Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 42

Thread: Are there any decent SEE males in the world?

  1. #1
    Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Are there any decent SEE males in the world?

    This thread is the SEE counterpart to the IEI thread in the Beta forum.

    Many of the characteristics I've read from the OP seem to have easy analogies to another type in the Gamma quadra, the SEE. Most of the time, the SEEs I've known and befriended have been fair weather friends and shown over time that they didn't really take my time or friendship seriously. I've noticed a strong tendency for this type to ingratiate others if they feel there's something that will benefit them in the process. In addition, there's also the "I don't really like this person, but I'll do it for the money" aspect that I think most of the exemplars of this type share. Most of the ones I've known have been pretty great manipulators who would be glad to fake a friendship or relationship with you, laughing behind your back or even smirking to your face when they see you've fallen for some confidence trick of theirs. I've concluded that there aren't any decent SEEs in the world, male or female, but others are free to discuss or disagree with this statement.

  2. #2
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    @woofwoofl is pretty awesome! @dolphin too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  3. #3
    dugga dugga dun Narc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,288
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    @woofwoofl is pretty awesome! @dolphin too.
    I think Dolphin is actually female.

  4. #4
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    I think Dolphin is actually female.
    I like to pretend she's male so we can get married and have amazing aquatic babies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  5. #5
    killer wolf lemontrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    emotionz
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Only have known SEE females, but I have to say that just from (very limited) experience they can be pretty loyal.

    I also wonder if the semi-dual thing can instill this extra kind of distrust when you're ethical creatives (playing off of how ethicals can kind of distrust each other's brand of ethics to begin with.)

  6. #6
    The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California, US
    TIM
    Te-ILI, 5w6 Sp/Sx
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I "love" how you generalize and stereotype condemning an entire group for the actions and choices of a few. And how you seek to pass judgment those who different from you, without first attempting to understanding there views, values or intentions . Its as if do not have the capacity to understand anyone who has opposing perspective.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics: Te-ILI
    Enneagram Type: 5w6
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9, Heart-3
    Instinctal Stacking: Sp/Sx
    Jung's 7 Archetypes: The Rebel/The Revolutionary/The Provocateur
    Political Position: Independent
    Prefered Ecomonic Structure: Pure Capitalism
    Religious and Spiritual Stance: Theosophy/Occultism
    Government Structural Preference: Meritocratic Republic

  7. #7
    A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    TIM
    ill
    Posts
    3,055
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh for fucks sake.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

    Brought to you by socionix.com

  8. #8
    Idiot Iris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,001
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The most interesting man in the world @Scapegrace. Is this your dual?
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation
    .


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

  9. #9
    ഗന᎕ᒹ ±ᗉᚔXᙂഗ woofwoofl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Arizona
    TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Posts
    1,907
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fairly certain this is about me. I'll try to be civil.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    This thread is the SEE counterpart to the IEI thread in the Beta forum.
    Doubtful. What Ankh went through was far, far more severe than me trying my best to make sensible responses to nonsensical PMs you sent my way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Many of the characteristics I've read from the OP seem to have easy analogies to another type in the Gamma quadra, the SEE.
    Hi there. Congratulations, you got my attention!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Most of the time, the SEEs I've known and befriended have been fair weather friends and shown over time that they didn't really take my time or friendship seriously.
    I'm easy to find in the nights at http://tinychat.com/the17th and sometimes I'll throw a link in chat; when I do that, odds are I'll be in the room.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    I've noticed a strong tendency for this type to ingratiate others if they feel there's something that will benefit them in the process. In addition, there's also the "I don't really like this person, but I'll do it for the money" aspect that I think most of the exemplars of this type share.
    I like a hell of a lot of people in the world, and there's tons of admirable things about people that are a pain in the ass for me to deal with in a day-to-day manner. Being around anyone will benefit me in some way. Humanity's a rich place. My time, as I know it, is finite, at least in this body, so I'm gonna move it towards people who enjoy it and people who I enjoy. As far as money is concerned, most of my budget goes towards food, clothing, and musical equipment; the end objective of my purchases is to either do something good for the people within my range of influence, or to do something that'll make me live better; doing the second helps me do the first better. Despite a few indulgences on clothing, which I've reeled in greatly, I budget like a motherfucker and I make every last cent count for the best.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Most of the ones I've known have been pretty great manipulators who would be glad to fake a friendship or relationship with you, laughing behind your back or even smirking to your face when they see you've fallen for some confidence trick of theirs. I've concluded that there aren't any decent SEEs in the world, male or female, but others are free to discuss or disagree with this statement.
    And with the absolute lack of any proper nouns or any other specifics, you brought forth to us all a slick, polished, melodramatic brick of text that feels as if it were deliberately designed to piss me off without offering anything remotely resembling a path to a solution to fix whatever the hell it is that you're displeased about. I spent most of my "day off" catching up on rest, cleaning a 20 pound turkey that spent the night in the oven, helping my mom out with a painting project in the home, recording music, mixing music on a half-decade old $200 shitbox of a laptop that has to restart after every time I run Ardour (this time only to find that I was inconsistent on the double-track, effectively fucking the entire session), responding to a fellow musician and ex-bandmate in regards to an hour of previously recorded material, cooking various foods, spending time in a TinyChat room that I linked to that you were more than welcome to show up in but you didn't, retuning my drumkit, doing other various things for people I care about, washing clothes after the turkey grease hit my shirt, reading Kurt Cobain's journals to help solidify a future post I have brewing about him being E5 and arranging a comprehensive and expansive post in my head, writing more music, modding new members in TinyChat the17th, making future plans over the course of the next few days and weeks, and I'm still probably leaving a hell of a lot out. This is the last time I ever waste my time on your bullshit.

  10. #10
    take a second of me sarinana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From my experience SEEs have been worse than IEIs. They like to sweeten things up and lie often. Also very materialistic and can be quite superficial. Extremely defensive of their private lives to the point of paranoia. One of them just bought tickets to Thailand thinking it is going to make her find a "spiritual path" But that's just the crazy ones I had a "privilege" to meet. Obviously there are decent ones out there, the problem is that the crazy people, or those who have wronged us out are more likely to get stuck in our memories than somebody who's behavior is ordinary. Something to think about...
    Sincerely Yours,

    Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

    The Rebel without a cause.

  11. #11
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    From my experience SEEs have been worse than IEIs.
    I think the fact that SEEs tend to be around other people more often than IEIs might be partially responsible for that, along with external leading function...
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  12. #12
    Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Fairly certain this is about me. I'll try to be civil.



    Doubtful. What Ankh went through was far, far more severe than me trying my best to make sensible responses to nonsensical PMs you sent my way.



    Hi there. Congratulations, you got my attention!



    I'm easy to find in the nights at http://tinychat.com/the17th and sometimes I'll throw a link in chat; when I do that, odds are I'll be in the room.



    I like a hell of a lot of people in the world, and there's tons of admirable things about people that are a pain in the ass for me to deal with in a day-to-day manner. Being around anyone will benefit me in some way. Humanity's a rich place. My time, as I know it, is finite, at least in this body, so I'm gonna move it towards people who enjoy it and people who I enjoy. As far as money is concerned, most of my budget goes towards food, clothing, and musical equipment; the end objective of my purchases is to either do something good for the people within my range of influence, or to do something that'll make me live better; doing the second helps me do the first better. Despite a few indulgences on clothing, which I've reeled in greatly, I budget like a motherfucker and I make every last cent count for the best.



    And with the absolute lack of any proper nouns or any other specifics, you brought forth to us all a slick, polished, melodramatic brick of text that feels as if it were deliberately designed to piss me off without offering anything remotely resembling a path to a solution to fix whatever the hell it is that you're displeased about. I spent most of my "day off" catching up on rest, cleaning a 20 pound turkey that spent the night in the oven, helping my mom out with a painting project in the home, recording music, mixing music on a half-decade old $200 shitbox of a laptop that has to restart after every time I run Ardour (this time only to find that I was inconsistent on the double-track, effectively fucking the entire session), responding to a fellow musician and ex-bandmate in regards to an hour of previously recorded material, cooking various foods, spending time in a TinyChat room that I linked to that you were more than welcome to show up in but you didn't, retuning my drumkit, doing other various things for people I care about, washing clothes after the turkey grease hit my shirt, reading Kurt Cobain's journals to help solidify a future post I have brewing about him being E5 and arranging a comprehensive and expansive post in my head, writing more music, modding new members in TinyChat the17th, making future plans over the course of the next few days and weeks, and I'm still probably leaving a hell of a lot out. This is the last time I ever waste my time on your bullshit.
    This isn't all about you, really, woofl. I wouldn't make a thread seemingly condemning an entire type without a long history of experience with quite a few examples and negative experiences to draw from. I can't really show up in that chat at the moment. I don't have a computer or Internet access at home right now. Just a smart phone. And before you jump on that, I'm not blaming you for that.


    I think the ultimate motivation for my posts like this is that I'm lonely, and ESFps have often treated me like we're best friends and then dropped me or gone off to who knows wherever they go. I wish they'd never been nice to me if they didn't intend on it being a continual behavior. Aside from that, there have been some who have been real dicks and manipulative. I've gotten better at spotting it over the years. Testing someone's reaction to a good dose of inordinate honesty seems to work well. Other types have been dicks of course, but Fi creatives often take the cake for false promises and buddy buddy behavior that isn't followed up on. I've known at least one other person who has taken issue with this kind of thing. I guess the essential point is, "Why act like a friend if you don't intend on being one?" If you don't have the time, it's not a problem. Just don't act like we're closer than we really are.

    Fi creatives are often in addition one of the least capable types of plain old honesty, and instead smile and affirm when they really think something different. I'd rather have someone disagree with me up front, though still respectfully, than have someone who always lies to me just to preserve some positive feeling. In the end, it just creates an illusion that ends up shattering at some point.

    This is probably one of the biggest reasons why people have criticized me for not opening up too quickly over the years. If I don't intend on being someone's friend for the rest of my life, there are certain things I'm not going to pretend, certain ways I'm not going to be nice, just to show that I'm not going to get attached to them, out of respect for their emotions. I don't open up to someone if I don't intend on staying that way for a long time.

    You're right in saying that Ankh's example was worse. And my thread wasn't meant to cheapen hers. Dude needs to get bitch slapped or possibly run over by a MACK.

    Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    From my experience SEEs have been worse than IEIs. They like to sweeten things up and lie often. Also very materialistic and can be quite superficial. Extremely defensive of their private lives to the point of paranoia. One of them just bought tickets to Thailand thinking it is going to make her find a "spiritual path" But that's just the crazy ones I had a "privilege" to meet. Obviously there are decent ones out there, the problem is that the crazy people, or those who have wronged us out are more likely to get stuck in our memories than somebody who's behavior is ordinary. Something to think about...
    You're absolutely right sarinana. I've thought about this before. Even people who have been somewhat good toward me often have their behavior overlooked compared to ones who have wronged me in some way. Glad I'm not crazy and not the only one this happens to.

    In regard to the paranoia, I've noticed Gamma Ps often have snap reactions to perceived injuries to privacy which to me often seems unnecessary. That's their choice though. The funny adjunct to this is that they'll often publicly decry other people and name names at the same time. It's ironic.
    Last edited by Eldanen; 01-19-2014 at 10:32 AM.

  13. #13
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
    Yes, SEEs can be pretty bad. A lot of sexual cheating, lies and somehow socially manipulation themselves into position again, leaving their victim both ruined from the experience and from the social embarrassement, that the SEE somehow manages to place on their victim. They are socially very manipulative, and will easily get on top if they need to.

    I have a female SEE neighbor who harshly and publicly judged another friend for divorcing her sick husband, even if the relationship was over long time before the guy got sick, and the divorce was already planned. At the same time, she herself had sex with the childhood friend of her own husband. And when that got publicly known, she somehow made her (ex)husband look like the bad guy.

    At the same time, I have a SEE-Fi E6 brother, who is a really, really good guy, though still a sex monster... (He talks to me about how he wants sex all the time, and asked me if there's any hope he can talk his ESI gf into either having more sex or let him have other partners. I said no, lol. And he doesn't cheat.) He's also very honest and hard working and pretty much the way the perfect guy is depicted in American teen movies. Hot, tough, sensitive, muscular, polite, gentleman, sporty, etc. Not my type of guy, but I'd hate to see him hurt. He's one of the good guys, for sure. Very protective, very emotionally involved, very caring.

    I know another SEE-ESI relationship where the SEE is the exact same type as my brother, just sx/sp instead of sp/sx, and he's total scum. Steals his ESI gf money, so her kids are w/o real food for long, manipulates her into staying with him by building air castle promises and psychologically abusing her non stop. He cheats, lies and is a rotten person. I told the ESI to drop him, ofc, and now she comes to me to talk shit about him, but she hasn't left him, so imo she's partly responsible for what he does to her. I avoid her.

    I guess the morality is that ethicals aren't necessarily ethical, but that some are good, and that we may make mistakes, but if you smell shit once, then leave. No more chances than one to prove you are not shit. And no time to waste on shit.

    The moral is that a Fi or Fe ego doesn´t make you moral. However a firm set of notions about that is more likely to be found in Fi base.
    as a creative (2nd) function (SEE and IEE)

    The individual is very adept at perceiving, establishing, and maintaining personal bonds between people. However, these bonds are often perceived as being situational and flexible rather than static. The individual is inclined to focus on establishing personal bonds with other people in the context of realizing or following perceptions from his base function.
    The person easily creates a sense of closeness and kinship between people by expressing like and acceptance, but these sentiments are situational rather than an expression of permanent feelings. If the person's mood or external situation changes, he or she may "turn off" the feelings instantly, even forgetting whom they had created the feeling of kinship with.

  14. #14
    The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California, US
    TIM
    Te-ILI, 5w6 Sp/Sx
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OMFG...Stop with this victim bullsh*t. Stop acting like you don't have part in your relationships; YOU chose to engage in a relationship with said person, YOU chose to trust that person, YOU chose to be friends, YOU chose to get married, YOU chose to have kids, and YOU chose this person. "It takes two to tango"... there at least two sides to these stories. It may not be all your fault, but you played a role in it. Instead of sitting around casing blame; spend that time on reflecting on what you did wrong, how your going resolve the issue and how your going to prevent it from ever happening again.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics: Te-ILI
    Enneagram Type: 5w6
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9, Heart-3
    Instinctal Stacking: Sp/Sx
    Jung's 7 Archetypes: The Rebel/The Revolutionary/The Provocateur
    Political Position: Independent
    Prefered Ecomonic Structure: Pure Capitalism
    Religious and Spiritual Stance: Theosophy/Occultism
    Government Structural Preference: Meritocratic Republic

  15. #15
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    OMFG...Stop with this victim bullsh*t. Stop acting like you don't have part in your relationships; YOU chose to engage in a relationship with said person, YOU chose to trust that person, YOU chose to be friends, YOU chose to get married, YOU chose to have kids, and YOU chose this person. "It takes two to tango"... there at least two sides to these stories. It may not be all your fault, but you played a role in it. Instead of sitting around casing blame; spend that time on reflecting on what you did wrong, how your going resolve the issue and how your going to prevent it from ever happening again.

    ^^^^^^ wtf is this, who is it addressed to and how come the same very wise ideas were not posted in the Beta or Alpha quadra in the discussions from a while ago

  16. #16
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No, they are always indecently nekkid.

  17. #17
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have an SEE uncle who's a very decent fellow. I also knew an SEE in high school who took friendships seriously, though he tended toward crude topics.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  18. #18
    Marshmallow Foru-m chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    At the
    TIM
    Puca
    Posts
    1,458
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    From my experience SEEs have been worse than IEIs. They like to sweeten things up and lie often. Also very materialistic and can be quite superficial. Extremely defensive of their private lives to the point of paranoia. One of them just bought tickets to Thailand thinking it is going to make her find a "spiritual path" But that's just the crazy ones I had a "privilege" to meet. Obviously there are decent ones out there, the problem is that the crazy people, or those who have wronged us out are more likely to get stuck in our memories than somebody who's behavior is ordinary. Something to think about...
    I wonder why ...

    Amber casts infinity of shadows, and my Avalon had cast many of its own, because of my presence there. I might be known on many earths that I had never trod, for shadows of myself had walked them, mimicking imperfectly my deeds and my thoughts.

  19. #19
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know some SEEs who are / seem to be extremely attracted to social prestige and easy money(*). Those, IME, tend to somehow behave like you describe, even though they will generally always try to at least emotionally support you if you have any kind of trouble. My impression is that they simply compute the expected monetary/social return to being your friend, and when this return plummets, they will consider their "time investment" not really worth it. If you start out being socially not that powerful, they might even openly scorn you / emotionally "kick" you saying you're worthless etc.
    I know other SEEs who don't seem to have the above described values and they're...normal people, with their quirks, their ability to be the life of the party and great friends but also their tendency to waste money away, the tendency to be easily offended - which however normally makes them tactful etc.

    (*) everybody is attracted to money and social prestige, but for some people they're primary life goals.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  20. #20
    "Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Posts
    918
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with OP. SEE are the biggest hypocrites and scheme the most out of all the other types. The manipulate and are pretty much conman who will fake/lie in your face but talk shit behind your back.

    But they're cool, they're friends...but more rivals than friends. But im still cool with them. With Fi and my Ti there is sometimes a disconnect, but we can relate on Se. I don't want to call them stupid, which they aren't..they can be dumb, but its more like they just memorize facts and knowledge that they hear from the people they interact with and don't really understand it, but try to come off like that know what they are talking about. I find that I have to keep conversation on the surface and not go into detail because they'll lose interest because they probably feel stupid or like im trying to one up them with my intellect. They guys are like friends/rivals...but I like the girls more because im a guy, im attracted to them. The girls, just like the guys are fancy on the surface, but seem empty on the inside...but I see the lack of real volition and am not phased by their manipulation or when they try to dominate me, and kind of am protective of them (its like their little girls who are are lost inside or something)...just like I am of all women of all type..They're nice, but at the same time I have to be cautious of them because they're usually scheming or something.

    If it weren't for the scheming and manipulation that they do, which most people aren't even aware of and actually think the SEE is being friendly and end up liking them for it, I wouldn't have any problem with them. That's the only problem, other then that I like them.
    Last edited by Leader; 01-19-2014 at 11:05 PM.

  21. #21
    Idiot Iris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,001
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The wikisocion description doesn't capture a lot of good SEE qualities or their vulnerabilities. I have a SEE friend who likes having dependable friendships just as much as any other type, and I see how sad she is when somebody drops her. She is a very giving and loyal person, but sometimes people get tired of the lack of depth in her conversation. She grew up in a family of high achievers and stuck out like a sore thumb because she was average in school, so that Ti polr is a very sore area. She has confided to me that smart people make her feel inferior. Employers love her because she is extremely hard working and punctual and is beautiful and has a lot of charisma. She throws really fun parties and is great at accepting people as they are - not a snob. In fact, she is the first to defend the underdog in many situations.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation
    .


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

  22. #22
    The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California, US
    TIM
    Te-ILI, 5w6 Sp/Sx
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I know some SEEs who are / seem to be extremely attracted to social prestige and easy money(*). Those, IME, tend to somehow behave like you describe, even though they will generally always try to at least emotionally support you if you have any kind of trouble. My impression is that they simply compute the expected monetary/social return to being your friend, and when this return plummets, they will consider their "time investment" not really worth it. If you start out being socially not that powerful, they might even openly scorn you / emotionally "kick" you saying you're worthless etc.
    I know other SEEs who don't seem to have the above described values and they're...normal people, with their quirks, their ability to be the life of the party and great friends but also their tendency to waste money away, the tendency to be easily offended - which however normally makes them tactful etc.

    (*) everybody is attracted to money and social prestige, but for some people they're primary life goals.
    Have you forgotten how your own quadra works?

    Subdued elements

    Fe and Si
    Gamma types don't tend to form or maintain groups based on fun, emotional interaction, but only take groups seriously that perform some common productive activity or discuss serious topics.
    Last edited by Phantom Shadow; 01-20-2014 at 03:30 AM.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics: Te-ILI
    Enneagram Type: 5w6
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9, Heart-3
    Instinctal Stacking: Sp/Sx
    Jung's 7 Archetypes: The Rebel/The Revolutionary/The Provocateur
    Political Position: Independent
    Prefered Ecomonic Structure: Pure Capitalism
    Religious and Spiritual Stance: Theosophy/Occultism
    Government Structural Preference: Meritocratic Republic

  23. #23
    The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California, US
    TIM
    Te-ILI, 5w6 Sp/Sx
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    I agree with OP. SEE are the biggest hypocrites and scheme the most out of all the other types. The manipulate and are pretty much conman who will fake/lie in your face but talk shit behind your back.

    But they're cool, they're friends...but more rivals than friends. But im still cool with them. With Fi and my Ti there is sometimes a disconnect, but we can relate on Se. I don't want to call them stupid, which they aren't..they can be dumb, but its more like they just memorize facts and knowledge that they hear from the people they interact with and don't really understand it, but try to come off like that know what they are talking about. I find that I have to keep conversation on the surface and not go into detail because they'll lose interest because they probably feel stupid or like im trying to one up them with my intellect. They guys are like friends/rivals...but I like the girls more because im a guy, im attracted to them. The girls, just like the guys are fancy on the surface, but seem empty on the inside...but I see the lack of real volition and am not phased by their manipulation or when they try to dominate me, and kind of am protective of them (its like their little girls who are are lost inside or something)...just like I am of all women of all type..They're nice, but at the same time I have to be cautious of them because they're usually scheming or something.

    If it weren't for the scheming and manipulation that they do, which most people aren't even aware of and actually think the SEE is being friendly and end up liking them for it, I wouldn't have any problem with them. That's the only problem, other then that I like them.
    Of Course they SEEM dumb to you; your a Ti creative and they're Ti PoLR, you don't value there Te or Fi understanding of the world.

    Of Course they SEEM domineering to you; your both Se dominate. Your both trying to control the same aspect of reality in different ways Se Ti vs Se Fi.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics: Te-ILI
    Enneagram Type: 5w6
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9, Heart-3
    Instinctal Stacking: Sp/Sx
    Jung's 7 Archetypes: The Rebel/The Revolutionary/The Provocateur
    Political Position: Independent
    Prefered Ecomonic Structure: Pure Capitalism
    Religious and Spiritual Stance: Theosophy/Occultism
    Government Structural Preference: Meritocratic Republic

  24. #24
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,469
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have some experience with SEEs. Forthright about themselves is an understatement; you can read them like an open book.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  25. #25
    "Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Posts
    918
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow View Post
    Of Course they SEEM dumb to you; your a Ti creative and they're Ti PoLR, you don't value there Te or Fi understanding of the world.

    Of Course they SEEM domineering to you; your both Se dominate. Your both trying to control the same aspect of reality in different ways Se Ti vs Se Fi.
    Your're a dumbass. Watch your tone. I know this, when I say seem that's how they come across and sometimes that's how they actually are in reality. They aren't stupid people, they aren't slow, but they can be dumb in the sense that they don't thoroughly try to UNDERSTAND things because they don't care about Ti and they can be really superficial at times and are more likely to believe stupid shit. They dont have Ti to really ground them into reality. Shit I can be dumb when using my Se in the moment. Again, I said they can be domineering..all types can, but its usually Se types that try to impose their Se on mine because they feel intimidated by me, they try to test me, but it doesn't phase me and I do my own thing. I'm not bothered by them at all.

  26. #26
    The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California, US
    TIM
    Te-ILI, 5w6 Sp/Sx
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Your're a dumbass. Watch your tone. I know this, when I say seem that's how they come across and sometimes that's how they actually are in reality. They aren't stupid people, they aren't slow, but they can be dumb in the sense that they don't thoroughly try to UNDERSTAND things because they don't care about Ti and they can be really superficial at times and are more likely to believe stupid shit. They dont have Ti to really ground them into reality. Shit I can be dumb when using my Se in the moment. Again, I said they can be domineering..all types can, but its usually Se types that try to impose their Se on mine because they feel intimidated by me, they try to test me, but it doesn't phase me and I do my own thing. I'm not bothered by them at all.
    Name calling how childish.

    Tone!?! What tone? If you read my word with hostility and malice thats on you. I was emphasizing certain words to get a point across.

    Your personal perception of reality does not equal reality, nor does Ti. Your subjective personal understanding of the world is not true reality. Don't ever assume that everyone perceives anything the same way you do. And even if they did, don't assume they would interpret it the same way or come to the same conclusions.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics: Te-ILI
    Enneagram Type: 5w6
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9, Heart-3
    Instinctal Stacking: Sp/Sx
    Jung's 7 Archetypes: The Rebel/The Revolutionary/The Provocateur
    Political Position: Independent
    Prefered Ecomonic Structure: Pure Capitalism
    Religious and Spiritual Stance: Theosophy/Occultism
    Government Structural Preference: Meritocratic Republic

  27. #27
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow View Post
    Have you forgotten how your own quadra works?

    Subdued elements

    Fe and Si
    Gamma types don't tend to form or maintain groups based on fun, emotional interaction, but only take groups seriously that perform some common productive activity or discuss serious topics.
    I don't think that's true. That's just Expat's opinion.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  28. #28
    Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Your're a dumbass. Watch your tone. I know this, when I say seem that's how they come across and sometimes that's how they actually are in reality. They aren't stupid people, they aren't slow, but they can be dumb in the sense that they don't thoroughly try to UNDERSTAND things because they don't care about Ti and they can be really superficial at times and are more likely to believe stupid shit. They dont have Ti to really ground them into reality. Shit I can be dumb when using my Se in the moment. Again, I said they can be domineering..all types can, but its usually Se types that try to impose their Se on mine because they feel intimidated by me, they try to test me, but it doesn't phase me and I do my own thing. I'm not bothered by them at all.
    I've noticed that both the Te agenda types often seem like broken records when monologuing. After a while, I notice that their brains seem like automatic weapons. Very good at reciting facts but if you ask them to stop and think, they choke a bit. I've noticed that they tend to be quick readers, and I've actually been criticized before by a Te agenda for reading slowly. They do tend to have really fast minds. I can't stand listening to them sometimes because many of them will just go on and on about some subject. Even ESFps, who are supposed to have a short attention span, can go into this mode. I usually feel like stopping Te types sometimes and giving them a 10 words or less rule. Seriously. Get to the point. And don't repeat yourself a hundred times with varying shades of ambiguity. Another way to describe it is feeling like they are tracing a circle a thousand times without ever getting to the center. It's infuriating. Tape recorder brains, yeesh!

  29. #29
    dugga dugga dun Narc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,288
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sometimes they seem like friendlier ENTjs, but the creative ethics can cause interpersonal problems. I don't think they're that bad, but I tend not to rely on irrationals as a personal rule of thumb.

  30. #30
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,620
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm trying to think back on my experiences with SEEs and the only manipulation i remember is a friend who lied about having enough gas because she just didn't care about getting us stranded and thought it was funny, or asked to "borrow" clothes when she never intended on returning them. could be annoying but it was all pretty tangible and obvious stuff that she couldn't really deny if confronted about - compared to the shady, gaslighting, underhanded sort of manipulation i've encountered from other types it didn't bother me nearly as much. any disagreements ive had with any other SEEs its always been out in the open; ive never had one pretend to be my friend if they didn't feel it. so i don't think they are angels but i wouldn't characterize any issues ive had with them the way you did, as some kind of tricky manipulation thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    I have some experience with SEEs. Forthright about themselves is an understatement; you can read them like an open book.
    this, imo.

  31. #31
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have had very close friendships with (mostly female) SEEs over the course of my life and find them to be extremely accepting and drama-free. They are also loads of fun to hang out with because they are not only spontaneous and ready to go at any given time, but also very much immersed in the moment with regards to being in tune with their surroundings, which makes me feel connected somehow. I also never felt manipulated by an SEE.

    That being said, I think what might come across as unreliable or flaky is really mostly EP temperament coupled with an intense groundedness in the present. They have many friends and do lots of things and whatever they do in them moment is what they are focused on (including you). So when you actually have their attention, you HAVE their attention more than with most other types in my experience. They don't wander off in their minds or start spacing off. They will zero in on you and make you the protagonist of their physical surroundings. I don't know how to explain this really. They make me feel very comfortable and help me enjoy the presence. I love hanging out with them one-on-one or in very small close-knit groups for that reason because then I can have them sort of to myself. When there is a larger group, they do get distracted, but they still try. When you are not in their physical presence, you might have to make yourself known or remind them that you want to interact with them/need them. It is not their affection for you that changes, but their SeFi focus. The good news is that you can easily direct it back at you by just demanding their attention or by outright asking for their help. They like for people to be straightforward and blunt I think.

    It might be an intertype thing, but of all the types, SEEs are the best at making me feel at ease and accepted (probably partly because yes, they are an open book. There is never TMI with them ). I mean, there are 7 years worth of my SEE appreciation plastered all over this forum.
    Last edited by Kim; 01-20-2014 at 03:28 PM.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  32. #32
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    From my experience SEEs have been worse than IEIs. They like to sweeten things up and lie often. Also very materialistic and can be quite superficial. Extremely defensive of their private lives to the point of paranoia. One of them just bought tickets to Thailand thinking it is going to make her find a "spiritual path" But that's just the crazy ones I had a "privilege" to meet. Obviously there are decent ones out there, the problem is that the crazy people, or those who have wronged us out are more likely to get stuck in our memories than somebody who's behavior is ordinary. Something to think about...
    What's wrong with that?
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  33. #33
    The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California, US
    TIM
    Te-ILI, 5w6 Sp/Sx
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The problem with this thread:

    At most you met less than 1% of ESFp population.

    There a chance that you mistyped said people are blaming an uninvolved group.

    You may have just ran into worst members of that specific type.

    All these these traits and characteristics your pointing out may be exclusive to a specific demographic, generation, subgroup, subtype or subculture of that type.

    No type is perfect I could start bashing thread on any and every type.

    What is sitting here complaining and going to do to solve these problems?
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics: Te-ILI
    Enneagram Type: 5w6
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9, Heart-3
    Instinctal Stacking: Sp/Sx
    Jung's 7 Archetypes: The Rebel/The Revolutionary/The Provocateur
    Political Position: Independent
    Prefered Ecomonic Structure: Pure Capitalism
    Religious and Spiritual Stance: Theosophy/Occultism
    Government Structural Preference: Meritocratic Republic

  34. #34
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I find the quadra divides in this thread entirely fascinating. A lot of the things about how SEEs are supposedly fake and manipulative make me think of how I perceive IEIs (and EIEs). I honestly have never considered SEEs to be in the least manipulative or deceptive (even if I have met the occasional shady SEE). I have, however, often thought of IEIs as manipulative and *putting on a smiley front.*

    This thread really shows that it is a matter of how we perceive behavior rather than actual type-related behavioral patterns and motivations. Fi/Fe (with some Te/Ti divide thrown in there) divide, here you have it
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  35. #35
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow View Post
    OMFG...Stop with this victim bullsh*t. Stop acting like you don't have part in your relationships; YOU chose to engage in a relationship with said person, YOU chose to trust that person, YOU chose to be friends, YOU chose to get married, YOU chose to have kids, and YOU chose this person. "It takes two to tango"... there at least two sides to these stories. It may not be all your fault, but you played a role in it. Instead of sitting around casing blame; spend that time on reflecting on what you did wrong, how your going resolve the issue and how your going to prevent it from ever happening again.
    Well how do you explain a person who marries you after divorcing someone elsewhere and has a kid with her and never tells you about this, and is also simultaneously screwing around 3-5(probably more) other girls(all the while telling them lies) and having sex in the bathroom with random girls while doing drugs.

    Skips town eventually owing his male friends hundreds if not thousands of dollars. The only person I ever met who could pull this off was a SEE, they have some really good skills.

  36. #36
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow View Post
    The problem with this thread:
    Most people here are "experienced" and "skeptical". We all know the problems you listed (and any intelligent people can generally understand the limits of his-her own experience). So I do think your post was useless, and our posts are merely reflecting our experiences of some people we personally consider to be "SEEs". There is no scientific mark of wisdom to be earned.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  37. #37
    "Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Posts
    918
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow View Post
    Name calling how childish.

    Tone!?! What tone? If you read my word with hostility and malice thats on you. I was emphasizing certain words to get a point across.

    Your personal perception of reality does not equal reality, nor does Ti. Your subjective personal understanding of the world is not true reality. Don't ever assume that everyone perceives anything the same way you do. And even if they did, don't assume they would interpret it the same way or come to the same conclusions.
    There is hostility in your post, it might not be obvious, but its there. Obviously there is miscommunication, I see that you're not understanding what im saying and you think that im being biased, for the very fact that you clearly do not understand what I am saying. You just want to get your point across and start a fight.

    There is only one reality, but how people perceive it is different, yes. However some people are more closer to the truth than others, this is a fact. And who assumed that everyone perceives anything the same way I do? This is what YOU think, you're the one doing all the assuming.

  38. #38
    "Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Posts
    918
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I find the quadra divides in this thread entirely fascinating. A lot of the things about how SEEs are supposedly fake and manipulative make me think of how I perceive IEIs (and EIEs). I honestly have never considered SEEs to be in the least manipulative or deceptive (even if I have met the occasional shady SEE). I have, however, often thought of IEIs as manipulative and *putting on a smiley front.*

    This thread really shows that it is a matter of how we perceive behavior rather than actual type-related behavioral patterns and motivations. Fi/Fe (with some Te/Ti divide thrown in there) divide, here you have it
    Um...IEI and EIE are fake and manipulative. IEI are also naive idiots, and EIE are clowns. Forget quadra divides or whatever. Its obvious that Phantom is taking up for SEE because he/she is "ILI". Phantom wants to stand up for their dual because he/she feels as if they are being attacked. This isn't the case.

    Im just laying the facts down, im just being honest. And yes, SEE are open books, because (this is going to sound like im bashing them, I can't put it in other words) they dont have much going on inside, they're mostly appearances, showy. This is what their Se is, not "real" volition.

  39. #39
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Im just laying the facts down, im just being honest. And yes, SEE are open books, because (this is going to sound like im bashing them, I can't put it in other words) they dont have much going on inside, they're mostly appearances, showy. This is what their Se is, not "real" volition.
    Nonsense.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  40. #40
    "Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Posts
    918
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Okay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •