Thread: Audre Lorde

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Audre Lorde

Audre Lorde (born Audrey Geraldine Lorde, February 18, 1934 – November 17, 1992) was a Caribbean-American writer and civil rights activist.

“If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.”

“When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.”

“I have come to believe over and over again that what is most important to me must be spoken, made verbal and shared, even at the risk of having it bruised or misunderstood.”

“It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.”

“Guilt is not a response to anger; it is a response to one’s own actions or lack of action. If it leads to change then it can be useful, since it is then no longer guilt but the beginning of knowledge. Yet all too often, guilt is just another name for impotence, for defensiveness destructive of communication; it becomes a device to protect ignorance and the continuation of things the way they are, the ultimate protection for changelessness.”

“I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.”

“Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.”

“Our feelings are our most genuine paths to knowledge.”

“But the true feminist deals out of a lesbian consciousness whether or not she ever sleeps with women.”

“I find I am constantly being encouraged to pluck out some one aspect of myself and present this as the meaningful whole, eclipsing or denying the other parts of self.”

“The erotic is a measure between the beginnings of our sense of self and the chaos of our strongest feelings. ”

“We have been raised to fear the yes within ourselves, our deepest cravings.”

“Some women wait for themselves around the next corner and call the empty spot peace but the opposite of living is only not living and the stars do not care.”

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

no idea, really.
    very social instincty but i'm not sure if i should try to mentally separate that from the fact that she was an activist. maybe iee?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I actually take her for more Fi-driven than IEE. Her style is very dedicated, very personal, subjective, almost intimately so as well as heels-dug-in-the-ground for her convictions. Not so much imaginative. She emphasizes the significance of feelings and the need to fight potential disconnection from "the force within" (an emotional one in her view).

"The erotic is a measure between the beginnings of our sense of self and the chaos of our strongest feelings"
    (from Uses of the erotic).
    "When I speak of the erotic, I speak of it as an assertion of the lifeforce of women; of that creative energy empowered, the knowledge and the use of which we are now reclaiming in our own language, our history, our loving, our work, our lives."
    "Beyond the superficial, the considered phrase, 'It feels right to me' acknowledges the strength of the erotic into a true knowledge, for what that means is the first and the most powerful guiding light toward any understanding."

I'm tempted to say her belief in the "erotic charge" which infuses everything that makes people (women ) feel accomplished and "on the right path" looks a bit like Sx first. It reminded me of the notion of "Kairos time" developed here in relation to that instinct : http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...notes-sp-so-sx
    It's a fascinating concept actually : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kairos

"For when we begin to feel deeply all the aspects of our lives, we begin to demand from ourselves and from our life-pursuits that they feel in accordance with that joy which we know ourselves to be capable of. Our erotic knowledge empowers us, becomes a lens through which we scrutinize all aspects of our existence, forcing us to evaluate those aspects honestly in terms of their relative meaning within our lives."

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    no idea, really.
    very social instincty but i'm not sure if i should try to mentally separate that from the fact that she was an activist. maybe iee?
    I had an instant feeling of EIE from the photo's for some reason. Can not say why as yet. Will mull it over with those quotes and get back to this.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it was a combination of the pictures + seeing Fi in the quotes that led me to guess @ IEE.
    i would go along with any Fi type, though. i don't see Fe.

what she says resonates with me a lot except when she speaks from a more group standpoint
    ("But the true feminist deals out of a lesbian consciousness whether or not she ever sleeps with women.”)
    which i could see as social instinct and/or aristocracy

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Today 01:37 AM] Radio : i don't know anything about audre lorde, do you think she could be EII?
    [Today 01:37 AM] Radio : or ESI
    [Today 01:37 AM] Radio : Fi/Te rational i think

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    it was a combination of the pictures + seeing Fi in the quotes that led me to guess @ IEE.
    i would go along with any Fi type, though. i don't see Fe.

what she says resonates with me a lot except when she speaks from a more group standpoint
    ("But the true feminist deals out of a lesbian consciousness whether or not she ever sleeps with women.”)
    which i could see as social instinct and/or aristocracy
    It was also the spirit of her time ... she started off as a librarian and then got into education, academia included. She could not not actively fight for changes in terms of "group consciousness", it would have been like a waste of her position and capacities. Very few A-Am. women could get to that level in that period, so she was very much aware of what should be done on a global level. I think there's more to it than mere ennea-instinct. But I also think she's rather Delta NF.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can't decide between LSE and EII.