Thread: I am an IJ temperament

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I am an IJ temperament

The question, when it comes to personal development, is what is holding me back in life and how I can improve myself. The biggest thing holding me back in life is the belief that I have to be perfect, make every decision be the right decision, and stand out so I can live a perfect, passionate life and people will like me as a result of that. This limiting notion has boxed me in, caused me to withdraw from people in real life, and has left me with feelings of inadequacy on the inside.

If I were to break out and live up to my potential, I'd actually take actions without psyching myself out about taking them.

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you changed typings? If not, how do you reconcile IEE with calling yourself IJ?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate... but in the end, the only sollution is to accept not always being perfect, experiment and just have fun while being chased by the deer.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Have you changed typings? If not, how do you reconcile IEE with calling yourself IJ?
    I changed it. Now I will see people's reactions

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Handi i think IEE's too can be reticent, yes they get excited by new prospects but they can also like to keep their options open and one motivating factor in this can be because they want things to be fairy tale perfect. You (to me) appear excitable in expressions of enjoyment and exclaim Fi judgement. Just my tuppence from limited video chat experience with you.

Edit: Why this thread?

Also do you really believe this?

I'll be requiring a convincer.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Key: you are looking for people's reactions. Which is something I don't do.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post
    The question, when it comes to personal development, is what is holding me back in life and how I can improve myself. The biggest thing holding me back in life is the belief that I have to be perfect, make every decision be the right decision, and stand out so I can live a perfect, passionate life and people will like me as a result of that. This limiting notion has boxed me in, caused me to withdraw from people in real life, and has left me with feelings of inadequacy on the inside.

If I were to break out and live up to my potential, I'd actually take actions without psyching myself out about taking them.
    What you are describing here, can also be attributed to non-Socionics factors. Perfectionism is not necessarily related to the IJ temperament, it can also be seen in irrationals from the Gamma and Delta quadra. E.g. if one is such a person with an inborn tendency to be perfectionistic, over-the-top praise by caretakers in childhood might actually instill a structural fear of failure in a person. Although such praise is well meant, it raises the bar in relation to performance expectations.

Not that you necessarily experienced such a childhood, it just serves as an example to show there are non-Socionics explanations for these things. Sometimes that's the annoying things about Socionics, things are often not that simple.

Perhaps this helps:

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...-i-am-iee.html
    Last edited by consentingadult; 01-05-2014 at 08:58 PM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    What you are describing here, can also be attributed to non-Socionics factors. Perfectionism is not necessarily related to the IJ temperament, it can also be seen in irrationals from the Gamma and Delta quadra. E.g. if one is such a person with an inborn tendency to be perfectionistic, over-the-top praise by caretakers in childhood might actually instill a structural fear of failure in a person. Although such praise is well meant, it raises the bar in relation to performance expectations.

Not that you necessarily experienced such a childhood, it just serves as an example to show there are non-Socionics explanations for these things. Sometimes that's the annoying things about Socionics, things are often not that simple.

Perhaps this helps:

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...-i-am-iee.html
    Why then do I choose to do nothing with my time and listen to the same music over and over again?

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post
    Why then do I choose to do nothing with my time and listen to the same music over and over again?
    It's impossible for me to tell just going by posts on a forum, that would be assumptious. Are you actually trying to say "Why do I procrastinate?"
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking