TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Emily Blunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALnbesSQ-bo

If you have time to watch the video it is interesting how she behaves with Russell. Activity? dual? conflictor?
    (I like watching this show because it's a chance to see celebs in a more relaxed and intimate setting where they get to act like themselves and seem like real people, don't care much for the host, but whatever).

Last edited by silke; 01-16-2019 at 07:45 PM. Reason: updated links

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about her at all.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Total LSI.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find her to be super corny.. but still like her. she's fairly likable.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't know. She could be an NF
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good god woman, she's definitely not NF.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She looks like my ILE friend but she's probably not an ILE. My ILE friend figures out what you're going to say before you say it and she's sometimes doesn't making eye contact during conversations, most of the time, especially when she's figuring out what you're saying. Um. This girl is an S type because she's really looking at what you're saying and reacting to it. She could very well be an SEE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emily Blunt - LSI
    Russell Brand - EIE

I would say they're a very good example of Beta duality... the sort of duality you have that starts with a Russian Revolution and ends with an icepick to the head.

Paloma Faith - SEI
    Graham Norton - SEI

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    My ILE friend figures out what you're going to say before you say it
    I do this all the time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really see a lot of myself in her (eeeck) so I say LSI

Her husband is imo IEI

looooove them together

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks a lot like a couple of girls I know who I figure to be Beta rational. One of them I just knew to be EIE, but i suppose LSI is possible. I'm starting to figure out that I've gotten Beta rational females mixed up in the past. So I'd say Beta rational for Blunt, and someone wiser than me can say whether she is LSI or EIE.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSI LSI LSI

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    call me crushed.

LSI smiles are so radiant though, like even with the iciness.
    She is one of my lady crushes.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, she's eerily similar to me lol it's kinda awkward to watch.
    ipsa scientia potestas est-adaequatio intellectus et rei

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks in photos a lot like one EIE girl I know, but she is less "expansive" and acts more like the LSI I know. So my bet is Beta rational, LSI.
    (very similar impression to @Contra's post. )

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I join to the group of people who sometimes mix up beta rationals. I'm sure I've done this mistake more than once IRL.

I have a mental image of what a LSI woman should be and it's something like Hillary Clinton or Sharon Stone. Both of them display enough Se (and they have a creative-Se focused gaze). But the less Se-evident LSIs could project a quite introspective aura to the point of being misunderstood as intuitives, particularly as Ni-EIEs (they still lack the skill for promoting emotional states in others).

Could this be an enneagram thing? Or maybe an instictual stacking, being the "classical" LSIs so[sx]-first, and the "atypical" ones sp-first? (enneagram pundits could contribute here, I have never paid too much attention to stackings).

Here is (imo) another example of these quasi-EIE LSIs: Spanish politician Tania Sanchez from Izquierda Unida (United Left):

tania--644x362.JPG8549532_300x300.jpg

She's passionate and definitely rational, but her argumentations tends to be logic-based (or at least logically articulated, because they're full of questionable ideology). Her ex-boyfriend, by the other hand, is closer to a typical EIE: Pablo Iglesias, the infamous leader of the Spanish radical-left party Podemos (We can), which is full of betas, by the way:

1399569896_077942_1399581512_noticia_normal.jpg1416069106292.jpgEl-lider-de-Podemos-Pablo-Igle_54417260770_54028874188_960_639.jpg

His speeches are commonly oriented to cause strong emotional reactions in people.
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 04-21-2015 at 03:49 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MensSuperMateriam View Post
    Interesting. I join to the group of people who sometimes mix up beta rationals. I'm sure I've done this mistake more than once IRL.

I have a mental image of what a LSI woman should be and it's something like Hillary Clinton or Sharon Stone. Both of them display enough Se (and by the way, they have a creative-Se focused gaze). But the less Se-evident LSIs could project a quite introspective aura to the point of being misunderstood as intuitives, particularly as Ni-EIEs (they still lack the skill for promoting emotional states in others).

Could this be an enneagram thing? Or maybe an instictual stacking, being the "classical" LSIs so[sx]-first, and the "atypical" ones sp-first? (enneagram pundits could contribute here, I have never paid too much attention to stackings).

Here is (imo) another example of these quasi-EIE LSIs: Spanish politician Tania Sanchez from Izquierda Unida (United Left):

tania--644x362.JPG8549532_300x300.jpg

She's passionate and definitely rational, but her argumentations tends to be logic-based (or at least logically articulated, because they're full of questionable ideology). Her ex-boyfriend, by the other hand, is closer to a typical EIE: Pablo Sanchez, the infamous leader of the Spanish radical-left party Podemos (We can), which is full of betas, by the way:

1399569896_077942_1399581512_noticia_normal.jpg1416069106292.jpgEl-lider-de-Podemos-Pablo-Igle_54417260770_54028874188_960_639.jpg

His speeches are commonly oriented to cause strong emotional reactions in people.

It's crazy how different Canada's political scene is from Spain apparently. There is no way, Canada would freeze over permanently, before a women with a lip piercing and a long haired hippy man wearing hemp bracelets would ever in a million years ever be elected as a high ranking government official.

The passionate speeches aimed at emotional reactions just don't fly here at all. Podemos sounds like a rip off of Barak Obama's "Yes We Can".

About the softer LSI. I think this is a an oft miss conception about LSI. Many of them are actually kind of dorky and goofy.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Se creative ..not necessarily LSI.

...though I know many women who come up in threads are very physically similar to MissB.Doll in her opinion ...even the late Ruslana Korshunova, an obvious Ethical type.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's lovely. I've seen the LSI typing for her for some time and haven't really decided she is LSI, only that I haven't seen why she is not.

She reminds me of a friend I made recently who finds me more interesting than I think she should and who just lent a mutual friend 4,000 dollars to save a pet cat even though she herself hates cats. All I know for her type is IXTx.

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    It's crazy how different Canada's political scene is from Spain apparently. There is no way, Canada would freeze over permanently, before a women with a lip piercing and a long haired hippy man wearing hemp bracelets would ever in a million years ever be elected as a high ranking government official.
    Since when has Canada become the new Texas? Just kidding. I guess in Anglo-Saxon culture it's extremely important to project an image of professionalism and efficiency, as it's a heavily Te-based culture. Here it's also important, but not so critical. Also the main target of these two politicians, particularly in the case of Iglesias and his Podemos party as a whole, is young people.

By the way, none of these two are (still) high ranking government officials; Tania Sanchez was only member of the parliament in one of the main administrative divisions (from a minor party, not the ruling one); Pablo Iglesias is the head of Podemos party, but he hasn't been elected for an official institution yet, although his party has achieved minor sucess in some recent elections.

The passionate speeches aimed at emotional reactions just don't fly here at all.
    Makes sense.

Podemos sounds like a rip off of Barak Obama's "Yes We Can".
    The motto [party name] is similar, but the core is very different. Imo Obama's style and area of influence is mainly democratic (quadra) in nature. He seems to promote optimism, positive feelings, and to certain extent, soft indealism, based in a set of goals assumed good for everyone. Podemos is heavily artistocratic, the underlying idea is not simply to achieve better things as it is to destroy "evil and evil people", maybe not in the physical sense, but in the political one. They want to break the system (at least partially) for "bringing their own", even if in the latter days they're strongly moderating their speech in order to gain more support from less radical people. They have a strong division us vs them, using a despective term for their assumed enemies: "la casta" (the class, more or less).

About the softer LSI. I think this is a an oft miss conception about LSI. Many of them are actually kind of dorky and goofy.
    Maybe you're right, but I still think goofy is not a particularly fitting label for them. Dorky maybe, in some cases.
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 04-21-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

actually I'm inclined to go Ti/Fe after reading some more stuff she said :

Americans are a lot more open, of course. There's something more declamatory in the way you express emotions. It's a stereotype but it's true. British people can appear repressed in expressing emotions. Not very good at self-evaluating, or affirming situations, touching, anything like that.
    (stereotyping about whole cultures is Beta "aristocracy")

When you're in love, you're so happy that you want to tell people about it. But now I have to censor myself. You need to protect the happiness you have.

The performances I enjoy are the ones that are hard to read or ambiguous or left-of-centre because it makes you look closer and that's what humans are like - quite mysterious creatures, hard to pinpoint.
    (people ain't that mysterious to ESI)

I'm not someone who likes to plan too much ahead.
    (not N)

I'm kind of effectively bipolar.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

but in this pic in particular she VIs a bit like Pina Bausch and her looks are not distinctively T (there's some sort of sweetness and impression of "fragility" to her that I can't usually see in LSIs)

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have a mental image of what a LSI woman should be and it's something like Hillary Clinton or Sharon Stone. Both of them display enough Se (and by the way, they have a creative-Se focused gaze). But the less Se-evident LSIs could project a quite introspective aura to the point of being misunderstood as intuitives, particularly as Ni-EIEs (they still lack the skill for promoting emotional states in others).

she's probably E6 (not cp) so/sx

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think she's ILE-Ti subtype, can seem LSI ish but more fragile.

Ice princess vibe but she's a softie at heart.

Intimidated her husband John Krasinski(SEI) out the gate.

http://www.yourtango.com/2012166855/...fe-emily-blunt

Various things make me think they have a dual relationship

http://www.mtv.com/news/2051367/john...ly-blunt-love/

Emily Blunt could be LSI too, that's the only other type I would really consider, but mmm my identical-radar tells me ILE.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE

Thought she was ESI but changed to SLE
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 02-06-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems IJ and Se. Would go with LSI>ESI
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI. I don't really like her acting and she seems like merry from her irl persona.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

bump

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IEI

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    ESIs are tougher cookies in a subjective way than LSIs who don't take themselves as seriously by comparison.
    LSI are snobs. ESI are too, but hide this

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Krasinski - ESE

Emily Blunt - ESI