Thread: Gamma Caring and Gamma Childlike

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma Caring and Gamma Childlike

This is indeed a controversial thread since it clashes with traditional romance type distinctions. I am aware some of you believe that there aren't such things and probably see such types as mistyped alphas. I understand and I'm not willing to argue that so don't bother please.

Anyway I'm part of the gammas with more alpha orientated values, inspite of that the quadra values don't seem to work since my personality traits can't quite be confined to a theory. Inspite of this, the reason why I diagnose as gamma ILI is because when investigating core dichotomies behind information elements; I found myself being more Introverted Irrational . And to explain that a bit more I've learnt to understand extroversion and introversion itself as being more about whether an individual has a theme colouring their comprehension, introversion, or whether they simply assimilate information without a preset theme, extroversion. Secondly irrationality took me time to understand as being about a rhythm of processing information which I've found out from talking to people whose rationality preference is different from mine; it results in that disorientating feeling gulenko talks about. By the way SEI just doesn't make sense as typing for obvious reasons really, even if they aren't obvious to you guys; I can't be LII or ILE.

I subscribe to Gulenko's energomodel which has my strongest and most influential functions as Ni Ti which I find to be stronger than the quadra values, plus Se Fe is what I expect from my dual. This all make sense from the energomodel but not classical socionics, plus it complicates ideas of conflict and duality; but that is what I've found consistent and the romanticizing of duality and antagonism of conflict relations seem off in real life as I study real people; at times it seems random as to the people I find myself getting along with or clashing with. Its not much of secret that personality traits are more complex than the model socionics provides.

GAMMA Caregivers
    GAMMA caregivers are SEE and ESI I've found to be more gentle and warm being interested in providing a positive atmosphere. They are less interested in power and politics, so the general Quadra values gammas are suppose to have are quite bewildering. Nevertheless as we live in the real world, conflicts are unavoidable yet they fight for the values they believe in and don't simply stand to be walked over. They don't like imposed power and politics, preferring a relaxed inclusive atmosphere. Nevertheless I know there are SEE and ESI with the traditional GAMMA quadra values ( and mutually SEI and ESE with those) from what I find, whilst we share information compatibility, the life values I have are different from theirs. The idea of romanticizing duality and activation doesn't work. Again people are really diverse so this shouldn't seem unsurprising.

GAMMA Infantiles
    GAMMA infantiles are ILI and LIE who I've found to be more light hearted and inquisitive. Whilst GAMMA victims are more reserved driven by their respective agendas... There is a lot more to say about this but my mind has gone numb at the moment..., nevertheless, I've seen gamma victims and I get along with them just fine, plus also I quite enjoy the information rhythm compatibility with victim ILIs, yet they quite strange to me.
    Last edited by Soupman; 12-25-2013 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Dyslexic I can't see my own errors

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Read this instead.

I still completely think you're Alpha NT, to be honest.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Childlike Types: ENTp (ILE) INTj (LII)

These types seem to exist outside their own sexuality. Sex is to be metabolized psychologically for them in an almost roundabout way - as an emotional entity, or possibly even an intellectual exercise. In a partner, they are looking for someone who will deal with (and protect) their quirks and understand their sexuality on the same intellectual/emotional level.
    I generally like the description above but my personality isn't limited to that which is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Psuedo-Aggressors/Employees: LIE (ENTj) ILI (INTp)

These are types who exhibit aggressive tendencies in their everyday life, and as a result tend to carry over these notions and temperaments into their romantic life. They typically are not comfortable with connotations of the word "victim" - implying a certain weakness, effeteness, and lack of dignity. In searching for a partner, they are looking for a worthy someone who is strong enough to withstand their quirks without "breaking" so to speak.

I wouldn't quite describe myself as aggressive at all but I can be energetic and full of life as well as be willing to defend my interests. Even though I don't like ''power'', I understand it utility and I'm willing to use it to advance my interests. Also at times psuedo aggressor can work in the sense that like Heisenberg (Walter White), if it has to happen I can dominate my partner till they accept my values, yet I don't want to be with a pushover they'll require more effort to maintain. Yet I feel like this comparison doesn't make sense, its like I'm talking out of my arse.
    Last edited by Soupman; 12-25-2013 at 06:46 PM.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Read this instead.

He is 100% dialectical-algorithmic and totally an introvert. Thus only SEI and ILI are possible. He seems too ponderously thoughtful to be an SEI. I am fine with ILI for him.

However, I do believe that the infantile/victim thing is about Romance, not about being lighthearted and inquisitive. An infantile flirts and makes love in a manner that seems to fail to grasp the gravity of the situation, an infantile will talk all the way through sex and might forget to ram home some torpedoes.
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 12-24-2013 at 10:37 PM.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Read this instead.

I'm amused by the use of a still from Breathless on that article. haha

I don't put much stock in socionics, but psuedo-aggressor is actually pretty spot on for me.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    However, I do believe that the infantile/victim thing is about Romance, not about being lighthearted and inquisitive. An infantile flirts and makes love in a manner that seems to fail to grasp the gravity of the situation, an infantile will talk all the way through sex and might forget to ram home some torpedoes.
    ;p is this what you do?

From the ESI description: "They are won over by indirect acts of submission, and are thrilled when their love interest (in the case of the "psuedo-aggressor" type) acts unlike himself. In a partner, they are looking for their equal - someone whose solid facade they can break down piece by piece."

this..is pretty true for moi.

@Soupman, why have you tossed out LII? seems reasonable imo.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh HI

The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can refine the terms a thousand times to account for any kind of specific variation in people, sure. Whether this is useful or not...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think what you're describing is the dynamic between a quadra's NTs and SFs. The SFs naturally are more practical (S) and feelings oriented..the NTs less, and they fit together nicely; however, I think the romance styles make sense and go further than this. I HAVE noticed, to my great surprise, since I often saw myself as distant and easygoing, that (when I'm interacting with my INFj and ISFj relatives) I experience this strong aversion to their modes' or actions' 'inefficacious or superfluous' (I know it's a bias. I'm just trying to convey the internal experience of it) qualities, and I find them showing our Fi vs Te encounter...? (just a pause and sad eyes but willingness to let me have my 'order') I didn't realize how assertive I am about stuff like this.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by facebook message to gulenko
    GAMMAs with ALPHA values

I seem more like a GAMMA infantile and I seek GAMMA caregivers; I've noticed that I don't like GAMMA aggressors as I've made enemies with a class mate at university who is like that; whilst I find SEE aggressors to have a compatible information rhythm, which makes it easy for me to be suggestive towards their ''Time'' function, I don't like their power play which doesn't create a comfortable environment for me. As a result I remain distant towards them. They also don't like my desire for a intellectual and emotional connection, and don't understand how I'm receptive to warm gentle people who create a positive atmosphere.
    @Saberstorm @blackburry @the16types

This is a message I sent to Gulenko, by a friend recently, so still waiting for a reply

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    ;
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm
    p is this what you do?

From the ESI description: "They are won over by indirect acts of submission, and are thrilled when their love interest (in the case of the "psuedo-aggressor" type) acts unlike himself. In a partner, they are looking for their equal - someone whose solid facade they can break down piece by piece."

this..is pretty true for moi.

@Soupman, why have you tossed out LII? seems reasonable imo.
    I'm irrational intuitive and introverted, I understand what introversion and extroversion is, as well as, rationality and irrationality plus intuition and sensing. I don't have any prejudices preventing me from typing as SEI, ILE or LII, its just simply that those types are in conflict with me being irrational intuitive and introverted. Sorry for the rambling which din't make sense fully in the OP,

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    He is 100% dialectical-algorithmic and totally an introvert. Thus only SEI and ILI are possible. He seems too ponderously thoughtful to be an SEI. I am fine with ILI for him.

I like the description you gave there

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    I'm amused by the use of a still from Breathless on that article. haha

I don't put much stock in socionics, but psuedo-aggressor is actually pretty spot on for me.
    You have feisty aggressive side yet paradoxically as well as a very gentle side too.