Thread: Adorable Marriage Proposal

Creepy-theticalanti

Default .

Last edited by theticalanti; 06-18-2016 at 01:17 AM.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That whole fucking video is basically my worst nightmare.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    That whole fucking video is basically my worst nightmare.
    Thanks for saying what nobody else had the guts to...

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that was the worst cheer performance I've seen. I could've done that. And yes, I would murder my boyfriend if he ever did that. I am sorry William, I am the ultimate grinch.

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't bad. Kind of sweet.. if she actually wanted that.

If you don't want that it would pretty much the most humiliating thing.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i can't watch the video atm but i'm guessing it was public.

whenever i see public proposals i wonder if they only said yes because everybody was watching and they were scared lol.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks like a nightmare, like all that group cheering for something so private...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ingenious; he pretty much forced her to say yes.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't even bring myself to watch it... I hate marriage proposals even more than I hate weddings. They're so awkward and dramatic, and the person being asked is put on the spot so much. Amazingly there was actually one on Grey's Anatomy that I kind of liked though (the only one in the history of all marriage proposals I've ever seen, and it's not even real), but only because of the very beginning just about gives her a heart attack and then she's cracking up through the whole thing.

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like it. A lot. I'm a silly romantic. I'm married to a ISTP (not sure of his socionics type) and seeing him do something like this would really show me how much he loves me because it would be so out of his comfort zone. And it took him 5 years to get up the nerve to finally propose, so my answer was of course yes, no worries there, no pressure to say yes.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I keep watching this thing. It warms my heart. The girl was so confused at first, taken off-guard, but then she becomes so happy.

I think it's one of the best marriage proposal I've seen. What do you think?
    It's cute

Are you sure you ain't ESE?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not like that to happen to me at all. It would make me very, very, very uncomfortable.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()

"Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

"Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with everything you all wrote. Then I watched the video. You know what? I did not see her feel forced. She is a cheer leader so A. she likes attention in the first place, and B. All her girls were in on it so she probably felt supported and validated by her people. It really was pretty festive, I watched it with the sound turned off, I can see that girl being overwhelmed with amazement. Sometimes grand gestures are okay cause life can be pretty miserable. For some people sharing their love with the world only helps to bolster how they feel for each other so I say by all means go for gold.

Having said all that, if it was me, and it wouldn't be me cause I wouldn't be a cheerleader, but if it was, I would have wanted to feel married to the guy basically well before a proposal came along. I don't really believe in marriage anyway, for my own reasons, so I never really understood the hype.

If you are LSE William, then your Fe Role function, with all it's awkwardness and naivete is loud and clear. When the mascots came running out Fe Role was my first thought.
    Last edited by wacey; 12-14-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wacey View Post
    If you are LSE William, then your Fe hidden agenda, with all it's awkwardness and naivete is loud and clear. When the mascots came running out Fe HA was my first thought.
    It's xLE's that have a Fe HA. LSE's have a Fe Role and Fi dual seeking.

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you imagine someone setting up that whole dance-along thing to propose to themselves or announce stuff about themselves? that'd be hilarious and unexpected..and so anticlimatic. no? I'd probably shed a tear for that.

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wacey View Post
    I agree with everything you all wrote. Then I watched the video. You know what? I did not see her feel forced. She is a cheer leader so A. she likes attention in the first place, and B. All her girls were in on it so she probably felt supported and validated by her people. It really was pretty festive, I watched it with the sound turned off, I can see that girl being overwhelmed with amazement. Sometimes grand gestures are okay cause life can be pretty miserable. For some people sharing their love with the world only helps to bolster how they feel for each other so I say by all means go for gold.

Having said all that, if it was me, and it wouldn't be me cause I wouldn't be a cheerleader, but if it was, I would have wanted to feel married to the guy basically well before a proposal came along. I don't really believe in marriage anyway, for my own reasons, so I never really understood the hype.

If you are LSE William, then your Fe hidden agenda, with all it's awkwardness and naivete is loud and clear. When the mascots came running out Fe HA was my first thought.

I'm so tired that..that one line made me think of this. and laugh.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    It's xLE's that have a Fe HA. LSE's have a Fe Role and Fi dual seeking.
    Hey thanks Joy that's what I meant. Should have double checked the wiki.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you caught that burry.

TIM
    Ni-ILI 584 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These kinds of things make me feel sick.
    "The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools." ― Thucydides

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no problem

TIM
    9w1, sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, it wasn't so bad; it seemed it was very her and very him. Now, it wouldn't have worked for me, but seeing that they enjoyed it was probably the most important thing.

Hopefully the marriage lasts beyond the proposal, though...hopefully they aren't expecting that every day in their married life will be like that proposal, or sadly it won't last.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the element of surprise.

Last edited by Park; 12-25-2013 at 01:30 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    9w1, sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're all so adorable. I love the creativity put into the proposals.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man in China Builds Giant Transformers Replica to Propose to Girlfriend
    http://gizmodo.com/chinese-man-build...pos-1490426517
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like these huge proposals are just ridiculous. More than half of all marriages fail, marriage sucks. If I ever were to get married, I'd prefer he ask me at home after we've already discussed it. I would be so pissed if he made a spectacle out of it. UGH.

TIM
    9w1, sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The giant transformer is Mega-cool (geddit?!).

But I wonder what's going to happen to it once she says yes (or no)? I wonder if someone in the US would buy it as a collector's item.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I feel like these huge proposals are just ridiculous. More than half of all marriages fail, marriage sucks. If I ever were to get married, I'd prefer he ask me at home after we've already discussed it. I would be so pissed if he made a spectacle out of it. UGH.
    You're sooooo boring...

Hint: you must be Delta!

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    'Public' could be proposing in a town square, with 50-100 passersby. I can understand how proposing on national television in front of millions of people on recorded video can be excessive.
    Unlike other public gagfests, I think this kind of thing actually requires some spine and courage.

And I'd rather watch a whole hour of creative marriage proposals than some stupid reality show or staged drama full of pretense and bullshit.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I would not like that to happen to me at all. It would make me very, very, very uncomfortable.
    Someone who really knows and loves you wouldn't do that to you. Well, unless the discomfort is very temporary and you'll love them forever for it. It's something they need to assess carefully.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I laugh at marriage proposals. I suppose that, by the time you feel comfortable enough with someone to get married, there is no need for so much fuss. Simply:

Person 1) "Hey, I was thinking that we should marry...".
    Person 2) "Sure, sounds good.".
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.