Hybrid View

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Betas not hanging out with betas

I notice that betas don't seem to hang out with other betas. This seems to be difficult. I suspect its because a lot of betas are often in a more socially dominant position. Am I the only one to experience this? Betas seem kinda hard to get, even as friends. I seem to have a lot of alpha and gamma friends. Deltas can fuck off because they don't know shit about anything anyway.

Thoughts?
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. Is this actually true?
    I've definitely seen betas hanging out with other betas...

I don't know, beta strikes me as one of the most "fun and intense" quadras, and who else are you going to get to sustain that atmosphere if not other betas?

Then again, maybe there is a whole world of beta in-fighting that I don't know about.

(I have, now that you've mentioned it, viewed dramatic beta friendship breakups and get-back-togethers, sex and tears, etc. But betas are deeper than the stereotype. I don't know, I'm fond of betas and they are various. )

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever meet those gangs of four guys huddled in a circle, smoking and talking during work breaks? A lot (not all, obviously) of them are betas.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my best friends is EIE. That makes one beta I often hang out with. We're almost as close as sisters. When she gets drunk I have to look after her and so on.
    There are also some betas in my youth group.
    And my family is a mixture of betas and alphas - and I really like to go to family gatherings because the atmosphere is always nice.

I find myself hanging around with people who share my interests. I'd rather hang out with a group that talks about video games, music, science or something like that than with a group that talks about shoes, hip hop dance and weddings. Regardless of quadra.

Sometimes I find myself suddenly surrounded by betas. Just last Friday I met another Archaeology student at the train station who was on his way to practice with his band and in the train we met members of some other punk rock band. So suddenly I was surrounded by all those long haired metal guys drinking beer and I felt strangely comfortable because I think in tht constellation every beta type was represented. xD
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm just in the wrong place. Colorado seems to be Alpha the farther you go away from town, and gamma the closer in you get.

If I dug deep, I'd say I have to move to Norway.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just make some socionics friend tryouts on craigslist

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Maybe I'm just in the wrong place. Colorado seems to be Alpha the farther you go away from town, and gamma the closer in you get.

If I dug deep, I'd say I have to move to Norway.
    Norway? O_o Beautiful country, but covered in darkness for half a year...

I guess, Germany, especially the middle/southern part is really a beta friendly place.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    I guess, Germany, especially the middle/southern part is really a beta friendly place.
    Yeah all those "Vereins" with unwritten rules...(but if there's an ISTj around that explains to me the unwritten rules in detail, I can generally get on)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah all those "Vereins" with unwritten rules...(but if there's an ISTj around that explains to me the unwritten rules in detail, I can generally get on)
    Yeah, especially Rhine-Hessian carnival clubs. Carnival in general is a nice festival for betas, it's all about making fun of the military, getting drunk, just having fun. xD

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Unless you're ethnic, from what I've heard...?

My bf's skydiving friends seem to all be betas. They work out if you're good enough, then invite you to join a secret elite club where they all tell each other to harden the fuck up when they get seriously injured, greet each other with stuff like "gobble some balls mate" and go on hush hush expeditions to illegal BASE jumping spots I think they also ordered some cryptic insider joke stickers to put on their gear.
    lol, yes!

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Most of my friends are betas.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Southern california definitely has a beta vibe to it and when I was in new york area it seemed to have the right atmosphere to attract betas. I haven't noticed what the op has described. All quadra are socially selective to an extent and you aren't going to click with every person from your own one.

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Ever meet those gangs of four guys huddled in a circle, smoking and talking during work breaks? A lot (not all, obviously) of them are betas.
    those are actually all alphas conferring over how to divide their Si spoils

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    those are actually all alphas conferring over how to divide their Si spoils
    not ime, though not out of character for any quadra.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically 2/3 of my office are betas. Theres so much lighthearted shit talk to deflect with sardonic inanity.

Sometimes you just gotta talk some shit or lie out your ass. Betas will follow.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My interaction with betas always seems to be very understanding. Its like, we see each other, we knod in passing, and then we go on making friends with non-betas. Bah.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me say/shout profane and morally depraved bullshit and I'll generally hang around for a bit. Do that and then get drunk with me and complain/talk shit about people and talk about feelings and symbolism and freaky ass dreams and I'll go out of my way indefinitely to hang out/get sloshed with you. Dunno, are those beta-ish things? I figured the first part is, I've always related vulgarity to Se (again not sure why?) and a disregard for Fi, and if that were correct, the entirety of beta has the capacity to be a cesspool of fucked-up jokes, which would be delightful.
    I am not covered in thorns
    nor am I covered in mold

https://soundcloud.com/#latitudes-official/latitudes-antechamber

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The party line is that the types are distributed evenly,

http://www.socionics.us/philosophy/t...ribution.shtml

but I think that's some equitist crock of horseshit. Society needs tons more SLI accountants and plumbers than it needs LIE billionaires or LII meta-cognitive philosophers. Got to have more followers than leaders, or you end up with too many cooks in the kitchen.

I'm inclined to believe the MBTI stats are probably closer to the truth, although they probably used Keirsey and are rife with mistypes. (I can't find the link at the moment, but they are saved on my computer as a notepad document.)

Anyway, according to the MBTI stats I have,

Women
    Alpha- 40.5%
    Beta- 10.3%
    Gamma-21.7%
    Delta- 27.5%

Men
    Alpha- 24.4%
    Beta- 17%
    Gamma- 20.5%
    Delta- 38.1%

You might not have many Beta friends because Betas are less common. Which makes sense. The Betas are often stereotyped as the rebel quadra. If there's too many rebels, it becomes the mainstream.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm inclined to believe that Alphas and Betas slightly outnumber Gamma and Delta, but I don't think it's wildly disproportionate. Intuitive types are also fairly common. Especially ILEs and IEEs in my experience.

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    I'm inclined to believe that Alphas and Betas slightly outnumber Gamma and Delta, but I don't think it's wildly disproportionate. Intuitive types are also fairly common. Especially ILEs and IEEs in my experience.
    Eh, it's just the crackpot theory of a slightly deluded ILE. Don't read too much into it.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Maybe betas are more likely to commit suicide... or kill themselves in stupid ways.

SLE jumped off a cliff
    IEI slit their wrists
    EIE starved to death (that pesky Si PoLR!)
    LSI crossed the road when the light turned green without checking if everyone else was following the rules.
    Are we really that desperate?