Thread: New celebrity section with downloadable clips

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New celebrity section with downloadable clips

I have a new celebrity section on my website that will have videos you can watch of the actors and actresses, so you can see the diffrent ways that they act when they are interviewed.

http://socionics.hopto.org/CELEBRITY...IDS/index.html

Eventually I will have some download links to the vids, just the pictures are up there now. I am going to cut some of the interviews into 1 meg chunks so people with 56k connections can download them quicker.

Ohh yeah, I still need three more types to find celebrities for; if anyone knows of any video interviews I can download for the missing types I will get them and put them up as well ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://socionics.hopto.org/CELEBRITY...IDS/index.html

The videos are up ... there should be a folder named "vids" containing the footage.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found celebreties for all the types now ... each one of them has a movie clip you can download ...

ENTp - David Schwimmer
    ENTp - Matthew Perry
    ENTj - Quentin Tarantino
    ENTj - Brad Pitt
    ENFp - Charlton Heston
    ENFj - Nicole Kidman
    ESFj - Björk Guðmundsdótti
    ESFj - Jennifer Love Hewitt
    ESFp - Kathy Lee Gifford
    ESTj - Jeri Ryan
    ESTj - Helen Hunt
    ESTp - Madonna
    INFp - Jennifer Anniston
    INFp - Lisa Kudrow
    INFp - Gillian Anderson
    INFj - Billy Crystal
    INTp - Dustin Hoffman
    INTj - Sigourney Weaver
    ISFp - Matt Leblanc
    ISFj - Jerry Seinfeld
    ISTp - Paul Reiser
    ISTj - Evander Holyfield

I'll add more in the future as I find clips for other types of celebrities ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added:

INFp - Adam Sandler
    ISFp - Hillary Duff

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added:

ENFp - Robin Williams
    INTj - George Lucas

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, but I don't think Bjork is ESFj. In one of her interviews I don't see much .

In fact she seems introverted.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I donlt think you should bother with photos. Just stick with interviews. They are more accurate for type identification.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should cut out the unnecessary bits of the videos, for example the hilary duff Nickelodeon video.

Also you should use video steaming.

Keep the good work going. :wink:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    I'm sorry, but I don't think Bjork is ESFj. In one of her interviews I don't see much .

In fact she seems introverted.
    Yeah, I thought the same thing as well when I saw the interviews with bjork. However, I went with the type www.socionics.com listed her as origionally.

I could change her type on my webpage after a discussion, however.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    I donlt think you should bother with photos. Just stick with interviews. They are more accurate for type identification.
    Yeah, I started to do the videos after I realized that people of diffrent types do look alike in photographs, so it is hard to tell their type unless you watch their mannerisms for a little while.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I think you should cut out the unnecessary bits of the videos, for example the hilary duff Nickelodeon video.

Also you should use video steaming.

Keep the good work going. :wink:
    You can download the full versions as well as edited ones that just show a shorter clip. I did it mostly for the 56k people so it will not take them eons to be able to watch anything.

Full version uncut vids
    http://socionics.hopto.org/interviews/

Short edited vids
    http://socionics.hopto.org/CELEBRITY...ids/index.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone would like to discuss bjork and her type I started up a thread for that ...

oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?p=7493#7493

Creepy-

IMHO-

Brad Pitt is ESTP; Matthew Perry ISTP; Robin Williams ENTP; Bjork ISFP; Jennifer Anniston ENFJ; Seinfeld INTP; Hillary Duff ESFJ; Matt Leblanc ESTP.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO-

Brad Pitt is ESTP; Matthew Perry ISTP; Robin Williams ENTP; Bjork ISFP; Jennifer Anniston ENFJ; Seinfeld INTP; Hillary Duff ESFJ; Matt Leblanc ESTP.
    How do you conclude this?

I mean, what about their behaviours made you give them these types?

Creepy-

Default Man, I just gotta say

man, setting up a website with the sole purpose (if that is its sole purpose) of guessing other people's types when you have yet to prove your skills as a type-caster is a bad idea. Probably, at least a third if not more of those are wrong; yet there is no way to prove that your mainly intuitive guess are off target. Even if you have other purposes with your website, the substantial amount of information given to your type-casts will not increase our ability to undestand anything about socionics but will only hinder it.
    If you must continue this mislead presentation, please present a warning which states: I AM AN AMAUTEUR WITH NO ESTABLISHED RECORD OF TYPING PEOPLE. THESE ARE SIMPLY INTUITIVE GUESS. And do this in big leters. Further, did you get the permission of all the non-celebs that you labled on there to post their pics on the internet. If not, that's not cool. I would be pissed if someone posted my picture on some random website attaching some lable to me without my permission
    No offense man. Your enthusiasm is good but mislead.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, if you would take the time to do comparisons to celebs on www.socionics.com, you will see that the actors are all typed the same. I did not guess their type in any way.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Man, I just gotta say

man, setting up a website with the sole purpose (if that is its sole purpose) of guessing other people's types when you have yet to prove your skills as a type-caster is a bad idea. Probably, at least a third if not more of those are wrong; yet there is no way to prove that your mainly intuitive guess are off target. Even if you have other purposes with your website, the substantial amount of information given to your type-casts will not increase our ability to undestand anything about socionics but will only hinder it.
    If you must continue this mislead presentation, please present a warning which states: I AM AN AMAUTEUR WITH NO ESTABLISHED RECORD OF TYPING PEOPLE. THESE ARE SIMPLY INTUITIVE GUESS. And do this in big leters. Further, did you get the permission of all the non-celebs that you labled on there to post their pics on the internet. If not, that's not cool. I would be pissed if someone posted my picture on some random website attaching some lable to me without my permission
    No offense man. Your enthusiasm is good but mislead.
    Ad Hominem ...
    oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=492

Creepy-

it isn't ad hominem, it is constructive critism. It isn't an attack on you, it is an attack on your work. And I would prefer to annoymously post because you seem to be sensitive to critism and I don't want an all out war.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it isn't ad hominem, it is constructive critism. It isn't an attack on you, it is an attack on your work. And I would prefer to annoymously post because you seem to be sensitive to critism and I don't want an all out war.
    I might be right, and I might be wrong ... atleast I don't have to hide behind smoke and mirrors, which is something I don't entirely respect.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd agree with many typings of the topic author, except for really few.

Gillian Anderson - INFP??? Sounds strange (maybe you borrowed this idea from www.socionics.com ?). She is known for her harsh behavior, and in my opinion, she is absolutely the opposite - ESTJ.

Sig. Weaver is ENTJ, not INTJ. She is very energetic and quick. I know that MBTI explains introversion as 'independent thinking' or something like that, but in fact independent thinking is a property of T, not I. Introverts rather tend to be shy.

BTW, you can compare this list with mine:

http://socioniko.narod.ru/en/celebr/index-cel.html
    www.socioniko.net is no longer my site.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh... just looked through your site and found that you had taken a lot of stuff from Filatova's book without any copyright note, and without even asking her, or me? I also have a lot of Filatova's photos at my site, but at least, I have been cooperating with her, and she gave me her permission, as well as authors of other materials.

A bad beginning, guy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you mean the black and white pictures, I had no idea they belonged to anyone. I found them on an obscure russian site with no translation and no idea who they belonged too. they seemed relaible though, so I used them to help do my own typings.

I could talk her I suppose, do you have her e-mail address?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a better idea for you.

Scrap all the pictures and videos you have on your site. It could be thatTcelebrities have been typed wrongly. I'm not 100% sure that Jennofer Love Hewitt is ESFj - it's just a guess.

Instead, get some regular people, find out their type, and film them.
    It is better to film them for a while until they are relaxed and settle, and hopefully their "real self" will come out, tehn you can capture their behaviour.

I think this is the best thing that you can do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have done that already, actually ... the celebrities were my second option.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are you going to scrap the celebrity thing?

I think you could do better than what Filatova has done.

It will be hard work but I know you can do it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The website is going down in a few days anyways ... I have to move acrost country and may not have instant access to another local high-speed network.

I would like to get something up later, though. I am currently working on my own perl typology test that will be as accurate as the official one and maybe even more so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Request

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri Lytov
    I'd agree with many typings of the topic author, except for really few.

Gillian Anderson - INFP??? Sounds strange (maybe you borrowed this idea from www.socionics.com ?). She is known for her harsh behavior, and in my opinion, she is absolutely the opposite - ESTJ.

Sig. Weaver is ENTJ, not INTJ. She is very energetic and quick. I know that MBTI explains introversion as 'independent thinking' or something like that, but in fact independent thinking is a property of T, not I. Introverts rather tend to be shy.

BTW, you can compare this list with mine:

http://socioniko.narod.ru/en/celebr/index-cel.html
    I would be grateful if you could discuss at least some of the numerous complicated issues related to typing I addressed already in this post back in last October. While you have many interesting opinions, unfortunately they are not always well backed up by detailed incontrovertible evidence. It seems to me that we should not limit ourselves to too strictly to comparing people to often rather one-sided and even stereotypical type descriptions - be they MBTI, or socionics - or anything else for that matter.

I would also argue that independence of thinking is, to some extent at least, also related to introversion, based on both Jung's original work and my own subjective observations. The extroverted orientation of the mind inevitably limits one's intellectual freedom, for in the end the extrovert is always more dependent of the outside world for support and approval, the emotional dependence of ENTPs could be a very good case in point. And from this point of view one could even argue that ethical (F) types can be even more independent minded as they are often less in need of other people's emotional support and approval.

Introversion is often correlated with shyness, and correspondingly extroversion with social skills, but as for example numerous discussions on this forum have testified this is a dangerous oversimplification that often causes a lot of people to be mistyped. I would perhaps rather agree with rmcnew who characterized the difference between introversion and extroversion as: I still think it has to do with inner and outter locus of control and protection mechanisms.

This is, in my opinion, also much more closely in line with the original vision of Carl Gustav Jung, and provides the theoretical framework that enables us to understand even "introverted extroverts", "extroverted introverts" and other peculiar features that many perfectly ordinary people often exhibit. What would most delight us is not so much repetitive comparisons between MBTI and socionics type descriptions, but - perhaps more than anything else - detailed instructions on how to in practise go about applying the many fascinating theories of socionics and thus "uncover" the underlying structure of the minds of even most atypical representatives of every socionics type.

What I still find puzzling is your highly critical attitude towards the concepts of the MBTI, while you still use very similar stereotypical expressions, the harsh behavior of ESTJs could be straight out of any MBTI type description, for example. People of every type can be - often depending of the demands of the time and place - both harsh and soft, and I believe that with your great expertise in socionics you should be better aware of this.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The girl on the left is an INFp according to three seperate MBTI and socionics test taken 1 year apart; she is often very stubborn, critical, and acts much the same way that Gillian Anderson behaves in some of her interviews.

Namely this interview ...
    http://socionics.hopto.org/interview..._cancerben.mpg

This girl on the otherhand is also INFp

She has many of the same mannerism and facial expression displayed by Gillian Anderson and the other INFp girl, but she chooses to keep much of her criticism to her self and acts more friendly and sociable.

She is also married and non-promiscuous ... both Gillian Anderson [I believe anyways] and the other girl are non-married and have promiscuous tendencies.

So, I would not say that any type is unaffected by some of those tendencies and there are individuals within types that take diffrent approaches to life, but it is the way they are able to process information that really determines their type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I know both of those girls in real life, and even lived with one of them for a period of time by the way.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. INFP are capricious and shy, according to the type definition, while ESTJ are active, aggressive and often tend to dictate their opinion, just like Gillian Anderson often does.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi rmcnews,

Filatova's book on socionics is going to be published (or already published?) in English in the US.
    You can contact the publisher (she is an intuitive-logical extrovert, by the way) concerning all such issues:

Betty Lou Leaver, leaver@msipress.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad that I can't have this book. It will be far too expencive to order it from the internet, concerning, that I am not so rich. So I will start waiting 'till others start talking what Filatove wrote.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Dmitri Lytov,

I think you should create videos of the 16 types so that we can see their characteritics.

What do you think about it?

Your colleague

Becki

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there should be a maximum of 10 videos of each type.

Becki

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri Lytov
    No. INFP are capricious and shy, according to the type definition, while ESTJ are active, aggressive and often tend to dictate their opinion, just like Gillian Anderson often does.
    I suppose it is possible that the girl who looks and acts just like gillian anderson is not an infp despite several test.

Heck, I origionally scored INTj consistently on the MBTI and socionics test, but I am not INTj and closer to ESFp ... But, I am more intuitive and thinking over feeling so ENTp ...