Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Cultures and Societies that are Beta Quadra in outlook

If anyone has ideas about what societies would be close to Beta Quadra in outlook, values and "rules", do share. I'm thinking of Russia as mostly resembling Beta ST. And Italy/Spain/Portugal sharing a preference for Fe perhaps.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Balkan countries are definitely Beta ST.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a post about this a few years back. It detailed different countries and the archtypal socionics type they fit into as a whole. Russia was IEI.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    There was a post about this a few years back. It detailed different countries and the archtypal socionics type they fit into as a whole. Russia was IEI.
    Socionics.us offers some basic suggestions about Functions and countries. They give Ni to Russia, but I've heard people who lived there talk about a Se-like "aggressiveness" and focus on possessions. I only know Russian folks. The US was considered to be Te. And Fe went to many Catholic countries in their view ...to me it seems about right for Spain and Portugal. Italy looks more irrational, maybe Beta.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Italy's extremely Fi. There is very little shared sense of an "united country", coupled with a very big preference towards your own small community (hometown, home region, etc.). The kind of Italy I know (north-eastern Italy) is very much...ISFj, I would say, with a touch of ESFp in bigger cities.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Italy's extremely Fi. There is very little shared sense of an "united country", coupled with a very big preference towards your own small community (hometown, home region, etc.). The kind of Italy I know (north-eastern Italy) is very much...ISFj, I would say, with a touch of ESFp in bigger cities.
    I only know the norther part especially Liguria and Piemonte and Gamma SF fits the culture the most. South's probably different though.
    @Ankh italy, portugal and spain are very different. And the countries especially Italy and Spain are the contrary of centralized states. E.g Pais Vasco and Andalucia are as similar as Massachusett and Arkansas.
    Portugal is smaler though and Si-Base Probably SEI

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
    Russia is normally seen as IEI. I see Italy as SEE and Spain as IEE. Not sure about Portugal.

Turkey would be SLE E8, but not too healthy always, though definitely interesting. Read about Ataturk to get insight if u need. Germany is LSI.
    Spain would be alpha SF imo. Germany definitely LSE > LSI.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    Castilla y Leon and the Heartlands are Beta IMO

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    I think of Spain as Gamma SF not Alpha, they have a similar mentality as Italy with a lot of regional separatism.

South American countries, relatively youngish are more Alpha/Beta.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The USA seems to be ENFj where they'd kill to assure peace and prosperity while Germany is definitely their ISTj dual. But most certainly, the ESTp leader won't listen to the INTj one.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    The USA seems to be ENFj where they'd kill to assure peace and prosperity while Germany is definitely their ISTj dual. But most certainly, the ESTp leader won't listen to the INTj one.

a.k.a. I/O
    Personally, I think the culture driving the US is LIE*, for better or worse, but I agree with the last part of your statement.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/487514728403441699

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oes-viral.html

*In the 1800's, it was a culture based on having the freedom to go where there is more opportunity, judging people on the basis of their capabilities rather than their pedigree, and improving the world through innovation. Now, it is more about pursuing courses of action based on their financial return rather than on our values. Both times seems very LIE to me.

Even setting the "values" thing aside, I think it is a disaster that the financial sector has captured the political sector, but it is exactly what I would do if I could. Records show that politicians are very affordable, and investing in one gives a return of 10:1 to 1000:1 on your investment. Hard to beat, if you don't care about the collateral damage.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-12-2017 at 03:14 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some ideas, correct if necessary:

EIE

Austria
    Morocco
    Brazil?
    Jamaica

IEI

India
    Thailand
    Greece?
    Russia

LSI

Saudi-Arabia
    Germany
    North Korea
    Finland?

SLE

Sudan
    Qatar
    Turkey
    China

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    IEI

India
    Thailand
    Greece?
    Russia
    Greeks LOVE their Fe and Se. This is actually tame compared to those I went to as a child. lol

I can spot the Americans in the video pretty easily.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post

LSI

Saudi-Arabia
    Germany
    North Korea
    Finland?
    Would you say the following from clip below:
    When LSI loses it and meets SLI

I think ISTx.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Personally, I think the culture driving the US is LIE*, for better or worse, but I agree with the last part of your statement................
    In the long past, I would have said LIE but today, there are too many conspiracy theories, polarizations based on prejudice, bible/Koran/Talmud/etc. thumpers, and unrealistic expectations emanating from every orifice, and the almighty dollar no longer provides that drive. It's more about impressions than substance. The country is again going after weapons of mass destruction and will likely sacrifice more to the volcano - definitely EIE.......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Beta Quadra countries seem to be unusual. Most of them are in Eastern Europe.

Russia proper (i.e. former Rus), IEI
    Lithuania, LSI
    Greece, EIE
    Some parts of southern Spain (such as Andalusia), SLE

I do not agree with those who consider Germany or any Gulf States as promoting Beta values in their culture. The main reason is that the aforementioned countries repress their emotions, insist on social conformity and are driven by a very subjective sense of what is right.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I will list a few examples of hostile territory for Betas, as well. Do not attempt to mate in any of these places, for you are not hot there.

Germany - Delta SLIs seeking IEE sperm. Grumpy bitch x social justice warrior.
    New Zealand - Alpha SEIs seeking ILE sperm. Basic bitch x crazy nerd inventor.
    U.S.A. (Left Coast states only) - Gamma SEEs seeking sperm from ILIs. It almost goes without saying, but the more donors, the merrier.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 08-15-2017 at 02:03 AM.

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

African-American ghettos in the US South are definitely Beta. I've lived in them for the majority of my life.