Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What type is supremely arrogant?

TIM
    8w7 sx|so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What type is supremely arrogant?

^

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ME!
    Easy Day

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se dominants can be really aggravating with their arrogance, normally completely unfounded in real achievments.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti types can be arrogant in that they are RIGHT and MORE SMARTERtm than others....

Fi's can be secretly arrogant....

I think it's NTR, or rather, I think most types will have something resembling arrogance and some people from every type will be considered arrogant by others.

That said... I'm ILE and "you're arrogant" has been used to describe me a lot...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if people are most likely to find arrogance from types whose dominant function corresponds with their 7th function most aggravating. Or maybe PoLR.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrissey type.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Define please
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Se dominants can be really aggravating with their arrogance, normally completely unfounded in real achievments.
    I don't think arrogance is necessarily related to type, but this in particular is true. Te dominants usually need some solid objective proof of their competence to act arrogant (diplomas, position ...). When a Se dominant acts almighty but is still looking for a job, to say the least, I don't really see where they're coming from.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    MORE SMARTERTERtm

apparently LSE's are arrogant about misunderstanding jokes and than correcting them ^^

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE's are always right.

Last edited by Azure Flame; 01-04-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm very arrogant about my abilities. When I know I can do something well, I am very good about stating that in an obvious way...like saying "Look, I'm the queen of this!!!" that's being pretty arrogant. However, I'm a lamb when it comes to other things that people do so well. When I watch my SLE friends talk about having gone to all these wonderful places to see and dine I just, my jaw drops the the ground internally and I feel so much at a disadvantage. They are far more superior than I am in that respect and I feel humbled. I feel superior at staying home in a cozy couch...does that count? *Look, my arrogance is right back again*
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    I define arrogance as "claiming strength and power you don't actually have"
    Using this definition, I'd say Ne polrs come off as the most arrogant to me. They tend to make supremely confident, even absolute statements, but to me their viewpoint often seems miserably limited. A typical example would be judging people as "evil" or "good" based on a one-sided story of a relationship gone wrong; there's more to people and life and what the fuck are those words even supposed to mean?

Needless to say, there are plenty of exceptional individuals, but this is this is the archetype of XSI in my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

oh I DON'T claim to things I DON'T possess. That's lying.
    -

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I'm very arrogant about my abilities. When I know I can do something well, I am very good about stating that in an obvious way...like saying "Look, I'm the queen of this!!!" that's being pretty arrogant. However, I'm a lamb when it comes to other things that people do so well. When I watch my SLE friends talk about having gone to all these wonderful places to see and dine I just, my jaw drops the the ground internally and I feel so much at a disadvantage. They are far more superior than I am in that respect and I feel humbled. I feel superior at staying home in a cozy couch...does that count? *Look, my arrogance is right back again*
    oh. my. god.

If only you knew how many not so humble responses I get. I once posted a picture of me at a party with a sleeveless shirt with my guns showing. of course the hoard of ENTj's comes in and has to give their 2 pennies of "helpful" criticism. Needless to say they are unfriended and blocked shortly afterward.

When I post pictures of me with my guns showing, apparently I am arrogant and boasting. I once told my LSE dad, "I can't live life without taking some risks once in a while."

He then interprets this as "are you saying I'm a coward?" He then got offended and told me I need to be aware of the effect my words have on others... like I said something wrong. I love him to death but this is an example of the bullshit I have to deal with. My success is somehow "wrong" in the eyes of people I once considered to be my friends.

At this point my life has seemingly become this huge blatant boastful overcompensatory push to ruin the lives of everyone who tries to bring me down to their level. When I do something right and someone tries to pull me down, I get vindictive, and start doing it even harder until they have a stroke.

me: Let me program that excel, I'm really good.
    LSE: You are arrogant. Get out of the room. NOW!
    me: *argument starts* YOU'VE BEEN PROGRAMMING FOR 3 HOURS AND I CAN DO IT IN 10 MINUTES.
    LSE: OH YEAH HOT SHOT? PROVE IT!
    me: *proves it*
    *LSE now has a grudge and tells the boss I sit down too much in the office and have an attitude problem. I get fired 2 weeks later for being lackadaisical and having an attitude problem.*

Its a good thing I'm an entrepreneur now. Life is SO much better. Finally have some control over my life and who interacts with me.
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 01-04-2014 at 04:51 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

oh. my. god.

If only you knew how many not so humble responses I get. I once posted a picture of me at a party with a sleeveless shirt with my guns showing. of course the hoard of ENTj's comes in and has to give their 2 pennies of "helpful" criticism. Needless to say they are unfriended and blocked shortly afterward.

When I post pictures of me with my guns showing, apparently I am arrogant and boasting. I once told my LSE dad, "I can't live life without taking some risks once in a while."

He then interprets this as "are you saying I'm a coward?" He then got offended and told me I need to be aware of the effect my words have on others... like I said something wrong. I love him to death but this is an example of the bullshit I have to deal with. My success is somehow "wrong" in the eyes of people I once considered to be my friends.

At this point my life has seemingly become this huge blatant boastful overcompensatory push to ruin the lives of everyone who tries to bring me down to their level. When I do something right and someone tries to pull me down, I get vindictive, and start doing it even harder until they have a stroke.

me: Let me program that excel, I'm really good.
    LSE: You are arrogant. Get out of the room. NOW!
    me: *argument starts* YOU'VE BEEN PROGRAMMING FOR 3 HOURS AND I CAN DO IT IN 10 MINUTES.
    LSE: OH YEAH HOT SHOT? PROVE IT!
    me: *proves it*
    *LSE now has a grudge and tells the boss I sit down too much in the office and have an attitude problem. I get fired 2 weeks later for being lackadaisical and having an attitude problem.*

Its a good thing I'm an entrepreneur now. Life is SO much better.
    lol that sounds like a typical LSE...they can't understand it and empathize with it so the best way to deal with it is to get rid of it thinking that they will somehow also deal with the sensitive emotional responses that result within themselves because they can cut out people so fast, which isn't a healthy way of dealing with things, especially people.
    -

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol that sounds like a typical LSE...they can't understand it and empathize with it so the best way to deal with it is to get rid of it thinking that they will somehow also deal with the sensitive emotional responses that result within themselves because they can cut out people so fast, which isn't a healthy way of dealing with things, especially people.
    yeah. these idiots are the bane of my existence. They make awesome friends when they don't fucking act this way. And I'm still trying to teach myself how to be assertive again, because I was always trying not to offend people. This shit happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME. I've been speaking to another SLE lately who doesn't seem to have these problems. He just focuses on himself 100% of the time and ignores everyone else. lol. He's extremely self sufficient, and people seem to have a problem with him all the time even though he's minding his own business.

Being my genuine self feels like passing through a minefield. I've only recently realized that indestructibility is a choice. I was a tank in high school. I went to the military, got demoted to walking through the minefield on foot. I've recently upgraded myself back up to a hummer. I'm still trying to build the m1 abrams in my garage.
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 01-04-2014 at 05:08 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

yeah. these idiots are the bane of my existence. They make awesome friends when they don't fucking act this way. And I'm still trying to teach myself how to be assertive again, because I was always trying not to offend people. This shit happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME. I've been speaking to another SLE lately who doesn't seem to have these problems. He just focuses on himself 100% of the time and ignores everyone else. lol. He's extremely self sufficient, and people seem to have a problem with him all the time even though he's minding his own business.

Being my genuine self feels like passing through a minefield. I've only recently realized that indestructibility is a choice.
    yeah, they just want soft bunnies and nothing that will strike any sort of sensory extremes that may produce a sensitive emotional response to it. Just give them soft bunnies, soft fluffy white bunnies, with cuddly softness...that's all. LOL
    -

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, they just want soft bunnies and nothing that will strike any sort of sensory extremes that may produce a sensitive emotional response to it. Just give them soft bunnies, soft fluffy white bunnies, with cuddly softness...that's all. LOL
    Yeah Idunno what that means. Sounds like people need to suck it up and deal.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah Idunno what that means. Sounds like people need to suck it up and deal.
    like approaching them mildly and letting them watch you, instead of stating what you can do ask everything in questions

example:

you: I can do this
    the right way: Do you think it would be possible if I could try to do this?

ugh

what else...

stroke them on their face like a bunny, cuddle them hahahaha
    give them kisses

nothing that will come at them fast, would suggest any type of aggression, intended or otherwise, move like a ball of soft cotton being pushed gently by a moving wind not a tornado...is my shogun working?
    -

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being my genuine self feels like passing through a minefield. I've only recently realized that indestructibility is a choice. I was a tank in high school. I went to the military, got demoted to walking through the minefield on foot. I've recently upgraded myself back up to a hummer. I'm still trying to build the m1 abrams in my garage.
    no... There is deep rooted insecurity in you. That's what's annoying.

why try to prove that you could program faster?

Everything about out you makes me want to smash your false shell of masculine aggression and boastful attitude. I don't even think you're a sle! SEE fits better....

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post

Everything about out you makes me want to smash your false shell of masculine aggression and boastful attitude. I don't even think you're a sle! SEE fits better....
    I needed to program, because we had to stay at the office until the program was done, and I wanted to go home. We spent 3 unnecessary hours watching LSE program.

Hmm. False shell huh?

The funny part is, I don't even say anything that says I'm more masculine than anyone else, unless I'm blatantly joking about my own ego. Maybe you're seeing something that's actually there, and your own lack of self esteem is what's making you angry.

Btw do I know you? You sound like a miserable person.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I needed to program, because we had to stay at the office until the program was done, and I wanted to go home. We spent 3 unnecessary hours watching LSE program.

Hmm. False shell huh?

The funny part is, I don't even say anything that says I'm more masculine than anyone else, unless I'm blatantly joking about my own ego. Maybe you're seeing something that's actually there, and your own lack of self esteem is what's making you angry.

Btw do I know you? You sound miserable.
    If I knew you I'd sound miserable

im fine

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post
    Nah, SEEs aren't that much trying to prove their Se either. They are macho and all, but this reeks of Se HA to me. He is ENTj, I think, but not a very healthy one, as LIEs thend to make me feel as if I have to prove myself to them, and this guy doesn't. I rather pity him and want him well. Meaning you shouldn't give him shit for being in the shit. Just leave him alone. He'll come along, he still has the wish to, and if nothing else, that attitude proves that he tries... And the ones who seek shall find.
    Wait so lemme get this straight. I'm insecure because I don't want you to prove yourself to me?

what if I simply don't care about you? lol!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He's SLE

Because I'm the Queen of Socionics <---fits thread well
    -

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I knew you I'd sound miserable

im fine
    hmm... how clever.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just defended you. Take it or leave it.
    I'm not sure how that's defending me. You're wrong as hell.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I CLAIM THIS THREAD IN THE NAME OF ME.

*Pushes the ref*

*Takes trophy*

*Snorts*

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lol the arrogance hahaha
    -

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 01-04-2014 at 05:54 PM.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine. But you are a laughing stock on this forum, no matter how you are in real life, and me saying that out loud doesn't make it any more or less real, and it is not an attack, more an attempt to talk directly to you, so you open your eyes. I told Recufilnis to stop attacking you, cause I don't think you deserve shit for being a laughing stock. I think you deserve respect for being a human. I don't like how people in general, and on this forum in particular kick at people they perceive as weak. Just cause you are an easy target. You can learn from it, by becoming more real, or you can fight me. I don't care. But in the end, you'll know I tried to defend you. Just be real.
    I'm also the laughing stock of the entire internet.

The best part is I get paid 150 bucks a month for it.

You takin notes yet?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I get paid a lot more for doing something I like.
    lol very well. So do I.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 01-04-2014 at 06:12 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever type the "star-violinist" David Garrett is - that's the most arrogant type. I've met certain people with similar personalities who exude the same kind of natural arrogance.
    Don't know what type he is, but I didn't like him from the start, but so many people think he's the hottest guy on the planet... -_-
    I think, he's SEE. Not sure though.

Example video:

Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

that guy looks awfully ISTp
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's funny, thats always kind of been a dream of mine. An adult jungle gym/theme park. Maybe you can add the IEI wonderland expansion with some themeing and a pool/dance arena. A tampoline and foam pit would be nice too.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that guy looks awfully ISTp
    Well, I thought he was more of an Se-valuer, but I could be wrong.
    But he's definitely the master of arrogant facial expressions and playing the gallery:

Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    Well, I thought he was more of an Se-valuer, but I could be wrong.
    But he's definitely the master of arrogant facial expressions and playing the gallery:
    arrogance happens in different ways I think, especially after having read all these posts. He could be someone "self" involved. Many introverts pride themselves on their presence, like putting their self in the importance or the center of the world, whereas extraverts tend to watch more as to what people are thinking of them or who is in the spotlight. I do think this guy is extremely introverted ISTp
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He look's like a huge douche tool in that static still of the first vid (Garrett)

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol very well. So do I.
    This earns you some small respect. The gym is cool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast