Results 1 to 39 of 39

Thread: SLIs and hugging

  1. #1
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default SLIs and hugging

    I was wondering how natural it is for SLIs to hug other people. When is it comfortable to receive a hug and when you feel like hugging someone? You restrict hugging to really close people? Specially if you initiate it?
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  2. #2
    Idiot Iris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,001
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    SLIs seem to hate hugging people when meeting/greeting others. They strongly prefer their own space. They don't seem to care for societal expectations or social cues.

    I have an SLI friend who has no problem though kissing his girlfriend in public, even when she's shy. He's self-confident and seems to like the physical contact.

    It seems SLIs will have no problem initiating contact if they want the physical touch or want to deepen a relationship. They just despise it when it seems 'required' of them by a social rule.
    You are so right! The ones I know absolutely hate it unless it is a baby or small child. Of course, I feel obligated to commit socially appropriate hugs upon them. SO AWKWARD.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation
    .


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

  3. #3
    kadda1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hessen, Germany
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The SLIs I know don't seem to enjoy it that much. Then again it's hard to hug my SLI friend, she's so small and fragile, I can't
    really put my arm around her, it's like hugging a skeleton. :/ But I don't think they are fond of physical contact in general, which is alright I guess. Only I am very physical - I like hugging and kisses on cheeks. But with my SLI friends it's like they have this "Noli me tangere"-like aura around themselves, invisible, but sensable, and it builds up a physical as well as a mental border, meaning they don't want their feelings to be touched either.
    I could be completely wrong here, but that's what I observed. It could be they only don't want that kind of intimacy with certain people like me, don't know...
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

  4. #4
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had an SLI gf who occasionally used to hug me in bed after waking up. Really short hugs. One day I counted the seconds and when she stopped, I said: "9 seconds" She said: "9 seconds what?" I: "9 seconds of hugging" She: "WHAAATT, YOU"VE BEEN COUNTING? Well, It's the quality that counts, not the quantity!"

    Don't know if this is typical for SLIs, but unlike LSEs, they do not give me the impression that they are very much into touching and hugging.

    http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...ch-of-lse.html
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  5. #5
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I had an SLI gf who occasionally used to hug me in bed after waking up. Really short hugs. One day I counted the seconds and when she stopped, I said: "9 seconds" She said: "9 seconds what?" I: "9 seconds of hugging" She: "WHAAATT, YOU"VE BEEN COUNTING? Well, It's the quality that counts, not the quantity!"

    Don't know if this is typical for SLIs, but unlike LSEs, they do not give me the impression that they are very much into touching and hugging.

    http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...ch-of-lse.html
    Nice article that you linked there. My experience with LSEs has been identical.
    Is that your blog? I like it a lot! Will read your other pieces as well...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  6. #6
    . willekeurig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was at a small pre christmas party with three other Delta NF:s and one SLI yesterday. After a few drinks the main activity became touching and hugging and jokingly hitting on the SLI because "that cold bitch attitude is sure just a false front and secretly she loves us all". She bitched about it of course, but also remained physically really passive. She never took a step back or told anyone to stop and even followed direct orders at times ("Give me a real hug and not some crappy one arm thing"). It's always been like that with her. Either we're right and she actually likes it or then that's one weird way her self-hatered manifest.
    Last edited by willekeurig; 04-28-2014 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

  7. #7
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a serious, aristocratic, unvalued Fe approach towards hugging

  8. #8
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Nice article that you linked there. My experience with LSEs has been identical.
    Is that your blog? I like it a lot! Will read your other pieces as well...
    Yes, that's my blog. Thanks for the compliment!
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would support the "intimacy hypothesis". My GF is an SLI, and she surely likes being hugged, and also she began to progressively use hugging as a way of interchanging some raw personal bond in a sensual manner. (which I believe she learned from being hugged by me... Naturally finding a practical application to it). I think Si is SLI natural sacred zone, so touching them can be engaging as soon as it doesn't vioate their sense of control over their innervations. If you hug awkwardly then SLI would notice this. It can only be exchanged when this comes naturally and with confidence. So she hugs me as well, spontaneously, specially when she wants to get my attention diverted from whatever i'm lost in. I would say that as long as there is Fi present, backing up the Hug, the Fe part of hugging becomes rather unimportant.
    Wisdom: Knowledge condensed in antithetical propositions.

    "Life is all about my most recent and pompous interpretation" [Narcisistic Scoundrel (Begining of Humanity - End of Humanity)]

  10. #10
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    You are so right! The ones I know absolutely hate it unless it is a baby or small child. Of course, I feel obligated to commit socially appropriate hugs upon them. SO AWKWARD.
    We might secretly like it. Especially if we find you attractive, physically or otherwise.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  11. #11
    Zola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not necessarily SLI but I am someone who's very awkward about hugging, especially social hugging which I find hateful and completely pointless in every possible way. The thing is I like hugs, I like hugs a lot but I am a private person and they are an intimate thing and unless you're a young child or SO I don't want you touching me any more than necessary and invading my private space like that (and private space includes mental and emotional dimensions which I also don't want invaded by anyone not close enough (and you are unlikely to get close enough without being in a long term relationship with me, so friends or family members (potentially excluding children of my own), no matter how close, are out and it doesn't mean I love them any less). Unfortunately makes things especially awkward with people who want some kind of sign that you care about them. Putting things like this into words is difficult so I don't know if it makes sense or is even the best/most basic reason/explanation and others may have entirely different reasons.

  12. #12
    epheme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Japan
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    430
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I used to work with an SLI who was very awkward and uncomfortable hugging. She even made it a work rule that no hugging was allowed. Of course, no one followed this because people naturally hug. I even saw her scream once a little when an IEE tried to give her a hug. It was quite shocking and the IEE was like, wtf? She didn't seem to like when her husband would hug her either but she would always hug her daughter and this was the only time she didn't seem weird about it.

    Strangely though, once when we were going out of town together for a work thing, I was getting hugs from the employees and she was like "what, no hugs for me?" so then a few people hugged her. It was weird given how much she normally hated hugs. And this was after she implemented the no hug rule. So, I dunno, maybe it just depended on her mood.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyhence View Post
    I would support the "intimacy hypothesis". My GF is an SLI, and she surely likes being hugged, and also she began to progressively use hugging as a way of interchanging some raw personal bond in a sensual manner. (which I believe she learned from being hugged by me... Naturally finding a practical application to it). I think Si is SLI natural sacred zone, so touching them can be engaging as soon as it doesn't vioate their sense of control over their innervations. If you hug awkwardly then SLI would notice this. It can only be exchanged when this comes naturally and with confidence. So she hugs me as well, spontaneously, specially when she wants to get my attention diverted from whatever i'm lost in. I would say that as long as there is Fi present, backing up the Hug, the Fe part of hugging becomes rather unimportant.
    this. that's exactly what my husband did with me. I was very much not a "hugger" when we got together and was shocked how much he craves this kind of contact. He kept hugging me and kind of got me addicted to hugging him through "indoctrination" at some point, lol.
    He's the only person I feel comfortable hugging.
    There are levels of discomfort - starting with the closest family and friends of over 15 years - it's bearable, the rest of the world - not so much... especially not strangers or distant family in this socially enforced manner - I don't get it why invading my private space is supposed to be a polite way of greeting. Let's smile and shake hands, this is well over enough.
    The only greetings worse than hugging is when people want to exchange kisses on the cheeks... omg.

  14. #14
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ha, are you seriously considering SLI now, @aisa?

    BTW, is there anyone left on this forum who isn't married?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Park yes to the first question
    and yes to the second question from my observations (yeah, I know it was rhetorical) - but please look for marriage material outside this forum in real life

  16. #16
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My husband only hugs me, our kids, and our cat. I can't imagine him hugging anyone else. If someone hugged him he'd get very uncomfortable.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  17. #17
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't get the point of hugging and i hate it a lot. Even with boyfriends I just hate physical touch unless its sex or cuddling. Cuddling is pushing it. Hugging is like holding hands, wth is the point.

  18. #18

    Default

    SLIs don't seem to enjoy hugs from strangers, but IME they seem open to them from friends and loved ones. Basically if they sense an Fi bond with you, they're more willing to hug and touch, otherwise they'll keep a respectful distance. They tend to be good at controlling their physical proximity to others; whoever said they have an invisible aura around them is quite right.. it's their Se ignoring function, it works to protect their territory from invasion.

  19. #19
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    My husband only hugs me, our kids, and our cat. I can't imagine him hugging anyone else. If someone hugged him he'd get very uncomfortable.
    I've started counter-phobically hugging some closer friends and family members. I figured wth, if it's going to happen inevitably, why not give into it and initiate it myself. It feels awkward...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I've started counter-phobically hugging some closer friends and family members. I figured wth, if it's going to happen inevitably, why not give into it and initiate it myself. It feels awkward...
    I use hugging as a way of avoiding them kissing me on the cheeks - when I see it coming I just give them the avoidance hug. Still awkward, but better than the other ritual. And there are some elderly members of my family who give people kisses on the lips instead of cheeks. This just makes me want to run away, wth.

  21. #21
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    I use hugging as a way of avoiding them kissing me on the cheeks
    I guess I'm glad I'm not a female.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  22. #22
    epheme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Japan
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    430
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    The only greetings worse than hugging is when people want to exchange kisses on the cheeks... omg.
    Haha, I love when people do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I don't get the point of hugging and i hate it a lot. Even with boyfriends I just hate physical touch unless its sex or cuddling. Cuddling is pushing it. Hugging is like holding hands, wth is the point.
    Omg, you made me lol. I remember the first time my boyfriend hugged me (as just friends) and I was like (on the inside, of course) "This is the most AMAZING hug ever! I'm totally gonna marry this guy! Major swoon." Haha. I think I pretty much knew for sure that I had to date him at that point.

    It's so cool how everyone is so different. How we all need different things. And how there are different people there to fulfill those roles.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by epheme View Post
    Haha, I love when people do this.
    umm... you are serious...? I mean I think you are, but can't be sure, cause my perception of it is - omg why do people have to keep doing it? and it kind of colours my perception of your answer (cause it would have been sarcastic if I had written that )

    I agree that it is interesting how different people are and how different the perception/likes/dislikes can be of such things

  24. #24
    epheme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Japan
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    430
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    umm... you are serious...? I mean I think you are, but can't be sure, cause my perception of it is - omg why do people have to keep doing it? and it kind of colours my perception of your answer (cause it would have been sarcastic if I had written that )

    I agree that it is interesting how different people are and how different the perception/likes/dislikes can be of such things
    Yes, I am serious. Lol. I've noticed about myself that when I meet people if they take the initiative and touch me or hug me or kiss me I automatically feel more comfortable around them.

    It may just have to do with the way I was brought up. My family is very physically affectionate (my mother is Latin and my father is Southern). You know, hug good morning, kiss good night, hug and kiss every time you say hello or good bye (I mean going to the store or work or anything), cuddle on the couch, walk arm in arm. So, that may be why it feels comforting to me with strangers.

    I've also noticed that it feels comforting to me when people feel comfortable enough to invade my personal space. It's like them being comfortable makes me comfortable. However, I don't ever invade other's space and I also don't initiate touch with people I don't know, unless they are being introduced to me by people I do already know. And I don't touch people who clearly don't like it, that just feels rude and defeats the purpose.

    I always feel so awkward when I'm around those families that don't touch. I'm like "Wth? What do I do with my hands?" Lol.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    TIM
    EII sx/so
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    SLIs don't seem to enjoy hugs from strangers, but IME they seem open to them from friends and loved ones. Basically if they sense an Fi bond with you, they're more willing to hug and touch, otherwise they'll keep a respectful distance. They tend to be good at controlling their physical proximity to others; whoever said they have an invisible aura around them is quite right.. it's their Se ignoring function, it works to protect their territory from invasion.
    An LSI I know constantly hugs me, and I think it is because of the Fi bond that they feel as you say. They love to talk about their feelings to me, as well. Sometimes I find it exhausting

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    SLIs seem to hate hugging people when meeting/greeting others. They strongly prefer their own space. They don't seem to care for societal expectations or social cues.

    I have an SLI friend who has no problem though kissing his girlfriend in public, even when she's shy. He's self-confident and seems to like the physical contact.

    It seems SLIs will have no problem initiating contact if they want the physical touch or want to deepen a relationship. They just despise it when it seems 'required' of them by a social rule.
    This is me exactly. Social hugging will not, under almost any circumstances, happen. The only exceptions is if I'm totally wasted.

    But with a gf, I'm completely un-shy of showing public affection. It's weird. I can make out with a girl in front of a crowd of people and feel perfectly fine. But hugging my aunt at a holiday party makes me shudder.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by epheme View Post
    Yes, I am serious. Lol. I've noticed about myself that when I meet people if they take the initiative and touch me or hug me or kiss me I automatically feel more comfortable around them.

    It may just have to do with the way I was brought up. My family is very physically affectionate (my mother is Latin and my father is Southern). You know, hug good morning, kiss good night, hug and kiss every time you say hello or good bye (I mean going to the store or work or anything), cuddle on the couch, walk arm in arm. So, that may be why it feels comforting to me with strangers.

    I've also noticed that it feels comforting to me when people feel comfortable enough to invade my personal space. It's like them being comfortable makes me comfortable. However, I don't ever invade other's space and I also don't initiate touch with people I don't know, unless they are being introduced to me by people I do already know. And I don't touch people who clearly don't like it, that just feels rude and defeats the purpose.

    I always feel so awkward when I'm around those families that don't touch. I'm like "Wth? What do I do with my hands?" Lol.
    umm... my mum's ILI. It's not that we didn't touch at all, but reading your description is a bit surreal, lol.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    This is me exactly. Social hugging will not, under almost any circumstances, happen. The only exceptions is if I'm totally wasted.

    But with a gf, I'm completely un-shy of showing public affection. It's weird. I can make out with a girl in front of a crowd of people and feel perfectly fine. But hugging my aunt at a holiday party makes me shudder.
    I'm a female so it is a bit different as there's more pressure on Fe display in females, therefore I budge and the social hugging does happen, but it always makes me feel uncomfortable as hell...

    I feel exactly the same as you about hugging people versus pda with the one special person.

  29. #29
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    Let me hug y'all at once.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Park... lol


    oh well... what the hell.. it's virtual after all
    there you go:

  31. #31
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLI HUGFEST!
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    SLI HUGFEST!
    now you're pushing it

  33. #33
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    now you're pushing it
    CAN'T ESCAPE

    SORRY

    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol @Park, whatever you're drinking - I want it too

  35. #35
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    The only greetings worse than hugging is when people want to exchange kisses on the cheeks... omg.
    My advice: don't make friends in Holland! ;-)
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  36. #36
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I've started counter-phobically hugging some closer friends and family members. I figured wth, if it's going to happen inevitably, why not give into it and initiate it myself. It feels awkward...
    And then to think that you are from Serbia...
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  37. #37
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    And then to think that you are from Serbia...
    Say what?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  38. #38
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Say what?
    Yes, all the people I know from the former Yugoslav countries seem to be much more comfortable with physical contact than us Northern Europeans. Or is it just a certain breed of Yugoslavs that made their way up here?
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  39. #39
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know what you're talking about, but I like the etymology of their name.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Another proposed etymology is that of the Indo-European root *ser- "to watch over, protect", akin to Latin servare "to keep, guard, protect, preserve, observe".[13]
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •