View Poll Results: alphas, how much do you identify with the "silliness" stuff?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • i'm alpha nt and i relate a lot

2 14.29%
  • i'm alpha nt and i relate somewhat

5 35.71%
  • i'm alpha nt and i don't relate at all

2 14.29%
  • i'm alpha sf and i relate a lot

2 14.29%
  • i'm alpha sf and i relate somewhat

0 0%
  • i'm alpha sf and i don't relate at all

0 0%
  • i'm alpha and i am offended by this question

0 0%
  • i'm not alpha and i'm offended by this question

0 0%
  • i'm not alpha and i'm offended that i lack a voice in this poll

1 7.14%
  • asjflasdkfakl;sjfk;ljfas

2 14.29%
  • i don't type myself and i'm offended that i lack a voice

0 0%

Thread: silly alphas.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default silly alphas.

puns.
    cartoons.
    robin williams impersonating a cat.
    putting a tutu on a cow.
    going sledding with a cowboy hat on.
    etc.

poll.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm too serious to joke all the time like that. =(

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i meant to put, "i don't type myself and i'm offended that i lack a voice" but i fucked up and left the typeless disenfranchised. i also should have had an option for not being alpha but relating. i'm such a failure.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely silly.

The other day I was having a conversation with a delta NF about Moby Dick, who said that "the whale may be evil, but Ahab doesn't seem like a nice man," and I joked, "it's insinuated that it's his early experiences with whales that made him that way," and the delta NF looked at me like... he just didn't know how to respond. But in a nice way. Haha. (Also, this is probably a terrible example.)

Or, in an adult art class the other day, I said, in earnest, "I really like the juxtaposition between the heroic expression on that angel you drew and the forlorn expression on the dolphin that he is saving." Lol. I make pointless comments like this a lot... (The piece is way cooler than I am making it sound, here.)

I sleep with a stuffed animal and think I can feel its emotions and that of some of my other material possessions.

However, I make a distinction between "childlike" and "childish"- a difference between silliness and genuine immaturity.
    I think b/c I grew up around Fi/Te people, I had this social role as being the inept clown. I knew I was incompetent compared to my peers, and sort of played up the silliness. Still, I felt that what was inside that was a certain seriousness, even if tempered by interests that can seem wacky or pointless- I struggled w/ those who didn't understand that finding wonder in random weird things can feel meaningful, especially since lots of things are actually connected.

I take things (read: myself) way too seriously internally.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think every quadra has a different way of being silly.

Like if I wanted to be silly, I would try to think what kind of silly is each quadra.... so for the winners in the drug abuse category....

Alpha - MDMA silly (dancing with molly maybe? Also gently caressing soft things.)
    Beta - Cocaine silly (the man in black says so, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq344ks1ieg)
    Gamma - Meth silly (just enough nu metal silly)
    Delta - Pot silly (what Jerry said, silly)

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    Definitely silly.

The other day I was having a conversation with a delta NF about Moby Dick, who said that "the whale may be evil, but Ahab doesn't seem like a nice man," and I joked, "it's insinuated that it's his early experiences with whales that made him that way," and the delta NF looked at me like... he just didn't know how to respond. But in a nice way. Haha. (Also, this is probably a terrible example.)

Or, in an adult art class the other day, I said, in earnest, "I really like the juxtaposition between the heroic expression on that angel you drew and the forlorn expression on the dolphin that he is saving." Lol. I make pointless comments like this a lot... (The piece is way cooler than I am making it sound, here.)

I sleep with a stuffed animal and think I can feel its emotions and that of some of my other material possessions.

However, I make a distinction between "childlike" and "childish"- a difference between silliness and genuine immaturity.
    I think b/c I grew up around Fi/Te people, I had this social role as being the inept clown. I knew I was incompetent compared to my peers, and sort of played up the silliness. Still, I felt that what was inside that was a certain seriousness, even if tempered by interests that can seem wacky or pointless- I struggled w/ those who didn't understand that finding wonder in random weird things can feel meaningful, especially since lots of things are actually connected.

I take things (read: myself) way too seriously internally.

I found this earlier today. I like it and it seems semi relevant:
    "We are clowns because what else can one be in such a stupid world. Because inside everyone is a lawless clown trying to escape. Because nothing undermines authority like holding it up to ridicule. Because since the beginning of time tricksters have embraced life's contradictions, creating coherence through confusion. Because fools are both fearsome and innocent, wise and stupid, entertainers and dissenters, healers and laughing stocks, scapegoats and subversives. Because buffoons always succeed in failing, always say yes, always hope and always feel things deeply. Because a clown can survive everything and get away with anything." - The Clandestine Insurgent Rebel Clown Army

I've always hated cartoons and silly silly humour though. People like Robin Williams and Jim Carrey give me the creeps.
    Last edited by squirreltual; 12-09-2013 at 10:12 PM.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squirreltual View Post

"We are clowns because what else can one be in such a stupid world. Because inside everyone is a lawless clown trying to escape. Because nothing undermines authority like holding it up to ridicule. Because since the beginning of time tricksters have embraced life's contradictions, creating coherence through confusion. Because fools are both fearsome and innocent, wise and stupid, entertainers and dissenters, healers and laughing stocks, scapegoats and subversives. Because buffoons always succeed in failing, always say yes, always hope and always feel things deeply. Because a clown can survive everything and get away with anything." - The Clandestine Insurgent Rebel Clown Army

I've always hated cartoons and silly silly humour though. People like Robin Williams and Jim Carrey give me the creeps.

Jim Carrey creeps me out too. Although I think he's delta, or something.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squirreltual View Post

I find something like the Clandestine army to be fundamentally too serious, I think they're delta. They take their silliness way too seriously...

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of inoffensive to the point of granola, make sure nobody gets hurt, let's be silly for the sake of being silly and forget the punchline, non-sequitur humor is delta ime.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    a lot of inoffensive to the point of granola, make sure nobody gets hurt, let's be silly for the sake of being silly and forget the punchline, non-sequitur humor is delta ime.
    party pooper.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    party pooper.
    I'm just pointing it out.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put somewhat. I don't really know what you qualify as silly. I generally don't like things that are straight comedy and I despise slapstick. But in general I'm pretty goofy and like goofy people who give very few fucks and just want to chill out and shoot the shit

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

[Today 03:05 PM] squirreltual : you have trustworthy shoes
    [Today 03:05 PM] squirreltual : never trust a man with pointy shoes refi
    [Today 03:07 PM] Reficulris : i'm wearing pointy shoes as we speak :'(
    [Today 03:07 PM] Reficulris : they DO look untrustworthy though
    [Today 03:07 PM] Reficulris : I think i'll put them somewhere safe away from where i'll sleep tonight
    [Today 03:08 PM] Reficulris : ...you just made me suspicious of my shoes.... :'(

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now I think there's a conspiracy that tries to make me and my shoes plot against each other! I was just over that idea that ties try to strangle me! Thanks! 5 years of therapy ahead, i'll send the bills to L. Ungs in Socionicstown.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

jim carey annoys me more than robin williams regardless of their types. robin williams seems like a kindly uncle who happens to be annoying but you can forgive him cuz he gives good hugs. jim carrey is more like the obnoxious adhd kid who blames you when he farts.

idk if williams has ever impersonated a cat, lol. sometimes i impersonate a cat. ^^

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i didn't think i liked puns but yesterday somebody said in the middle of a conversation, "if you knead jesus too much he won't rise" and i laughed lol

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've hated jim carrey ever since my brother showed me dumb and dumber.... (although I loved eternal sunshine of the spotless mind and the truman show).

Maybe I just dislike comedy movies... I hate the police academy franchise, the american pie franchise and there's something about mary with a passion.

I like dark comedy...witty comedy... absurd comedy (triangle and robert, anyone?)