User Tag List

Thread: I guess I'm supposed to make a post??

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I guess I'm supposed to make a post??

So yeah. This is it :'D

I'm an IFSp/SEI and I just recently have become very interested in personality typing and theory. I was a psych major in uni, so that maybe be why ahaha

I'm not really sure what to post here because I feel weird and awkward just volunteering information about myself. OTL

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Post your account details so I can get in hkkmr's kingdom undetected.

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Account details? Sorry, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. C-could oyu be more specific? I'm just really....inept or something OTL

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, account password, so I can sneak in like a spy...

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome. I like your name. It reminds me of tea.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetgingerpeach View Post
    Account details? Sorry, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. C-could oyu be more specific? I'm just really....inept or something OTL
    Well...

I'll explain a bit of the stuff you just got thrown at you; Absurd is a very intelligent and dangerous person who should be ignored and/or responded to with care. Also, not taking him too serious (sorry 'surd) might be a good entry strategy untill you've figured out when he's serious and when he's not. (I haven't managed to do just that in the months I've been here).

Hkkmr is the owner of the site and so has powers, magically or neferious, you pick, to ban absurd (or anyone else) so giving your magical words to Absurd would give him a way back in in the (un?)likely case he gets banned. Hkkmr is also an ILE so he vies with me for your SEI attention (he's also more knowledgable and far more powerfull on this forum, but he can't beat my pink wall of texts).

Enjoy, this forum is like a cake in a too slow burning oven; you'll check it too frequently and you might not learn anything from checking often, but at least it smells good!!

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit:
    ahem. what..?
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 02-03-2014 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Mentioned in the posts below.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OOoooohh okay I get it now!
    Haha that's rather sneaky of Absurd then XP

Thanks for the low-down on things. I feel like I have many exciting things to discover here, and probably a lot of weird and questionable things as well xD Should be fun c:
    I'm actually also kind of really excited about meeting duals because I don't know if I've met one in real life or not?? From what I hear, it is just the ideal experience or something hahah

And thankyou Ryene. I'm quite a tea person myself ^^

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have met them. It's not a big deal. It happens. Sometimes you get along, sometimes you don't even want to. This is not science.

According to your typing, I'm your dual. Nice to meet you and so on.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I'm not really a dick. It's just Polr and I'm just seeking . Maybe you can make me more comfortable in this conversation with some while I offer my ?

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so thrown off by those shapes. Am I gonna have to get used to that?? Haha

I've seen things like Fi-Polr and other such terms floating around on different threads, and I'm afraid I have no idea what it means since I have a fairly basic understanding of socionics :/ Care to enlighten me?? c:

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so thrown off by those shapes. Am I gonna have to get used to that?? Haha

I've seen things like Fi-Polr and other such terms floating around on different threads, and I'm afraid I have no idea what it means since I have a fairly basic understanding of socionics :/ Care to enlighten me?? c:
    I really hate socionics and that was said in self-irony. You can, however, hover your cursor over those icons and it will tell what function it is and then, like, google it. And, voila, you're an expert.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hi, welcome to the forum, did someone say cake?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn, the competition just got tougher!! It's three ILE's trying to woo you now

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

hello @sweetgingerpeach, and welcome to the forum. i don't know what the hell all those guys are talking about, ILEs and little white triangles and duality and shit. It's kind of creepy, like they have their own language for talking about which one might have a boner for you, and why.

except for absurd, he has a language that makes sense only to certain people. i can never really make heads or tails of it. it's like he doesn't actually know English as a second language (he is a Polish native, from what I understand), but he can sort of perform these mechanical imitations of the English language like a drunk parrot. there is syntax, and structure, and grammar; but there's rarely any context and occasionally you feel like he's almost speaking past you, like he's got some lesser, hitherto unknown type of coprolalia. it's best if you just put him on ignore now and forget he ever existed.

I was a psych major in uni
    jealous
    did you finish your degree? and if so, what did you specialize in?
    Last edited by Capitalist Pig; 02-03-2014 at 09:37 PM. Reason: where are my manners

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aquagraph: Ahhh I see. Google truly is the key to gaining all knowledge after all.
    @hkkmr: Ah it is you! The fabled one....or something haha And yes, I believe someone did, and now it's making me want cake oAo
    @Capitalist Pig: I did finish my degree c: I didn't have a specific specialization, but I took mostly developmenalt, social/personality, and abnormal psych. I'm thinking of taking my training to become a birth doula now, which is probably a sterotypical kind of career for an SEI haha

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Capitalist Pig: I did finish my degree c: I didn't have a specific specialization, but I took mostly developmenalt, social/personality, and abnormal psych. I'm thinking of taking my training to become a birth doula now, which is probably a sterotypical kind of career for an SEI haha
    Right on. I wouldn't know about stereotypical careers for SEIs, but if that's what you want to do, then go for it!

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Capitalist Pig: I just heard SEIs are in nursing or other positions where they can care for people and have some social component. I figure coaching women through pregnancya nd labour is basically int hat category haha. And yeah, it's never what I thought I'd see myself doing (I always just wanted to be a mom lol), but I'm really excited about it c:
    @Ryene Astraelis: Yum! c:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

you sure are a ISFp

I like it

Would you like to go work out with me?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html