Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: SLE-IEI: ESTps competing for affection of INFps

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default SLE-IEI: ESTps competing for affection of INFps

    I'm wondering if SLE's like competing for the affection of IEI's. It seems like they do, but then again, it seems like they don't. For example, I like this SLE and I have for a while, but it wasn't until I started focusing on another SLE that this one started trying to get my attention... again. Anyway, his roommates started flirting with me and when this happened, he actually started putting forth some effort to flirt with me, too. I'm thinking the competition factor fired him up? I dunno. So I started paying more attention to him and everything was so nice. But then, he kept getting mad whenever I would talk to other guys that were not his roommates (he didn't say that's the reason why he was mad, but I know that's what's going on, because I know these things). So... I don't get it. I'm thinking that SLE's like competing against other guys for their IEI, but they don't like it when their IEI shows any interest in those guys. So the guys can like the IEI, but the IEI can't like the guys. So, if I want to keep my SLE happy, I shouldn't show any interest in other guys? Does that sound right? Cause that's gonna be kinda hard, since I can be pretty flirtatious without meaning to be

  2. #2
    Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aubzatuck View Post
    I'm wondering if SLE's like competing for the affection of IEI's. It seems like they do, but then again, it seems like they don't. For example, I like this SLE and I have for a while, but it wasn't until I started focusing on another SLE that this one started trying to get my attention... again. Anyway, his roommates started flirting with me and when this happened, he actually started putting forth some effort to flirt with me, too. I'm thinking the competition factor fired him up? I dunno. So I started paying more attention to him and everything was so nice. But then, he kept getting mad whenever I would talk to other guys that were not his roommates (he didn't say that's the reason why he was mad, but I know that's what's going on, because I know these things). So... I don't get it. I'm thinking that SLE's like competing against other guys for their IEI, but they don't like it when their IEI shows any interest in those guys. So the guys can like the IEI, but the IEI can't like the guys. So, if I want to keep my SLE happy, I shouldn't show any interest in other guys? Does that sound right? Cause that's gonna be kinda hard, since I can be pretty flirtatious without meaning to be
    I've been told that I flirt with everyone. I really don't even realize I'm doing it. I haven't been close enough to any SLEs to really give you good advice. They'll probably like that private, conspiratorial smile of soft warmth that IEIs are great at though. Give him some of that when you two are alone. It'll do wonders if it's genuine. SLEs don't like feeling they have to compete for affection. They want to feel like they are the only men on earth. Like most men, they have a desire to make a show of strength and be idolized for it.

  3. #3
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha that sounds right. They need reassuring that they're the best and their fears are unfounded, but their passions get fired up when they detect competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  4. #4
    Feel God's Thunder Azure Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Jesus
    TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Posts
    1,539
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So far, if my IEI SLE forum has anything to say, when you get a bunch of duals in a room it turns into the SLE's making fun of the IEI's, and the IEI's accusing each other of not being IEI.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings



    Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

  5. #5
    Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    So far, if my IEI SLE forum has anything to say, when you get a bunch of duals in a room it turns into the SLE's making fun of the IEI's, and the IEI's accusing each other of not being IEI.
    And then there's that one IEI that gets this look in her eyes that says, "The fuck did you say to me?" That's when all hell breaks loose.

  6. #6
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    So far, if my IEI SLE forum has anything to say, when you get a bunch of duals in a room it turns into the SLE's making fun of the IEI's, and the IEI's accusing each other of not being IEI.
    I think text-based forums are too artificial to show intertype relations well. There are plenty of people I happily banter with on Facebook, then when we meet in real life I expect us to get on swimmingly, but it turns out they're completely different in person and awkwardness ensues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  7. #7
    Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    I think text-based forums are too artificial to show intertype relations well. There are plenty of people I happily banter with on Facebook, then when we meet in real life I expect us to get on swimmingly, but it turns out they're completely different in person and awkwardness ensues.
    The same happens with me. I wonder if I should seek out people I don't get along with online then. Lol. Maybe we'll get on swimmingly in real life.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    I think text-based forums are too artificial to show intertype relations well.
    YES!! Thank you. That's why I really don't give a crap about what happens online. There's something to be said about that moment when two duals look into each other's eyes and completely zone out.... you can't get that through any other medium than face-to-face. Those awkward moments....... *sigh*...... I FREAKING LOVE IT. I LOVE DUALITY.

  9. #9
    Feel God's Thunder Azure Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Jesus
    TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Posts
    1,539
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I just puked in my mouth a little.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings



    Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

  10. #10
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aubzatuck View Post
    I'm wondering if SLE's like competing for the affection of IEI's. It seems like they do, but then again, it seems like they don't. For example, I like this SLE and I have for a while, but it wasn't until I started focusing on another SLE that this one started trying to get my attention... again. Anyway, his roommates started flirting with me and when this happened, he actually started putting forth some effort to flirt with me, too. I'm thinking the competition factor fired him up? I dunno. So I started paying more attention to him and everything was so nice. But then, he kept getting mad whenever I would talk to other guys that were not his roommates (he didn't say that's the reason why he was mad, but I know that's what's going on, because I know these things). So... I don't get it. I'm thinking that SLE's like competing against other guys for their IEI, but they don't like it when their IEI shows any interest in those guys. So the guys can like the IEI, but the IEI can't like the guys. So, if I want to keep my SLE happy, I shouldn't show any interest in other guys? Does that sound right? Cause that's gonna be kinda hard, since I can be pretty flirtatious without meaning to be
    Naw keep them jealous... because it's always good to watch Othello...

    But in I think polr relationships, there needs to be some emotional shaking up otherwise people get bored.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I think I just puked in my mouth a little.
    Good, hehehe That wasn't supposed to be a romantic reference, btw. I was describing some very real and observable effects of duality. It's pretty hilarious to watch!
    Last edited by Schmoo; 12-17-2013 at 11:15 PM.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Naw keep them jealous... because it's always good to watch Othello...

    But in I think polr relationships, there needs to be some emotional shaking up otherwise people get bored.
    But how much is too much? I don't want what happened with the last SLE to happen with this one. The emotional shaking up had gone on for so damn long that it's actually what ended up making me bored. It was just the same old games without actually getting anywhere..... totally pointless and boring. I was kinda like, "Yeah, I get that you can flirt with girls in front of me. Yeah, I get that you can enter unhealthy relationships in response to something I did. Is there anything else? No? Ok, see ya."

  13. #13
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aubzatuck View Post
    But how much is too much? I don't want what happened with the last SLE to happen with this one. The emotional shaking up had gone on for so damn long that it's actually what ended up making me bored. It was just the same old games without actually getting anywhere..... totally pointless and boring. I was kinda like, "Yeah, I get that you can flirt with girls in front of me. Yeah, I get that you can enter unhealthy relationships in response to something I did. Is there anything else? No? Ok, see ya."
    I don't know.

    Try standard pop psych response maybe.

  14. #14
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aubzatuck View Post
    But how much is too much? I don't want what happened with the last SLE to happen with this one. The emotional shaking up had gone on for so damn long that it's actually what ended up making me bored. It was just the same old games without actually getting anywhere..... totally pointless and boring. I was kinda like, "Yeah, I get that you can flirt with girls in front of me. Yeah, I get that you can enter unhealthy relationships in response to something I did. Is there anything else? No? Ok, see ya."
    I don't necesarily think that's what he meant, either way it's not what I've experienced with Fe-egos.
    Easy Day

  15. #15
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think SLEs just like competing for the attention of any hot chick/dude
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  16. #16
    kadda1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hessen, Germany
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wish someone would compete for me... *forever alone* ... wanders off into a corner and sulks... :/
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

  17. #17
    Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    I wish someone would compete for me... *forever alone* ... wanders off into a corner and sulks... :/
    Agreed...

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    I wish someone would compete for me... *forever alone* ... wanders off into a corner and sulks... :/
    Don't worry, Kadda! Your time will come It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I started having these kinds of experiences with SLE's. I used to expect the guys to do all the work, but now I've realized that I have to really put myself out there in order to be noticed. The more I put myself out there and possibly make myself look like an idiot, the more competition there seems to be over me lol. I really just feel like an idiot most of the time though, haha and that's ok

  19. #19
    kadda1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hessen, Germany
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aubzatuck View Post
    Don't worry, Kadda! Your time will come It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I started having these kinds of experiences with SLE's. I used to expect the guys to do all the work, but now I've realized that I have to really put myself out there in order to be noticed. The more I put myself out there and possibly make myself look like an idiot, the more competition there seems to be over me lol. I really just feel like an idiot most of the time though, haha and that's ok
    I started to put myself out there a little bit, too. I used to be very shy and timid all throughout high school, it changed a little bit now in university. But I don't feel like there is a competition and I'm not sure whether I know any SLEs, not sure. All the guys I meet either flirt with me, but not seriously only for fun, or guys - Christian guys from my church - who sister-in-Christ-zone me, which is the meanest and ugliest thing for me: they pour out their hearts in front of me or let me pour out my heart in front of them, but then nothing more. :/ I need something serious to happen.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

  20. #20
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    And then there's that one IEI that gets this look in her eyes that says, "The fuck did you say to me?" That's when all hell breaks loose.
    spot on. My ex GF is IEI. But she was hell broken loose kind of often.

  21. #21
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    I started to put myself out there a little bit, too. I used to be very shy and timid all throughout high school, it changed a little bit now in university. But I don't feel like there is a competition and I'm not sure whether I know any SLEs, not sure. All the guys I meet either flirt with me, but not seriously only for fun, or guys - Christian guys from my church - who sister-in-Christ-zone me, which is the meanest and ugliest thing for me: they pour out their hearts in front of me or let me pour out my heart in front of them, but then nothing more. :/ I need something serious to happen.
    This seems to be something encouraged by your attitude. You may be too nice , too open with those Christian guys. You seem to be one of those really sweet innocent IEIs. So far I have them either in my "crazy" catalog, or in the "unicorn" album. I've hardly seen a type with so much contrast. EIE looks more uniform.

  22. #22
    Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    spot on. My ex GF is IEI. But she was hell broken loose kind of often.
    I'm guessing there were other issues there than "IEI"....

  23. #23
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    I'm guessing there were other issues there than "IEI"....
    That's my guess, too. I've even asked a question about unhealthy IEIs to see if there are familiar symptoms. I suspected what MBTI calls the grip of the inferior function.

  24. #24
    kadda1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hessen, Germany
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    This seems to be something encouraged by your attitude. You may be too nice , too open with those Christian guys. You seem to be one of those really sweet innocent IEIs. So far I have them either in my "crazy" catalog, or in the "unicorn" album. I've hardly seen a type with so much contrast. EIE looks more uniform.
    I'm not too open with just anybody, only the one I like and he thinks of me more as a sister, which I realized a little bit too late. :/
    Nevertheless sweet and innocent and almost naive - that's me on the outside. People who don't know me well would never think I could get angry. That's because I keep quiet when I'm hurt, but only around unfamiliar people. Around my parents I have to learn to control my temperament. xD
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

  25. #25
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Naw keep them jealous... because it's always good to watch Othello...

    But in I think polr relationships, there needs to be some emotional shaking up otherwise people get bored.
    This is probably the source of the problems my SLE-ESI parents have had. That's why the IEI is their dual, they can dance according to their tune without any problem, anticipate boredom and all the jazz. To me IEI seems too flexible in their relationships. It makes me think they don't know what they want or they don't want anything particularly.

  26. #26
    Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    This is probably the source of the problems my SLE-ESI parents have had. That's why the IEI is their dual, they can dance according to their tune without any problem, anticipate boredom and all the jazz. To me IEI seems too flexible in their relationships. It makes me think they don't know what they want or they don't want anything particularly.
    A big dick, lots of money, reasonably attractive, and a good heart. Don't need anything else.

  27. #27
    Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post
    Why don't IEIs seem to get that? THEY are supposed to be the ethicals....?
    Sometimes, ethicals aren't really ethical.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •