ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Eldanen)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Eldanen)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is a subjective, personal valuation of what one finds appealing and attractive. Love is a feeling of exultation or a sensation of quiet wholeness.
    What are your most important values?
    My most important values are having at least one person I care about, and having the physical, psychological, and emotional freedom to do what I want. I strongly value intellectual pursuits that are both artistic and technical in nature.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    In terms of religious belief, I am an atheist. I see no objective evidence for the existence of any gods, goddesses, or neuter deities. All the evidence I have ever heard about religion has amounted to hearsay and anecdotal evidence, or pseudo-scientific evidence from the likes of people who end up being found guilty of tax evasion and running degree mills.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Sometimes war is necessary if two parties disagree terminally on what should be done about a resource that cannot be shared. In many cases, it's simply an, "I want this, and you want this. But we can't both have it our way, so one of us has to go." Power is the ability to assert one's existence.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I have had long conversations about technology and about psychology. My interests include computers, programming, the occult (as art and psychology), visual and literary art, exploring (spelunking), and whatever random quirks cross my path.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    To some degree.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I really can't be bothered with daily chores. I usually forget about them.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    -
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    -
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I usually feel at home with a ragtag band of vagabonds, one special other, or by myself.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I have severe weaknesses in the are of trying to figure out what goes on with people sometimes. People are occasionally a mystery to me completely. It helps to have someone who can provide insight into the motivations and reasons for the behavior of people I don't know very well. It also helps to have someone around who can smoothe over misunderstandings. I can be an inadvertent ass sometimes and say stuff which I don't mean in a bad way, but which ends up causing people to say, "MOTHERFUCKER!!!" Yeah. That.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    -
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    -
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I always feel stuck in a rut. My life's goal is to get out of it.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I tend to get along with ESFps, ISTps, ENFps (sometimes), ISFjs, ENTjs, ENTps, ISFps, INFps, and ESTps.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I'm not sure yet. I would definitely like someone who is both psychologically and physically strong.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    -
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Depends on the context of the claim and whether I hold strong beliefs in that area or not. I don't give two shits about politics.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Stupidity. No, seriously. People are fucks who aren't interested in learning anything new. If people weren't so dogmatic about what goes on inside their troglodytic brains, maybe we could have some great discourse and advance the world.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    -
    How do you behave around strangers?
    Around strangers, I can be alternately solemn and withdrawn, and extremely inquisitive and animated. It just depends on who the person is and the context.

[I'll fill in the rest of this at some other time, as desire compels. I didn't realize that the questionnaire would result in a new thread on the forum, lol.]
    Last edited by Eldanen; 01-16-2014 at 11:34 PM.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lazy type.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    The lazy type.
    Yes. Quite. Also didn't have much time on the computer I was working on then.