Thread: SLE IEI shapeshifters

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLE IEI shapeshifters

So I was having some conversations with my IEI SLE forum, and I was talking about how, when I meet someone new and talk to them long enough, like a week or so, I start to become that person. I start to feel what they feel, I absorb their personality. I listen to their music, I look for their art, I watch their movies...

Most of the IEI's responded with, "Yes I do that pretty much every second of my life every time I talk to someone."

Thoughts? Could this be Fe and Ni at work? perhaps the IEI's ego block makes this a much quicker process, while it takes a lot more time for me to accomplish? Can anyone else relate? What do you think causes this?
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 12-03-2013 at 11:20 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    So I was having some conversations with my IEI SLE forum, and I was talking about how, when I meet someone new and talk to them long enough, like a week or so, I start to become that person. I start to feel what they feel, I absorb their personality. I listen to their music, I look for their art, I watch their movies...
    Where is that, can I join??

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saying that I do this every second of my life would probably be overexagerated. And it wouldn't happen with every person I talk to. Only the ones I'm romantically interested in actually. I start listening to music they like or watch the movies they have watched. It makes me feel closer to that person and in the end I really have a feeling for who they are. But I lose myself in that process and get too attached to a person who doesn't even reciprocate my feelings.
    Sometimes it's like I need to do that, it's like an addiction, but I know it's not really good. :/
    I know some people who do the same thing when they are in love, but in an extreme way so that they even change their profession to do the same things like their partner.
    It could be connected to Fe and Ni, yes.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

weak sense of self

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    weak sense of self
    Sure, there could be a connection to low self esteem, but it's also about getting to know a person through and through. That process works similar to method acting. And identifying with someone else is probably a good thing until a certain point is reached.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sssonyyy View Post
    Where is that, can I join??
    There are like, 4 or 5 SLE's in there. Often times its the SLE-Ti's that stick around. The SLE-Se's tend to join for a week and then dip out. I wish they'd stick around. And only like, 6 or 7 of the people in there are actually IEI's. But its still a great forum and its taught me about what an IEI actually is.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/IEISLE/
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    Sure, there could be a connection to low self esteem, but it's also about getting to know a person through and through. That process works similar to method acting. And identifying with someone else is probably a good thing until a certain point is reached.
    I don't think he was talking about low self esteem. He was talking about weak sense of self.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he was talking about low self esteem. He was talking about weak sense of self.
    But those things are connected. Sense of self, self-perception or what ever it's called is a premise for building up self esteem.
    Could be my sense of self is rather weak and has always been, resulting in anxiety, panic attacks and mild depression from time to time. :/

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm. I suppose so.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

But those things are connected. Sense of self, self-perception or what ever it's called is a premise for building up self esteem.
    Could be my sense of self is rather weak and has always been, resulting in anxiety, panic attacks and mild depression from time to time. :/
    self-esteem is an illusion.

it is normal for members of cults and shared thinking styles to have anxiety, panic attacks etc.

http://freedomofmind.com/Info/articl...ntResearch.php
    Last edited by Satan; 12-04-2013 at 06:40 PM.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is normal for members of cults and shared thinking styles to have anxiety, panic attacks etc.

cult? where did that come from? lol

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christianity is not a cult, mercutio. Don't be so fast to make connections between my mental state and what I believe in, only because you know what church I'm going to now. I guarantee you, the reason for my anxiety is something different. Faith is what helps me to become self aware.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes no sense. "Self-esteem" refers to collection of subjective experiences. Reality of it does not depend on anything except existence of those beliefs.
    That is different from "Self is an illusion" statement where "self" is held to be referring to an objective individual essence.
    That does make sense. In my understanding at least some panic attacks are about a sense of world or self crumbling by disbelief. Which might happen if some beliefs are invested to and forced or protected subconsciously. Something not contained to cult environment.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cult? where did that come from? lol
    mercutio is obsessed with the idea that I'm part of a dangerous cult. :/

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Low self-esteem" usually means negative feeling toward oneself, where as weak sense of self means lack of perception of self and so feelings directed towards it.
    Stably weak sense of self would not produce panic attacks. Anxiety in relation to perception to self would be having it an fearing to loose it because of having just lost some or alternatively having just gained a lot and apprehensively remembering the lack. Anyway, there is no fear in lack of self.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    "Low self-esteem" usually means negative feeling toward oneself, where as weak sense of self means lack of perception of self and so feelings directed towards it.
    Stably weak sense of self would not produce panic attacks. Anxiety in relation to perception to self would be having it an fearing to loose it because of having just lost some or alternatively having just gained a lot and apprehensively remembering the lack. Anyway, there is no fear in lack of self.
    Well, I've read that anxiety can be caused by a weak sense of self, also things like BPD are results of a weak self perception.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

She loves generating drama and conflict. That's why Kadda repeatedly insists that she is a bearer and agent of the Creator's purpose. It's also why she believes in creating a world sunk in the most abject superstition, fanaticism, and ignorance.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are like, 4 or 5 SLE's in there. Often times its the SLE-Ti's that stick around. The SLE-Se's tend to join for a week and then dip out. I wish they'd stick around. And only like, 6 or 7 of the people in there are actually IEI's. But its still a great forum and its taught me about what an IEI actually is.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/IEISLE/
    thx I'm checking it out. I wanna meet some SLE girls.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sssonyyy View Post
    thx I'm checking it out. I wanna meet some SLE girls.
    There's 2. One of them is active, its adrian barger. She's like, exactly the same everything as me, except she's a little bit more into guitars and really quiet and timid, and 5'1". Other than that there's some moroccan chick and a couple other dudes. But if you see her, nolan, and I in there at the same time, you will pretty much have SLE 8's figured out. The 3's 5's and 7's are rarer in the forum.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She loves generating drama and conflict. That's why Kadda repeatedly insists that she is a bearer and agent of the Creator's purpose. It's also why she believes in creating a world sunk in the most abject superstition, fanaticism, and ignorance.
    LOL.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I experience this phenomenon. Not so much with feeling how they feel and whatnot, but taking a serious interest in the type of media they consume. If I find a person to be fascinating on some level, it extends into the type of information they choose to consume. If it's something I've never seriously looked at before, I devour it, and try to understand it.

The way I discover new things, I think it's mostly though other people.