Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas about my type? :)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ideas about my type? :)

I will appreciate any insights don't worry and express your opinions openly. Thank you for help

I very much like being creative mostly in artistic ways. I like to sing, play an instrument, write, act and I also like fashion, I like to create my own styles, combinations to express myself among others. I use art mostly to express my feelings, it's like a ventil for me and my emotions. Usually I am the best at arts where language and words are used, but I deeply sucked at any arts where I have to use my body, hands, or just do something physically as I am really very clumsy and have often troubles with controling my movements.

I very much like to challenge my mind to think. I am good at breaking problems into parts and getting into the core of ideas, or even people. When I learn I dislike just to memorize, I need to understand the meaning of a subject to learn. I usually break down the problem to create my own new order in which I can understand the theory and look at it from my own angle. I like to recreate statements of theories with my own mind to bring up the message and the general meaning of it. I like to analyze. What is a huge problem for me are immidiate reactions, where I have to think really quickly, count, decide and I am pushed to one way decision. I am usually terrible at this...I am also not very good with metric systems and too strict and concrete logic, that doesn't allow my own explanations.

I've been told many times, that I have very good people instincts and I naturally understand people's needs. I also was told that I am very empathetic and can easily imagine myself in other people's situations. Sometimes I do that to the point I can get easily overwhelmed by them and that often creates an inner tension, or even anxiety inside of myself. I really have good eye on people, I like to get inside of them to understand why they do things they do. I want to know what is hidden by an actions. But I am a terrible care taker...as many times I've been told I am empathic that many times I've been told I am self absorbed and egotistical. And that's true...I put my needs infront of others and usually accept people will retreat. I am can be very dominant when it comes to assert my opinions. Generally I try to be nice to people, but I like to keep some distance from them...I am critical and have high ideals for others, but that comes to contrast with my need for being accepted. There's nothing more I hate than a feel of rejection, but I would never change myself just to make someone like me.

I am very skeptical about the opinions of general population and making my own opinions, be an independent thinker is very important for me. I am usually skeptical and cynical when it comes to beliefs and opinions of mainstream population and usually look for more alternative ideas.

My big problem is that I am extremely sensitive and let my feelings to overwhelm me easily. I can cry easily, but I usually play it "tough" in front of others and I dislike to express my feelings much.

So any ideas?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm, i'd look into entp or intj.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As someone trying to figure himself out, I find several interesting notes in your passage. Your desire to map out the world in thought, as well as your substantial creativity and weak hands-on creativity do indeed remind me of Alpha NTs (I suspect I fall there as well.) The emotional section, though, offers other evidence. Your substantial empathy implies capable Fi, while playing "tough" in front of others suggests low Fe. Honestly, you're something of a puzzle, much like... everyone else in the world, frankly. I'll say this, though. You sound very interesting and cool.

My own notions of the information elements are pretty flawed, at least according to Maritsa, but I hope my two cents were helpful nonetheless. Good luck finding yourself!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say IEE.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Bloem View Post
    I say IEE.
    1st impression by scanning this - IEE. That would be quite a short piece of text for a IEE though .... maybe you just got bored fast.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^addressed to OP as well

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all! First I read about IEE profile as I scored IEE at the some socionics tests I took.... I very much relate to their Ego Block - Ne+Fi I think this is basicly how I function, but I disagree further on Super-ego block and their way of using the Se+Ti. I have no problems describing complex and I can be quite good at noticing the general idea behind facts that are less relevant. It's not a problem for me to catch and concentrate on important facts of a complex and I can easily explain it to others. This was my big plus at school, because I didn't need to memorize everything, I just cought the complex of a problem and could easily explain it by my own words and usually sounds right. The Super-Id block is quite like me, mostly the Si part is very true. But again the Id Block and Ni... It's exact opposite. I don't like it, but my mind often attacks me with thoughts like "what if gravity didn't exist" and I like to talk about very theoritcal subjects like this, though it's it sometimes make me feel uncomfortable, I accept and I am willing to discuss that there is a possibility of no gravity and people who think this way usually fascinate me and I love to talk with them. I can think deeply about things like these, like what if the reality is something totally different, than what we see and if it is, then what is its meaning and true core? Where does this come from? Also when I take the cognitive functions test Ni is usually pretty high. But I admit though I tend to think about stuff like this, it often leave me feeling a bit scared out of how absured it can be.
    When it comes to INTj or ENTp it seem less correct, though I really like abstract theories I dislike working with cold logic, math, computers, I much more like humanistic theories, or phylosophy. I have a passion for ancient phylosophy when there is a concept of the wolrd explained, but it's not via numbers and pure facts, but rather with that "what if" approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it helps, Logic, even Ti, doesn't have to be cold.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is I still have a problem with is, that ENFPs both in socionics and MBTI are described are that happy, positive, well liked and socially skilled people with many friends and hobbies... But I am more on that darker side of the spectrum, the things I like are not usually only unusual, but twisted into this dark death related topics. I adore people like Jim Morrison with his lyrics and poems about death and drugs, or Edgar Allan Poe who could wirte about the most unpleasant topics and scandalize them among people. I've never liked any other types or art, even the movies I watched are usually horrors, or thrillers because there's just something about the darker topics that deeply attracts me. And I am no extremly happy person also my emotional world is much more in that darker sides, I have problems with negativism, lots of melancholy and I am prone to depressions. Also I've never had many friends, during the school I was an outsider, I've never really fitted in any bigger groups, only when I am older I learned how to behave more "correctly" so people accept me, but I still have much better relationships with people that by others are considered strange, or have been rejected for some reason. So I am really not that very happy smiling person, though I usually stay positive when I interact with people. Maybe that's just me being 4?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE for sure

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    The thing is I still have a problem with is, that ENFPs both in socionics and MBTI are described are that happy, positive, well liked and socially skilled people with many friends and hobbies... But I am more on that darker side of the spectrum, the things I like are not usually only unusual, but twisted into this dark death related topics. I adore people like Jim Morrison with his lyrics and poems about death and drugs, or Edgar Allan Poe who could wirte about the most unpleasant topics and scandalize them among people. I've never liked any other types or art, even the movies I watched are usually horrors, or thrillers because there's just something about the darker topics that deeply attracts me. And I am no extremly happy person also my emotional world is much more in that darker sides, I have problems with negativism, lots of melancholy and I am prone to depressions. Also I've never had many friends, during the school I was an outsider, I've never really fitted in any bigger groups, only when I am older I learned how to behave more "correctly" so people accept me, but I still have much better relationships with people that by others are considered strange, or have been rejected for some reason. So I am really not that very happy smiling person, though I usually stay positive when I interact with people. Maybe that's just me being 4?
    IEEs are not all that social and happy I would say. I They are often described as the most shy of the extroverts. I listened to a lot of Doors growing up, never had a large social circle, am only exuberant and happy when I feel very comfortable with people, and can be very withdrawn and a loner at times. I very much think you are an IEE based on what you write here.

Oh, and abandon MBTI - it is terrible! Welcome!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    IEEs are not all that social and happy I would say. I They are often described as the most shy of the extroverts. I listened to a lot of Doors growing up, never had a large social circle, am only exuberant and happy when I feel very comfortable with people, and can be very withdrawn and a loner at times. I very much think you are an IEE based on what you write here.

Oh, and abandon MBTI - it is terrible! Welcome!
    I can totally relate to that! I can be withdrawn when I am with lots of strangers, or people that make me feel uncomfortable, but once I am with people, that can make me feel good and accepted me I can be very talkative.
    Hey great to find another Doors fan!

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFx
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Kim @SophiaDeep

Doors fan too.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    @Kim @SophiaDeep

Doors fan too.

And this happens to be my personal Doors favorite!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    And this happens to be my personal Doors favorite!
    Mine too! I often feel I was born too late. I would have made an excellent "flower child".

"If you're going to San Francisco
    Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
    If you're going to San Francisco
    You're gonna meet some gentle people there"

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I will appreciate any insights don't worry and express your opinions openly. Thank you for help

I very much like being creative mostly in artistic ways. I like to sing, play an instrument, write, act and I also like fashion, I like to create my own styles, combinations to express myself among others.
    Not type related.

I use art mostly to express my feelings, it's like a ventil for me and my emotions. Usually I am the best at arts where language and words are used, but I deeply sucked at any arts where I have to use my body, hands, or just do something physically as I am really very clumsy and have often troubles with controling my movements.
    Sensory type.

I very much like to challenge my mind to think. I am good at breaking problems into parts and getting into the core of ideas, or even people. When I learn I dislike just to memorize, I need to understand the meaning of a subject to learn. I usually break down the problem to create my own new order in which I can understand the theory and look at it from my own angle. I like to recreate statements of theories with my own mind to bring up the message and the general meaning of it. I like to analyze. What is a huge problem for me are immidiate reactions, where I have to think really quickly, count, decide and I am pushed to one way decision. I am usually terrible at this...I am also not very good with metric systems and too strict and concrete logic, that doesn't allow my own explanations.
    Seems like Te Polr Ti activity or even Ti base.

I've been told many times, that I have very good people instincts and I naturally understand people's needs. I also was told that I am very empathetic and can easily imagine myself in other people's situations. Sometimes I do that to the point I can get easily overwhelmed by them and that often creates an inner tension, or even anxiety inside of myself. I really have good eye on people, I like to get inside of them to understand why they do things they do. I want to know what is hidden by an actions. But I am a terrible care taker...as many times I've been told I am empathic that many times I've been told I am self absorbed and egotistical. And that's true...I put my needs infront of others and usually accept people will retreat. I am can be very dominant when it comes to assert my opinions. Generally I try to be nice to people, but I like to keep some distance from them...I am critical and have high ideals for others, but that comes to contrast with my need for being accepted. There's nothing more I hate than a feel of rejection, but I would never change myself just to make someone like me.

I am very skeptical about the opinions of general population and making my own opinions, be an independent thinker is very important for me. I am usually skeptical and cynical when it comes to beliefs and opinions of mainstream population and usually look for more alternative ideas.

My big problem is that I am extremely sensitive and let my feelings to overwhelm me easily. I can cry easily, but I usually play it "tough" in front of others and I dislike to express my feelings much.

So any ideas?
    SEI confirm and final you describe a process within yourself. That makes you Ip temperament and dynamic.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Not type related.

Sensory type.

SEI confirm and final you describe a process within yourself. That makes you Ip temperament and dynamic.
    Nah gurl, you trippen

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Bloem View Post
    Nah gurl, you trippen

YWIMW

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'd say you're xNFp. Your ethics seem bendy. Your said yourself that you're egotistical and put your needs ahead of everyone else's and I don't like that vibe.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    I'd say you're xNFp. Your ethics seem bendy. Your said yourself that you're egotistical and put your needs ahead of everyone else's and I don't like that vibe.
    Narc wouldn't date you.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I very much like being creative mostly in artistic ways. I like to sing, play an instrument, write, act and I also like fashion, I like to create my own styles, combinations to express myself among others. I use art mostly to express my feelings, it's like a ventil for me and my emotions. Usually I am the best at arts where language and words are used, but I deeply sucked at any arts where I have to use my body, hands, or just do something physically as I am really very clumsy and have often troubles with controling my movements.

So any ideas?
    IEE-ENFp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \o/ it is so obvious! We are the coolest...everyone must love us.

Big5 rxUa|I| 6w7- 4 - 1 So/Sx
    = Fear is a cage where you locked yourself up. Courage & faith in yourself is the key to freedom. =
    = Shit happens. Realx and make the most of it. You can not control what is outside of yourself. =
    Alignment: Neutral Good-ish / Snarky-Needy Bastard

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    @Kim @SophiaDeep

Doors fan too.

Yes this song is awesome! My favorites are five to one and roadhause blues :-)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From these 2 I go for Fi valued over Fe :
    I really have good eye on people, I like to get inside of them to understand why they do things they do. I want to know what is hidden by an actions. (..).
    I can cry easily, but I usually play it "tough" in front of others and I dislike to express my feelings much.

You could be a more introverted subtype if you think you don't have a huge circle of friends and you're not always happy-go-lucky and thus don't confirm mbti clichés.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Not type related.

Sensory type.

Being a clumsy mover and terrible at acivities where I have to use my body, or hands are sensory things?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Oh you don't like the vibe

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Being a clumsy mover and terrible at acivities where I have to use my body, or hands are sensory things?
    Don't worry, when typing she sometimes expresses affection in paradoxes

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    From these 2 I go for Fi valued over Fe :
    I really have good eye on people, I like to get inside of them to understand why they do things they do. I want to know what is hidden by an actions. (..).
    I can cry easily, but I usually play it "tough" in front of others and I dislike to express my feelings much.

You could be a more introverted subtype if you think you don't have a huge circle of friends and you're not always happy-go-lucky and thus don't confirm mbti clichés.
    Yes I agree on Fi and I don' t really see myself as that extroverted I am pretty shy person

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@AshSun She's looking for her Socionics type, so she shouldn't have to worry about fulfilling or subverting MBTI cliches.

@SophiaDeep In Socionics, Introversion and Extroversion isn't a social thing. (Though I hear it's not supposed to be in MBTI either.) Extroverted IM elements focus on an object. Introverted IM elements focus on the connections between objects. If you are IEE (), you look inside the object (people, situations, ideas, etc) to see what it's capable of; being , you don't feel the need to limit those potential developments according to likelihood and would prefer not to. I, on the other hand am ESI (). I don't focus on objects (again, people, situations, ideas, etc). I look at how I feel about those objects, or how others feel about them. The information I perceive in "in-between", as it were. In Socionics, you do not have to be outgoing and sociable to be considered an extrovert. Nor do you have to be shy and reclusive to be an introvert.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post

@SophiaDeep In Socionics, Introversion and Extroversion isn't a social thing. (Though I hear it's not supposed to be in MBTI either.) Extroverted IM elements focus on an object. Introverted IM elements focus on the connections between objects. If you are IEE (), you look inside the object (people, situations, ideas, etc) to see what it's capable of; being , you don't feel the need to limit those potential developments according to likelihood and would prefer not to. I, on the other hand am ESI (). I don't focus on objects (again, people, situations, ideas, etc). I look at how I feel about those objects, or how others feel about them. The information I perceive in "in-between", as it were. In Socionics, you do not have to be outgoing and sociable to be considered an extrovert. Nor do you have to be shy and reclusive to be an introvert.
    Thanks that makes sense, so it's basicly about using introverted vs. extroverted function to deal with your enviroment. Yes in Mbti it's also about the function anyway I am typed as ENFP in MBTI too but it took me a lot of time to figure out wether I am INFP or ENFP. Though the main condition to type as an extrovert is using the extroverted fuction as dominant the extroverted function should indicate extroverted behavior and mostly need for external stimuly. I think person doesn' t have to show all extroverted characteristics to be an extrovert? I kind of think my usage of both Fi and Ne is developed on very similar level.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks that makes sense, so it's basicly about using introverted vs. extroverted function to deal with your enviroment.
    Not quite. Yes, we use our Ego functions to engage with the world, but the base (first) function is a perceptual filter; it colors how we look at the world. The creative (second) function is what we give to the world, though it is colored by our base function.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

it's not type related. for example i'm a graceful and coordinated dancer and runner
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    No.

I wouldn't say that running requires a great deal of coordination.
    It is when you have to strategies and maneuver around hundreds of runners without falling over
    It does and EII have forever been concerned with health and healthy activities. Most of these require good coordination. If a person has bad coordination and somehow finds it satisfying to have it tied with S or N for some reason, I don't know what odd description they are getting this from. In fact, one of the best ones: here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...NFj-by-Beskova explains otherwise.

"While most female INFjs do not enjoy sports, they are frequently drawn to dance in their youth. This occupation corresponds to their romantic, lyricist nature. They frequently give preference to ballroom or classical dances."

I've danced since I was 3 and have just about any, even form Modern dance which requires standing on one leg and twirling up in the air
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It's all about building your core strength and paying attention to your surroundings and not being in your head, which suggests that if you are in your head it only means (or gives further evidence) that you're an introvert.
    -

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you consider EIE?

You seem to be ethical and Ti-valuing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That quote and a couple other things stuck out to me as Fi-valuing over Fe-valuing as well, @SophiaDeep.

Haven't read too many of your posts in this thread to make a definitive guess on your type, but your type will come out soon enough. Just keep posting, and your natural thought process will continue to come out until your type becomes obvious.
    Yes the Fi seems right, thanks

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Haven't read too many of your posts in this thread to make a definitive guess on your type, but your type will come out soon enough. Just keep posting, and your natural thought process will continue to come out until your type becomes obvious.
    Yes, play in the sandbox for awhile.

"Romeo:
    Have not saints hips, and holy dances too?

Juliet:
    Ay, pilgrim, hips that they must use in dance.

Romeo:
    O, then, dear saint, let hips do what thighs do;
    They bounce, grant thou, lest dance turn to despair.

Juliet:
    Saints do not bounce, though grant for boogies' sake.

Romeo:
    Then bounce not, while my boogie's effect I take.
    Thus from my hips, by yours, my sin is purged.

Juliet:
    Then have my hips the sin that they have took.

Romeo:
    Sin from thy hips? O trespass sweetly urged!
    Give me my sin again.

Juliet:
    You bounce by the book.”

YWIMW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Did you consider EIE?

You seem to be ethical and Ti-valuing.
    Yes I did, but I don't see myself much in description of Fe...They seem to like involving people in activities, joke around, and creating the good atmosphere around seem to be the most important for them. Though I am very sensitive about atmosphere and people's emotions, I don't feel that social pressure to involve others, I am rather an individualists and I rather stay my own self, it's way more important for me, than to fit in an group, or to create a good atmosphere.

TIM
    ESE-Fe
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you on TypoC! Yeah you're probably delta NF.
    6w7-2w3-1w2 so/sx

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@SophiaDeep

why did you choose this name?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast