36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~You Can't Make Me~

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

So this site holds your results hostage, makes you sign up, doesn't send you the sign up email and then has an overloaded server so you can't try a different email?

Okay.

TIM
    9w1, sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what happens if you don't make their cut? Will they send an email stating, "Sorry, you didn't pass the tests and you're not smart enough for our website. Don't call us, we'll call you. Thanks for playing, bzzzzz..."

Lol. I can't help but think that it's just another dating scam to get people to sign up. IQ or no, I bet they don't care as long as you pay for their service.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha yeah, if IQ is that important than average people need a match with an average person....why limit your market pool :/ Who's ready to start a website that says Russian tests? Swisses are soooo overated.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    So this site holds your results hostage, makes you sign up, doesn't send you the sign up email and then has an overloaded server so you can't try a different email?

Okay.
    "the ultimate in meeting smart people"!!
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

avoid. high iq people are awkward in bed

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    As Jim Carrey would say...that's just something stupid people say. Seriously though I have seen studies that claim a 15 IQ point difference =...don't date someone. Rick mentioned that a while back on his website.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    As Jim Carrey would say...that's just something stupid people say. Seriously though I have seen studies that claim a 15 IQ point difference =...don't date someone. Rick mentioned that a while back on his website.
    Lol@people who make rules for dating.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    Exactly.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say not dating at all is the best rule to avoid finding an incompatible partner!

IQElite, who wouldn't want to be on there

Seriously, it's a pretty good marketing trick, like the new clothes of the emperor....

I think we should start selling "smart people clothing" that you can only buy after passing an IQ test + socionics VI. On the back will be your score and on the front there's a series of secret socionics symbols that spell out your strenghts and weaknesses. That way we can feel superiour in the real world and show off our awesomeness by openly showing we really ARE that enigmatic snowflake IEI/EII

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority
    I'm superiour to people that think they're superiour to the avarage, that's because i know I'm just avarage! ;-)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    That was a genuinely fun read.

Edit: also, there was something in Dario Nari's research about Te dominant types being very overconfident in their ability to accurately recall the details of a presented image.

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Passing" an IQ test. Maybe you should try one out.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard that if there's more than a 20 point difference it creates a communication barrier.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are limitations to any test/tool just as it is with socionics. I love that there are people on a socionics site who would like to deny IQ is relevant.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Unlike for socionics, there are actual scientific studies with large sample sizes showing that people are more likely to end up married to people with similar IQs.

But whether you want to date someone who joins a site called "IQElite" is a different story. It's like how most people who would qualify for Mensa don't have any interest in joining Mensa, because the only people who join Mensa and go to their events are people who have nothing going for them but their IQ... yeah. Do Not Want.
    I never judge people with lower IQ …What I have found is that they have extreme difficulty understanding me. I’d date them if they could except their obvious handicap…unfortunatley I’m usually accused of being dumb/crazy.

I say this because they're usually accusing me of having a handicap ..
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I've heard that if there's more than a 20 point difference it creates a communication barrier.
    It's closer to 30, but that's true. I think it might have been Leta Hollingworth who came up with that number. There is also an idea that those who are around 30 above the previous set tend to lead those below them. So those who are around IQ 130 tend to be the most socially acknowledged for their intelligence. An IQ above this could possibly be detrimental to communication as well as material life success because fewer people regard that person as comprehensible and thus worthwhile.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Passing" an IQ test. Maybe you should try one out.
    I've taken IQ tests before. When I was younger I had a low IQ and when I got older it went up a lot, especially after spending a lot of time studying and in school. The last one I had taken gave me a score of 148; but it freaked me out because suddenly the people around me decided I was "smart" because of it. Suffice to say, it seems to measure crystallized knowledge and the ability to deduce certain kinds of patterns and can drastically go up with time by learning to think the way the test wants you to. It does not however seem to measure a person's fluid intelligence, or adaptive intelligence, or their ability to learn new things and think in new ways to solve new problems, something that would help someone deal with actual reality in their day to day life much better. Because of this, I don't see the point of an IQ as anything other than a social delineation. Although, sure, if someone scores very low, there is obviously something clearly weak about their intellect and they might need special consideration due to a seeming handicap. But that's not exactly how IQ is used here.

But, uhh, people can do what they want and stuff, but I'd rather my relationships with people be predicated on compassion and symbiosis rather than a social (or even intellectual) standing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Unlike for socionics, there are actual scientific studies with large sample sizes showing that people are more likely to end up married to people with similar IQs.

But whether you want to date someone who joins a site called "IQElite" is a different story. It's like how most people who would qualify for Mensa don't have any interest in joining Mensa, because the only people who join Mensa and go to their events are people who have nothing going for them but their IQ... yeah. Do Not Want.
    But I'm so sure they want everything to do with you.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    my IQ is 182

You disappointing

-Krishna

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    my IQ is 182
    sure it is, jet.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    sure it is, jet.

*dances*

-Krishna

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've taken IQ tests before. When I was younger I had a low IQ and when I got older it went up a lot, especially after spending a lot of time studying and in school.
    I didn't see the point. I guessed on every question. I still don't see the point.

The last one I had taken gave me a score of 148; but it freaked me out because suddenly the people around me decided I was "smart" because of it. Suffice to say, it seems to measure crystallized knowledge and the ability to deduce certain kinds of patterns and can drastically go up with time by learning to think the way the test wants you to.
    It only requires your ability to deduce normative patterns rather than deviations from the norm. So the more boring and normal a person inherently is the higher they will score compared to a less boring and normal person of equal intelligence.

It does not however seem to measure a person's fluid intelligence, or adaptive intelligence, or their ability to learn new things and think in new ways to solve new problems, something that would help someone deal with actual reality in their day to day life much better.
    it also doesn't measure a person's fluid stupidity.

Because of this, I don't see the point of an IQ as anything other than a social delineation. Although, sure, if someone scores very low, there is obviously something clearly weak about their intellect and they might need special consideration due to a seeming handicap. But that's not exactly how IQ is used here.
    But you took the time to take those tests. So you must have saw a point in it. otherwise you would have did like i did. .

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure it is, jet.

Break this apart for me baby

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't see the point. I guessed on every question. I still don't see the point.

It only requires your ability to deduce normative patterns rather than deviations from the norm. So the more boring and normal a person inherently is the higher they will score compared to a less boring and normal person of equal intelligence.

it also doesn't measure a person's fluid stupidity.

But you took the time to take those tests. So you must have saw a point in it. otherwise you would have did like i did. .

-Krishna