TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Self-diagnosis pitfalls

Self-diagnosis pitfalls

Even with my in-depth dichotomy descriptions there is a chance for error. When people self-diagnose themselves, they go by what they think about themselves (their self-concept), which is not always completely in line with reality. In fact, sometimes self-concept can be grossly inaccurate. This seems to occur as a result of difficult family relationships or other traumatic experiences that forced one to develop compensatory behavior styles as opposed to developing his or her real strengths.

Even in the absence of traumatic experiences, self-concept is influenced by one's idols and by family values: is it "better" to be logical or ethical? extraverted or introverted? What are your role models like? Such desired traits influence self-diagnosis as well. People who diagnose their type on their own almost never reach unexpected conclusions!! This is one of the difficulties of psychological testing, and it is socionists' job to come up with tests and descriptions that minimize the influence of people's self-concept to the greatest possible degree.

Ideally, one should have contact with experienced socionists who can give qualified type diagnoses. Next, one should gain experience interacting with people whose types have been determined accurately to get a feel for intertype relations. It can be especially enlightening to get to know people of your own type. It is hard to understand socionics in isolation with only a bunch of texts to go by.
    I need help you guys, I've been obsessing about socionics for almost 3 years now. I have self-diagnose many types and I think I won't ever be sure of my self-diagnose for real unless I get help.

I will do whatever you guys want: videos, tiny chat interviews, tests..

Here is the list of the types I thought I was in chronological order:

First test ever: LII for a while
    Then SLI for a short time
    Then ILE for a while
    Then EIE for a short time
    Then ILI for a short time
    Then IEE for a while
    Then SLE for a short time
    Then IEE again
    Then ILE again
    And now I believe i'm EIE again.

And I just made this test, taking my time, and got SEE, then SLI.
    http://esocionika.com/index.php?page=test

So yeah, no more self typing for me. Its all about you guys now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone come and help please.

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp probably
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destroypuppy View Post
    Still, I wonder what you think your type might be, and for what reasons?

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you give a shit? How do you think knowing your "socionics type" will improve your life? Have you considered how ridiculous it is to expect a bunch of strangers online to know you better than you know yourself?
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Take my quiz
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ate-your-input

*self promotion is the spice of life.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need help you guys, I've been obsessing about socionics for almost 3 years now. I have self-diagnose many types and I think I won't ever be sure of my self-diagnose for real unless I get help.

Then ILE for a while
    Then IEE for a while
    Then IEE again
    Then ILE again

My gut tells me you're IEE.

Self-typing is indeed possible, by the way. It just takes honesty and self-awareness. Do you "feel"? Do you find yourself saying "I like" and "I hate" on a frequent basis? Are you "serious" in your interactions with others? These are just some of the questions you can ask yourself in your search for truth.

The following are my definitions of the functions, along with some phrases that I associate with them. They might be of some use.

"Se" = "Explicit Object Statics"
    "shape, color, texture, length, width, height"

"Ne" = "Explicit Field Statics"
    "state of temperature, 'things together', 'full scene', 'whole impression', 'obvious structure'"

"Si" = "Implicit Field Dynamics"
    "change in temperature, 'effect on conditions', 'how conditions will change', what developments will occur"

"Ni" = "Implicit Object Dynamics"
    "'you're thinking this way', 'you will do this in the future', what an unseen thing does, 'you're doing this because of that'"

"Te" = "Explicit Object Dynamics"
    "what this does, what that does, 'I am doing this', 'I will do this', 'why don't you do this', 'it won't do this', 'because this does that'"

"Fe" = "Explicit Field Dynamics"
    "these things are happening, 'we are making these changes', 'these developments are occurring'"

"Ti" = "Implicit Field Statics"
    "'because it's against the rules', 'this state will result', 'because of an unseen truth', 'underlying structure'"

"Fi" = "Implicit Object Statics"
    "'this unit is this', 'this unit isn't this', 'this is true of this unit', 'that isn't true of this unit'"

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My advice to you is to ignore tests, and dichotomies. Focus on the functions, they are foundation Jung, MBTI, and Socionics. Also make sure you separate who people think you are, and who you want to be, from who you actually are..
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics:ILI (Ni-Fi)
    Enneagram Type: 5w4
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9 Heart-4
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid
    Jung's 12 Archetypes: Self-Sage, Ego-Hero, Soul-Rebel

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    SLI
    Perhaps

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Bloem View Post
    Perhaps
    here's where we collaborate....sometimes the type may display the dual's traits in a less capable way...these things are also what the dual pairs have in common

example: i am EII and to a lessor degree I brag about and demonstrate my preference for Te...that is I talk about how organized I like my surroundings ect and I observe actions of people but the weakness of my Te comes in where I don't judge their effectiveness instead I empathize with the person and excuse their actions under some reason
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's where we collaborate....sometimes the type may display the dual's traits in a less capable way...these things are also what the dual pairs have in common
    Indeed. Does his language seem to have a "deliberateness" or "economy" to it? Does it "make clear sense"?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Indeed. Does his language seem to have a "deliberateness" or "economy" to it? Does it "make clear sense"?
    i edited my post

ask what's going on in him and what's resulting
    -

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lessor is moar.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Lessor is moar.
    i am on ipain...i can't control this annoying thing
    -

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ipain

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol if you went through that many types - do you think it's more of an issue of you not being able to type yourself, or the entire theory being retarded?

It's like if a really brilliant and talented kid who has trouble in a public school system, is it the boy's fault- or is it the system that sucks? I'm gonna wager something is wrong with the SYSTEM - not something is wrong with the PERSON. That is just the humane thing to do.

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp probably
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    lol if you went through that many types - do you think it's more of an issue of you not being able to type yourself, or the entire theory being retarded?

It's like if a really brilliant and talented kid who has trouble in a public school system, is it the boy's fault- or is it the system that sucks? I'm gonna wager something is wrong with the SYSTEM - not something is wrong with the PERSON. That is just the humane thing to do.
    Well, it could also be that he doesn't understand the system well (despite being obsessed with it for 3 years). I mean, he seems to be going by test results mostly, which is kind of telling.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    It's like if a really brilliant and talented kid who has trouble in a public school system, is it the boy's fault- or is it the system that sucks? I'm gonna wager something is wrong with the SYSTEM - not something is wrong with the PERSON.
    It depends on the nature of the "trouble".

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I got a bunch of different personality tests to do, not only Socionics.
    I will post the results, I will also make 1 video a day for this, maybe while I do the tests, maybe just talk about my day.

I have red all the wiki socion and all the articles of this forum, some article multiple times .
    I'll talk about what I know about Socionics in the videos.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I will post the results, I will also make 1 video a day for this, maybe while I do the tests, maybe just talk about my day.

I have red all the wiki socion and all the articles of this forum, some article multiple times .
    I'll talk about what I know about Socionics in the videos.
    You just have to look at your behavior. It's obvious that you're very drawn in by your senses especially when you look at pretty women.
    -

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but I'm not superficial, I'm looking for the girl that got away, the girl with the same personality type as my ex.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She was a world of warcraft addict.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Then ILE for a while
    Then IEE for a while
    Then IEE again
    Then ILE again

if you went through so many types ...chances are you don't have strong Ti and you're an irrational. So i'll just go on a limb , cause I don't actually know much about you, and say IEE ...as it's the type of those who 've fallen into this pattern most ime.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    if you went through so many types ...chances are you don't have strong Ti and you're an irrational. So i'll just go on a limb , cause I don't actually know much about you, and say IEE ...as it's the type of those who 've fallen into this pattern most ime.
    How is Ti related to self-typing ability?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

...that test typed me ILI cause I'm a fan of calm witty conversations, I think morals are a concept of what is good and not an external system of coordinates to adjust behavior and I wouldn't run after a person slamming the door in a fight to "solve the problem". Just sayin.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would stop trying to find out what type you are. Hang out in Everything Goes and in the chat box without thinking about what type you are or what type you sound like. Everyone will figure out your type soon enough.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp probably
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    This sentence actually concerns me more than your type.

Why do you feel "obsessed" over getting your type correct? Take a step back. You are who you are in life. You have to have an identity outside of socionics.
    True, if he's been obsessed with it for so long, it might be a good idea to take a step back.

(Although, for all I know Destroypuppy likes being obsessed with it... Still, taking a step back would probably give you a better sense of perspective.)

Either way, I would not rely too much on test results to figure out your type. Even if they give you consistent results, the best way is through introspection and such. Which was why I was curious what the OP himself related to, 'cause it could show how much work he'd done.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EIE

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Talk to Ath if you're looking for tests. He's got some good ones. Those socionics tests only get at your political preferences. Answer options break down along a conservative-moderate-liberal spectrum. Those preferences influence the way that you see yourself and would act in different situations.
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 01-23-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE
    Then ILE for a while
    Then IEE for a while
    Then IEE again
    Then ILE again
    = EIE

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Se" = "Explicit Object Statics"
    "shape, color, texture, length, width, height"

"Ne" = "Explicit Field Statics"
    "state of temperature, 'things together', 'full scene', 'whole impression', 'obvious structure'"

"Si" = "Implicit Field Dynamics"
    "change in temperature, 'effect on conditions', 'how conditions will change', what developments will occur"

"Ni" = "Implicit Object Dynamics"
    "'you're thinking this way', 'you will do this in the future', what an unseen thing does, 'you're doing this because of that'"

"Te" = "Explicit Object Dynamics"
    "what this does, what that does, 'I am doing this', 'I will do this', 'why don't you do this', 'it won't do this', 'because this does that'"

"Fe" = "Explicit Field Dynamics"
    "these things are happening, 'we are making these changes', 'these developments are occurring'"

"Ti" = "Implicit Field Statics"
    "'because it's against the rules', 'this state will result', 'because of an unseen truth', 'underlying structure'"

"Fi" = "Implicit Object Statics"
    "'this unit is this', 'this unit isn't this', 'this is true of this unit', 'that isn't true of this unit'"
    very abstract stuff

Even in the absence of traumatic experiences, self-concept is influenced by one's idols and by family values: is it "better" to be logical or ethical? extraverted or introverted?
    Is it better? There is no better and even if I were ethical I couldn´t be logical. The same thing with Introversion-Extroversion.

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    This sentence actually concerns me more than your type.

Why do you feel "obsessed" over getting your type correct? Take a step back. You are who you are in life. You have to have an identity outside of socionics.
    you are so dumb, being obsessed with something doesn´t mean that this thing controls one´s life and you write as if one had a chance to change that feeling

shit Double post sorry

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My shot at VI before reading the thread was EIE. Not that you provided much information in the thread..

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hkkmr says im EIE

Its good enough for me.

Now how do I find LSI?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    It's funny that IEE and EIE have all the same dimension of functions.
    Ne 4d Ti 1d
    Ni 3d Fe 4d
    etc..

But I think that having 1d Ti is kinda of a superpower, I don't take risk with it, learn only from experience, do not care about the norms of it.

Its just that being EIE I want Ti, the IEE has a problem with it.
    I love it.

I've been obsessed with socionics for a while now, and the only way i'm gonna understand it, is if I can reconstruct it all with experience in my life, from my eyes.

I think I see types of people ever since I was young, socionics is giving me the vocabulary to classify those types.
    I just need a perfect typing process.

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First saw your pic i thought sli...then saw you typed yourself die and thought it might be plasuible..honestly, just post a couple pics of yourself(face) if you have any and ill be able to tell you

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea EIE seems right, the last picture looks rational

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    yea EIE seems right, the last picture looks rational
    I'll repeat the same question I asked Maritsa: how exactly does one "look rational", and why should I believe you? (I mean no offense, I just think it is an important question)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast