Thread: Do duals have similar interests?

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do duals have similar interests?

I was pondering some time ago about couples having "similar interests" and they sort of *click*. I wonder if duals share the same interests as you, mind you, they probably don't since they are* a different type. Then how do we click then if not for similar interests? Or will we even have similar interests? Or maybe it's a thing where the couples have to be accepting and like just compromise i guess? Find something they have in common/ or make it so they have a common ground? Eh i dunno. Oh ya sorry for long post, lack of Ti

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.socionics.us/practice/ego.shtml
    This explains it far better than I could.

Essentially, your duel will attempt to use his super-id functions to answer a problem but not be very good at it and then will prompt you for help. If you can answer the question in a satisfying way, your duel will come to you more increasingly for help with those problems.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ReiLingBaz View Post
    I was pondering some time ago about couples having "similar interests" and they sort of *click*. I wonder if duals share the same interests as you, mind you, they probably don't since they are* a different type. Then how do we click then if not for similar interests? Or will we even have similar interests? Or maybe it's a thing where the couples have to be accepting and like just compromise i guess? Find something they have in common/ or make it so they have a common ground? Eh i dunno. Oh ya sorry for long post, lack of Ti
    No, I do think some duals share similar interests, definitely! For IEI and SLE it might be music or art, just looking at those things from different angles/perspectives. Don't give up!!

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, duals are some of the best people to introduce you to new interests!

I never heard the 'don't date in high school' thing, or if I did, I ignored it. High school relationships are great as long as you don't expect them to last forever.

Don't worry about judging whether people are 'mature' per se. Just see if you relate to the way they think and act, and that stuff will work itself out. Cheesy, but I'll say it anyway: just follow your heart. :wink:

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limNol View Post
    Also, duals are some of the best people to introduce you to new interests!

I never heard the 'don't date in high school' thing, or if I did, I ignored it. High school relationships are great as long as you don't expect them to last forever.

Don't worry about judging whether people are 'mature' per se. Just see if you relate to the way they think and act, and that stuff will work itself out. Cheesy, but I'll say it anyway: just follow your heart. :wink:
    Quite frankly, it's an asian thing and christian thing at my church. "Da Yellow Sea" if you know what i mean. Don't date in highschool, why? go get good marks and become a doctor ya? Ever heard that from an asian parent? Then they start complaining, "where is my grandchildren?" Lol. Thanks for your advice

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No, duals don't often share the same interests. Activities and conflictors most often share similar interests as well as benefit relations. This is why, when counseling people in helping them find their match, I tell them not to make interests a priority for looking to be with someone or meeting the right person. I have met a few dual pairs who took the same classes in college, but that's not "interest"; I would call that a study. Usually, extraverts are more objective, outside oriented with activity, or pull to do activities; an example, some SEE will volunteer but garden at home, while ILI will take gardening as a hobby, but hardly go out to volunteer....there they missed each other even though they like the same thing, one does the activity in private the other more of an external thing.

When looking for a dual don't look to meet them at your hobby, unless you take your hobby and incorporate it in a different sphere of life. For example. I love to hike, but being a low willed person and naturally having low energy, I rarely go hiking at a time where I can meet a dual. An added disadvantage to me is that when my duals go hiking, they focus on that singular activity, being naturally extraverted and one tracked kinda thinkers; so, the chances of me getting a dual to talk to me in one of their activities is rare if not impossible. The best way for me to meet and marry a dual is to be set up on a date, where the activity is a date, hence a singular activity concentrating on one thing. Exhausting
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    no kids! two cats and a dog. they run a business and that takes all their time and energy. But they love it. It was a conscious decision on their part.
    Ooo that's very goodly, Yaa thats iz good

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    No, duals don't often share the same interests. Activities and conflictors most often share similar interests as well as benefit relations. This is why, when counseling people in helping them find their match, I tell them not to make interests a priority for looking to be with someone or meeting the right person. I have met a few dual pairs who took the same classes in college, but that's not "interest"; I would call that a study. Usually, extraverts are more objective, outside oriented with activity, or pull to do activities; an example, some SEE will volunteer but garden at home, while ILI will take gardening as a hobby, but hardly go out to volunteer....there they missed each other even though they like the same thing, one does the activity in private the other more of an external thing.

When looking for a dual don't look to meet them at your hobby, unless you take your hobby and incorporate it in a different sphere of life. For example. I love to hike, but being a low willed person and naturally having low energy, I rarely go hiking at a time where I can meet a dual. An added disadvantage to me is that when my duals go hiking, they focus on that singular activity, being naturally extraverted and one tracked kinda thinkers; so, the chances of me getting a dual to talk to me in one of their activities is rare if not impossible. The best way for me to meet and marry a dual is to be set up on a date, where the activity is a date, hence a singular activity concentrating on one thing. Exhausting
    There's a thing with LSI girls and movies, they love it a lot. I'm sure most Ti subtypes do, although not quite sure. They like to watch it at home =.=, whereas i'll probably go out and stay home at the same time. I wonder how hard it will be to find a Ti-LSI when they don't go out much . And then there's the Se subtype... Question about being Dualised:

Say there is an ENFJ and ISTJ couple who are apprently dualised, so then what happens when one of these duals meet another dual? Like a co-worker or something. What might happen? They'll get along better ya? What else? Being dualised is only between you and your partner right? Is it possible that the dualised ENFJ can know what other ISTJ's want without them saying anything?

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, even to this day i feel like there's such a big difference between us duals. I'm sure that maturity in oneself and others plays a big part in developing these views. Just that i haven't got the time to even interact with a dual let alone thought positively about them for a while. That dual that i previously had contact with, he really had some issue's in the past. Dating 2 guys in elementary which lead to no where and lead her to believe that "she doesn't need a guy". Such linear thinking =.=, i guess at the age 17-18, LSI's don't focus too much on improving oneself...they find nothing wrong with themselves.

It's so silly how when that girl says "I'm not going to change myself for a guy", parts of it is true. Define Change, how i define change is picture like this. You have a ball of dirt, you roll that shit down a hill and you become a bigger ball of dirt, but this time you have grass and plants growing all over. You're still the same piece of dirt but you're also quite different. Comparing this to improving oneself, it just means that you better yourself and not replace what you originally thrown down the hill. I really wish i can nail this into some people's heads when change* is not to disassemble your personality and put it back together but it's adding more things to make u more round rather than a frigging square. (Sorry for my rambling, haven't posted for a while).

It's quite sad that all these factors can ruin a potential relationship, it's unbearable to face reality sometimes =.=. I really hope i can find a mature dual who would want me as much as i want her. Over the summer I'm planning to do a little more reading in socionics as well as prepare for university. That way my chances of finding my dual would be quick and painless.

P.S, I need some help to reconfirm a few questions i have. Maritsa i think you might be able to help me on Extra/Introversion.

Q: Which LSI-subtype would be more suited for a Fe-EIE? I've gotten a mix of answer so ima confused

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, even to this day i feel like there's such a big difference between us duals. I'm sure that maturity in oneself and others plays a big part in developing these views. Just that i haven't got the time to even interact with a dual let alone thought positively about them for a while. That dual that i previously had contact with, he really had some issue's in the past. Dating 2 guys in elementary which lead to no where and lead her to believe that "she doesn't need a guy". Such linear thinking =.=, i guess at the age 17-18, LSI's don't focus too much on improving oneself...they find nothing wrong with themselves.

It's so silly how when that girl says "I'm not going to change myself for a guy", parts of it is true. Define Change, how i define change is picture like this. You have a ball of dirt, you roll that shit down a hill and you become a bigger ball of dirt, but this time you have grass and plants growing all over. You're still the same piece of dirt but you're also quite different. Comparing this to improving oneself, it just means that you better yourself and not replace what you originally thrown down the hill. I really wish i can nail this into some people's heads when change* is not to disassemble your personality and put it back together but it's adding more things to make u more round rather than a frigging square. (Sorry for my rambling, haven't posted for a while).

It's quite sad that all these factors can ruin a potential relationship, it's unbearable to face reality sometimes =.=. I really hope i can find a mature dual who would want me as much as i want her. Over the summer I'm planning to do a little more reading in socionics as well as prepare for university. That way my chances of finding my dual would be quick and painless.

P.S, I need some help to reconfirm a few questions i have. Maritsa i think you might be able to help me on Extra/Introversion.

Q: Which LSI-subtype would be more suited for a Fe-EIE? I've gotten a mix of answer so ima confused
    If I remember correctly, it would be LSI-Ti.

Anyway, I've found that the best way to impart wisdom into someone's head is to tease them about the things they currently believe. Just poke fun at the illogic of why they believe what they believe whilst bringing them into "the light," so to speak. If you can make someone feel like a moron for having even ever held such wrong beliefs then they're much more willing to accept yours.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    If I remember correctly, it would be LSI-Ti.

Anyway, I've found that the best way to impart wisdom into someone's head is to tease them about the things they currently believe. Just poke fun at the illogic of why they believe what they believe whilst bringing them into "the light," so to speak. If you can make someone feel like a moron for having even ever held such wrong beliefs then they're much more willing to accept yours.
    There was one time, i was in a business class and my partner and I worked together pretty well. Pretty efficient, not many problems. So what i did was while our class was chilling out in the computer lab, i decided i would randomly search up things on the internet. I then *accidentally* went on a personality typing page. I was like "hey cool, what type are you?" and he starts looking at it. "ENTJ" he says, "Oh really that's so nice! (*evil smile*).

Quite funny how there are so many ways to get what you want from people. Even around changing someones belief. On February 4-6, i'll be doing some of that, just pouring out my world and try to get people to understand my perspective of things. Because after all i am a seeker of the truth & want others to know my truth.