Thread: Religion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Religion

This question is for all types: do u think the values associated with your quadra influence you to think a certain way about religion?

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen religious people of every quadra and type. I've seen deltas who are dogmatic and gammas who are atheists. I've also seen insanely religious gammas. No alpha I've seen has impressed his religion on me that strongly. The most dogmatic people I have known have been aristocrats. Some of the most categorically and absolutely judgmental have been gammas. Alphas tend to be more vague and less absolutist about value or moral judgments of people, in my experience. I'd wager that types run the gamut of religious belief. ENFs have been some of the least tolerable though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    I've seen religious people of every quadra and type. I've seen deltas who are dogmatic and gammas who are atheists. I've also seen insanely religious gammas. No alpha I've seen has impressed his religion on me that strongly. The most dogmatic people I have known have been aristocrats. Some of the most categorically and absolutely judgmental have been gammas. Alphas tend to be more vague and less absolutist about value or moral judgments of people, in my experience. I'd wager that types run the gamut of religious belief. ENFs have been some of the least tolerable though.
    That's probably true, I just thought I'd ask. What do you mean by intolerable?

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadoW805 View Post
    That's probably true, I just thought I'd ask. What do you mean by intolerable?
    They were both the type of person who would talk intimately and firmly about their beliefs with people who didn't know them at all. And they had a certain brick wall in their heads about their beliefs and ideas, an absolutely convinced attitude, so much so that they would tend to browbeat others for not believing their ideas. Very dogmatic, imposing people. I did an exit stage left with both of them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    They were both the type of person who would talk intimately and firmly about their beliefs with people who didn't know them at all. And they had a certain brick wall in their heads about their beliefs and ideas, an absolutely convinced attitude, so much so that they would tend to browbeat others for not believing their ideas. Very dogmatic, imposing people. I did an exit stage left with both of them.
    Yea I know what u mean. I have an aunt who sees thing that way. Extremist

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it can inform people's approach to (or avoidance of) religion. I don't think it makes them more or less susceptible to religion as a whole.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its possible.

But christianity satiates all of my human needs.

Do your chores children, or you don't get to go to heaven!

fuck that shit.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Its possible.

But christianity satiates all of my human needs.

Do your chores children, or you don't get to go to heaven!

fuck that shit.

Do u think there's a heaven?
    "Power wears out those who don't have it.."--Giulio Andreotti

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do u think there's a heaven?
    Yes. I'm extremely christian.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I'm extremely christian.
    Did ur parents raise u that way? To be Christian

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did ur parents raise u that way? To be Christian
    They raised me with christianity, yes. I made the choice to stick around.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the epsilon program? Ever consider that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    Hey man I'm sorry I didn't mean to poke fun at ur religion, or at you personally, I was just making a joke

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's epsilon program?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know if quadra values play any big part when it comes to my thoughts about religion. I was raised Christian, I got baptized when I was twelve years old because things happened in my life that I could only go through with the help of my faith. And I hold onto it.
    But there's something special about the way I view Christianity, as I'm usually part of a charismatic free church, but still sometimes attend Catholic services together with my grandma: I wish that there weren't that many denominations. I hope, one day all will come together again. A few weeks ago I went to an ecumenical event called "Nightfever" in the Frankfurt cathedral - I was even asked to spontaneously sing with the band and while I stood there in this magnificent building, watching people kneeling in front of the monstrance, others standing in the rows singing or lighting candles and I was able to sing all those worship songs... At this moment I felt that deep sense of unity and the atmosphere was almost ethereal. It was certainly a vision somehow of what it could be like.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    9w1, sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mm...from the little I know of quadras, I'd say maybe; but then, influence for me was probably environment more than anything else. Half of my childhood I was raised New Age, I suppose, and the second half charismatic Christian. I am a Christian now - been one for a pretty long time - but I also agree that there are things from other religions that are mutually compatible with the Christian faith. Not the salvation aspect, but the basics of love, joy, peace, caring for one's fellow man...these are all universal truths, regardless of what one practices. I think people can have different experiences and quadras can influence how they view faith and truths, but that's more of an individual thing (IMO) than strictly a quadra thing.

Good discussion.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just spent some time with a Beta who is probably LSI. He is an Orthodox Christian and from casual observation, it seems like a good fit for him. He loves the majestly of the worship service with its beautiful music and glorious icons and priestly robes. (Fe.) He really embraces all of the fasting and sacrifice during Lent. For him it is no meat, dairy, sweets, alcohol, eggs for 40 days. Also no personal pleasures llike movies, etc. The point is to spend time usually devoted to self on benefitting others instead. He is very private about it, so it is not for show. He loves the feasting when Lent is over.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k