Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused ILI or Something Else?

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Confused ILI or Something Else?

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:14 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    I am thoroughly confused as to what type I am. I've been reading and reading typology for well over a year and have spent time on various typology forums and have changed my type so many times that I think it is going to drive me insane, and I'm sure by now I've irritated many people along the way. Whenever I post something, I'm sure someone out there is basing their own self-typologies on what I have written.
    I have had that fear of unintentionally misleading others as well. You can take comfort in knowing that you are being open about your uncertainty. Try not to be impatient, because it may take time to get to how your essence matches up to the type descriptions.

I think perhaps I am in need of a little reassurance and validation. So, please ask me questions. I feel that trying to answer questions as to the reasons I thought I were certain types over others or questions about my personality in general may be helpful to me and to others
    How is your understanding of quadra values? That has helped me so much when I occasionally question my type. As an NF, I am either Beta or Delta. Spending time with Deltas helps me realize that Si is unvalued for me. Also, at first I thought that the Reinin dichotomies would be helpful, but that ended up being just a can of worms for me.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can "see" myself being.
    Introvert (speech shows heavy emphasis on self, "I this", "I that", etc.) , Ni vision metaphor.

deep and meaningful
    Fi; Serious quadra.

I almost didn't graduate college. I was ill-equipped for it, but very capable. I was, in short, a slacker.
    Irrational, Negativist ("didn't", wasn't equipped).

Now I find myself tearing up, although not crying, during many movies that never used to affect me that way.
    From the Wikisocion page on Constructivists: They can get "emotionally hooked", experience strong emotions regardless of whether they like the overall quality of material presented (for example, they may dislike a movie as a whole but laugh or cry during a single scene from it).

Add on that your message is a block of text worthy of tl;dr, and that pretty much assures that you're a declaring & serious. So, we've got Irrational Introvert who is a Negativist, Declaring, Serious Constructivist and who probably has Ni & Fi in their valued stack.

Shouldn't be rocket science.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know there is much debate about the interchangeability of MBTI and Socionics so I will instead say that I am identifying with the cognitive functions and not so much the descriptions. ?
    I am not sure that I agree with some of the descriptions, my interpretation of certain phrases may be at fault, of course. Are you familiar with Plus/Minus Functions by Gulenko found here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko It was helpful to me.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:15 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:15 AM.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking NF, in general i get more of a delta vibe but you could also be iei...

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...e=Filatova_IEI

The wikisocion is a pretty good pool of resources for all types so have a flick through and see if anything works for you.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I SAY IEE

FINAL AND CONFIRMED

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've grown tired over the years of being so scientifically minded because I see how it has affected my relations with others. I think I've done a good job of hiding my Te while I'm online and when I'm socializing with others in life because I'm in the process of self discovery and feel that it would hinder relations, but suppressing this function has made me feel incomplete.
    Mmm could you give one or two concrete examples of how you hide/suppress Te and how that's made you feel incomplete
    Last edited by Amber; 02-14-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:16 AM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:16 AM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:17 AM.

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not convinced it is science at all. Otherwise, your information was helpful, thanks. I hadn't read about constructivists yet and that seems to ring true.
    I don't think it is science either.

Also, be cautious of Jonathan Bloem's typings; I'm not saying disregard his opinion entirely, but he uses personal function definitions that most of us don't agree with.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

somewhere along the line i got an impression of EII. maybe down the line i could see you as a gamma introvert but its hard to shake these first gut impressions and it would have to happen organically. do you want to talk more about why you're thinking gamma?

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:18 AM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:18 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoobie77 View Post
    I don't think it is science either.

Also, be cautious of Jonathan Bloem's typings; I'm not saying disregard his opinion entirely, but he uses personal function definitions that most of us don't agree with.
    You're such a blowhard. Admit it: you're just a community college "professor".

Regardless, just because I use different definitions doesn't mean other rules don't apply; Model A and intertype relations are perfectly in line with my views. Now, go fuck yourself!

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Bloem View Post
    You're such a blowhard. Admit it: you're just a community college "professor".
    I'm a 19 year old college student. Good try though.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

whaaat, u´re not an Emeritus and you dare emit judgements about socionics

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a 19 year old college student. Good try though.
    Ah, that makes a lot more sense. Somehow I was under the impression that you were faculty at an impractical liberal arts college.

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, that makes a lot more sense. Somehow I was under the impression that you were faculty at an impractical liberal arts college.
    I guess I'm allowed to be retarded since I'm still (barely) a teenager, huh?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I'm allowed to be retarded since I'm still (barely) a teenager, huh?
    No. Whatever your age, if you're going to "warn" people about me like I don't know what I'm talking about, then you'd best know what you're talking about.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This tread has been derailed. I do not care to know who knows more about socionics or what age they are, just what information they have to offer. I will take the time to judge its veracity on its own merit.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This tread has been derailed. I do not care to know who knows more about socionics or what age they are, just what information they have to offer. I will take the time to judge its veracity on its own merit.
    I don't have much reason not to see Te/Fi valued in what you wrote ....though I didn't read everything, oh that was long. You could still consider being one of the Fi types as well.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Whatever your age, if you're going to "warn" people about me like I don't know what I'm talking about, then you'd best know what you're talking about.
    I'm sure we could find someone with "credentials" to warn of the danger of listening to expert A or B. ;-)

But than, we all know the supressed knowledge is the most seductive....

I think we should basically warn any new forumnite that anyone here might give a wrong typing and that in general it's harmfull to one's productivity to enter this forum.. After that, they're on their own

Let's start off by warning every and all members of this forum not to take me seriously (including this statement!)

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a Wall of text type, I can't type you due to my eyes bleeding and (but less importantly) a general lack of typing skills

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    You're a Wall of text type, I can't type you due to my eyes bleeding and (but less importantly) a general lack of typing skills
    Yeah, It was all a bit long winded. I like writing my thought processes out when I think I need to cover all angles, otherwise I can be quite brief.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm going to say ILI.

If you want to rule out / distinguish ESI from ILI, look at the wikisocion descriptions of linear-stable and receptive-adaptive temperaments, specifically these parts:

IJs are both static and rational, so they see reality as mostly not changing and when it does, it's in abrupt "leaps" from one state to another.
    IPs are both dynamic and irrational, so they see reality as in continuous, gradual, often imperceptible change. An IP is soothed by this, seeing reality through his leading function.
    Introverted rationals have a very deliberate quality to everything they do. Although the wikisocion page says otherwise, I think most IJs tend to fidget quite a lot. IJs are also schizothymic, while IPs are cyclothymic.

Add on that your message is a block of text worthy of tl;dr, and that pretty much assures that you're a declaring & serious. So, we've got Irrational Introvert who is a Negativist, Declaring, Serious Constructivist and who probably has Ni & Fi in their valued stack.

Shouldn't be rocket science.
    I agree with your assessments of Negativist, and Serious Ni-valuing. That pretty much limits the discussion to just ESI and ILI... and I can't really see -suggestive or -polr in a lot of these posts, so I've got to go with ILI.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My apologies, this post has been deleted as it was probably one of the most boring and uninsightful posts I've ever made.
    Last edited by Skepsis; 07-08-2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: regrettably too long

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:41 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I posted this in my type me thread, within the Gamma group thread, to avoid derailing the rest of someone else's thread.

Not even a little drop? My, you're direct, which is okay, as I feel I can be direct in response to you're directness.

I do think you are on to something here. Now, I know you mentioned that I was an NF for sure in a prior quote. I can only assume that when you think I am an Fi/Te valuer that you mean either Fi as the base or creative function.I was willing to consider IEI because I thought that I may have been too polite and considerate for an ILI, not because I thought I had strong Fe. It seems that it is quite common for NiFe males to hold back a bit on the Fe, especially Ni dominants. As I relate most strongly to Ni as my base function, it leaves only two types IEI or ILI.

Now looking at the information elements I could say that throughout my life that Fe resembles more of a vulnerable function than a creative function:

In person I never come apart at the seems, even at funerals, where I'm unlikely to burst out in tears. The only time I really show strong emotion is at home around people I'm comfortable with and is often when I become noticeably irritated by certain displays of emotion or being forced to do something that I feel uncomfortable doing. I went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago and became irritated because one of the guests kept insisting that I dance. I didn't pout about it or anything, but it seemed a little much to insist that I dance when I don't want to, besides, I wasn't about to dance to the Footloose or Grease soundtrack.

The bolded is where I am in life right now. Relationships have generally sucked for me and now I'm at a point where I just don't care about all of the disappointments in life. People are who they are and I can sit around and mope about how imperfect they are or hang onto the ways in which they've disappointed me, or I can just accept them for who they are and try to have some sort of relationship with them. Having a few mediocre relationships is better than having none at all, as I've come to see things. I love people quite deeply and have trouble expressing that, but that doesn't mean I don't care. I also prefer to tell the truth over a lie that is comforting to someone, but I try to do it in a manner which is appropriate to the person; sometimes though I am overly blunt to try and get my point across to someone who isn't getting the message. I do tend to end serious emotional discussions with "I'm only trying to be honest" Overall, I think I'm a nice guy that is struggling with some things emotionally.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

I think you're right in assuming that I may value Fi/Te, but if it were so, it would be Te/Fi as opposed to the reverse, and since I value Ni>Fi for sure, that excludes the delta quadra. Essentially, if I am not NiFe, I am NiTe. I have given plenty of evidence for NF and not NT, but that is what you can expect on an internet forum. I'm probably the most productive technician at work and don't need any help in becoming more efficient or productive as the suggestive function of EII suggests because I already am about as efficient as I care to be. My problem seems to be more about caring about the task at hand enough to become engaged. I often feel that much of the work I do can be rather pointless and so if I want to log on to some esoteric internet web site to write some poetry, share some music, or attempt to work through some of my feelings in order to bring some joy in my life, then that is what I'm going to do.

Feel free to respond. I think getting an accurate type requires an adequate amount of dialogue.
    In my thread about Ti ego, Fe seeking you said totally different things, including that you're married to a ESI. Whatever. http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-for-Ti-folks

When you first asked about your type in the Gamma quadra several months ago, I could see ILI or a Fi type from your writing style, that's what I even told you. I think you should look into temperaments : EII and ILI are quite different. In my experience, EIIs are driven by a strong sense of responsibility and they work quite constantly because of that. I'd expect ILI to be more fluctuating, despite their Te creative (however better able to judge actual efficiency). I haven't seen what you're saying about not caring about the task at hand and rambling on esoteric forums in EIIs I know; maybe also because they are doing stuff that's pretty much a matter of vocation, so how they feel about the task at hand isn't really a problem.

If you were IEI, you'd be Ni subtype. And I think the same goes for ILI. Your writing style corresponds to the activity rhythm of the Inert subtype in this thread : http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tical-subtypes
    Last edited by Amber; 07-08-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:20 AM.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering how you've irritated people over a forum has become foreign to me. You have an interest in personality theory and you're doing your best to apply it to your own self. So what? Isn't that good enough? For the most part, this is something people do out of boredom or because it's a little fun. Kill your boredom, churn your interest in your own way. Your self-typing isn't going to have any actual impact on the [mostly] strangers you meet online.

And I guess everyone has their own method for self-typing. It's probably not suited for everyone, but I found casting all that intricate theoretical stuff to the side and sticking with the basics and then trying to compare and contrast with the people I interact with on a concrete level. Because people's inner thoughts and private interests can be surprising compared to how they most naturally act and interact with the world around them.

I mean, it can be somewhat empowering to see yourself in an abstract model such as socionics, but it's even more empowering to let go of it and see yourself without so many limitations. Because, after all, while socionics can be a tool for self-discovery, I think it too often accomplishes the opposite. Even people who fall under the same type can be so different from one another. Slowly but surely, things fall into place. And I think having doubts can be pretty normal, too, especially if you're being your own person. So by lending concentration on other things, realizing natural strengths and weaknesses, I think it more easily comes together than just thinking black and white triangles, circles, and squares.

Lastly, it's not wrong to be wrong, especially if you're not too stubborn about it.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, your conversation and the clarification about the nude beaches made me think ILI. Could be Ni subtype.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    ... I guess everyone has their own method for self-typing. It's probably not suited for everyone, but I found casting all that intricate theoretical stuff to the side and sticking with the basics and then trying to compare and contrast with the people I interact with on a concrete level. Because people's inner thoughts and private interests can be surprising compared to how they most naturally act and interact with the world around them.

I mean, it can be somewhat empowering to see yourself in an abstract model such as socionics, but it's even more empowering to let go of it and see yourself without so many limitations. Because, after all, while socionics can be a tool for self-discovery, I think it too often accomplishes the opposite. Even people who fall under the same type can be so different from one another. Slowly but surely, things fall into place. And I think having doubts can be pretty normal, too, especially if you're being your own person. So by lending concentration on other things, realizing natural strengths and weaknesses, I think it more easily comes together than just thinking black and white triangles, circles, and squares.

Lastly, it's not wrong to be wrong, especially if you're not too stubborn about it.
    Good advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Jimmers
    Recently I read http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...ungian_Aspects about the Left / Right dichotomy and I recommend you taking a look at the Groupings, maybe these can (still) help. ILI and EII are both Right Intuitives, whereas ESI is a Left Sensor.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

your tim says eii now? i think fi-eii is good.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEE > EII ....but Jimmers iz a mcool guy overall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast