Thread: Can I be an INTj?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Can I be an INTj?

ISTp's are fit, physical and present. I'm constantly out of shape, detached and sometimes absent-minded. I mind my own business and I only confront people verbally and intellectually. I spend way more time over-analyzing the crap out of trivial things (Ti) than developing or maintaining relationships (Fi). ESFj's are my duals because they have the ability to feed me and put up with my emotional retardation. They take care of my physical and emotional well-being while I structure their brains and help them develop their potential.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    ISTp's are fit, physical and present. I'm constantly out of shape, detached and sometimes absent-minded. I mind my own business and I only confront people verbally and intellectually. I spend way more time over-analyzing the crap out of trivial things (Ti) than developing or maintaining relationships (Fi). ESFj's are my duals because they have the ability to feed me and put up with my emotional retardation. They take care of my physical and emotional well-being while I structure their brains and help them develop their potential.
    SLI a dying race :/

Are you in general interested how things work e.g phone, motor?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Are you in general interested how things work e.g phone, motor?
    Yes, but not overly. And not globally. I tend to fixate my attention to specific things of interest.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but not overly. And not globally. I tend to fixate my attention to specific things of interest.
    ok says nothing

I'd recommend you to read the Te and Ti Base and Creative. For a long time I struggled to decide between Ti and Te and this article was helpfull
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Dmitry-Golihov

You can't be SLI unless Martisa & Ivan Ooze type you as one, I think. On a more cereal note, mmm cereal.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    You can't be SLI unless Martisa & Ivan Ooze type you as one, I think. On a more cereal note, mmm cereal.
    Your quote doesn't fit your post count. Fuck off idiot!

Take it easy. This is a socionics forum. Where else would I be?

Also, I detected a bit of sarcasm from the initial post, with the OP having a 12k post count and the forum having a history of posters wandering into sub-forums, playing the role of a hapless newbie stating a possible self-typing with vague descriptions and underlying stereotypes. If i'm wrong, sorry for pissing in your cereal. Apparently.
    Last edited by GrimtheThird; 01-09-2014 at 11:50 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Dude relax. People catch on pretty quick here.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd recommend you to read the Te and Ti Base and Creative. For a long time I struggled to decide between Ti and Te and this article was helpfull
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Dmitry-Golihov
    I'd challenge you to recommend a description I haven't already read... or written.

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp's are fit, physical and present.
    My brother is an ISTp, he has a gut and he is more interested in his fantasy football than what's going on around him. He use to be fit. Recently, he tried to jump over some stuff and broke my shower caddy. I mentioned to him that he seems less agile and he responded, "It's because I'm fat now. Geez." Lol

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I'll make a thread "Is park LII" and we'll duke it out @hkkmr @Johannusbloem style!

God...you guys don't understand socionics!!!

Edit: And Now I finally understand the power-dynamics on this forum! It's alllll about the postcountzzzz ;-)

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Park, how would you feel about all of that Fe? One of my SLI friends really can't take it after a while. She just gets up and quietly removes herself from the laughter, chatter. Even in small groups. I guess LIIs must really like it. Also, do you see yourself wanting to provide lots of Ti. The IPs that I know usually don't care for parting with information. How are you as an information giver?
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. If you are ISTp, you would find ENFj's very annoying especially if they were a family member or relationship. Have you known ESFJ's well? They make my SLI uncomfortable sometimes.

My INTj friend is notable for being rather in charge of her little world. Actually its not little, but its hers. She is in corporate management, and manages her real estate holdings as well, and other specific interests. Also she manages her time really well; always has a plan for it. She is very particullar about what she eats. Likes a variety of food but separate (like, no casseroles for her and not so many sauces. She advises me a lot when I tell her things, pointing out practical things I had not thought of. Like when I tell her about a new direction I am taking, for example. And its always wise and detailed.

Thats my INTj friend. I don't know if it sounds like you.

My ISTp is fairly fit but not super fit. Same for my ISTp brother and Dad. Very capable physically and athletically but not ones to go out for sports (just my brother, and only for a little while, competantly but not wholeheartedly). My Dad and my brother and the SLI I love are all rather detached at times, in their own heads, and they mind their own business for sure. So those things sound like the are ISTp. Just saying.

My SLI is not emotionally expressive and says he is not romantic, but its not something I see as any lack. I love that he is true and loyal and frank and kind and not demanding and that he really "sees" me and knows me. Other things too. I just love how he is even though he is different from me. I don't put up with him, I just love him how he is. Someone just like me would be boring, to me. But he loves the way I am.

Just thoughts.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, eat your vegetables.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think INTj's make formal requests to be INTj's.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    But Park, how would you feel about all of that Fe? One of my SLI friends really can't take it after a while. She just gets up and quietly removes herself from the laughter, chatter. Even in small groups. I guess LIIs must really like it.
    Chatter—maybe, laughter—I don't mind. My reaction to those things mostly depends on how I feel about the person(s) creating the atmosphere and the context in which things are said and done.

Also, do you see yourself wanting to provide lots of Ti. The IPs that I know usually don't care for parting with information. How are you as an information giver?
    I like providing this kind of information. I've actually been criticized for being right too often. Not for thinking I'm right, but for being right. How ridiculous is that?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chatter—maybe, laughter—I don't mind. My reaction to those things mostly depends on how I feel about the person(s) creating the atmosphere and the context in which things are said and done.

I like providing this kind of information. I've actually been criticized for being right too often. Not for thinking I'm right, but for being right. How ridiculous is that?
    That was a great article about typing 2 spaces after a period. I am guilty of that, but I have so many other areas that need improvement that I decided not to expend any energy on that one when I first heard about it.

When I am with IJ types, I find that I like the constant flow of information. With IP types, I get the feeling that they are withholding information that I want (mysterious and intriging in the beginning of a relationship, a bit tiresome as the relationship progresses.) I start to feel annoyed that I have to ask for the information. I imagine that the IPs don't always like the pressure of having to supply the info.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a great article about typing 2 spaces after a period. I am guilty of that, but I have so many other areas that need improvement that I decided not to expend any energy on that one when I first heard about it.

When I am with IJ types, I find that I like the constant flow of information. With IP types, I get the feeling that they are withholding information that I want (mysterious and intriging in the beginning of a relationship, a bit tiresome as the relationship progresses.) I start to feel annoyed that I have to ask for the information. I imagine that the IPs don't always like the pressure of having to supply the info.
    Hmm, your theory sort of contradicts what Mr. Golihov says (about Logical Intratims):

Te as creative function in SLI (ISTp; Jean Gabin) and ILI (INTp; Balzac) - this person very skillfully uses knowledge and facts, applies them creatively, an ideal lecturer, excels at giving instructions (he can, for example, teach skills needed for auto-maintenance).
    Ti as leading function in LSI (ISTj; Maxim Gorky) and LII (INTj; Robespierre) - very attached to his understanding of something, his thinking, his logic and concepts, confident and conservative in these. It is impossible to convince him otherwise, as he "lives" by this, but does not necessarily share his understanding with others... He knows how to reason logically, but does not like to defend his vision of the situation: "Those who understood - understood, the rest don't have it in them".
    (from the article @DaftPunk referred me to)

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Park

Because of the amount of forum posts I knew it was likely you already read the article. I just think it's quite helpfull to reread stuff at least I see stuff (e.g reinin dichotomies) from a difrent ankle when I rearead it but I am also just 8 months "studying" socionics so there's more to learn.

I'll try to give you a RL example to distinguish Ti-Te.:

I have a very close friend who's LII. We played Starcraft and Chess on a regular basis against each other. The main difference between us was that he wanted to construct his own strategies and almost never looked something up. When he watched progames then it was only for the pleasure to watch them he never attempted to "steal" a build. On the other hand I was the complete opposite I was looking up everything, watching guides and trying to learn from the pros. In the end I crushed him in both games because he was relying stubornly on his own resources. Nevertheless I don't want to blame him in the end we played for fun and we both did what was fun for us. For him construct his own system for me accumulate information and beat other people

wants to produce somethin from within and intentionally limits outside informitations
    wants to accumulate outside information and intentionally limits to prodcuce something from within when the goal can be reached by the use of outside informations

I also made the experience that Ti-Egos are more intersted how something should be (e.g we should have a marxistic society because of ...) while Te-ego is more interested about how something leads to something (e.g to reach that we should do that that and that). IMO it's about Static /Dynamic .

Something else: Do you think you value more than ? if yes why?

Edit: Your Avatar is annoying
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 01-15-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I have a very close friend who's LII. We played Starcraft and Chess on a regular basis against each other. The main difference between us was that he wanted to construct his own strategies and almost never looked something up. When he watched progames then it was only for the pleasure to watch them he never attempted to "steal" a build. On the other hand I was the complete opposite I was looking up everything, watching guides and trying to learn from the pros. In the end I crushed him in both games because he was relying stubornly on his own resources. Nevertheless I don't want to blame him in the end we played for fun and we both did what was fun for us. For him construct his own system for me accumulate information and beat other people
    funny, i've noticed this same thing playing league of legends with forum members. the te egos are generally more concerned with following the meta and the ti valuers are more experimental. but i'm te seeking and while i generally think following the meta is a good idea, i don't like feeling restricted by it and i have fun messing around too. shrug.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    funny, i've noticed this same thing playing league of legends with forum members. the te egos are generally more concerned with following the meta and the ti valuers are more experimental. but i'm te seeking and while i generally think following the meta is a good idea, i don't like feeling restricted by it and i have fun messing around too. shrug.
    My goal is perfect sequence of actions to win. I worked a lot with flipcharts in gaming

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

My goal is perfect sequence of actions to win. I worked a lot with flipcharts in gaming
    it can be cool when people know all these stats and can tell you exactly what to build for each character etc. but past a certain point i think it becomes useless or overly fatalistic when things like peoples skill levels and spontaneous group decision making etc aren't factored in enough. maybe i'm derailing.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Noticed the same general mindset difference in te vs ti. Te can be annoyingly stuck in following whatever they consider an authority or "what's been proven to work" rather than playing around with things and trying different approaches.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

just as a first impression , haven´t read all --- I can hardly find anything LII about you. Have you considered some other form of ST.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    just as a first impression , haven´t read all --- I can hardly find anything LII about you. Have you considered some other form of ST.
    Ah, I see. Well reading the WHOLE thread will definitely give you enough insight into my type, but needn't you worry, we're all pretty busy here.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ah, I see. Well reading the WHOLE thread will definitely give you enough insight into my type, but needn't you worry, we're all pretty busy here.
    Your reply has already struck me as LII. No offense, I just read the most insightful comments. I'm sure your following contributions will make your Ti Ne ( especially Ne) show in a totally blinding indisputable manner.

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say sure! The more - the merrier!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there, fellow.. dual? I've always preferred the phrase "less is more."
    Last edited by Park; 03-07-2014 at 01:01 AM.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Park - no more SLI?

And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Less might be more, but I always say that one head is good, two heads are better and three heads are just simply prettier! So, yes, I will stick with the more - the merrier!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't pretend you're sad (or perhaps I should say "not happy") about it, @applejacks.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fetornado View Post
    Less might be more, but I always say that one head is good, two heads are better and three heads are just simply prettier! So, yes, I will stick with the more - the merrier!
    I might as well let applejacks snatch me back to Delta, impromptu. Unless she agrees with you, that is.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as heads go, I do like being the head (or the brain, rather) in a relationship, but too many heads make me dizzy.

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might as well let applejacks snatch me back to Delta, impromptu. Unless she agrees with you, that is.
    sounds like a plan too! less is more!!!! Hehehe

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Park - you are always welcome in Delta!

And not happy or sad, just want you to find yourself!
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    And not happy or sad, just want you to find yourself!
    Don't we all...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ScarJo > smooth jazz > p0rn/socionics
    Last edited by Park; 03-07-2014 at 02:25 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell you what, ladies. I'm putting myself on auction. Highest bidder wins and gets to have me in their Quadra.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to top this offer, I'd say.

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell you what, ladies. I'm putting myself on auction. Highest bidder wins and gets to have me in their Quadra.
    sounds like a victim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast