Thread: ILE-LIE quasi-identical relations in work environment (ENTp/ENTj)

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILE-LIE quasi-identical relations in work environment (ENTp/ENTj)

What makes this relation difficult at times in the work environment?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Not a great deal can make it difficult. It's been a very smooth relation in my experience, and I know quite a lot of ILEs.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Not a great deal can make it difficult. It's been a very smooth relation in my experience, and I know quite a lot of ILEs.
    You guys as rationals, start making decisions ASAP forming targets you want for the problem isn't it? Whereas irrationals just that thinking about a general way to address the problem gearing a solution?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CLEARLY you've not met my VERY ILE brother ...I doubt you'd have such smooth interaction with him if you're what I've read a LIE is. I'd find it amusing though
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    CLEARLY you've not met my VERY ILE brother ...I doubt you'd have such smooth interaction with him if you're what I've read a LIE is. I'd find it amusing though
    What are LIE like to you

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soupman View Post
    What are LIE like to you
    I get along fine with 'em. I only know one though, so it's hardly enough for comparison. My brother didn't like her....nor did my EIE friend.(they didn't tell her that though)

OBLIVIOUS!
    Last edited by chriscorey; 02-05-2014 at 11:23 PM.

-Krishna

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You guys as rationals, start making decisions ASAP forming targets you want for the problem isn't it? Whereas irrationals just that thinking about a general way to address the problem gearing a solution?
    The logical irrational types seem more apt to tackle problems, but more when the need arises than anything pre-emptive, whereas the rational logicals seem to want to pre-empt problems as well as solve ones that come up.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The logical irrational types seem more apt to tackle problems, but more when the need arises than anything pre-emptive, whereas the rational logicals seem to want to pre-empt problems as well as solve ones that come up.
    According to Gulenko LIE as rationals, start making decisions hastily starting to form targets on how they want to solve their problem. Whereas ILE as irrationals, explore and try to look at the problem's many faces before finally fixiating on targets they feel are appropriate.

LIE don't really think about their actual solution intently since they focus on targets. ILE don't really think about the targets intently as they focus on the actual solutions.

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...155cYSNOjbe4_Q

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...s3q0e-sWomPgcw
    Last edited by Soupman; 02-06-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The relationship is not necessarily "difficult". If both types make regular use of their auxiliary functions, then both will be relatively adjusted and balanced psychologically. Generally with LIE's, I try to get out of their way and make myself a good intellectual resource. If they want my help, I'll let them come to me and entertain their sporadic desires for some Ne stimulus. It's all about letting them having control of whatever apparatuses exist in your shared environment, and then positioning yourself as a intellectual resource and generally keeping yourself neutral in social relationships. They will react poorly if you seem overly diplomatic, so make a few steady relationships with complementary types. That way they won't feel threatened by Fe positioning/conspiring/factionalization. Just be real and honest in your opinions and let them come to you on their terms. make yourself a useful resource; a point of open-minded project re-direction. You will find their intuitive side if you provide them with a steady, honest relationship. Both parties will advance from private, introverted discussion.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never had personal problems interacting with ILEs in a work or school-project environment - if anything, the relationship was fruitful. Yes, I rarely get along with people in their social circles and they rarely get along with people in mine, but thatīs besides the point.

According to Gulenko LIE as rationals, start making decisions hastily starting to form target on how they want to solve their problem. Whereas ILE as irrationals, explore and try to look at the problem's many faces before finally fixiating on targets they feel are appropriate.
    Most kind of work interactions are about trying to find a way to execute a task or finish a project, so this problem is bypassed. I could imagine such conflict if a ILE and LIE were to start a business.
    @Maritsa: no, they are both extraverted positivist (democratic), so their role in a group is to be the "silly and joking" ones.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I never had personal problems interacting with ILEs in a work or school-project environment - if anything, the relationship was fruitful. Yes, I rarely get along with people in their social circles and they rarely get along with people in mine, but thatīs besides the point.

Most kind of work interactions are about trying to find a way to execute a task or finish a project, so this problem is bypassed. I could imagine such conflict if a ILE and LIE were to start a business.
    @Maritsa: no, they are both extraverted positivist (democratic), so their role in a group is to be the "silly and joking" ones.
    I deleted my post. I'm going to see if I can find an ENTp to help me out with a real life working scenario with and ENTj. I know about 4 ENTj but only two ENTp. The two ENTp I know one is no where to be found
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lulz

-Krishna

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem there is simply that rationals and irrationals don't agree with each others course of action due to thinking in reverse.

For irrationals the finishing of the project is not really important but rather the process instead. You just care about the end results rather than the process so we rub each other badly. We ignore your targets when they don't align with our process whilst you ignore our process when it does not align with the targets you have in mind.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem there is simply that rationals and irrationals don't agree with each others course of action due to thinking in reverse.

For irrationals the finishing of the project is not really important but rather the process instead. You just care about the end results rather than the process so we rub each other badly. We ignore your targets when they don't align with our process whilst you ignore our process when it does not align with the targets you have in mind.
    You seem to have made up your mind about the issue.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to have made up your mind about the issue.
    I have experienced this first hand observing the ''theory'' in real life. Its not just speculation to say that working together can be difficult. This is amplified between IP EJ and IJ EP. I can work better with IJs compared to EJs, speaking about strictly work rhythm wise.