in general.
    Compared to the vulnerable function, role function criticism is easier for a person to respond to or dismiss, since they believe that it has some value, in theory. The role function is triggered situationally, when individuals are met with situations that oppose their base aspect of reality. The base function only accepts information relating to its information aspect, and other information cannot be produced into new data with the creative function.
    - See more at: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/f....ptQ1cP4k.dpuf

suedehead i didnt focus on what u say in vid but u look like drake and have sweet aiz and i like ur vibes and u lick ur lips with tongue every 10 s???

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alot of ESI stereotypes seem unreasonably negative and cartoonish; I never get the impression that they're supposed to be likeable. I'm sure many of them are more diplomatic, self-aware and flexible than the stereotypes suggest.
    I don't know about ESI-Fi as @lungs seems very nice to interact with and don't know ESI-Fis irl
    but when it comes to the ESI-Se - as much as I love my dad, am friends with him and think he's a great person... "diplomatic, self-aware and flexible" are pretty much the last words I'd use when describing him (and he knows that he's none of these things and actually laughs it off)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    I don't know about ESI-Fi as @lungs seems very nice to interact with and don't know ESI-Fis irl
    but when it comes to the ESI-Se - as much as I love my dad, am friends with him and think he's a great person... "diplomatic, self-aware and flexible" are pretty much the last words I'd use when describing him (and he knows that he's none of these things and actually laughs it off)
    I look at some of the celebrities who are typed as ISFj's (particularly, musicians, like the ones I posted earlier) and I see people who aren't necessarily all that alienating, forceful or conservative. They're perhaps comparable to a common Myers-Briggs IFP, who instead of forcing his judgment on others in an overt way, prefers to keep his convictions to himself as long as he himself is in line with his own ideals/moral code/ethical standards.

When it comes to choosing between SEI and ESI, it's almost as if I have to decide between identifying as someone who experiences little in the form of angst or personal convictions, and someone who's completely intolerant and abrasive towards people who don't share his views. Where's the middle ground? IEI almost seems like a more satisfying description for me.
    Last edited by suedehead; 03-07-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look at some of the celebrities who are typed as ISFj's (particularly, musicians, like the ones I posted earlier) and I see people who aren't necessarily all that alienating, forceful or conservative. They're perhaps comparable to a common Myers-Briggs IFP, who instead of forcing his judgment on others in an overt way, prefers to keep his convictions to himself as long as he himself is in line with his own ideals/moral code/ethical standards.

When it comes to choosing between SEI and ESI, it's almost as if I have to decide between being someone with little to no convictions beyond immediate sensory pleasure, and someone who's completely intolerant.
    Wow, strawmen much?

SEI's can be smart, opiniated, non-dishwasherish ESI can be non judgemental and sweet. There are tendencies in their information processing that makes it more LIKELY for a SEI to keep her judgement inside and more LIKELY for a ESI to maybe frown at you. Are you sure you're not reading too much into the stereotypes?

You have to choose between Rationality and Irrationality rather than boring v.s. judgemental. If you frame it like that no type is going to seem like you, cuz you make them sound one-dimential AND generic (there is intra-type difference as well you know!)

I'm on to something here, That actually sounded judgemental of you there, you MUST BE ESI (see what I did there?)

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it comes to choosing between SEI and ESI, it's almost as if I have to decide between identifying as someone with little to no personal convictions, and someone who's completely intolerant and abrasive towards people who don't share his views. Where's the middle ground? IEI almost seems like a more satisfying description for me.
    Why would you think SiFe have little to no personal convictions? Their Fi is just as strong to them as Fi is to FiSe.
    Intolerant and abrasive are behaviors, not the process of processing information.

Edited to add: if you choose IEI, you'll have the stereotype of being a manipulator who's constantly testing the people around him and making them jump through hoops to prove themselves worthy of his attention.

Every type has stupid stereotypes.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Why would you think SiFe have little to no personal convictions? Their Fi is just as strong to them as Fi is to FiSe.
    Intolerant and abrasive are behaviors, not the process of processing information.
    yours is shorter and better, but my explanation was more fun!

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yours is shorter and better, but my explanation was more fun!
    Except i edited mine to add more to it.
    Sorry, adding in that it also made it even less fun than yours.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

When it comes to choosing between SEI and ESI, it's almost as if I have to decide between identifying as someone with little to no personal convictions, and someone who's completely intolerant and abrasive towards people who don't share his views.
    SEIs have Fi in their id and they can definitely have strong value systems, it just probably won't come out so much in their verbalizations or be obvious in the way they interact with people. whereas with ESI its just more out in the open and a part of their style w/ people.

if its difficult choosing between SEI and ESI in particular, what about quadra values alpha vs. gamma?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, strawmen much?
    makes it more LIKELY for a SEI to keep her judgement inside and more LIKELY...
    Actually, I made much more stronger claim than that.

When it comes to choosing between SEI and ESI, it's almost as if I have to decide between identifying as someone who experiences little in the form of angst or personal convictions, and someone who's completely intolerant and abrasive towards people who don't share his views. Where's the middle ground? IEI almost seems like a more satisfying description for me.
    All of this is conflation. You don't know what neither is and trying choose in "between" is not any kind of solution.
    ESI has fairly singular perception on things (Se role, Ne polr) then he/she judges interactions between people on their fitness for mutual trust and benefit relationship. Judgement of behavior inherent, projection of that judgement on the person is not, but likely. Objects-quality of Se facilitate that. So that is a process that is central to ESI. That process does not promote tolerance and open-mindedness but ESI can be such from being intelligent, rounded and cultured individual. What ESI cannot have is judgement of interpersonal actions not being the fist and base step in his/her mind.
    SEI on other hand evaluates Si and Fe. Both first and foremost personal, with Si especially so. Personal perspective of SEI and whoever is observed. Sure there is Si and Fe effects of interaction, but that is not at all same kind of judgement as ethics of relationship- Fi. So there is no much judgement in the ego.
    Last edited by Esaman; 03-07-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    SEIs have Fi in their id and they can definitely have strong value systems, it just probably won't come out so much in their verbalizations or be obvious in the way they interact with people. whereas with ESI its just more out in the open and a part of their style w/ people.

if its difficult choosing between SEI and ESI in particular, what about quadra values alpha vs. gamma?
    The perception that Gamma = Adulthood seems accurate based on how they're supposed to go about relationships; the ILI-SEE and ESI-LIE duality descriptions sound like business partnerships... While I could potentially see myself enjoying discussions about my ambitions, interests and personal projects (if I had any) within an intimate setting, I can't see myself being quite as consistent or prudent as they seem to be. There's too much concern with productivity and directly contributing to society.
    Last edited by suedehead; 03-07-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    Do you identify your "romanticizing of Ni" with this description :

When a person is actively using his base function, the role function is essentially turned off. The two cannot both be "on" at the same time, because they represent two opposing approaches to similar things. Because of this opposition, the more one gets carried away with one's base function, the more the role function is ignored or suppressed. People are generally somewhat aware of this suppression and perceive it as a personal weakness that needs to be "worked on" in order to meet other people's expectations and achieve something in society. It is typical for people to periodically work on their role function in order to correct imbalances in their life and improve their weak areas. However, these attempts are generally sporadic and are forgotten as soon as the perceived problem begins to go away and the person once again becomes carried away with their usual lifestyle which is dominated by their base function. Thus, development of the role function is more like patching up leaks than building a complete, self-sufficient structure. Often individuals wish they could build up their role function and become "supermen", but an excessive focus on this unreachable goal brings disappointment, because the base function always wins anyways.
    When people are criticized for their lack of attentiveness to their role function, they are often irritated because they are already well aware of the deficiency and have already tried and failed to correct it. When problems arise with the role function, energy flows away from the base function, the individual brings his usual activities to a halt, and tries to pick up all the tasks he had been neglecting. Directing energy through the base function is effortless; working with the role function requires effort and concentration. Thus, people's concept of self-development is often centered on development of the role function and the Super-Ego block in general.
    Compared to the vulnerable function, role function criticism is easier for a person to respond to or dismiss, since they believe that it has some value, in theory. The role function is triggered situationally, when individuals are met with situations that oppose their base aspect of reality. The base function only accepts information relating to its information aspect, and other information cannot be produced into new data with the creative function.
    - See more at: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/f....ptQ1cP4k.dpuf
    Pretty much..

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The perception that Gamma = Adulthood seems accurate based on how they're supposed to go about relationships; the ILI-SEE and ESI-LIE duality descriptions sound like business partnerships... While I could potentially see myself enjoying discussions about my ambitions, interests and personal projects (if I had any) within an intimate setting, I can't see myself being quite as consistent or prudent as they seem to be. There's too much concern with productivity and directly contributing to society.
    ha, i don't really relate much to that either, so../helpful

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think I can confidently rule out the two Aristocratic quadras (Beta and Delta) since I have a hard time relating to a lot of their typical stances when it comes to social issues (especially the way many of them conveniently summarize individuals in terms of their perceived allegiance to some ideological group, whether it be men, women, feminists, bigots, liberals, the religious, etc.)...nor can I relate to the Delta quadra's typical philosophy when it comes to relationships/morality/societal roles; they strike me as being overly puritanical in that regard, even the IEE's. Although generally well-meaning, they seem to have this tendency to over-complicate moral issues which strike me as trivial...
    Last edited by suedehead; 03-08-2014 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I can confidently rule out the two Aristocratic quadras (Beta and Delta) since I have a hard time relating to a lot of their typical stances when it comes to social issues (especially the way many of them conveniently summarize individuals in terms of their perceived allegiance to some ideological group, whether it be men, women, feminists, bigots, liberals, the religious, etc.)...nor can I relate to the Delta quadra's typical philosophy when it comes to relationships/morality/societal roles; they strike me as being overly puritanical in that regard, even the IEE's. Although generally well-meaning, they seem to have this tendency to over-complicate moral issues which strike me as trivial...
    Ironically, that might very well be an aristrocratic distinction you just made ^^

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ironically, that might very well be an aristrocratic distinction you just made ^^
    True, but it has no bearing on how I'd treat/view each individual Delta/Beta.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

: a physically relaxed and comfortable state free of irritants; enjoying the pleasure of the moment
    : a state of trying to see novel connections between or combinations of previously disparate things; a continual searching for change and newness, including things unexpected and random
    : clarity and exactitude of thought, a sense of order and regularity in different levels of structure; a sense of building a complete system from simple and well-understood parts
    : passions; the desire to express one's feelings and experiences through expressive gestures such as dance or song
    : a dreamy, mysterious, wistful, melancholic, or reflective state of inner discovery and searching; reflecting upon the future or the past
    : a mobilized state full of vitality and energy or implied strength; the desire to make strong, bold, and powerful movements
    : endearment, closeness, moral satisfaction, and emotional sensitivity; deep personal conviction that may produce moral firmness and resolve; love, hatred, or disgust for others.
    : an active, but steady and purposeful state conducive to performing goal-oriented activities

---

Si>Se
    Ni>Ne
    Fe>Fi
    Ti>Te

Ranked in terms of personal resonance:

Si, Ni
    Fe, Fi
    Se
    Ti
    Te, Ne

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thought I'd give it another shot..

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought I'd give it another shot..

SEI or EII as first impression.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Ask me questions.

I don't see myself getting involved in the social aspect of this forum, so I figured it'd be easier if I let people ask me miscellaneous or socionics-related questions so that you can get a feel for my type, quadra values, etc. Hopefully this thread will bring me a sense of closure since I find this whole typing process incredibly tedious and it makes me wonder where my priorities are at the moment.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

What was your favorite genre of music as teen?

Where you raised working, middle or upper class?

Re: social aspect. heh force your way to the top of the food chain or be eaten alive. I usually need an instigator to get me going.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was your favorite book as a child?

How old do you want to get?

About what do you like to talk the most?

What are you looking forward to?

What are you afraid of?
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

why do you exist?

who are you?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Merc going in for the kill! hahah

Edit: also @Suedehead

Why do you not consider yourself Beta material?

I'm not trying to make this sound like a beta admission interview.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you showering in the morning or in the evening?

Can people recognize your feelings?

How often do you take a walk?

What was the last sentence you have written down?

How did your parents get to know each other?

Do you often think about death?

What is the best age?

What was the name of your first teacher?

What exceeds your tolerance?

What is the most beautiful thing in the world?

Which movie made you cry?

Which compliment do you like to hear the most?

Where is your best friend right now?

What is a wrong assumption people have about you?

Do you hide your light under the bushel?

Can people change?

Do you have a secret?

What is the best invention people ever made?

Do you know what you want?

How are you?

How many countries have you been to?

What's your favorite shop?

What is freedom?

Can you forgive?

Would you fall in love with yourself?

How do you want your funeral to look like?

What has been the most expensive thing you ever bought? Do you regret it?
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Aylen

What was your favorite genre of music as teen?
    Well, I was into skateboarding around the time I was 12-15, so I was already familiar with Morrissey/The Smiths, The Kinks, Bad Brains, Animal Collective, Dinasour Jr., etc. through the videos I had been watching at the time. Admittedly, many of my music choices at the time were questionable (including ones I've chosen not to include), although a few of them still persist to this day. I also went through a bit of a rap phase for about a year or two (mainly Kanye), but I weaned myself off of it after a while.

Where you raised working, middle or upper class?
    Working class to Poor.

Why do you not consider yourself Beta material?
    Not enough charisma.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Aylen
    Well, I was into skateboarding around the time I was 12-15, so I was already familiar with Morrissey/The Smiths, The Kinks, Bad Brains, Animal Collective, Dinasour Jr., etc. through the videos I had been watching at the time. Admittedly, many of my music choices at the time were questionable (including ones I've chosen not to include), although a few of them still persist to this day. I also went through a bit of a rap phase for about a year or two (mainly Kanye), but I weaned myself off of it after a while.

Working class to Poor.

Not enough charisma.
    I was into skaters when I was younger. My family owned a skatepark in Asbury Park for awhile but it went under. Um, charisma...hmm Not always a requirement in my perception. I like rap, obviously, but I go by mood in musical choices.

YWIMW

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Not enough charisma.
    Aylen doesn't have charisma.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Aylen doesn't have charisma.
    I don't have it. I own it...so fuck you...

YWIMW

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

why do you exist?

Don't know.

who are you?

I often have a vague, yet convincing feeling of who I am (and cherish these moments), while there are other times where I'm at somewhat of a loss and find myself searching for an answer. I'm guessing the objective reality is somewhere between those two states.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I don't have it. I own it...so fuck you...
    No thanks. I have standards.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

suedehead, what stops you being yourself?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

No thanks. I have standards.
    I didn't say fuck me.

Also, mine are way higher!
    Last edited by Aylen; 03-26-2014 at 12:33 AM.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    What was your favorite book as a child?

Captain Underpants.

How old do you want to get?

Late 50s or Early 60s.

About what do you like to talk the most?

I'll probably have to come back to this one.

What are you looking forward to?

Nothing in particular at the moment, unfortunately.

What are you afraid of?

Gee. Feeling..insignificant.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I didn't say fuck me.
    Well aren't you just Mr Smart Alec.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Seudehead, what is one thing that is significant to you?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Suedehead

I feel I/we have always existed and the reason is to experience.

YWIMW

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast