Thread: So it begins...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default So it begins...

I suppose the best thing for me to do would be to give a brief statement of my relations with each information element as I understand them.

: External Intuition supposedly deals with possibilities, and inter-relations between the essences of objects. I understand that it correlates well with creativity, and I can be VERY creative when given the opportunities. My interests in science fiction and fantasy may stem from my : it is exhilarating to add a new factor to the world such as time travel or alchemy and explore all the different ways it effects history. I generally care more about the essences of things than of things themselves. Whether for philosophy, for science, or for art, there is nothing that contributes to my efforts as much as .

: I remember reading textbooks on Aristotelian logic for fun in middle school. Why doesn't anyone else do this? There's always the danger of getting your premises in an argument or in a belief wrong, but is just such a joy to use! Everyone has scores of tested and untested opinions or suspicions in their heads, and nothing sorts them out quite like . I'm sorry about the vagueness of this, but if I submitted actual philosophical or political examples, that might cause needless argument.

: I am naturally melancholy, and when I encounter other people who know how to help my mood along, it immediately gives me a favorable impression of them. (One of my friends is actually quite inept with seeing how she affects the moods of others, and often generates further conflict by responding to mild mistakes from other people by becoming intensely cold and withdrawn, but I overlook this due to her moral fiber, interesting ideas, and generally compassionate nature.) Anyway, marks people who are quite good with moods, who know what jokes to make or what conversations to start in order to spread happiness. I can be pretty charming and fun when someone else starts the ball rolling, but on my own, it's quite difficult.

: I understand internal sensing poorly. Some people suggest that it's useful for creating pleasurable sensations like ASMR, others say it makes people stay healthy. My own reading suggests a common thread of "experience," keeping a good picture of what you've experienced in the past and looking for ways to make good experiences in the future. I might be wrong, though.

: Ick. I respect those who can use this, because nothing would ever get done without them, but boy am I clueless with it. The "real world" intimidates me at times. I never know how much effort to put into something. I'm kinda lazy, and find it difficult to motivate myself to tasks that require substantial mental or physical effort. My parents both have this in spades, and try to apply it to me whenever they think I need help with a problem. Results are mixed, and sometimes emotionally painful. Oddly enough, my mom identifies as a MBTI ISFJ, which should have as a dominant function. Have I mixed the two up?

: The funny thing is, most of the information so far suggests I'm an ILE, which should make this my PolR. However, summaries of this function suggests it contributes to the moral compass, and I think I consistently try to be a good person. Most of my relational mistakes come with failure to judge what other people would prefer in a situation. For example, giving gifts. If I do not know what someone wants for a gift, I will give them either nothing, or a gift card. Logically speaking, people would want gifts that would be things they would normally buy for themselves, right? If you give them a gift they don't care about, like a $50 horsehair Q-tip, they'll feel insulted at how little you understand them, and would be happier if you gave them nothing at all, or cash. Right?
    Oddly enough, every conversation I have with other people about this suggests that this is not at all how other people feel. I want to be nice to others, but how am I supposed to know what steps being nice requires?

: Data. Trivia. Efficiency. My brain is good at these things, but honestly, I don't care about them. I notice mistakes here, and they bug me, but this is engineer logic, not "fun" logic.

: I know this has something to do with time and changes. I'm good at observing those things, and grasping them. What I don't know is why this would be an entire information element on its own.

Well, that's all I've got for now. I'm likely an alpha NT. I might try to figure out my enneagram type in the future, but for now, this is what I've got.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InAFishbowl View Post
    I suppose the best thing for me to do would be to give a brief statement of my relations with each information element as I understand them.

: External Intuition supposedly deals with possibilities, and inter-relations between the essences of objects. I understand that it correlates well with creativity, and I can be VERY creative when given the opportunities. My interests in science fiction and fantasy may stem from my : it is exhilarating to add a new factor to the world such as time travel or alchemy and explore all the different ways it effects history. I generally care more about the essences of things than of things themselves. Whether for philosophy, for science, or for art, there is nothing that contributes to my efforts as much as .

: I remember reading textbooks on Aristotelian logic for fun in middle school. Why doesn't anyone else do this? There's always the danger of getting your premises in an argument or in a belief wrong, but is just such a joy to use! Everyone has scores of tested and untested opinions or suspicions in their heads, and nothing sorts them out quite like . I'm sorry about the vagueness of this, but if I submitted actual philosophical or political examples, that might cause needless argument.

: I am naturally melancholy, and when I encounter other people who know how to help my mood along, it immediately gives me a favorable impression of them. (One of my friends is actually quite inept with seeing how she affects the moods of others, and often generates further conflict by responding to mild mistakes from other people by becoming intensely cold and withdrawn, but I overlook this due to her moral fiber, interesting ideas, and generally compassionate nature.) Anyway, marks people who are quite good with moods, who know what jokes to make or what conversations to start in order to spread happiness. I can be pretty charming and fun when someone else starts the ball rolling, but on my own, it's quite difficult.

: I understand internal sensing poorly. Some people suggest that it's useful for creating pleasurable sensations like ASMR, others say it makes people stay healthy. My own reading suggests a common thread of "experience," keeping a good picture of what you've experienced in the past and looking for ways to make good experiences in the future. I might be wrong, though.

: Ick. I respect those who can use this, because nothing would ever get done without them, but boy am I clueless with it. The "real world" intimidates me at times. I never know how much effort to put into something. I'm kinda lazy, and find it difficult to motivate myself to tasks that require substantial mental or physical effort. My parents both have this in spades, and try to apply it to me whenever they think I need help with a problem. Results are mixed, and sometimes emotionally painful. Oddly enough, my mom identifies as a MBTI ISFJ, which should have as a dominant function. Have I mixed the two up?

: The funny thing is, most of the information so far suggests I'm an ILE, which should make this my PolR. However, summaries of this function suggests it contributes to the moral compass, and I think I consistently try to be a good person. Most of my relational mistakes come with failure to judge what other people would prefer in a situation. For example, giving gifts. If I do not know what someone wants for a gift, I will give them either nothing, or a gift card. Logically speaking, people would want gifts that would be things they would normally buy for themselves, right? If you give them a gift they don't care about, like a $50 horsehair Q-tip, they'll feel insulted at how little you understand them, and would be happier if you gave them nothing at all, or cash. Right?
    Oddly enough, every conversation I have with other people about this suggests that this is not at all how other people feel. I want to be nice to others, but how am I supposed to know what steps being nice requires?

: Data. Trivia. Efficiency. My brain is good at these things, but honestly, I don't care about them. I notice mistakes here, and they bug me, but this is engineer logic, not "fun" logic.

: I know this has something to do with time and changes. I'm good at observing those things, and grasping them. What I don't know is why this would be an entire information element on its own.

Well, that's all I've got for now. I'm likely an alpha NT. I might try to figure out my enneagram type in the future, but for now, this is what I've got.
    nah brah

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

is action
    is relations

I have in my ego block and I'm very conventional. is not creativity. Any type can be or have creative aspects. These functional descriptions are terrible. Check out the link in my signature for better descriptions.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-21-2014 at 05:47 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    is action
    is relations

I have in my ego block and I'm very conventional. is not creativity. Any type can be or have creative aspects. These functional descriptions are terrible. Check out the link in my signature for better descriptions.
    Hi Marissa!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Bloem View Post
    Hi Marissa!
    Hi Johannes.

Thank you for the PM. What you said makes very good sense.

I would like to add that because Te is Explicit Object Dynamics lol my LSE friend, who is now getting a divorce from his wife, an SEE, was constantly being nagged at for being too controlling and being up in her butt about routine things. When she (the SEE) would call the billing company to discuss billing issues, the LSE, being concerned about the details of the process (as stated about Te in the blog I posted) asked her a ton of questions to get clarification which would always drive her insanely mad to the point where she would say "if you care so much, why don't you call them yourself." Now had it been me. I would have gotten all the stuff, questions, and concerns ready then would I have called the billing company unlike the SEE who asks a few questions shy and backs down. I compliment my pedantic dual quite well, wouldn't you say? In my work, I'm more thorough than an LSE is...puts them in sham and kinda puts their tail in between their legs and makes them walk away not being able to say a damn thing
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-21-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa,

I have taken a look at your link, and am somewhat confused. Ti and Te make a good deal of sense, but this is the first time I have seen any correlation between Fe and identification of other peoples' motives. The descriptions of Ne and Ni are quite brief. Are there other good sources you know of for finding out about the information elements? Most of what I found in the last few months suggests that Fe is something else entirely.

Is wikisocion generally considered a good source for socionics information?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InAFishbowl View Post

lol. Picture Ne much more focused and interested more in people's subjective perception than the world around on the whole.
    Last edited by Amber; 01-21-2014 at 07:08 PM.