Thread: Better Quadra Description for Gamma

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Better Quadra Description for Gamma

I think the Quadra description could use some work. I just found the NT part of the description something I could not relate to and boring. And I don't see anybody relating to it as well.

"Te blocked with Ni,
    • Gamma types take a longer-term view regarding efficiency and profitability, giving lower priority to the short term. Likewise, they tend to aim at the broader benefits of decisions, rather than only at those affecting themselves, giving them an inclination for self-sacrifice.
    • Gamma types like to talk about where present trends are leading in terms of potentially profitable events and undertakings.
    • Gamma types tend to give more value to ideas and concepts that are firmly connected to factual information.

Fi blocked with Se,

• Gamma types take a hard-line approach regarding ethical principles and the punishment, even revenge, on those who break them.
    • Gamma types place high value on personal loyalty, once they feel a close relationship has been established.
    • Gamma types like to discuss personal relationships in a realistic manner and are skeptical that "jerks" can ever become "nice people", for instance.

I think the FiSe theme for Gamma fits perfectly. But the TeNi is not really relatable. The describer was overemphasizing the Te part of Gamma and not Ni.

I would say "
    • Gamma types take a longer-term view , giving lower priority to the short term. Likewise, they tend to aim at the broader benefits of decisions, rather than only at those affecting themselves, giving them an inclination for self-sacrifice.
    • Gamma types like to talk about where present trends are leading and the logical consequences of actions in how it will affect the future.
    • Talks about history and philosophy and how times have changed, historical cycles etc. and what plans they have for life.
    • Gamma types tend to give more value to ideas and concepts that are firmly connected to factual information.
    Never make a promise when your happy, a decision when your angry

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I find it all fairly relatable. Te wasn't being overemphasised. There were mentions of the broader picture and analysis of trends which would orient around combining Te with Ni.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In what way do you find people don't relate to it?
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    In what way do you find people don't relate to it?
    It seems more like someone's talking about corporation than something a Gamma would like to talk about imo.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nousername123 View Post
    It seems more like someone's talking about corporation than something a Gamma would like to talk about imo.
    Oh yeah, it definitely has that feel to it and I dislike it for that same reason. However, I don't find it inaccurate. I very much dislike the wording but message of being focused on how to do things doesn't strike me as wrong when talking about gamma NTs.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Oh yeah, it definitely has that feel to it and I dislike it for that same reason. However, I don't find it inaccurate. I very much dislike the wording but message of being focused on how to do things doesn't strike me as wrong when talking about gamma NTs.
    In your experience what do you find Gamma NT's talk about?

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nousername123 View Post
    [*]Gamma types tend to give more value to ideas and concepts that are firmly connected to factual information.[/LIST]
    I disagree with this part.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it feels dry as a description because the things gamma NTs are creative/passionate about tend to be at their root, somewhat guarded and private. so then those things are not easily defined for an outsider's perspective.