Thread: Brushing up Socionics misconceptions

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Brushing up Socionics misconceptions

Please do not make the assumption that being a Sensory type means being required to have good hand-eye coordination. Being an N type does not mean one lacks motor skills or that their motor skills don't work properly. Being too assertive in grabbing something abruptly and having it break is something that may be done by SEE types, as my brother (SEE) and his identical type gf broke all the drinking glasses (made of glass) when they were living with me. Being clumsy and running into things and hurting yourself may be caused by a number of other things like misguided attention, not paying attention, being too excited about something else. You will not find a single good Socionics source that will indicate that this is type related and in my experience (since 2007) never thus have I seen such a thing. Lastly, to clarify an issue about N type. There is one thing about the general standing posture that would indicate an S or an N type, that is that when standing up or sometimes even siting N types tend to have an awkward posture, more accurately BAD posture as you may observe in my post here:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post910959

To continue....You will not be type EII by me if you so much as claim "CLUMSY" because EII have very good coordination, and sometimes they get in their head and get distracted, in which case they will walk into other people without looking but EII have good motor skills in that they can dance, run, and take up any number of other sports.

If you have others you may write about them in this thread.

This is ISTp, you may notice how comfortably and balanced she is when she's standing:

This is an N type...INFp her stance is one shoulder down and one leg out...usually N types may try to cross their legs when standing to keep a balance:

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Please do not make the assumption that being a Sensory type means being required to have good hand-eye coordination. Being an N type does not mean one lacks motor skills or that their motor skills don't work properly. Being too assertive in grabbing something abruptly and having it break is something that may be done by SEE types, as my brother (SEE) and his identical type gf broke all the drinking glasses (made of glass) when they were living with me. Being clumsy and running into things and hurting yourself may be caused by a number of other things like misguided attention, not paying attention, being too excited about something else. You will not find a single good Socionics source that will indicate that this is type related and in my experience (since 2007) never thus have I seen such a thing. Lastly, to clarify an issue about N type. There is one thing about the general standing posture that would indicate an S or an N type, that is that when standing up or sometimes even siting N types tend to have an awkward posture, more accurately BAD posture as you may observe in my post here:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post910959

To continue....You will not be type EII by me if you so much as claim "CLUMSY" because EII have very good coordination, and sometimes they get in their head and get distracted, in which case they will let walk into other people without looking but EII have good motor skills in that they can dance, run, and take up any number of other sports.

If you have others you may write about them in this thread.
    Thanks for clearing things up. I still think Dr. Murdoch is EIE, though

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You have said yourself in the past that intuitive types are bad at physically navigating. I recall that you blanketly dismissed the idea of intuitive types playing soccer/football in the large VI/typing thread of them.

Why the change of heart?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Bloem View Post
    Thanks for clearing things up. I still think Dr. Murdoch is EIE, though
    no he's not. He's an S type. Do you see any of this resemblance in that man as described here about ENFj?:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Meged-Ovcharov
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    You have said yourself in the past that intuitive types are bad at physically navigating. I recall that you blanketly dismissed the idea of intuitive types playing soccer/football in the large VI/typing thread of them.

Why the change of heart?
    I previously said that I was prone into not paying attention to things and running into walls and objects, that has largely to do with me being in my head and not paying attention, which also means I'm more Introverted.

however, being clumsy as I understand the definition, which is "awkward in movement or in handling things" does not apply to me. I'm graceful in my movements, but in standing position I'm very unbalanced. In moving things, as in objects, I'm very careful in handeling them with care. Compared to my brother, an SEE, in the few months he lived with me he broke 9 glasses. I, in the years I've had them, haven't chipped any because when I have objects in hand, I tend to pay careful attention as to not damage them and take care of them so they last a long time.
    -

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I previously said that I was prone into not paying attention to things and running into walls and objects, that has largely to do with me being in my head and not paying attention, which also means I'm more Introverted.

however, being clumsy as I understand the definition, which is "awkward in movement or in handling things" does not apply to me. I'm graceful in my movements, but in standing position I'm very unbalanced. In moving things, as in objects, I'm very careful in handeling them with care. Compared to my brother, an SEE, in the few months he lived with me he broke 9 glasses. I, in the years I've had them, haven't chipped any because when I have objects in hand, I tend to pay careful attention as to not damage them and take care of them so they last a long time.
    How about this post?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can play soccer, I like soccer, but I’m not very good at it. It’s a conscious effort to run or play sports. I have to look at the ground sometimes or I will trip and fall.

In the military I got into trouble a lot for not marching properly. I was screamed at repeatedly for looking at the ground while running in formation. I broke my pinky finger because I eventually biffed it mid run.

I was lucky I wasn’t trampled! Good times.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no he's not. He's an S type. Do you see any of this resemblance in that man as described here about ENFj?:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Meged-Ovcharov
    Here are some fitting quotes from both subtype descriptions:
    The ethical subtype tries to behave according to the rules of what is considered to be appropriate in society. Internally he is emotional, but usually modest and constrained in his emotional expressions.

Inclined to constantly analyze people and events. Spends a lot of time reflecting on moral and ethical issues. Tries to impart his own understanding of various phenomena or the world on others, attempts to help them avoid various mistakes in life or in specific enterprises.

Values his reputation in entrepreneurial activity.

Usually focuses on the issues of greatest importance, from which it is difficult to distract him.[

Picky about his appearance, takes care of his looks and manners of behavior.

Very inquisitive and talkative; emotional enough to be impressionable.

A good strategist, accurately feels his chances and knows how to choose the right time for certain actions. Knows how to properly allocate the event in time. Likes to start useful business contacts, has good organizational abilities. He is not afraid of taking on substantial responsibilities, with which he sometimes experiences difficulties because of the over-estimation of his own capabilities. Assessing general trends, attempts to highlight the main aspects

Eloquent, a good speaker who can speak with enthusiasm, expressing various nuances of feeling - from admiration and enthusiasm, to subtle irony and sarcasm. While at this, may unconsciously fantasize, giving his story a shade sensationalism or drama. Has a developed sense of humor, able to copy voice or mannerisms of other people. Being fairly demonstrative behavior, often is in the center of attention, knows how to win the audience. Makes a vivid impression on others. It has a strong gift of persuasion. Is able to captivate people with his ideas and lead them after him.

Tries to dress tastefully - sometimes with reserve and elegance, other times with his clothing is spectacular and extravagant, and sometimes he dresses carelessly. Dislikes unnecessary things.

On another note, I think this quote might be referring to an anecdotal EIE defending quasibro IEE from forceful Beta STs:
    Independent in his judgments, and often tries to justify those whom others condemn.

For reference, watch Si Robertson (IEE) go into Ti-PoLR mode at 8:45 in this hunting video with Phil Robertson (LSI) and Jase Robertson (SLE):

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How about this post?
    yeah for some reason that sport for me, as I've discovered lately, requires multi tasking which I'm not able to do, but may be associated with just my type. I've noticed Ni types that are more dynamic are able to play it
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But.... Julia Roberts is a LSI and i've known tons of EII's that are clumsy. And i'm a heavy introvert and my posture is terrrrrrriffffffic! SEE's are reckless, for sure. But breaking glasses isn't clumsy. Kicking the couch when walking and not having good balance while moving is clumsy. Ne's typically are very clumsy in that sense. Breaking glass is stupid, and reckless. Se can be quite reckless in that sense.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish there was a dislike button beside the like button.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    I wish there was a dislike button beside the like button.
    I wanted to have a ban button with a minimum 350 years temporary ban, but it seems the 'community' is way too liberal.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

why hasn't anyone come up with a throw-eggs or a splash button

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lul, I thought you're Ashton and went completely bonkers. People and the choice of their usernames...

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sounds like that Ashton, whoever they are, is a very, very serious dude

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Here's another misconception:

Se ego types are violent, aggressive, will push you under the bus and not care about you. OMG do you think if God got rid of everyone who said this that there might be some sane people left? (ok enough with my judgement..onwards). Let's compare a scenario...

Lets say a company institutes a policy that an employee may purchase certain goods from them on company credit for 50% off. However they will have to make payments monthly.

A certain SEE in testing how much they can get away with comes and asks both an SLE and an EII (both are representing the company as supervisors) if they can skip this month's payment. An SLE doesn't push that person under the bus...whatever!

An SLE will tell the person "I tried to see (from the authority) if we could skip your payment and unfortunately we can't."

An EII will tell the person "[Leah -a made up name], we've instituted a company wide policy [brings up the rules to remind the person of consistency] that because we allow all employees [after all it's important to an EII to not only address the person as an individual but also as a part of a team] to take a 50% discount, don't charge them a monthly $5 installment fee, interest, and allow them to pay over a long period of time so that it won't be a financial burden on them, we also ask everyone to not skip payments. Because of this we are unable to let you skip a payment. I'm sorry that you're having a rough financial time. I will offer these resources to help you in obtaining additional funds if you need it."

What are the differences that you see in the above two statements?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-01-2014 at 02:54 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well here's one of my favorite SEE cooking, notice how many times she does the same thing (using the madeline without using the finger guard for it that would safeguard her hand from getting cut) she knows she's not doing it the right way, but she ignores it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3vOfyFN-pw

This is SEE *my will over the madeline* or ignoring what will happen to me should i get hurt by being careless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    But.... Julia Roberts is a LSI and i've known tons of EII's that are clumsy. And i'm a heavy introvert and my posture is terrrrrrriffffffic! SEE's are reckless, for sure. But breaking glasses isn't clumsy. Kicking the couch when walking and not having good balance while moving is clumsy. Ne's typically are very clumsy in that sense. Breaking glass is stupid, and reckless. Se can be quite reckless in that sense.
    I agree about SEE being reckless. Why do you think that is? In the above video, you'll find my favorite SEE youtuber talk about that recklessness.

I NEVER do stuff like this. If I find something will prevent me from getting cut I'll use it.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is Gisele Bundchen, EII who stand exactly as I do when I stand

-

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This is Gisele Bundchen, EII who stand exactly as I do when I stand

It is insane how much you resemble Gisele Bundchen.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It is because I'm identical to her and I'm as tiny as she is

Please, someone tell that to all the LSE
    -

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad that Socionics misconception got brushed up.

Post Edit: There should be a whole thread of people who Maritsa stands and is tiny like.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A sight to behold!
    @Maritsa, did you ever type her romantic connections -- Leonardo DiCaprio or Tom Brady..?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    A sight to behold!
    @Maritsa, did you ever type her romantic connections -- Leonardo DiCaprio or Tom Brady..?
    Yes, I have

Leo is LSE; Leo like LSE is a immature man whore just like someone else I know who can't stand to make one relationship work and work well. It could have worked well if he didn't cheat on her and everyone else he's been with. In the Academy Awards, he showed off his Fi seeking by thanking his parents for their support.
    Tom is LSI; introverted, focused, aggressive sportman.

I too tend to gravitate to both those types mostly because I love T and process types. This is the reason why I don't really get on well with Result types. I love process types because I tend to be thorough and pedantic too.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People still do socionics here?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rat1 View Post
    People still do socionics here?
    …So you're saying people did?

This is actually the best I've seen it… In 2006, it was the typology equivalent of the wild west meets SVU.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, so Marista isn't Giselle? I thought that she was this entire time...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Please, someone tell that to all the LSE
    Will do Maritsa, will do. You can count on me.

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is because I'm identical to her and I'm as tiny as she is
    Do you have sarcasm-POLR?

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, I had an SEE friend who was driving in front of me and my mother, and she crashed her car into a mailbox. She was playing really loud music and maybe didn’t see ahead, otherwise she does seem like a decent driver. Se typed seem to be able to get themselves out of these messes and their accident are more impulses. They seem to do something quickly and keep going. My LSI brother crashed his car many times and my mother at that point had to take his car away. I am not reckless in that sense, I mean I do lose things a lot and forget where I put something, but I am not impulsive.