psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Default Personal Learning Styles

http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/you...inventory-test

----------------------------
    Your result for Your personal Learning Styles Inventory Test ...
    The Great Communicator

50% Visual, 63% Musical, 88% Linguistic, 25% Kinesthetic, 38% Logical, 50% Interpersonal and 78% Intrapersonal

Verbal/Linguistic:

This style, which is related to words and language - written and spoken - dominates most Western educational systems
    The verbal style involves both the written and spoken word. If you use this style, you find it easy to express yourself, both in writing and verbally. You love reading and writing. You like playing on the meaning or sound of words, such as in tongue twisters, rhymes, limericks and the like. You know the meaning of many words, and regularly make an effort to find the meaning of new words. You use these words, as well as phrases you have picked up recently, when talking to others.

Hey! You scored 50% Visual, 63% Musical, 88% Linguistic, 25% Kinesthetic, 38% Logical, 50% Interpersonal and 78% Intrapersonal! Brilliant!

Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

• You scored 50% on Visual, higher than 24% of your peers.

• You scored 63% on Musical, higher than 33% of your peers.

• You scored 88% on Linguistic, higher than 73% of your peers.

• You scored 25% onKinesthetic, higher than 6% of your peers.

• You scored 38% on Logical, higher than 12% of your peers.

• You scored 50% onInterpersonal, higher than 27% of your peers.

• You scored 78% onIntrapersonal, higher than 55% of your peers.

Last edited by Aylen; 10-07-2015 at 03:56 PM. Reason: link update

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Since I mentioned this thread, in another post, here is more info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrape..._communication

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpe..._communication

"Onion Theory"

This theory is best known as the “onion theory”. This analogy suggests that like an onion, personalities have “layers” that start from the outside (what the public sees) all the way to the core (ones private self). Often, when a relationship begins to develop, it is customary for the individuals within the relationship to undergo a process of self-disclosure.[10] As people divulge information about themselves their “layers” begin to peel, and once those “layers” peel away they cannot go back; just like you can’t put the layers back on an onion.[11]

There are four different stages that social penetration theory encompasses. These stages include the orientation, exploratory affective exchange, affective exchange, and stable exchange.[12]

Orientation stage
    At first, strangers exchange very little amounts of information and they are very cautious in their interactions.

Exploratory affective stage
    Next, individuals become somewhat more friendly and relaxed with their communication styles.

Affective exchange
    In the third stage, there is a high amount of open communication between individuals and typically these relationships consist of close friends or even romantic partners.

Stable stage
    The final stage, simply consists of continued expressions of open and personal types of interaction.[12]

Last edited by Aylen; 02-26-2014 at 05:41 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The Loner

Intrapersonal: This style relates to inner states of being, self-reflection, metacognition (i.e. thinking about thinking) and awareness of spiritual realities.

If you have a solitary style, you are more private, introspective and independent. You can concentrate well, focusing your thoughts and feelings on your current topic. You are aware of your own thinking, and you may analyze the different ways you think and feel.

You spend time on self-analysis, and often reflect on past events and the way you approached them. You take time to ponder and assess your own accomplishments or challenges. You may keep a journal, diary or personal log to record your personal thoughts and events.

You like to spend time alone. You may have a personal hobby. You prefer traveling or holidaying in remote or places, away from crowds.

You feel that you know yourself. You think independently, and you know your mind. You may have attended self-development workshops, read self-help books or used other methods to develop a deeper understanding of yourself.

You prefer to work on problems by retreating to somewhere quiet and working through possible solutions. You may sometimes spend too much time trying to solve a problem that you could more easily solve by talking to someone.

You like to make plans and set goals. You know your direction in life and work. You prefer to work for yourself, or have thought a lot about it. If you don’t know your current direction in life, you feel a deep sense of dissatisfaction.

67% Intrapersonal

63% Interpersonal
    63% Visual
    63% Linguistic

38% Musical
    38% Logical

25% Kinesthetic

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stupid test. i already know i'm a visual learner but questions like whether i like to take pictures everywhere i go have nothing to do with how i learn.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't impressed by the test.

50% Kinesthetic,
    50% Visual,
    25% Logical,
    44% Intrapersonal,
    38% Interpersonal,
    50% Linguistic,
    50% Musical

It gave me The Dreamer (Visual), but the description only half way fits. (Of course, since it only scored 50% )

Kinesthetic/Body: You like to think out issues, ideas and problems while you exercise. You would rather go for a run or walk if something is bothering you, rather than sitting at home. You typically use larger hand gestures and other body language to communicate. You probably don’t mind getting up and dancing either, at least when the time is right. You either love the physical action of theme park rides, or they upset your inner body sense too much and so you avoid them altogether. (Can't stand them! I can barely tolerate elevators.) When you are learning a new skill or topic, you would prefer to “jump in” and play with the physical parts as soon as possible. The thought of sitting in a lecture listening to someone else talk is repulsive. In those circumstances, you fidget or can’t sit still for long. You want to get up and move around.

Visual: You create mental spacial models. You prefer using images, diagrams, and maps to organize info and communicate it to others. The white board is your best friend.

Logical/Mathematical: inductive/deductive thinking/reasoning, pick up on patterns somewhat easily, as well as connections between seemingly meaningless content. You create to-do lists (as reminders cuz I'm always forgetting). You pick up inconsistencies in other people's words, writings, or actions. You like (simple) pattern based logic games.

Intrapersonal: You are aware of your own thinking, and you may analyze the different ways you think and feel. You spend time on self-analysis, and often reflect on past events and the way you approached them. You like to spend time alone. You may have a personal hobby. You feel that you know yourself. You think independently, and you know your mind. You may have attended self-development workshops, read self-help books or used other methods to develop a deeper understanding of yourself. You prefer to work on problems by retreating to somewhere quiet and working through possible solutions. You may sometimes spend too much time trying to solve a problem that you could more easily solve by talking to someone (simply because I rarely have someone to talk to). If you don’t know your current direction in life, you feel a deep sense of dissatisfaction. (Midlife crisis, ftw!)

Interpersonal: People listen to you or come to you for advice, and you are (sometimes) sensitive to their motivations, feelings or moods. (I seek solutions and have little patience for straight up sympathy seeking.) You seek to understand other’s views. You may enjoy mentoring or counseling others. You heighten your learning by bouncing your thoughts off other people and listening to how they respond. You prefer to stay around after class and talk with others.

Verbal/Linguistic: (huh, nothing they had fit. Though I've been told I'm a decent writer, and people seem to think I find it easy to express my ideas and thoughts in writing. I actually struggle with a low vocabulary and tendency to forget words, labels, and names. And I do quite a bit of editing, lol.)

Musical: earworms (i think that's the term, lol), and loved to dance which I cant do anymore.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You scored 88% Visual, 63% Musical, 75% Linguistic, 63% Kinesthetic, 38% Logical, 50% Interpersonal and 56% Intrapersonal.

Not too inaccurate, Probably a bit more kinaesthetic.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm going tackle this after soup.

Okay:

The Mover
    You scored 75% on Kinesthetic
    Kinesthetic/Body: This style is related to physical movement of the body and the wisdom of the body, including the brain's motor cortex, which controls bodily motion.
    If the physical style is more like you, it’s likely that you use your body and sense of touch to learn about the world around you. It’s likely you like sports and exercise, and other physical activities such as gardening or woodworking. You like to think out issues, ideas and problems while you exercise. You would rather go for a run or walk if something is bothering you, rather than sitting at home.
    You are more sensitive to the physical world around you. You notice and appreciate textures, for example in clothes or furniture. You like “getting your hands dirty,” or making models, or working out jigsaws.
    You typically use larger hand gestures and other body language to communicate. You probably don’t mind getting up and dancing either, at least when the time is right. You either love the physical action of theme park rides, or they upset your inner body sense too much and so you avoid them altogether.
    When you are learning a new skill or topic, you would prefer to “jump in” and play with the physical parts as soon as possible. You would prefer to pull an engine apart and put it back together, rather than reading or looking at diagrams about how it works.
    The thought of sitting in a lecture listening to someone else talk is repulsive. In those circumstances, you fidget or can’t sit still for long. You want to get up and move around.

Hey! You scored 38% Visual, 38% Musical, 13% Linguistic, 75% Kinesthetic, 65% Logical, 73% Interpersonal and 22% Intrapersonal! Brilliant!
    Just take note of the brilliant part, damn...
    Last edited by Absurd; 02-26-2014 at 11:06 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dreamer

You scored 88% on Visual

Visual/Spatial: relies on their sense of sight and the ability to visualize an object. This also includes the ability to create internal mental images/pictures.

If you use the visual style, you prefer using images, pictures, colors, and maps to organize information and communicate with others. You can easily visualize objects, plans and outcomes in your mind’s eye. You also have a good spatial sense, which gives you a good sense of direction. You can easily find your way around using maps, and you rarely get lost. When you walk out of an elevator, you instinctively know which way to turn.

The whiteboard is your best friend (or would be if you had access to one). You love drawing, scribbling and doodling, especially with colors. You typically have a good dress sense and color balance (although not always!).

88% Visual

75% Musical

75% Linguistic

13% Kinesthetic

38% Logical

50% Interpersonal

78% Intrapersonal
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Musician

You scored 75% on Musical

Aural/Musical: This type is based on the recognition of tonal patterns, including various environmental sounds and a sensitivity to rhythm and beats.
    If you use the aural style, you like to work with sound and music. You have a good sense of pitch and rhythm. You typically can sing, play a musical instrument, or identify the sounds of different instruments. Certain music invokes strong emotions. You notice the music playing in the background of movies, TV shows and other media. You often find yourself humming or tapping a song or jingle, or a theme or jingle pops into your head without prompting.
    Hey! You scored 25% Visual, 75% Musical, 63% Linguistic, 63% Kinesthetic, 25% Logical, 63% Interpersonal and 56% Intrapersonal! Brilliant!

• You scored 25% on Visual, higher than 5% of your peers.

• You scored 75% on Musical, higher than 52% of your peers.

• You scored 63% on Linguistic, higher than 28% of your peers.

• You scored 63% on Kinesthetic, higher than 46% of your peers.

• You scored 25% on Logical, higher than 5% of your peers.

• You scored 63% on Interpersonal, higher than 50% of your peers.

• You scored 56% on Intrapersonal, higher than 17% of your peers.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

For newer members who love quizzes.

YWIMW

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Loner

You scored 100% on Intrapersonal!
    Intrapersonal: This style relates to inner states of being, self-reflection, metacognition (i.e. thinking about thinking) and awareness of spiritual realities.

If you have a solitary style, you are more private, introspective and independent. You can concentrate well, focusing your thoughts and feelings on your current topic. You are aware of your own thinking, and you may analyze the different ways you think and feel.

You spend time on self-analysis, and often reflect on past events and the way you approached them. You take time to ponder and assess your own accomplishments or challenges. You may keep a journal, diary or personal log to record your personal thoughts and events.

You like to spend time alone. You may have a personal hobby. You prefer traveling or holidaying in remote or places, away from crowds.

You feel that you know yourself. You think independently, and you know your mind. You may have attended self-development workshops, read self-help books or used other methods to develop a deeper understanding of yourself.

You prefer to work on problems by retreating to somewhere quiet and working through possible solutions. You may sometimes spend too much time trying to solve a problem that you could more easily solve by talking to someone.

You like to make plans and set goals. You know your direction in life and work. You prefer to work for yourself, or have thought a lot about it. If you don’t know your current direction in life, you feel a deep sense of dissatisfaction.

Hey! You scored 38% Visual, 63% Musical, 50% Linguistic, 38% Kinesthetic, 63% Logical, 13% Interpersonal and 100% Intrapersonal! Brilliant!

Wasn't a fan of this quiz. And I was not expecting 100% on Intrapersonal, though I knew it would be one of the higher scores.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I failed this test somehow, lol. This is so not me. o.O May retake it but it was a bit meh. I think I'd get verbal or visual.

The Mover

You scored 63% on Kinesthetic

Kinesthetic/Body: This style is related to physical movement of the body and the wisdom of the body, including the brain's motor cortex, which controls bodily motion.
    If the physical style is more like you, it’s likely that you use your body and sense of touch to learn about the world around you. It’s likely you like sports and exercise, and other physical activities such as gardening or woodworking. You like to think out issues, ideas and problems while you exercise. You would rather go for a run or walk if something is bothering you, rather than sitting at home.
    You are more sensitive to the physical world around you. You notice and appreciate textures, for example in clothes or furniture. You like “getting your hands dirty,” or making models, or working out jigsaws.
    You typically use larger hand gestures and other body language to communicate. You probably don’t mind getting up and dancing either, at least when the time is right. You either love the physical action of theme park rides, or they upset your inner body sense too much and so you avoid them altogether.
    When you are learning a new skill or topic, you would prefer to “jump in” and play with the physical parts as soon as possible. You would prefer to pull an engine apart and put it back together, rather than reading or looking at diagrams about how it works.
    The thought of sitting in a lecture listening to someone else talk is repulsive. In those circumstances, you fidget or can’t sit still for long. You want to get up and move around.
    Hey! You scored 50% Visual, 38% Musical, 38% Linguistic, 63% Kinesthetic, 50% Logical, 50% Interpersonal and 44% Intrapersonal! Brilliant!

• You scored 38% on Musical, higher than 9% of your peers.

• You scored 38% on Linguistic, higher than 7% of your peers.

• You scored 63% on Kinesthetic, higher than 46% of your peers.

• You scored 50% on Logical, higher than 26% of your peers.

• You scored 50% on Interpersonal, higher than 27% of your peers.

• You scored 44% on Intrapersonal, higher than 8% of your peers.

Creepy-male

The Loner

You scored 89% on Intrapersonal!
    Intrapersonal: This style relates to inner states of being, self-reflection, metacognition (i.e. thinking about thinking) and awareness of spiritual realities.If you have a solitary style, you are more private, introspective and independent. You can concentrate well, focusing your thoughts and feelings on your current topic. You are aware of your own thinking, and you may analyze the different ways you think and feel.

Hey! You scored 63% Visual, 63% Musical, 63% Linguistic, 75% Kinesthetic, 38% Logical, 38% Interpersonal and 89% Intrapersonal! Brilliant!

• You scored 63% on Visual, higher than 45% of your peers.

• You scored 63% on Musical, higher than 33% of your peers.

• You scored 63% on Linguistic, higher than 28% of your peers.

• You scored 75% on Kinesthetic, higher than 66% of your peers.

• You scored 38% on Interpersonal, higher than 12% of your peers.

• You scored 89% on Intrapersonal, higher than 76% of your peers.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I took it again and pretty much got the same results. Just my logical and visual changed because I have been working on visualizing a lot lately since I see clear images when I close my eyes and I want to see how I can strengthen that.

Hey! You scored 63% Visual, 63% Musical, 88% Linguistic, 25% Kinesthetic, 13% Logical, 50% Interpersonal and 78% Intrapersonal! Brilliant!

YWIMW

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Took again, lol.

Your result for Your personal Learning Styles Inventory Test ...
    The Loner

You scored 56% on Intrapersonal!

Intrapersonal: This style relates to inner states of being, self-reflection, metacognition (i.e. thinking about thinking) and awareness of spiritual realities. If you have a solitary style, you are more private, introspective and independent. You can concentrate well, focusing your thoughts and feelings on your current topic. You are aware of your own thinking, and you may analyze the different ways you think and feel.

Hey! You scored 50% Visual, 38% Musical, 50% Linguistic, 38% Kinesthetic, 38% Logical, 50% Interpersonal and 56% Intrapersonal! Brilliant!

• You scored 38% on Musical, higher than 9% of your peers.

• You scored 50% on Linguistic, higher than 15% of your peers.

• You scored 38% on Kinesthetic, higher than 14% of your peers.

• You scored 50% on Interpersonal, higher than 27% of your peers.

• You scored 56% on Intrapersonal, higher than 17% of your peers.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

The Musician

You scored 100% on Musical
    Aural/Musical: This type is based on the recognition of tonal patterns, including various environmental sounds and a sensitivity to rhythm and beats.
    If you use the aural style, you like to work with sound and music. You have a good sense of pitch and rhythm. You typically can sing, play a musical instrument, or identify the sounds of different instruments. Certain music invokes strong emotions. You notice the music playing in the background of movies, TV shows and other media. You often find yourself humming or tapping a song or jingle, or a theme or jingle pops into your head without prompting.
    Hey! You scored 75% Visual, 100% Musical, 63% Linguistic, 50% Kinesthetic, 50% Logical, 38% Interpersonal and 89% Intrapersonal! Brilliant!

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

You scored 38% Visual, 25% Musical, 13% Linguistic, 50% Kinesthetic, 88% Logical, 38% Interpersonal and 67% Intrapersonal!

I'm actually stronger on kinesthetic than this.

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Loner

You scored 100% on Intrapersonal!

You scored 50% Visual, 63% Musical, 50% Linguistic, 38% Kinesthetic, 50% Logical, 50% Interpersonal and 100% Intrapersonal! Brilliant!

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Loner

Hey! You scored 38% Visual, 50% Musical, 75% Linguistic, 38% Kinesthetic, 38% Logical, 38% Interpersonal and 89% Intrapersonal! Brilliant!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

our result for Your personal Learning Styles Inventory Test ...
    The Loner

The Loner

Hey! You scored 75% Visual, 75% Musical, 75% Linguistic, 38% Kinesthetic, 75% Logical, 50% Interpersonal and 89% Intrapersonal! Brilliant!

YOUR ANALYSIS (Vertical line = Average)

Visual Distribution
    You scored 75% on Visual, higher than 68% of your peers.
    Musical Distribution
    You scored 75% on Musical, higher than 53% of your peers.
    Linguistic Distribution
    You scored 75% on Linguistic, higher than 50% of your peers.
    Kinesthetic Distribution
    You scored 38% on Kinesthetic, higher than 14% of your peers.
    Logical Distribution
    You scored 75% on Logical, higher than 68% of your peers.
    Interpersonal Distribution
    You scored 50% on Interpersonal, higher than 28% of your peers.
    Intrapersonal Distribution
    You scored 89% on Intrapersonal, higher than 76% of your peers.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My test results won't work but I still have something to say. This thread illustrates what I find wrong (and right) with socionics. Looking over the results, Ti-leading would be someone with outstanding logical intelligence, low interpersonal intelligence, and Fi would be low logical intelligence, high interpersonal IQ. I am mediocre with people (not piss-poor!) and logic happens to be an area of expertise for me (on that test, intrapersonal intelligence would also be outstanding). But from a fairly young age, I have been interested in all types of intellectual challenges, from board games to Scrabble software to math puzzles to visual-spatial problems to even studying philosophy. I challenge my mind not just everyday, but every hour on the hour. (With just visual-spatial tests, I score at at least the 99th percentile...) But that's what I find wrong with 'Ti.' As an intellectual function, I find it is just logical intelligence and that's it... I mean, my intellectual faculties are integrated, it's not just about structure; insights can come in the form of words, patterns, images, sometimes in more than domain at a time, sometimes structured sometimes not, and there is a strong intrapersonal element to my cognition (that some would probably want to say makes me not Ti!). But despite that, a clear pattern from this that I have noticed is: 'Strong Ti' = high logical intelligence, low interpersonal IQ (especially in LSIs) and 'Strong Fi' = low logical intelligence high interpersonal (especially in IEEs)... (And as I said, for me, logical intelligence is also an area of expertise.) So I guess there is some pattern here, but I still defy it in some ways...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me explain more clearly what I mean: if I am taking a course in philosophy, say on Descartes, yes I grasp the structure/logic of the material, but I try to deal with the material on multiple levels. Verbally, if I'm writing, the material has to be crisp, clear and well written (and I want to what I'm reading to be clear as well). Intuitively, I want the ideas to be as abstract as possible. Nonverbally, the material should arouse some kind of imagery in my mind's eye. Logically, I want the arguments to also be crisp and clear. Intrapersonally, the course has to 'speak' to me in some way, whether it's part of a special area of interest, or it leads to an interesting career ten years down the road. Interpersonally, I like it if the professor is friendly (or even better, funny). Socionics seems to want me to deal with things just on the logical level (structure), which is a real strength, but I would rather experience things in multiple dimensions, on multiple levels... In any event, maybe I'm misinterpreting the theory... (Therefore, maybe someone else has a better explanation...)

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    My test results won't work but I still have something to say. This thread illustrates what I find wrong (and right) with socionics. Looking over the results, Ti-leading would be someone with outstanding logical intelligence, low interpersonal intelligence, and Fi would be low logical intelligence, high interpersonal IQ..

This is a wrong assumption I think. Someone with strong TI wouild be comparetively stronger in logic of categories, or internal systems etc then with his interpersonal understanding, but not necessarily be low (or high) on either.

The case would be something like a smart (high IQ) IEE v.s. a almost retarted ILE. The ILE would still have a stronger Ti then his Fi, but it might be lower then the IEE's. (this can be reversed with Fi).

If this would not be the case, then socionics would state that it is impossible to be both smart and interpersonally gifted (which you seem to imply in the above) which, i believe, is emperically disprovable. ((also the opposite, some people, even on this forum, are clearly neither smart nor socially gifted)).

I am mediocre with people (not piss-poor!) and logic happens to be an area of expertise for me (on that test, intrapersonal intelligence would also be outstanding). But from a fairly young age, I have been interested in all types of intellectual challenges, from board games to Scrabble software to math puzzles to visual-spatial problems to even studying philosophy. I challenge my mind not just everyday, but every hour on the hour. (With just visual-spatial tests, I score at at least the 99th percentile...) But that's what I find wrong with 'Ti.' As an intellectual function, I find it is just logical intelligence and that's it... I mean, my intellectual faculties are integrated, it's not just about structure; insights can come in the form of words, patterns, images, sometimes in more than domain at a time, sometimes structured sometimes not, and there is a strong intrapersonal element to my cognition (that some would probably want to say makes me not Ti!). But despite that, a clear pattern from this that I have noticed is: 'Strong Ti' = high logical intelligence, low interpersonal IQ (especially in LSIs) and 'Strong Fi' = low logical intelligence high interpersonal (especially in IEEs)... (And as I said, for me, logical intelligence is also an area of expertise.) So I guess there is some pattern here, but I still defy it in some ways..
    I would say this is untrue. (not where you score, but the conclusions). I believe that puzzles can be solved with more than just Ti, I probably solve almost everything through Ne, and I scored the one perfect score on the formal logic exam in the last 5 years of that course.

Think, everyone is either a feeling or a thinking type. Now look around. Most people are absolutely bogus on both. Many people even here that are Feeling types are absolutely horrible at social interaction and or judging admosphere. Many of the logical types are not logically consistent or logically right. These could all be mistyped (cross mistyping where they think they're feelers while they're thinkers) but I believe it's a more satisfying conclusion that functional strength is only internally comparable.

I believe the "strong - weak" thing to be compared only internally, so as I say, you can be a logical type, but still retarted....

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    Let me explain more clearly what I mean: if I am taking a course in philosophy, say on Descartes, yes I grasp the structure/logic of the material, but I try to deal with the material on multiple levels. Verbally, if I'm writing, the material has to be crisp, clear and well written (and I want to what I'm reading to be clear as well). Intuitively, I want the ideas to be as abstract as possible. Nonverbally, the material should arouse some kind of imagery in my mind's eye. Logically, I want the arguments to also be crisp and clear. Intrapersonally, the course has to 'speak' to me in some way, whether it's part of a special area of interest, or it leads to an interesting career ten years down the road. Interpersonally, I like it if the professor is friendly (or even better, funny). Socionics seems to want me to deal with things just on the logical level (structure), which is a real strength, but I would rather experience things in multiple dimensions, on multiple levels... In any event, maybe I'm misinterpreting the theory... (Therefore, maybe someone else has a better explanation...)
    I have problems determining what your stance is. Are you arguing against the proposition "thinkers are not socially gifted, feelers are stupid"? Are you arguing for it? Either is stupid, the latter is just a bad way of looking at it while the former is kinda a strawmen of the complexity of socionics theory..

But then, what can I say, i'm only a stupid feeler

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    This is a wrong assumption I think. Someone with strong TI wouild be comparetively stronger in logic of categories, or internal systems etc then with his interpersonal understanding, but not necessarily be low (or high) on either.

The case would be something like a smart (high IQ) IEE v.s. a almost retarted ILE. The ILE would still have a stronger Ti then his Fi, but it might be lower then the IEE's. (this can be reversed with Fi).

If this would not be the case, then socionics would state that it is impossible to be both smart and interpersonally gifted (which you seem to imply in the above) which, i believe, is emperically disprovable. ((also the opposite, some people, even on this forum, are clearly neither smart nor socially gifted)).
    I'm just analyzing the test results and generalizing, but for specific people/cases, sure...

I would say this is untrue. (not where you score, but the conclusions). I believe that puzzles can be solved with more than just Ti, I probably solve almost everything through Ne, and I scored the one perfect score on the formal logic exam in the last 5 years of that course.

Think, everyone is either a feeling or a thinking type. Now look around. Most people are absolutely bogus on both. Many people even here that are Feeling types are absolutely horrible at social interaction and or judging admosphere. Many of the logical types are not logically consistent or logically right. These could all be mistyped (cross mistyping where they think they're feelers while they're thinkers) but I believe it's a more satisfying conclusion that functional strength is only internally comparable.

I believe the "strong - weak" thing to be compared only internally, so as I say, you can be a logical type, but still retarted....
    Sure. I wasn't speaking for everyone. Like I said, I was just generalizing the results above...

I have problems determining what your stance is. Are you arguing against the proposition "thinkers are not socially gifted, feelers are stupid"? Are you arguing for it? Either is stupid, the latter is just a bad way of looking at it while the former is kinda a strawmen of the complexity of socionics theory..
    The *general* conclusion wouldn't be that feelers are idiots. It would be that they are gifted in areas other than logic (e.g., language, spatial skills, intrapersonal skills, etc.) *or* they're good at logic and simply don't care as much about it as personal qualities, *or* they're good but are better at the interpersonal side, etc... My conclusions were just a simplification, so you can now see where I was going with it...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The loner.

You scored 50% Visual, 50% Musical, 50% Linguistic, 25% Kinesthetic, 50% Logical, 25% Interpersonal and 78% Intrapersonal!
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the bigger picture, this is what I'm trying to say (I finally hit on it): 'think with your head' and 'feel with your whole heart' are both empty sentences to me. The former is hard and unfeeling, the latter syrupy, sentimental. Do I value neither? 'Use your intuition' - that really speaks to me. That's why I wonder what's wrong here...
    Last edited by jason_m; 12-25-2015 at 08:38 AM.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There isn't necessarily a correlation between having strong Socionics functions and having intellectual strengths. Socionics shows how people are naturally more attuned to different types of information, without necessarily being experts in their fields (though with experience this development would come with time).

Sure, LIIs have a strong logical function and tend to be attuned to structural and conceptual information, but that doesn't mean they're naturally more talented in this area. They just focus on it more, which can lead towards expertise. I know an IEE who is skilled and well-versed in formal logic and debate (Te), yet he's still an IEE with relatively "weak" logical functions.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The Mathematician
    You scored 88% on Logical

Logical/Mathematical: Often called the Scientist or the Reasoner, this learning style deals with inductive and deductive thinking/reasoning, numbers and the recognition of abstract patterns.

If you use the logical style, you like using your brain for logical and mathematical reasoning. You can recognize patterns easily, as well as connections between seemingly meaningless content. This also leads you to classify and group information to help you learn or understand it.

You work well with numbers and you can perform complex calculations. You remember the basics of trigonometry and algebra, and you can do moderately complex calculations in your head.

You typically work through problems and issues in a systematic way, and you like to create procedures for future use. You are happy setting numerical targets and budgets, and you track your progress towards these. You like creating agendas, itineraries, and to-do lists, and you typically number and rank them before putting them into action.

Your scientific approach to thinking means you often support your points with logical examples or statistics. You pick up logic flaws in other peoples words, writing or actions, and you may point these out to people (not always to everyone’s amusement).

You like working out strategies and using simulation. You may like games such as brainteasers, backgammon, and chess. You may also like PC games such as Dune II, Starcraft, Age of Empires, Sid Meier games and others.

Hey! You scored 50% Visual, 63% Musical, 75% Linguistic, 25% Kinesthetic, 88% Logical, 38% Interpersonal and 78% Intrapersonal! Brilliant!

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Loner

The Loner

Hey! You scored 63% Visual, 38% Musical, 63% Linguistic, 13% Kinesthetic, 63% Logical, 25% Interpersonal and 89% Intrapersonal! Brilliant!