SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    You are a classy dude.
    Thank you.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't wear perfume, but I love the smell of fresh air. If they could bottle that scent, that's what I would wear.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by epheme View Post
    I don't wear perfume, but I love the smell of fresh air. If they could bottle that scent, that's what I would wear.
    Why? Allergie or just a personal choice? There are a couple of scents which can evoke a breath of fresh air... For example Pure White Linen from Estée Lauder.
    If you are interested, I can also suggest a few additional ones... Let me know

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LostInDreams View Post
    Why? Allergie or just a personal choice? There are a couple of scents which can evoke a breath of fresh air... For example Pure White Linen from Estée Lauder.
    If you are interested, I can also suggest a few additional ones... Let me know
    No I'm not allergic. I've just never come across a scent that made me feel like, "Oh, that's me!" I think the smell of fresh air is the only thing that would make me feel that way. I would love suggestions. Fresh air scent here I come!

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

No I'm not allergic. I've just never come across a scent that made me feel like, "Oh, that's me!" I think the smell of fresh air is the only thing that would make me feel that way. I would love suggestions. Fresh air scent here I come!
    Okay... you will have a loooot of stuff to smell, I am preparing a long post with pictures

My tips to choose the right one: do not go over 3 at once. You can use coffee beans to "free" your nose.

If you like the scent in the bottle or on the paper sample, test it inside of the elbow to see the evolution, 2-3 hours at least.
    There are 3 stages of development so, sometimes you can get suprises at the very end... depends on your skin.
    That's why the same fragrance smells differently on different people.

For those who want to emphasize the scent, they can use the corresponding body lotion.
    Or LID's tip: 2 sprays of your perfume mixed with a neutral body lotion.

There are also the ways you put your perfume.
    I have a lot of "perfume" tips actually
    Last edited by Persephone; 05-17-2014 at 08:26 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

@epheme

You would like to find a pearl, a fresh air perfume.
    Such type of fragrance belongs to the aldehyde group.
    The difference with the floral group for example is that there is no possibility to work the air to get the fresh air scent.
    This can be done with flowers. But floral frangrances can also be aldehyded, it's less expensive.
    For example, 5 tons of roses are needed in order to obtain 1l of rose essence. And rose is not the most expensive ingredient so far...

Anyhow, back to the story, or to the chemistry, this type of scent (fresh air, water or soap for example) is merely synthesized.

You can test those:

As I said before:
    Pure White Linen Estée Lauder
    Attachment 3601
    There are at least 3 versions of this:
    The blue one, simply Pure White Linen. The green one called Light Breeze (I wear it when it's really hot outdoors). The pink one is Coral Pink.
    Test all of them if you can, but there is a huge chance for the pink one to be discontinued, it was a limited edition.
    These are flankers from White Linen, which is close to the smell of the wind coming though the freshly done linen. A bit heavier than the pure versions.
    My mother used to wear this... ah I am drowning in the memories...

L'eau par Kenzo
    Attachment 3602
    This one was my crush when I was 19. The packaging was not the same though.
    A surprising fresh mix of ocean water and wind... you can easily imagine soaking your little feet in the crystal water while the breeze is messing with your hair.
    The huge advantage: it is really longlasting compared to other fragrances of the same type.

Prada Infusion d'Iris
    Attachment 3603
    This is a bit different from the above mentioned, rather some kind of humid sweet air in a greenhouse filled with gorgeous flowers.
    I recommend the lighter version, Eau de Toilette.
    It is not very well known so can be a positive point too.

So try those to start... And do not forget to update!
    According to your foundings and impressions, I can adapt my suggestions

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

THANK YOU!!!! I will have so much fun trying them out!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh air is odorless. WTF
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EIE - Fe / E3 sp/so
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kenzo Amour. I love it as a summer during winter perfume.

I tried it at the duty free in Cancun and chose it in 2012 as a fave. But, the ad does capture an idea of the fragrance.

http://m.youtube.com/?gl=CA#/watch?v=gTRmV61ruOs
    "Moral crusaders with zeal but no ethical understanding are likely to give us solutions that are worse than the problems."
    Charles Colson, How Now Shall We Live?

Fe - EIE Harmonizing 3w2
    Married to my dual LSI
    1w9

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Fresh air is odorless. WTF
    No it's not. Fresh mountain air smells very different than fresh morning air in the desert, for instance.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm noticing that I can't tolerate things that are too sweet or floral. These two are my go-to perfumes:

Escada Taj Sunset - This is an fun, flirty perfume, although when I'm wearing it, my Mother-in-Law is always commenting how I smell great (before proceeding to squeeze me again)
    Exotic, juicy and summery as always, Escada Taj Sunset opens with notes of Alphonso mango, nectarine and blood orange. The heart features aquatic flowers with raspberry and pomarosa or Malay apple. The base consists of coconut, sandalwood and musk.

J'adore Dior - I wear this when going out for a little more sophistication.
    J’adore is a luminous fragrance. Its opulent, golden scent shimmers on skin like sunbeams. Sweet but balmy, slightly sharp floral with fresh mandarin in the top; jasmine, plum, orchid and rose in the heart; and amaranth, musk and blackberry in the trail.

I also wear on occasion:

Wildbloom, Banana Republic
    Desir de Rochas
    Tresor Midnight Rose, Lancome

My husband wears Black Walnut from Banana Republic. I highly recommend it to you men
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it's not. Fresh mountain air smells very different than fresh morning air in the desert, for instance.
    "Air is odorless, colorless, and tasteless." ~ Spellman, F. R., Stoudt, M. L. (2013). Environmental Science: Principles and Practices. Chapter 9. The Atmosphere: Basic Air Quality. Page 361.

In other words, it's not the air that smells.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@applejacks, I haven't had a chance to test the others you mentioned (I'll try to get my hands on Escada Taj Sunset somewhere to smell it, cause the description reminds me of Tequila Sunrise drink for some reason, lol )
    I once got J'adore Dior as a present and I enjoyed wearing it for similar occassions to what you described. Made me feel "special"

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    @applejacks, I haven't had a chance to test the others you mentioned (I'll try to get my hands on Escada Taj Sunset somewhere to smell it, cause the description reminds me of Tequila Sunrise drink for some reason, lol )
    I once got J'adore Dior as a present and I enjoyed wearing it for similar occassions to what you described. Made me feel "special"
    Dior just has that "classy" tone to it, but for the lighter / every day occasions, you will LOOOOOOVE Taj Sunset!

Are you sure we're not sisters?
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Dior just has that "classy" tone to it, but for the lighter / every day occasions, you will LOOOOOOVE Taj Sunset!

Are you sure we're not sisters?
    sounds good!

lol I think @StridingStrider suggested sth of the like recently

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the Armani Code I got as a birthday present few years ago. Had a specific dark note, somewhat heavy though not overly, intense yet subdued. Very suiting for colder days and/or nights out.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg @Park, my husband had this Armani... I'm sorry to say this (it's probably just me), but I couldn't stand it. I can't remember having such a strong negative reaction to any male scent, it was weird. He had an aftershave cream by another company with a very subtle similar note to it later on, couldn't stand it either. Wish I'd know what's the "factor".
    On the other hand my husband really loved it and it took a lot of convincing that I'm not gonna get used to it for him to stop using it. Both my parents said it's a nice smell, same with his sister. Idk. And I do like masculine heavy scents usually. pfff

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the plus side BO smells very natural.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    On the plus side BO smells very natural.
    BO Pour Homme by Dior or Gaultier...?

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BO Pour Homme by Dior or Gaultier...?
    BO by Homme Sappius. I recommend it.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish I'd know what's the "factor".
    (Re)search and you shall find.
    Last edited by Park; 05-20-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    BO by Homme Sappius. I recommend it.
    haha, yeah, that's what I thought - maybe you should contact some company and become their lab rat?

BO by Homme Sappius EDT
    StridingStrider limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    (Re)search and you shall find.
    I kind of hoped you'd already know since you mentioned enjoying it.
    yeah, I might actually research it sometime, did so with a few of my favourite perfume names to know which ingredients make it probable that I'll like some other perfume.
    but I guess it'll just end up on the list of things I'll do "one day"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Winter scent is Opium
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Y.../Opium-93.html

and Gucci eau de parfum (It's discontinued but I still find it)
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/G...arfum-684.html

I thought I was ordering my usual Gucci scent but somehow I was so preoccupied that I ordered "Gucci by Gucci". I won't bother sending it back but it cost enough that I will now have to wear it during autumn and winter. I do not like patchouli but others, I asked to smell it, like it. I feel really put off by this scent. Maybe I can give it to someone else.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/G...ucci-1150.html

Perfume water named simply Gucci by Gucci is planned to be the main fragrance for women by this company. The perfume was announced as a floral chypre, with a fruity opening of exotic guava, beautiful Haitian Tiare flower in the heart, and patchouli, musk and honey in the base. Advertisement was directed by David Lynch, known for the movies "Wild at Heart", "Mulholland Drive" and many others, as well as the cult TV shows "Twin Peaks", and as music background of the video the legendary hit of the band Blondie "Heart of Glass" was used. Gucci by Gucci was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Ilias Ermenidis.
    It lasts a long time even when I washed it off. Perhaps I can learn to like the touch of patchouli in this formula but it just reminds me of some wannabe hippies I used to hang with. The pure stuff never smelled nice on them, or anyone else, that I can remember. It is the 2.5 oz bottle too. Would take a long time to use it all since I have others I prefer.

Edit: I had to add this in because it was so...

Last edited by Aylen; 11-05-2014 at 08:10 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sephora.com/balenciaga-paris-P305801

Been wearing this recently. I love it. It makes me feel like a grownup, haha.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These days I generally smell like cotton candy! I should buy more Lucky though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    These days I generally smell like cotton candy! I should buy more Lucky though.
    I love the smell of cotton candy. hah I think that is why I like Gucci EDP so much since it reminds me of candy a bit but there is something more to it. God, I am not trying to review perfumes here but I liked the review I am quoting best. I am ordering another bottle now even though I just received the other Gucci scent, which happened to grow on me overnight, when the patchouli faded some. It is still too strong for every day so I am ordering the one I do like and another bottle of Opium since that one is my winter scent. I prefer spicy to powdery or really flowery scents, usually. I dreamt about a cotton candy type drink a couple of nights ago. The glass was too big (flute style) but the drink was sweet. When I woke up I thought I was trying to order a "Jolly Rancher" but it in the dream I think I called it "Cotton Candy" The bartender knew what I meant.

Hot dry womans skin. To me - perfect gymn to sensuality. But its sort of forbidden in dark world, it hides itself. Exquisitely made, as nor leather neither even cumin are not screaming here, they all are in soft wrappings of neroli - you just drifting away, into the world of fantasies.
    To me - Gucci Eau de Parfum associated with movie Equilibrium (maybe coz of those minimalistic leather costumes and dramatic decorations) as something sad and tragic in its tonality (incense with heliotrope) like when Sean Bean is reading Yeats:

I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread upon my dreams

Bang! - and Christian Bale shoots him down.

Overall - love it, noticeable, long -lasting, futuristic and truly unforgettable

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/G...arfum-684.html

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Right now I'm into these two. I like the slight masculinity of both.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I love the smell of cotton candy.
    Yeah, I figure even people who don't like eating cotton candy like the smell of it. But it's more so that I love the smell of it, of course. And it doesn't smell a lot like cotton candy. It smells exactly like cotton candy!
    SEE

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird thread. I was house sitting a farm for a friend of mine. I invited a guy over for a blind date, we had been chatting frequently before hand. When he came over I couldn't help but notice how good he smelt. He skin smelled like a soft mix of pine trees, spice, and warm summer nights, but NOT like pinesol. I asked him about it, he said it was frankincense essential oil. Ever since that day, I wear this essential oil on my neck and wrists when I go out. People seem to compliment on the scent often, so I don't know? I like alternatives to the alcohol based colognes that just smell like booze to me (the solvent).

I met a women from brazil at a party who explained to me that perfumes should be placed first on your wrists then your neck line towards clavicle. This means your interlocutor needs to be leaning in to smell the perfume! Subtlety is the key, there should be enough aroma in order to notice it when close to the person, and not noticeable enough to make them question whether or not they smelled perfume at all. Scent can strike the unconsciousness right in the kisser. She was very attractive in a classic and alluring sort of way so I took her word for it.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have frankincsence soap. It does smell really nice!
    SEE

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I want velvet orchid by Marc Jacobs at the moment.
    @wacey there are a lot of ways of wearing a perfume.
    Of course it's disagreeable to have a sephora stinking box in front of you..
    I usually put a drop on my wrists, a drop on my neck near clavicles that I make go down between my breasts... a drop behind my knees.
    And a pschitt in the air to make smell my hair good just a little bit.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm obsessed with Prada's Candy. UGH it's amazing

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this thread. There's so many I want to try but not buy incase I don't like them. Anyone know where to order samples?...I guess I could always go to Sephora and smell them..

this commerical is kind of awesome:

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I love the smell of white soap, especially Dove Soap. I've tried some perfume oil blends that try to mimick it, but none of them are that successful.

My absolute favorite is Infusion d'Iris by Prada. It smells wonderful on me. I prefer the EDP to the EDT. I also like Infusion d'Homme because it smells so much like white soap.
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/P...Iris-1795.html

I've had issues with the alcohols in traditional perfumes being very strong. This can be helped by wearing perfume oils that do not contain alcohol. It makes them more of a "skin scent" than traditional perfumes although some of them do have amazing throw. Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (blackphoenixalchemylab.com, bpal.org) has a huge perfume oil catalog, and many of the themes are unconventionally "perfume-y" (like the company Demeter, grass, water, food etc). I've wasted a lot of money on these perfumes, falling for the amazing descriptions and concepts, so these days I'm very picky about what I order. The catalog is soo vast that you have to know what you want/are looking for, and trying samples is much more cost effective (and they're even cheaper on the dedicated forum (bpal.org)) in the Sales/Swaps section rather than ordering samples from the lab itself.

@Kore you may be interested in this company?
    I also like Iris by Prada, nice during the summer. Floral, elusively floating and refreshing.

I tested perfumed oil long ago during my trip to Egypt, I went back to classic perfumes.
    I love oils for bath though , they perfume and sooth the skin.

PS This site looks cool, but shipping is excessive to Europe.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    Right now I'm liking Euphoria by Calvin Klein

I wonder if there's some shortcut to find out what kinds of scents/ingredients work well on you, without having to experiment and be disapointed
    The only shortcut is to test them on your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    I love this thread. There's so many I want to try but not buy incase I don't like them. Anyone know where to order samples?...I guess I could always go to Sephora and smell them..

this commerical is kind of awesome:
    I have this one, I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. Besides it's really long lasting.
    Smelling is not sufficient. Test it on your skin, sometimes chemical reaction gives surprises

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely wear perfume, my current favorite is Calvin Klein Euphoria (someone has already mentioned it here). It makes me think of sex.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intoxicating pheromonal otherworldly aphrodite vaginal vapor

by

rihanna/milakunis/beyonce/katyperry/emmawatson/jessicaalba/halleberry/madonnatyraspears

with passion fruit extract and real cum

o.m.g.

it certainly gets my nether juices flowing and draws men out of bushes on a quest to seek out my bush

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Right now, it's Juicy Couture La Fleur. I can't stand their other scents, but adore this one! Got it as a sample randomly at Sephora, bought the bottle that week.

Besides that, my favorites are Flowerbomb by Viktoy & Rolf, Tainted Love by Tokyomilk, and Turquatic by MAC.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so good, it's almost scentless.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast