Thread: Member Questionnaire (chwoey)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (chwoey)

Member Questionnaire 1 (chwoey)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty and love are completely abstract concepts.. I believe they explain a physiological response, in terms of beauty it is to explain the warm feeling you get when seeing something that causes a positive emotional response. For example, if you see an elderly couple holding hands you may feel joy for these people and experience a warm feeling inside of you, describing that sight as beautiful. Love on the other hand, appears to me, to be very much the same as beauty.. But rather than just any simple sight causing the feeling it is caused by something we hold dear to us. It is used to describe the intense pleasure caused by seeing, experiencing or thinking of something that causes a deeply positive emotional response.
    What are your most important values?
    I think my most important values are simply to try and be a good person. Be kind to others, work hard, be a positive influence, accept others for their differences and faults.. I have always really related to the buddhist philosophy, and I hope I can one day be as pure as a "true buddhist".
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I don't really have any spiritual beliefs, and I don't consider buddhism much of a religion but rather a model as to how to live a positive life, but I accept the possibility of a spiritual world.. I just think that because there is no real evidence to point at any kind of higher existence than myself, I choose not to put any stock in it. I am extremely tolerant of other peoples beliefs, however.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Ah, when I was younger I thought war and militaries were the worst things on the planet. It is clear the enormous amount of destruction they cause, but they do seem necessary in this world we live in. You need to realize that people need to feel safe, and safe from other people, and there are always two sides to a war. War is a fact of life and something that needs to be accepted as so. I do not agree with all the war currently in place in the world (especially involving the united states), but it isn't my place to be judging.

Power is one being superior to another. It seems to be human nature to want to be superior and thus power struggles happen.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I have had long conversations about MBTI and personality theory, about the existence of aliens, about phenomena I find to be very odd (such as realizing that all areas, such as Walmart or a hotel, have very dynamic social circles, hierarchies and power plays going on, or about how you can drive past a hospital every day and never realize how many suffering people you passed by). I have to admit to having many long conversations about gossip, but that is mostly due to being inept at making conversation and falling back on the easiest conversations.

I honestly don't have many interests. I enjoy reading books at times, and I quite enjoy going for walks, singing and listening to music are especially joyful for me. I also enjoy playing video games, such as minecraft and COD Zombies. I spend most of my time simply relaxing with my boyfriend, watching tv or playing video games. Though my favourite activity is surely browsing the internet, especially this forum and reddit.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I do not consider health/medicine a good conversation topic. I am generally oblivious to my physical body unless I am sick or injured where I become hyper-aware of my physicality.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I quite dislike chores, I understand they are necessary but I tend to put them off for as long as possible. I am the type of girl who lets her room get more and more cluttered before I do a huge clean sweep and sit back to let it clutter up once more.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    My favourite books are all dystopian novels. I am extremely fond of the Oryx and Crake series (I actually have a tattoo dedicated to it), as well as 1984, Brave New World, Uglies series, Handmaid's Tail... I am not a big movie person, I find action movies to be extremely dull and I dislike how romance/drama movies pull on my emotions. I prefer thought provoking movies such as a Scanner Darkly, Donnie Darko, Requiem for a dream... I also enjoy comedies when simply relaxing with my boyfriend.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I don't often cry, but when I do it is usually because I start to over examine everything and drive myself into a depressed state where I hate myself and can't find positives in myself. It is pretty pathetic but as I have grown I have learned to keep that state at a minimum. I also cry whenever someone gets emotional around me or when I am asked to explain my emotions. As soon as I start saying what is wrong I immediately start blubbering, though someone else crying will almost immediately sober me up..

I smile all the time. I used to never smile as a child, and in high school people told me my smile looked fake.. But as I have grown, and worked in customer service, I find my smile is natural. My boyfriend used to dish out adorable phrases like "You make me so happy.." and I would suppress a wild smile until he asked me to stop. I now grin like an idiot all the time around him and when thinking of him.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I find I am really at one with the environment when I am working at my customer service job. It gives me enough social interaction to keep me happy, as well as lots of alone time to let my thoughts wander. I really feel like a part of a family after working there for over a year. I also feel this way when I am alone at home. I really love being alone to just do as I want and enjoy my own presence. I would say I am my favourite person to be with.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My boyfriend occasionally makes jokes about how I have no friends, something I admit honestly. I definitely dislike how hard it is for me to make friends, but I am starting to really accept this fact about myself.
    I can be pretty forgetful, I can be obnoxious and inappropriate, I used to be rather insensitive (but I work hard to change this about myself). I used to think I talked far too much, and I limited myself and started talking a lot less.. Though at times the bouncy, loud version of me peeks its head (especially around my family or my boyfriend).
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Well my boyfriend often praises me for being intelligent and practical person. I have always been praised for being intelligent and witty (though I am much less witty now since I limited myself). I like how kind I am, how accepting I am, how much I am able to enjoy life, how I can seem to see past the illusions of society (I don't buy into the media, makeup, etc. I try my best not to be a slave to our society, while clearly seeing all of the negatives in the world).
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I would love help in regards to making friends. My boyfriend definitely is helping me with it, he gives me goals like saying Hi to 5 people every day that I don't normally talk to, as well as introduce me to his friends. Being able to have someone help me with my procrastination would be nice, though my boyfriend does help with that a bit as well. He likes things clean and I like to please him so I work harder to keep his house clean, do dishes, shovel, etc. He is an ISTJ if that helps anything.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I was definitely stuck in a rut when I was a teenager. I was fairly depressed because I couldn't see any positives in myself and I thought I was a bother to everyone around me. I assume I started over analyzing other's reactions to me and started judging myself based on it. For example, I worked as a cashier and every time a customer expressed disapproval with me I would mark it on a piece of paper and then "punish" myself for every mark when I went home. In retrospect I find this horribly sad and I feel so much sympathy for those who find themselves feeling similarly.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I generally like most people, unless they are overly superficial or rude. People who are too emotional can start to drain me as I dislike dealing with emotions. I have had decent relationships with ISTJ, INTJ, ISTP, ISFJ, ENFP, ISFP.... but those are simply the people I know. I think my brother is an INFP and he drives me up the wall.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I love romance, I love sex. Me and my boyfriend have sex nearly every day and we are very romantic. I could spend eternity cuddled up against him with his lips on my neck.. oohh, much nice, so romance, wow..

I like people who are practical, intelligent, witty, weird and eccentric. My boyfriend's hair is almost as long as mine, he used to paint his nails black, he has lots of silly facial hair and has one of the most adorable skinny boy metal kid looks. We are so weird together it is wonderful, I feel like I can be myself around him. I like people who are confident and not afraid to open up to me.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    -
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I might feel a little bit superior to them as I consider my beliefs to be the best.. I mean, who doesn't. I may question them and start a little argument, or I will keep my mouth shut and act a little condescending. It all depends on how they will respond. But I don't have very strong beliefs so this is rare to happen.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I used to be against society, thinking it to be evil. I got very depressed over all of the misfortune in the world that could easily be prevented.. But then I started to see all of the systems in place that cause it to be that way, and how I can't really change anything. My happiness is more important then brooding over the world, so I try and work with society now so I can be a positive person. I generally group people together, but I try to look at the individual when given the chance. I think people generally have good intentions, but people with great power forget their empathy (or perhaps they are all sociopaths). I try not to judge others because I can't know their true emotions.

I consider aspects of the world which misfortune others to be a social problem.. Such as companies forcing poor communities to produce lots of a single crop which leaves them poor with little food, depending on said company for nourishment, as well as slowly degrade their soil based on a lack of crop rotation.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    My friends are people who talk to me and are nice to me. If I am comfortable with someone I will be silly, witty and joke around a lot. I am not afraid to dance around and act like a fool. If I am not comfortable I will be fairly reserved and polite. Respecting social norms.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I actually have an easier time with strangers who are not my age. I consider them to be more mature and accepting so I find i can be myself around them. I feel that I can understand strangers and help them if need be. I love my job because I get to socialize with so many strangers. Though I am exceptionally shy around people who are in my age bracket. I consider them all superior to me for some reason.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Si valuing / base . It could also be with Te ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLIs are naturally good at knowing what kinds of activities and stimuli will produce which sensations and physical states in themselves and the people around them.
    Yes.
    They are highly sensitive to sensations of internal discomfort and dissonance, or when someone or something is aesthetically out of place. They usually take quick action to remove the discomfort, dissonance, or misplacement so that things "feel right."
    Not really. I can be very oblivious to things and often miss when things are changed. Example, my boyfriend will play something on the guitar and then play something slightly different and I have a hard time detecting the change. I can walk into a room where the furnature is slightly rearranged, and not notice that the room has changed for quite some time. I do however notice haircuts and changes in style instantly.
    They are attracted to material (concrete) objects which produce the "right" sensations and physical states, such as stereo systems which produce the best sounds or clothes that produce the best feelings either through their pleasant texture and ease of use or through their aesthetic appeal. They dislike it when others deny them of pleasurable material objects and can get quite possessive and territorial when claiming or re-claiming them.
    I am fairly easy to please, give me headphones and I will be happy.. They don't need to be the highest quality or the "best". However, I am quite possessive of my stuff. I used to refrain from inviting people over to my house for fear that they would start messing with my stuff. I have yelled at family members for bothering me in regards to my objects.

SLIs are skilled at recognizing and remembering their own and others' internal physical states and at imagining how different things would affect that state. When analyzing the behavior of themselves and others, they focus on these physical states and see them as determining much of a person's actions.
    I'm not sure what this sentence means...
    They prefer to keep their lifestyle and living space simple and to avoid excessive, gaudy possessions and excessively complex living habits and duties. SLIs encourage those they care about to take the time to experience pleasurable and soothing sensations, avoid getting caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and to listen to their bodies and their sincere inner desires.
    Yes.
    They can be concerned with their own health and those they know.
    Not /horribly/. I used to have a bad habit of googling every little symptom I felt and being concerned that there was something wrong with me.. But I've started to trust that my body knows what it is doing, and I try to just observe what is happening and let it run its course. I am not horribly concerned about other's health. I dislike seeing people unwell, but that is the extent.

SLIs are drawn to situations which allow them to maximize these physical states and like to dwell on soothing, pleasurable sensations, or the enjoyment of physical motion. They often seek physical and manual involvement in work activities. SLIs prefer to get involved in business projects rather than sit back and let things happen on their own (weak Ni too). SLIs are adept at portraying excitement and disgust through their physical gestures.
    I looovee to dwell in soothing, pleasurable sensations. I sucked my thumb for far too long because I simply liked going into a psudo meditation based on how wonderful it felt. I can lay in bed forever, simply enjoying how it feels. I definately prefer work where I am actually up and moving, I think I would find a desk job horribly boring.
    I think the last sentence is correct to me.

I am still not sure.