• I don't know

3 37.50%

Thread: A Flow Chart for Life

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Default A Flow Chart for Life

Could it really be this simple? Explain your answer.

I posted this in Philosophy because of the looming philosophical undertones surrounding everything about life. On the other hand, you could take this infographic to be the simple and good advice that it is.

TIM
    9w1, sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish it were that simple, but I think the problem is in the "change something," and the subjective nature of "good." What if you don't know what to change to make life good? And what is "good"? Good is so relative and it can change on a whim. It's like asking if someone is happy, I suppose.

Not to knock your graph, at all - but life to me is neither good nor bad; it just is...and sometimes change won't make things good.

I think it would be better to ask, "Do You Feel Apathetic" because then everything you've posted would work.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, the Flowchart is missing an arrow from 'good' back to 'is life good?' because everything doesn't stop at good; things keep changing, which is the tricky part.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olivetti View Post
    I wish it were that simple, but I think the problem is in the "change something," and the subjective nature of "good." What if you don't know what to change to make life good? And what is "good"? Good is so relative and it can change on a whim. It's like asking if someone is happy, I suppose.

Not to knock your graph, at all - but life to me is neither good nor bad; it just is...and sometimes change won't make things good.

I think it would be better to ask, "Do You Feel Apathetic" because then everything you've posted would work.
    Plants are good.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post

Could it really be this simple? Explain your answer.

I posted this in Philosophy because of the looming philosophical undertones surrounding everything about life. On the other hand, you could take this infographic to be the simple and good advice that it is.
    Spoken like a true SLI ...

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    9w1, sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rat1 View Post
    Plants are good.
    Wellll...unless you're a fly, and the plant is a Venus Flytrap. Then,,,well, it's good for the plant! xD

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olivetti View Post
    Wellll...unless you're a fly, and the plant is a Venus Flytrap. Then,,,well, it's good for the plant! xD
    unless you are a suicidal fly who has seen all his brothers die and you're the last remaining one of the family, and you simply want to be eaten by a venus fly trap.

TIM
    9w1, sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rat1 View Post
    unless you are a suicidal fly who has seen all his brothers die and you're the last remaining one of the family, and you simply want to be eaten by a venus fly trap.
    ROFL! Well said. *Bows.* All in the eye of the bee-holder.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God. They made me do a 5 year ishikawa diagram once. It's pointless!!!!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer this flow chart:

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get flow charts.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GET OFF THE COMPUTER FUCKHEADS

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

of course its not that simple, but if it helps motivate you then its useful, sure. i don't think it works as a coherent philosophy of life or anything. its just true enough to make a certain point.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just because you change something doesn't mean something will get better, maybe it was actually more a type of thing of you just accepting some immortal truth that will always be here so when thought about logically it doesn't work too well. However, it's on the right track.

The best advice I ever got in life to handle life's many emotional struggle moments and times where you just want the world to eat you whole is this: Be a river. Not a lake. A lake will absorb everything in and sink heavily into the ocean. Dead and heavy and buried... they will just drown. It doesn't mean you have to try to make something different happen (because realistically things aren't going to get better with one good decision), it just means you have to allow and accept when it does. (and yes sometimes it does go from good to bad but it also goes from bad to good... it's a rushing energy feeling of everything.)

A river flows fast and understands everything changes. You feel like shit today? Well you won't always feel like shit. You won't always be down. It's just how you are in the moment, it changes... but you can't see that if you just sink deeper into it you know. If you think it defines you or 'who you are' then that's sorta the path of ego/self-hatred. And self-hatred is where all evil things lurk in the brain.

It works the other way around too: When you feel like crap it's just a lesson that you shouldn't have attached too much to a good feeling. It's natural to try to hold onto the good as much as the bad... but either way you just sink. So it's a trap, to hug something and hold it too tightly. (I had a porcelain doll... I held onto it so tightly but when it broke I swore I'd never hold onto anything so tightly again. Don't let to go to your head.)

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the complexity starts from the "change something" bubble.

1) what thing?
    2) how and when to change?

We need to has new flowchart for that bubble

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chart would be better if it displayed that no matter what evaluation one makes, the change comes of its own accord.

TIM
    ILI 5w6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defining "good" and "bad" is mostly subjective. Changing something "bad" often requires a period of feeling uncomfortable where one could get into "bad" habits to cope. Depends on how long the change takes, but for the most part I like this and tend to follow it in my mind.
    ILI 5w6