Thread: ENFj & tertiary function of Si - Becoming More Human

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFj & tertiary function of Si - Becoming More Human

I had a month long hospitalization at the age of 35 and it felt like it solidified my need to introvertedly sense. I was extrovertedly sensing too much and had become very erratic and sort of locked into the lower functions or the functions of model B (Fi, Ne, & Te).

Some of the problem is that the type of work I usually do doesn't really support my primary or secondary functions. Therefore I feel like I have to sharpen other parts of the personality to fit in in a work environment that doesn't favor idealist energy.

Anyway - Introverted Sensing is developing my inner guardian. That guardian energy that I am so hungry for resonates within me and I was sort of raised by wolves so I experience this as a process of maturing, becoming more civilized, learning to balance and tame extroverted sensing.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leftylib View Post
    I had a month long hospitalization at the age of 35 and it felt like it solidified my need to introvertedly sense. I was extrovertedly sensing too much and had become very erratic and sort of locked into the lower functions or the functions of model B (Fi, Ne, & Te).

Some of the problem is that the type of work I usually do doesn't really support my primary or secondary functions. Therefore I feel like I have to sharpen other parts of the personality to fit in in a work environment that doesn't favor idealist energy.

Anyway - Introverted Sensing is developing my inner guardian. That guardian energy that I am so hungry for resonates within me and I was sort of raised by wolves so I experience this as a process of maturing, becoming more civilized, learning to balance and tame extroverted sensing.
    Very interesting. I am pretty unbalanced with my polr, either hyperfocused on Si or ignoring it, but mostly wish that I didn't have to think about it. Can you describe some ways that you are working on your polr?
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hygiene, money management, civic participation - close contact with a dual , considering yoga, training myself to wake early everyday.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had 2 surgeries this year and am not really bouncing back from either. So I am forcing myself to at least take vitamins and drink more water. These simple steps are greatly annoying to me. I need to adjust my mindset so that I don't focus on the annoyance.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFJ and tertiary Si? o.O That's not correct in either theory.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    ENFJ and tertiary Si? o.O That's not correct in either theory.

also notetaking, making dr appointments etc.

yeah fine its the 4th function but its part of the same block of functions. I've seen the polr treated as two sides of the same function level. you don't have to act like I was way off or something I think what i'm saying is still valid as I've read the presence of a dual helps us naturally develop the 4th function and that matches up with my experience.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah fine its the 4th function but its part of the same block of functions. I've seen the polr treated as two sides of the same function level. you don't have to act like I was way off or something I think what i'm saying is still valid as I've read the presence of a dual helps us naturally develop the 4th function and that matches up with my experience.
    You are quite off, though. In EIE, is the PoLR. Socionics also doesn't have a "tertiary function". MBTI does, but for the ENFJ, the tertiary is Se, and Si doesn't show up in the typical four-function model.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Super-Id and Super-Ego functions could go through some improvement by interacting with a dual, yes. But the terminology used is still wrong.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know introverted sensing is the polr that's what the fuck im talking about.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know introverted sensing is the polr that's what the fuck im talking about.
    It's just a terminology clarification/correction. Why so defensive?
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    It's just a terminology clarification/correction. Why so defensive?
    thank you for the information you gave. sorry i think i let my weak Fi (insecurity, self-esteem) get the best of me. ENFJ Teachers have learning to do, too, I suppose, ay?

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had a case of food poisoning happen this week. I'm starting to get back on my feet. Man it sucks. I slept 12 hours last night and could probably use more.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    I just had a case of food poisoning happen this week. I'm starting to get back on my feet. Man it sucks. I slept 12 hours last night and could probably use more.
    Food poisoning leaves you feeling so weak, and wary of ever eating again...

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Food poisoning leaves you feeling so weak, and wary of ever eating again...
    I think I'm getting over it. Slowly. It's taking a while. I ate an entire package of saltines today and some tomato soup and mostly broth from some chicken and rice soup. I bought some pedialyte because I heard it works better than Gatorade. Twelve hours of sleep and I'm still tired.