Thread: Which one would you say fits me better? ESI-Fi or IEI-Ni?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which one would you say fits me better? ESI-Fi or IEI-Ni?

I know I don't post much, you don't know who I am, etc., but

ESI-Fi or IEI-Ni?
    I do identify strongly with Jungian Ni and Fi, so maybe that's all that matters, but I'm just curious if anyone has perhaps personal experiences to illustrate the differences.

Or what's an acceptable theoretical difference?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I don't have the information to speak to your type, specifically, I feel like it might be helpful to clarify a point (which may or may not apply.)

A number of the people typed "ESI-Fi," e.g. on the Socionix celebrity typing board, are likely ethical types from either of the merry quadras, in the classical Socionics sense… That said, on the surface, sometimes these two types can look alike.

To find your type..? It might be difficult to tell whether you exhibit Fe or Fi -- as either an IEI or ESI, they're both strong points -- but it might be easier to tell whether you seek Ti or Te.
    Last edited by JuJu; 12-16-2013 at 12:19 AM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

static IJ is more fitting, you aren't as responsive as analytical in your posts

what's an acceptable theoretical difference?
    all the usual ones: objectivist/subjectivist, positivist/negativist, static/dynamic etc.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmmm, if you strongly identify with Ni and Fi, how about IEI or EII? Both those types have 4 dimensional Ni and Fi and, although either type doesn't value both, they demonstrate the other one so they may use it a lot in private. If you're ESI, Ni would be weak (2 dimensional). Also, as far as differences between ESI and IEI, one is gamma and the other is beta. Looking into Reinin may also be a good idea. As JuJu said, figuring out if you're Se seeking or Te seeking is a good idea, too. You can click on the functions here and read about suggestive Se and Te. If you're ESI, you don't really need help with Se but be sure to also read about creative Se there.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    To find your type..? It might be difficult to tell whether you exhibit Fe or Fi -- as either an IEI or ESI, they're both strong points -- but it might be easier to tell whether you seek Ti or Te.
    I never quit concluded anything on this. I know I identify with Jung's Fi and Ni, which also means I relate to Te and Se as neurotic patterns. There's someone I thought was probably LIE that I seem to have a lot of fun with, but now I realize he's probably SLE. I'm also reconciling the fact that I'm a lot darker and detached in understanding people and such. Jungian Ni is said not to have a strong ego and ESIs aren't typically supposed to be like that. I feel like maybe I grew and became more like an ESI, but that I'm still IEI in how I think and want to play with people.

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    static IJ is more fitting, you aren't as responsive as analytical in your posts

all the usual ones: objectivist/subjectivist, positivist/negativist, static/dynamic etc.
    I can see that. I'm confused about the reinin stuff though.
    I feel I am
    farsighted, yielding, dynamic, democratic, tactical, result, asking
    I feel that's probably not a good way to approach an abstract theory like socionics. So I don't know how much that really matters when putting things into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    Hmmm, if you strongly identify with Ni and Fi, how about IEI or EII? Both those types have 4 dimensional Ni and Fi and, although either type doesn't value both, they demonstrate the other one so they may use it a lot in private. If you're ESI, Ni would be weak (2 dimensional). Also, as far as differences between ESI and IEI, one is gamma and the other is beta. Looking into Reinin may also be a good idea. As JuJu said, figuring out if you're Se seeking or Te seeking is a good idea, too. You can click on the functions here and read about suggestive Se and Te. If you're ESI, you don't really need help with Se but be sure to also read about creative Se there.
    EII is possible. But I don't think so. I don't value Si. The stuff I read about Jung's Si and how different Si-valuing types seem to think in terms of details and Si familiarity - I always found that stuff annoying, but can do it if required.

*I'm probably IEI.