View Poll Results: On average, how often do you shower?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than once per day

3 9.68%
  • Religiously once per day

13 41.94%
  • 5 or 6 times per week

7 22.58%
  • Every other day

4 12.90%
  • A couple times per week

4 12.90%
  • Every 5 to 7 days

0 0%
  • Every 7 to 14 days

0 0%
  • Less than once every two weeks

0 0%

Thread: How often do you bathe?

Hybrid View

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How often do you bathe?

While this forum may not be a good sampling of the general population, this is something I'm curious about. Assume shower means bathe (so baths would could).

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

LESS THAN ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. I've gone through a few really depressive patches where I suddenly "wake up" and realize that I was a zombie for a couple of weeks. When that happens, I can't even remember the last timei showered. That hasn't happened in years though. Hmm, I wonder what causes that.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and my skin gets dry very easily (and when that happens I break out) if I shower more often than every 2 to 3 days and don't use tons of lotion/moisturizer.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my timeline:

Day 1: Shower. Hair is wet for literally 8 hours most of the time. Could blow dry it, but that takes like 20 minutes and I was already pushing my luck to leave the baby in her swing or napping for the 20+ minutes it took to shower. Even after my hair is dry it's not looking it's best because it's not smoothed down.
    Day 2: This is my best hair day. I'm not greasy or stinky at all. The only time I'll shower on this day is if I got messy somehow or if I'm trying to shave everyday. It doesn't happen that often.
    Day 3: My hair still looks fine anywhere other people can see it, though sometimes if I look at the bottom layers I can tell it's been a couple of days since my last shower. Usually my hair is still totally fine though. I'm still not stinky in the least unless I've been out working up a sweat somewhere. If I have social plans for that night, am planning to get laid, or happen to have a good opportunity, I'll shower that day. If it doesn't work out I don't worry about it.
    Day 4: If I didn't shower on Day 3 my hair might be starting to look like I need a shower, but I still don't stink at all unless, like I said, I've been out working up a sweat. I try to shower if at all possible, but occasionally it doesn't work out due to the baby having a fussy day or something of the like. If I have to go out to the grocery store or whatever and my hair is starting to look bad (which is probably about a 50/50 chance) I'll wear a hat. I'm still unwilling to shower at night on this day even if it's my only opportunity because I hate sleeping with wet hair.
    Day 5: If it's been just over half a week since I last showered, I'll make sure it happens this day even it it means the baby's going to cry through half of my shower. I still don't stink, but I know I'll feel a lot better once I'm fresh and clean.

I guess I'm just not a very stinky or greasy person. I don't even need wear deodorant unless it's summer and I'm working or spending time outside. There's this sheet set that got greasy from one use every single time I had friends sleep on it (even when I knew for a fact that they'd showered earlier that day) but never once got grease marks on it from me even when I slept on it for weeks. Weird, right?

So yeah... I probably take 2 showers a week on average right now. I'm sure it'll be more again once I'm working more and don't have a little baby to care for.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i don't think i stink often either. most of the time i only shower because otherwise you can tell by the state of my hair that it hasn't been washed, or i'm just in the mood to shower or lie in a bath with a book. but by the time you can smell yourself you're past the point where other people can smell you.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    but by the time you can smell yourself you're past the point where other people can smell you.
    I think for some people this is true since you get used to smells that you're always around, but for me when I say I stink and need a shower I've had other people laugh at me and tell me I don't stink at all. I've got a really sensitive nose though. One of the more annoying parts of being pregnant was that my sense of smell went from being very sensitive to super human power levels. I could tell that the person standing six feet away hadn't brushed his teeth yet today. IT WAS AWFUL. lol

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Usually every day, sometimes I may skip a day.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    While this forum may not be a good sampling of the general population, this is something I'm curious about.
    The more I think about it, the more my birth club (the moms who were due the same month I was) in my pregnancy/baby forum would probably be a better place to ask this. I know having a five month old definitely affects my bathing habits. I take more baths than I used to (because I bathe with her sometimes) and don't bathe as often as I otherwise would.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man. I would feel so scummy if I only had two showers a week. I shower daily. When I have an actual bathtub I sometimes have three or four baths a day.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every day. No exceptions.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally twice every day. Once before uni, once after.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha!
    I thought this said "How often do you breath?" at first and was super shocked to see people voting for anything besides the first option.

Anyways, I bathe every night. If I don't I can't find peace of mind when going to bed and feel disgusting the entirety of the next day.

TIM
    9w1, sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shower every morning. But my hair is extremely dry and extremely curly so it can go a full week without getting a wash. Washing my hair too often dries it out and it will break off.

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I try to shower as often as I'm able because I have an absolutely terrible sense of smell and am liable to start stinking without noticing. This usually amounts to about 5 times a week. It's a nice bonus I don't sweat much at all.

Oh and like mentioned above I try not to overwash my hair. Go easy on the shampoo and all.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wrap my mind around not showering every day. I just can't. Good hygiene is the number one thing I don't joke about. You guys..come on please...we can't smell ourselves, don't let the fact that you don't think you smell be the reason you don't shower. I had this one roommate who showered like twice a week AND was sexually active. I can only imagine how disgusting that must've been for her partner.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyday unless I'd just been camping.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dry skin does produce more oil. I don't think oily skin produces less oil than the same skin when it's clean and healthy though. Also, he didn't say he doesn't wash it. He said he doesn't shampoo it. I think it's different for him though because he's got short hair. There's no way I could get away with not using shampoo and conditioner as I have long and very thick hair.
    SEE

i do my hair every other day and shower 2 times a day but i want to reduce it or just use less hot water bcuz they say it makes stuff sag easier lel

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

washing doesn't really remove bacteria off your skin it just moves it around...for all those who think they are eliminating life form from your skin by rubbing soap and water on it, you're wrong...in fact, if I gave you special glassess to look at the surface of your skin, you may never be able to live with yourself ever again

washing your skin isn't great for it either

that said, I have to wash the dirt off every day because I live in a dirty city...LA is smoggy and there's lot's of dirt in the air...ew...other than that if I lived in a clean city I wouldn't shower.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some bacteria is good for you, they fight agaisnt disease. and some sebum helps keep the skin healthy. i usually bath daily, might skip a day if I'm not going out and feel clean(haven't been sweating much), or might shower twice if I feel icky or have been sweating alot

busing a wash cloth or sponge is good especially if you live with other family members(hygeinge purposes, I rather prefer one bar of soap to myself)..helps scrub off the dirt more complelty then just soap

I have semi long hair right now,locks..and kinky black hair so I can't wash it often or else my hair will break from being too dry/fragile
    from lack of moisture..it stays clean anyways since I usually wear a scarf or something to not get it lookign rough and dirty
    Last edited by Leader; 01-10-2014 at 05:40 AM.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daily, most of the time in the morning, because I quickly feel dirty and oily. Whenever I have to wake up early I shower the night before.

It's rare that I take a shower in the afternoon. Usually, if I don't take a shower early in the day I don't shower at all. Very infrequently, specially when I'm obsessed about something, I can go a full day or even two without showering.

What I do frequently is to wash my hands as I dislike the feeling of being contaminated by anything, be it a chemical substance, raw food, dirt, etc. I think I do it at least 20-30 times a day as it's not something I'm careless about.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Shower every day. Witch Hazel wipes throughout the day to feel clean. Hair 2-4 times a week. It is a chore because it long and dyed red and I hate it fading. I freshen it everyday with some kind of mist.

I have a water allergy, so I have to heavily medicate myself with vistaril and neurontin an hour and a half before. Then I am high as hell and ready to jump in the shower.

"Aquagenic pruritus is a skin condition characterized by the development of severe, intense, prickling-like epidermal itching that is without observable skin lesions and that is evoked by contact with water.[1][2]"

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least once a day. I put once but it's often twice. I can't go to sleep unless I'm clean, so always before bed, but often in the morning as well.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just remembered a topic I posted a while back about showering: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-take-a-shower And while I was searching for it, I found this topic: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post126102

Anyways, since I originally posted this topic I've been taking advantage of this baby activity center called a jumparoo. I don't like to have her in it that much because I worry about unbalanced muscle development, but it has given me the opportunity to shower more often. I still only wash my hair about two or three times a week, but I shower probably about 5 days a week now. And she loves it!

SEE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I just remembered a topic I posted a while back about showering: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-take-a-shower And while I was searching for it, I found this topic: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post126102

Anyways, since I originally posted this topic I've been taking advantage of this baby activity center called a jumparoo. I don't like to have her in it that much because I worry about unbalanced muscle development, but it has given me the opportunity to shower more often. I still only wash my hair about two or three times a week, but I shower probably about 5 days a week now. And she loves it!

She is so incredibly cute, Joy!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Every day, mostly. I have to because I work out.

I try to only wash my hair 3 or 4 times a week because over washing your hair is really bad for it... though, it's hard not to wash your hair after the gym and lately I've been unusually oily and I haven't been able to get away with that.

I envy those with dry hair/skin
    Would this stuff be a good solution for you? http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/g.../p152202/page1
    SEE