Thread: Phase II is underway at iSocion!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Phase II is underway at iSocion!

iSocion LLC – Our Mission: “Social Self-Awareness”
    To provide our users the knowledge and benefits of Socionics theory and intertype relationships, on a global scale. Through our research and experimentation, we seek to provide validation of Socionics and further evolve its underlying psychology.

The iSocion Project – Launch: Phase I “Synchronicity”
    On June 6th, 2013 the iSocion Project was launched at www.isocion.com; this date was chosen as the end result of a random number and a daily countdown. However this day also happened to be the 52nd anniversary of the death of Dr. Carl Gustav Jung. Carl Jung is one of the three people upon whose work Socionics is based, and in 1952 he published his paper called, “Synchronicity: An A causal Connecting Principle.” Jung was known not to have believed in coincidences, and he postulated that some events were not the result of causality but instead were linked together by their meaning, or significance to each other.
    The initial phase of the iSocion Project included a typing algorithm for users to join the site. This algorithm utilized and evaluated the reliability of Jungian dichotomies as a basis for determining one’s Sociotype. The typing calculator that was created for new users joining the site was coded as both an adaptive and intelligent (learning) algorithm. To date, these two features have never been turned on, which brings us to…

The iSocion Project
    – Phase II “Anyone, Everyone, All of Us…”
    Features:
    Site content updates that repair minor bug issues.
    Posting to iSocion.com connected users.
    Phase II testing module that is embedded in our user interface. Answer at your own pace. As information sets become complete, the data is handed to our research team for evaluation.
    Phase II testing parameters include: Temperament and group behavior (especially Clubs and Quadras, etc.), Information Metabolism Elements, and Cognitive styles.
    Phase II methods will give far greater accuracy to our iSocion users’ type results. These factors represent, with the Jungian dichotomies from phase I, the bulk of “Classical Socionics.” In addition to this increased reliability of Sociotype, an entirely new set of descriptions have been generated that to date have not yet been available to our users on iSocion.com, such as Form of Cognition descriptions, Romance styles, Hidden Agenda, as well as descriptions of each Club and Quadra.

Phase II – Community Goal: Help us flip the magic switch on our calculator’s brain!!!
    We need a critical mass of users consisting of every Sociotype to serve as a meaningful baseline for the activation of our Adaptive/ Learning Algorithm. As soon as this specific algorithm becomes activated, our typing calculator will base its question selection on the unique answers/information that the user has specified. Also, since our algorithm has an intelligent, learning-driven quality to it, once it becomes fully activated, it will become more accurate and efficient with each new user that joins us. We estimate reaching this critical distribution number approximately at the 500 – 750th user mark. We can reach that milestone here in this phase of the project (with everyone’s help of course!!!).

The iSocion Project is now live in Phase II
    At: www.isocion.com

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@iSocion *looks at link* Where is the simple "register" button? I've no wish to give you access to my social media.

@kantripdj
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 01-15-2014 at 11:07 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Phase II is underway at iSocion!

iSocion LLC – Our Mission: “Social Self-Awareness”
    To provide our users the knowledge and benefits of Socionics theory and intertype relationships, on a global scale. Through our research and experimentation, we seek to provide validation of Socionics and further evolve its underlying psychology.

The iSocion Project
    – Launch: Phase I “Synchronicity”
    On June 6th, 2013 the iSocion Project was launched at www.isocion.com; this date was chosen as the end result of a random number and a daily countdown. However this day also happened to be the 52nd anniversary of the death of Dr. Carl Gustav Jung. Carl Jung is one of the three people upon whose work Socionics is based, and in 1952 he published his paper called, “Synchronicity: An A causal Connecting Principle.” Jung was known not to have believed in coincidences, and he postulated that some events were not the result of causality but instead were linked together by their meaning, or significance to each other.
    The initial phase of the iSocion Project included a typing algorithm for users to join the site. This algorithm utilized and evaluated the reliability of Jungian dichotomies as a basis for determining one’s Sociotype. The typing calculator that was created for new users joining the site was coded as both an adaptive and intelligent (learning) algorithm. To date, these two features have never been turned on, which brings us to…

The iSocion Project
    – Phase II “Anyone, Everyone, All of Us…”
    Features:
    Site content updates that repair minor bug issues.
    Posting to iSocion.com connected users.
    Phase II testing module that is embedded in our user interface. Answer at your own pace. As information sets become complete, the data is handed to our research team for evaluation.
    Phase II testing parameters include: Temperament and group behavior (especially Clubs and Quadras, etc.), Information Metabolism Elements, and Cognitive styles.
    Phase II methods will give far greater accuracy to our iSocion users’ type results. These factors represent, with the Jungian dichotomies from phase I, the bulk of “Classical Socionics.” In addition to this increased reliability of Sociotype, an entirely new set of descriptions have been generated that to date have not yet been available to our users on iSocion.com, such as Form of Cognition descriptions, Romance styles, Hidden Agenda, as well as descriptions of each Club and Quadra.

Phase II – Community Goal: Help us flip the magic switch on our calculator’s brain!!!
    We need a critical mass of users consisting of every Sociotype to serve as a meaningful baseline for the activation of our Adaptive/ Learning Algorithm. As soon as this specific algorithm becomes activated, our typing calculator will base its question selection on the unique answers/information that the user has specified. Also, since our algorithm has an intelligent, learning-driven quality to it, once it becomes fully activated, it will become more accurate and efficient with each new user that joins us. We estimate reaching this critical distribution number approximately at the 500 – 750th user mark. We can reach that milestone here in this phase of the project (with everyone’s help of course!!!).

The iSocion Project is now live in Phase II
    At: www.isocion.com

Creepy-bg

oh. looks like it showed up, sign in with isocion. still. have too much socionics in my life as it is, from here.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgoat View Post
    oh. looks like it showed up, sign in with isocion. still. have too much socionics in my life as it is, from here.
    That only works if you're already registered with them.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If "iSocion" (very original name, by the way) involves self-typing in any capacity, it won't work.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Bloem View Post
    If "iSocion" (very original name, by the way) involves self-typing in any capacity, it won't work.
    This is true, but it sounds like they are going by their test results.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    This is true, but it sounds like they are going by their test results.
    Lol I need to learn to read. I still think it's going to fail, unless they're using my typing methodology and definitions.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Your registration doesn't work properly, at least on iPhone Safari. I'd rather sign up without providing my Facebook or Twitter for data mining.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, No. WE'RE ON TO YOU.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the most effective way to troll your website, iSocion?

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should be careful that you don't infringe on an Apple trademark.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The old saying goes that when people are filing lawsuits against you, you must be doing well. However our we have no reason to believe we are at risk for apple coming after us for our name. Always appreciate concern and friendly advice however.

"Mastery is achieved when telling time becomes telling time what to do."

Anyone, Everyone, All of Us...

The iSocion Project is now live in Phase II. Join the project at:

www.isocion.com

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We use login with facebook as a measure of dealing with spammers, unfortunately for the limits of our resources there is no better way for us at this time. We do not use self typing methods, our system is based on testing and developing the most intelligent and adaptive process based on experimentation and validation of Socionic theory. Not for nothing, by the way, but if you already give your information to Mark Zuckerberg do you really believe that it could be in the hands of an outfit more dangerous? Our intention is to further the development of socionics and to share this with as many people as possible. We understand and respect any who do not wish to join the project, but welcome and appreciate all those that do. We hope to see you, if not now, in time...

"Mastery is achieved when telling time becomes telling time what to do."

Anyone, Everyone, All of Us...

The iSocion Project is now live in Phase II. Join the project at:

www.isocion.com

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kantripdj View Post
    We use login with facebook as a measure of dealing with spammers, unfortunately for the limits of our resources there is no better way for us at this time.
    That is not a method I particularly care for, but I thank you for explaining yourself.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    9w1, sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually the sign up still doesn't work, even if you try with Facebook mining. I received an error message ("Requested JSON parse failed" - or something like that).

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olivetti View Post
    Actually the sign up still doesn't work, even if you try with Facebook mining. I received an error message ("Requested JSON parse failed" - or something like that).
    If he can't create a login method that works, how can we trust him to make an algorithm to determine Socionics type?

TIM
    9w1, sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    If he can't create a login method that works, how can we trust him to make an algorithm to determine Socionics type?
    Well, there is that...although to be fair, it could be a small glitch that could be easily fixed. Beta testing it before going live could've helped, though. I won't shame him for trying, but the roll-out could've been smoother.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

dumb

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    dumb
    Should have stuck with htaccess.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We use login with facebook as a measure of dealing with spammers, unfortunately for the limits of our resources there is no better way for us at this time. We do not use self typing methods, our system is based on testing and developing the most intelligent and adaptive process based on experimentation and validation of Socionic theory. Not for nothing, by the way, but if you already give your information to Mark Zuckerberg do you really believe that it could be in the hands of an outfit more dangerous? Our intention is to further the development of socionics and to share this with as many people as possible. We understand and respect any who do not wish to join the project, but welcome and appreciate all those that do. We hope to see you, if not now, in time...
    Stop tiptoeing around the fairly obvious motivation of you data mining / making money.
    Last edited by xerx; 01-16-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

So is this going to be a dating site, or what?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    So is this going to be a dating site, or what?
    All Socionics sites inadvertently turn into dating sites. There is something about plastering letter combination all over other people that gets us all hot and bothered, apparently...
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function validEmail2() in /home/dolphinbetaftpuser01/isocion.com/index.php on line 415

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I couldn't even "twitter" my way in. just so you know. Curiosity is killing me!

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I couldn't even "twitter" my way in. just so you know. Curiosity is killing me!
    A fancy facade gilt with glittering generalities. Just admire the login page for its looks dear. I do love that shade of blue.