1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is anything that resonates with you emotionally, while love is cherishing someone to the point of obsession.
2. What are your most important values?
I value tactfulness, self-awareness, creativity, and taste.
3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I guess I'm agnostic by virtue of the fact that I don't have an opinion on the subject...
4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
I think war should be avoided unless there's a direct threat to national security.
Power is the ability to control others, something that I don't really see any value in...
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
I can have long conversations about anything, really. I feel like the connection that you share with the person is more important than whatever you could possibly talk about; the latter is simply a means to an end.
My main interests are photography and cinema; photography because i find it calming, and it allows me to capture the moments and landscapes that inspire me; cinema because its easy for me to appreciate the subtle changes of emotion that are inherent to it...it's almost like an encapsulation of all that I find beautiful...even the most boring and uneventful of films. There's something about viewing reality through the lens of a camera that makes it that much more alluring..
6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
While I'm interested in my body and physical comfort, I don't really consider it to be worth bringing up in a conversation.
7. What do you think of daily chores?
I occasionally find doing chores relaxing...just being able to tune out, listen to music and do whatever repetitive task it is I have to do...Although I'm usually pretty lazy about getting them down.
8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
I'm currently reading Atlas Shrugged, and while Ayn Rand's agenda is obvious, I think it's an interesting read (although by no means do I consider myself literate). As far as films go, some of my favorites include:
Persona (Ingmar Bergman)
Stalker (Andrei Tarkovsky)
La Collectionneuse (Eric Rohmer)
The 400 Blows (Francois Truffaut)
The Virgin Spring (Ingmar Bergman)
Scenes from a Marriage (Ingmar Bergman)
I usually prefer films that are well-shot/aesthetically pleasing, emotionally resonant, and at times, intellectually stimulating....although the latter can feel pretty impersonal if it isn't balanced out by the other two factors.
9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
The last time I can remember feeling a bit teary-eyed was when I listened to this song by Sybille Baier for the first time...
I found her voice incredibly soothing..
I usually smile when I experience something pleasant, or more specifically, when I'm completely immersed in something I love (Photography, Nature, playing guitar, or watching a great film)..
10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
I usually experience this when I'm able to immerse myself in a craft; usually when I'm either shooting pictures on my DSLR camera, or playing guitar...or when I come accross something in my environment that's aesthetically pleasing...or when I'm listening to a great song.
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
I dislike the fact that I can be really hard on myself...
12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
Can't really say....I don't really think about it very often. When I'm feel confident in myself, I guess I can appreciate my sense of aesthetics.
13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
Nothing really comes to mind...I'd rather sort it out my problems on my own.
14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
I usually get into a rut when I either feel worthless, or when I lose interest in my hobbies; the latter can be pretty painful for me since there are few things I really care for outside of photography, film and music. Usually, I react by wallowing in self-pity or engaging in mildly destructive behavior like overeating.
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I usually like people who are friendly and receptive, while brash, or overly aggressive people can often make me feel uncomfortable. I don't consider myself to be very judgmental though..I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to the type of people I'm willing to interact with; if the person initiating conversation with me is friendly in their approach, it isn't hard for me to find some sort of commonality between us on a basic human level (unconsciously, I don't really force it or push the issue), no matter how dissonant our personalities or interests may seem. In fact, sometimes, the more different from me the better, since it allows me to feel as if I have something of value to contribute...
As far as specific types go..I think I'm friends with an ESE, an EII, and an SEI. I think my best friend throughout highschool was also an ESE.
16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
I find it magical...
I picture myself being with a woman who's confident, ambitious, understanding, intelligent and willing to take initiative when needed.
17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
Making sure that he/she feels loved/valued...
18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
It would depend on the severity of the clash...but even then, I'm more likely to withdraw from the situation than to directly confront the person about what he said. I don't really feel like I have a right to infringe on another person's belief, no matter how offensive I might find it...I'm also not very confrontational.
19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I don't really have any strong, overarching opinions about society as a whole...I just go along my merry way. There are a few things that put me off, but I'm usually able to just tune them out and hope for the best..
20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I never really choose my friends...the relationships just sort of..pop up out of nowhere. Someone just sticks. The conversations are usually made up of light-hearted, playful banter; nothing too serious or personal.
21. How do you behave around strangers?
I usually try not to attract too much attention, but when someone approaches me, I try to be receptive towards their initiative, however draining it may be for me...I don't like the idea of being seen as arrogant or standoffish.