Thread: Zelda Fitzgerald

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Zelda Fitzgerald

“I am really only myself when I'm somebody else whom I have endowed with these wonderful qualities from my imagination.”

“By the time a person has achieved years adequate for choosing a direction, the die is cast and the moment has long since passed which determined the future.”

“I don't want to live - I want to love first, and live incidentally.”

“And only weaklings...who lack courage and the power to feel they're right when the whole world says they're wrong, ever lose.”

“We walked at night towards a cafe blooming with Japanese lanterns and I followed your white shoes gleaming like radium in the damp darkness. Rising off the water, lights flickered an invitation far enough away to be interpreted as we liked; to shimmer glamourously behind the silhouette of retrospective good times when we still believed in summer hotels and the philosophies of popular songs.”

“Most people hew the battlements of life from compromise, erecting their impregnable keeps from judicious submissions, fabricating their philosophical drawbridges from emotional retractions and scalding marauders in the boiling oil of sour grapes.”

“Emptying the ashtrays was very expressive of myself. i just lump everything in a great heap which i have labeled ‘the past,’ and having thus emptied this deep reservoir that was once myself, i am ready to continue.”

“Something in me vibrates to a dusky, dreamy smell of dying moons and shadows.”

“Everybody gives you belief for the asking,' she said to David, 'and so few people give you anything more to believe in than your own belief - just not letting you down, that's all. Its so hard to find a person who accepts responsibilities beyond what you ask.'
    'So easy to be loved - so hard to love.' David answered”

“People are like almanacs, Bonnie - you never can find the information you're looking for, but the casual reading is well worth the trouble.”

“Being in love, she concluded, is simply a presentation of our pasts to another individual, mostly packages so unwieldy that we can no longer manage the loosened strings alone.”

“The sky lay over the city like a map showing the strata of things and the big full moon toppled over in a furrow like the abandoned wheel of a gun carriage on a sunset field of battle and the shadows walked like cats and I looked into the white and ghostly interior of things and thought of you and I looked on their structural outsides and thought of you and was lonesome.”

“It seemed to Alabama that, reaching her goal, she would drive the devils that had driven her - that, in proving herself, she would achieve that peace which she imagined went only in surety of one’s self - that she would be able, through the medium of the dance, to command her emotions, to summon love or pity or happiness at will, having provided a channel through which they might flow. She drove herself mercilessly, and the summer dragged on.”

“I suppose all we can really share with people is a taste for the same kinds of weather.”

“We get something to do and as soon as we've got it, it gets us.”

“I still know in my heart that it is a Godless, dirty game; that love is bitter and all there is, and that the rest is for the emotional beggars of the earth and is about the equivalent of people who stimulate themselves with dirty post cards-”

“Something may be a sort of fulfillment of yourself, and it may not be great to other people, but it is just as essential to yourself as if it is a great masterpiece.”

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably difficult to tell through the haze of mental illness.

Thinking about her makes me sad. She seemed so lively.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

she reminded me of Robyn in that last pic @Roro

Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SLE? EIE?

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    “And only weaklings...who lack courage and the power to feel they're right when the whole world says they're wrong, ever lose.”
    its only one quote but this screams Ji to me.