President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics Video Questionnaire

I think it's a little bit silly of us to deprive ourselves of audio-visual information when typing others. At the same time, I think it is silly to do pure VI threads where any empirical proof for facial features correlating with certain types is sketchy at best. As a result, I would like to present a new questionnaire to be done as a video. This is not really a VI exercise, rather, I want to get a sense of your personality as it would be communicated in natural social interaction and this includes visual and auditory elements.

Guidlines

Try and put the video at around 15-20 minutes. These are clusters of related questions, looking for long, general answers rather than anything too curt or precise. You don't have to answer all the questions and may put in other stuff that feels natural to you.

Try to relax and be aware that everything from the buttons on your coat to your nervous chuckle are being carefully scrutinised.

Questions

1. How did you get into typology? What interested you about psychology?
    2. What do you do for a living? What do you do for a college degree? Do you like your job? Is there something you'd prefer to be doing? Why? What are you like when doing your job? Are you much different at home?
    3. What aspects of your life are you especially good with? What do you feel that you are especially bad at? What have you done to draw admiration or criticism from others?
    4. What sort of environment would you feel most at home in? Describe its atmosphere and surroundings, its inhabitants, the conversations or lack thereof, the philosophy of this ideal environment.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    I think it's a little bit silly of us to deprive ourselves of audio-visual information when typing others. At the same time, I think it is silly to do pure VI threads where any empirical proof for facial features correlating with certain types is sketchy at best. As a result, I would like to present a new questionnaire to be done as a video. This is not really a VI exercise, rather, I want to get a sense of your personality as it would be communicated in natural social interaction and this includes visual and auditory elements.

Guidlines

Try and put the video at around 15-20 minutes. These are clusters of related questions, looking for long, general answers rather than anything too curt or precise. You don't have to answer all the questions and may put in other stuff that feels natural to you.

Try to relax and be aware that everything from the buttons on your coat to your nervous chuckle are being carefully scrutinised.

Questions

1. How did you get into typology? What interested you about psychology?
    2. What do you do for a living? What do you do for a college degree? Do you like your job? Is there something you'd prefer to be doing? Why? What are you like when doing your job? Are you much different at home?
    3. What aspects of your life are you especially good with? What do you feel that you are especially bad at? What have you done to draw admiration or criticism from others?
    4. What sort of environment would you feel most at home in? Describe its atmosphere and surroundings, its inhabitants, the conversations or lack thereof, the philosophy of this ideal environment.

I think the questions are quiet good. But I think 15-20 minutes are to long to watch for most members. It's also frustrating if you make a video and don't get many responses. Maybe 10 minutes and picking two questions works better.
    I also think that when people have to answer questions they're not comfortable with you don't get so much information

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take your time, hurry up the choice is yours, don't be late!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I think the questions are quiet good. But I think 15-20 minutes are to long to watch for most members. It's also frustrating if you make a video and don't get many responses. Maybe 10 minutes and picking two questions works better.
    I also think that when people have to answer questions they're not comfortable with you don't get so much information
    I want to make sure a sufficient amount of information about the person can be given and this can only be done if you have enough time to see the person off guard. With a longer time frame, the person is forced to fill out the time with unplanned answers, thus giving away their type more effectively than if they have a shorter sequence to perfect.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to make sure a sufficient amount of information about the person can be given and this can only be done if you have enough time to see the person off guard. With a longer time frame, the person is forced to fill out the time with unplanned answers, thus giving away their type more effectively than if they have a shorter sequence to perfect.
    There was never doubt that your method would work better. I just don't see people making/watching long videos. Of course I can be wrong

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    There was never doubt that your method would work better. I just don't see people making/watching long videos. Of course I can be wrong
    mmm... I would watch the videos. I suppose it's not necessary to watch the whole video, just watch enough for you to be confident of the person's type.

I think people who want to be typed will put the effort in.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmm... I would watch the videos. I suppose it's not necessary to watch the whole video, just watch enough for you to be confident of the person's type.

I think people who want to be typed will put the effort in.
    We'll see. It's a good thing

Maybe I give it a try soon