Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Where to find ILEs

Where do they hang out most for their hobbies ? What careers do ILEs usually pursue, in what kind of jobs should one expect to run into them?

Banned
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can find us in the oddest of places. My hobbies can range from hiking to business to video games to playing board games with the family. Look for a person who is cautious emotionally, like they are holding back their emotions for fear of being judged. I'm especially attracted to SEI/SLI women.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

we r in ur kitchuns raidin ur cupboardz

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of them are behind a computer screen, checking this website!

The rest are obivously in a mental institution...

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know some ILE artists/performers. Very creative and extroverted, sometimes awkward - with a little vulnerability thrown in if you can see past the NeTi.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said before, I cannot go past a bookstore. abebooks is a favorite place of mine. Career: researcher, process engineer, engineering manager, troubled plants and projects manager, project manager, cattleman, management consultant. Activities: hunting, skiing, woodworking, golf, tennis, baseball, chess - many of which I am very good at, but tire of them when I can see how to be great.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COcowboy View Post
    As I said before, I cannot go past a bookstore. abebooks is a favorite place of mine. Career: researcher, process engineer, engineering manager, troubled plants and projects manager, project manager, cattleman, management consultant. Activities: hunting, skiing, woodworking, golf, tennis, baseball, chess - many of which I am very good at, but tire of them when I can see how to be great.
    Bolded part times 100! It's my basic bane, as soon as I find I understand something and I can see what the general "trick" is I tire and stop enjoying the activity.
    I quickly get to the point where i'm "above avarage" in any activity (almost instantly in cerebral activities, a bit slower with physical stuff and slowly and painfully with social skills) but I hate the time effort and boredom which comes with the last steps towards mastery!
    Thanks you for posting that, it was something i was only superficially aware of

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Bolded part times 100! It's my basic bane, as soon as I find I understand something and I can see what the general "trick" is I tire and stop enjoying the activity.
    I quickly get to the point where i'm "above avarage" in any activity (almost instantly in cerebral activities, a bit slower with physical stuff and slowly and painfully with social skills) but I hate the time effort and boredom which comes with the last steps towards mastery!
    Thanks you for posting that, it was something i was only superficially aware of
    Does it feel like you've already accomplished it in your head once you figured out how to accomplish it and thus you move on to sth else not to waste time on the final steps of an already "solved" riddle?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    Does it feel like you've already accomplished it in your head once you figured out how to accomplish it and thus you move on to sth else not to waste time on the final steps of an already "solved" riddle?
    Yup, perfectly put!

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Yup, perfectly put!
    Funny thing is what I wrote down is how I feel and I got a "vibe" from your previous post that you might feel the same way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    Once the problem is fully defined, then the path to solution is also defined. I surround myself with people to do that part. The energy of obsession/flow is exhausted once the riddle is solved. I have to switch to the next "riddle" associated with completion, and that is usually an indirect issue
    Last edited by COcowboy; 05-25-2014 at 02:56 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Choice of careers isn't type related however being perfectionists they do tend towards arts. Music, design, art.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Choice of careers isn't type related however being perfectionists they do tend towards arts. Music, design, art.
    Perfectionists?

If you're right than I denounce being ILE.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    "It isn't A. When it is A, it's X, Y and Z."
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reficulris, none of your jokes are funny. You make us ILEs look like weak-pathetic underlings. If you need help in the jokes department then come to my office and I'll give you one of my cards. You will then meet me in the back alley of the comedy club. There afterwards Im going to take you in the comedy club and have a field day with you as my partner on stage.

How does this proposition sound to you?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just go to a place where people are surfing the internet. The person with 10 open tabs on their browser is probably ILE. Everyone else thinks I'm crazy, but I just want to chase down all the info.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedMarquee View Post
    Just go to a place where people are surfing the internet. The person with 10 open tabs on their browser is probably ILE. Everyone else thinks I'm crazy, but I just want to chase down all the info.
    I relate to this. A lot actually.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I sometimes find the people who type as IEE (NF) seem morally manipulative, and you have never rubbed me that way. You seem more ILE to me if I base it on just that.

I don't know why the NF people seem manipulative, but after a while, at some point; I get the manipulative grating feeling.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    Yep. 10 tabs. If the browser's uptime is less than 5 minutes, then yes. 10 tabs is just... too organized.. too focused... too LII. I have 50 tabs open currently some days it is 100. I need more RAM 14 Gb is not enough... to run a browser.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Yep. 10 tabs. If the browser's uptime is less than 5 minutes, then yes. 10 tabs is just... too organized.. too focused... too LII. I have 50 tabs open currently some days it is 100. I need more RAM 14 Gb is not enough... to run a browser.
    Touche'!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My house.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Party at ApertureGrille's house!
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if my roommate is a good representation then it would be in his room on the computer for hours with noise-cancelling earbuds in. It's literally all he does. He will admit it too. He gets up around 11 and stays plugged in until 2 am (on average). Im going to go out on a limb and say he isn't the best representative of the type.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neuralia View Post
    if my roommate is a good representation then it would be in his room on the computer for hours with noise-cancelling earbuds in. It's literally all he does. He will admit it too. He gets up around 11 and stays plugged in until 2 am (on average). Im going to go out on a limb and say he isn't the best representative of the type.
    Lol that's what ILE's without friends do.
    Lmao. This sounds like me during my hermit-like, friendless periods.

Duality is magic.

but I feel like an ILE (or any other person) who hasn't gone through that wouldn't understand...

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From this description, I would think you were rooming with me.
    But my roommate isn't ILI.
    asdfgjkl;'abvjskdal;gnadso;

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he doesn't participate on forums, as far as I know. He just binges South Park, Futurama, random anime, and plays games for ungodly periods of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he doesn't participate on forums, as far as I know. He just binges South Park, Futurama, random anime, and plays games for ungodly periods of time.
    Your friend sounds like me. But I'm an ILI when I'm not wanting to socialize and an ILE when I am.

The critical thing is being engaged in a lot of things to keep the mind occupied, even if they aren't business ventures (I don't know why there's such a stereotypical focus on ENTp's being business savy, although I am good with saving and spending money properly.)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol that's what ILE's without friends do.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He doesn't really want friends or really seem to like people at all.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in school, at work, or at my house. Sometimes I hang out at work off-the-clock with another ILE friend of mine. I don't like leaving my house.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can find them anywhere. Three ILEs I know work or have worked in fast food. Some are engineers. Others in IT. They're musicians. Just go out, meet people, and look around. Some are really into anime, manga, techy shit, nerdy shit, card games (Magic, Yugioh, etc). Others are into cars and modifying machines with their own hands. Some are more into the humanities, might be college professors or teaching in public education. I think technology is an area of interest many go towards, though.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am retarded at saving money. List of things I do or have done:
    -magic card game in bars
    -video games (extensively before I stopped being socially awkward)
    -guitar
    -learning Spanish
    -learning social theory like socionics
    -watching lots of media to escape into adventure

I've known very few other ILE or alpha for that matter but things they do for work:
    -bartender
    -owner of a pizza shop

My jobs:
    -fast food
    -restaurant
    -retail
    -movie premiere manager
    -event promotions

Things that others may notice:
    -I'm spaced out as fuck but more observant than everyone else.
    -I suck at fashion, may be a disaster
    -friend says I have an agitated homeless man walk, but it adds to my presence, in a good way like Johnny Depp.
    -Despite the extroversion, I'm personally very introverted.

TIM
    ESFj E6 W9 TRI 420
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your dreams obviously we are just that great

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5dolladogsoup View Post
    your dreams obviously we are just that great
    i dream about a dinosaur last night n also a toaster n mb those guys were ILE??? But they kept sayin "RAAAWWWRR IM ISFP!!!!!!"

Mb dey were mistyped???

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

TIM
    ESFj E6 W9 TRI 420
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting you dont remember me from your dream do you well they say that we forget most the stuff we dream about it just boggles my mind how you could possibly forget me unless...

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILEs and IEEs have a natural ability to trouble shoot stuff, look for activities or professions that require such skills. I know ILE plumbers, electricians, mechanics, computer programmers (male) and medics, teachers (women). My sister is ILE and works on marketing as a model or general staff.

I don't think it's difficult to find members of any type if you truly understand the theory and make an effort to observe people.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make up a story about being a student and go raid some clubs. The comp sci club picked up an ILE, and I'm pretty sure the cross discipline club is co-headed by an ILE.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oh I asked this Q. Because I only know one ILE irl. We met by chance during a lit national contest and stayed friends. She used to be very active in a debate club when she was a student. That was her main hobby. Later she wanted to be a member of the Rotary.
    And there was a guy for whom I had this in mind as a possible type because his ideas exuded Ne. Just that he was writing about Pain and Sentimentality in American culture and that didn´t seem very fi polr lol.

TIM
    ILE - 9w8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, being an ILE, I got to say that it's kind of hard to specify a place where to specifically find "us".

From my own perspective, I hang around whatever I consider to be a problem/challenge. Anything that needs figuring out.
    Now, the problem with this, is that anything can be framed into a challenge or turned into an angle where you can figure things out. So we could literally be anywhere...hell, only thing that has actually been a constant in my life is games. (And with gamification on the rise, anything can literally become a game.)

My educated - and somewhat biased - guess is that one would want to look for someone that has a lot of interests. Someone who does activites which may not have an obvious connection to eachother.
    The ILEs I've met so far, we have not actually had any experiences in common. What we seem to have shared has actually been something abstract; the curiosity of figuring things out - finding a way outside the box. So this has actually lead me to ask another question, in terms of recognizing the different types;

Could type recognition depend on your own type and the intertype relations?
    It is clear that the different quadras exhibit different general perceptions and common behaviours, regardless of your own quadra. However, when it comes to identifying a specific type, I have so far had to experience the person and their interactions, in order to be able to create a model. (As I suspect this is affected by which traits the observer values and the observed exhibits.)

Am I way off? Is there some way to shorten this further?

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE 1:

Works as a firefighter and he volunteers at Motocross races out in the desert on weekends as an EMT. Also likes to regularly drink beer with friends that look like mountain men, preferably outdoors. Watches a lot of youtube videos about fire. Can be found at parties putting soft core porn on the TV in the background, and doing other various sneaky acts to try to make people uncomfortable.

ILE 2:

Karate was a huge part of his life for many years but I don't think he participates in this anymore. He was a blackbelt and regularly went to competitions. He was in drama during high school, so that took up a huge part of his life. Often does stuff like driving to the beach with friends in the middle of the night. Wherever he is, he's making a new friend and laughing.

ILE 3:

Went to Drama school for a year, did especially well in Comedy & Improv. Goes to Comic Con yearly. Attends Renaissance Faires. Likes to read tarot cards to his friends. Plays D&D all the time. Mostly hangs out with his girlfriend.

ILE 4:

Journalist, gets to travel and meet interesting people as a job. Regularly attends football games. Plays in a bluegrass band. Hosts a sports radio show on the weekends.

Aw, I love ILEs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast