Thread: Gustave Flaubert

281 Post(s)
    3 Thread(s)

Default Gustave Flaubert

Gustave Flaubert - influential French writer widely considered one of the greatest novelists in Western literature -

“Be steady and well-ordered in your life so that you can be fierce and original in your work.”

“Do not read, as children do, to amuse yourself, or like the ambitious, for the purpose of instruction. No, read in order to live.”

“Pleasure is found first in anticipation, later in memory.”

“Writing is a dog’s life, but the only one worth living.”

“Everyone, either from modesty or egotism, hides away the best and most delicate of his soul’s possessions; to gain the esteem of others, we must only ever show our ugliest sides; this is how we keep ourselves on the common level”

“One can be the master of what one does, but never of what one feels.”

“There is no truth. There is only perception.”

“Stupidity lies in wanting to draw conclusions.”

“I don't believe that happiness is possible, but I think tranquility is.”

“The denigration of those we love always detaches us from them in some degree. Never touch your idols: the gilding will stick to your fingers.”

“As humanity perfects itself, man becomes degraded. When everything is reduced to the mere counter-balancing of economic interests, what room will there be for virtue? When Nature has been so subjugated that she has lost all her original forms, where will that leave the plastic arts? And so on. In the mean time, things are going to get very murky.”

“An infinity of passion can be contained in one minute, like a crowd in a small space.”

“It’s hard to communicate anything exactly and that’s why perfect relationships between people are difficult to find.”

“He had the vanity to believe men did not like him – while men simply did not know him.”

“He had carefully avoided her out of the natural cowardice that characterizes the stronger sex.”
    Last edited by silke; 01-07-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    All about dat heart, no trouble.
    86 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

ILI possibly, Romantic realist. Have read Madam Bovary not sure if any others though.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

LSI 5w6 sx/so
    144 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

likely a logical type