Thread: Frank Miller

Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Frank Miller

LSI

I wanted to bring up this writer as he's been mentioned in the chatbox recently.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the explications in this thread.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got him as LSI. As far as I'm concerned, about as perfect a representation of Beta quadra in art that can be found, and about as strictly far away from Delta as possible. Sin City is likely where his style shows itself the fullest, the artwork itself is almost absolutely exclusively black and white, in roughly equal amounts, without any grey whatsoever; no charcoal, no off-white, not the slightest saturation of color except in momentary, rare bursts of screaming raw hypersaturated color. As goes the artwork in the visual realm, so does the dialogue in the verbal realm. Everything feels as if it were deliberately boiled down to something as stark, direct, and striking as humanly possible. All of this stands in sharp relief (no shit) against the type of artwork in all mediums I found to be from Delta quadra.