Thread: Analyze/Help my IP friend

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Analyze/Help my IP friend

I have not been able to type this friend beyond being fairly sure that he is IP. That is based on his posture (slouchy) his slowness of speech, his dislike of being pinned down to specifics, his overall mellow demeanor. He is very quiet unless you find a topic he likes, then he will open up.
    I made this thread because I think he is going to drown in a sea of paperwork. His apartment is covered with stacks of papers. He has a few little routines about bringing in his mail, placing it in a certain spot and paying bills on time. (He is very anal retentive about that.) But he has no system for the aftermath of bill paying and old paid bills and bank statements are everywhere. When he has to find records for doing his taxes, it is a big trauma. He has helped a few friends with things and has ended up with the related paperwork as well. (Nightmare if they ever need it!) He is bothered by the mess, but if you say hire an organizer, he says a monkey could do this, and he will do it when he has time. It appears that he is never going to dig out.
    As far as typing goes, I’m pretty sure that he is Si valuing. This organizational issue appears to be a role, polr or dual seeking function. (Maybe when the firemen come to free him from being trapped in his apartment he will meet his dual. That seems like the hard way to do things.)

Any suggestions for type?

You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

how do you know he's bothered by it? is that what he tells you when you comment or ask about it?

because it sounds like he's coming up with excuses.

the sli ex had stacks of old crap mail everywhere and i would sneakily throw away old credit card advertisements and 5-year old receipts when he wasn't looking. because god forbid that expired pizza coupon from months prior go to waste. once i got really frustrated during an argument about it and threw a bunch of old useless mail out the door and watched him scramble in the wind to collect it all. i would sit on the floor and try to organize it in several high piles around myself so that he could go through and deal with it later once it was organized...and then he would just mess it all up again, he didn't give a shit.

but all the while, he'd talk about how much it bothered him and how he'd like to take care of it himself. "one day."

if this guy is capable of paying his bills on time he is probably capable of dealing with old paperwork if he actually wanted to. maybe this sounds bitchy, but he is presumably a grown man.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That with the bills and paperwork sounds after my brother and hes probably Fe-SEI. I don't think he will be able soon to manage that himself so I worked a system out with my father that helps him paying his bills etc. It's really not that he hasn't the money to pay it.

What could speak against SEI is that he's quiet because SEI have as main contact IE Fe. On the other hand you almost worked SEI out in your post because you wrote he's Si valuing and Ip.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    how do you know he's bothered by it? is that what he tells you when you comment or ask about it?

because it sounds like he's coming up with excuses.

the sli ex had stacks of old crap mail everywhere and i would sneakily throw away old credit card advertisements and 5-year old receipts when he wasn't looking. because god forbid that expired pizza coupon from months prior go to waste. once i got really frustrated during an argument about it and threw a bunch of old useless mail out the door and watched him scramble in the wind to collect it all. i would sit on the floor and try to organize it in several high piles around myself so that he could go through and deal with it later once it was organized...and then he would just mess it all up again, he didn't give a shit.

but all the while, he'd talk about how much it bothered him and how he'd like to take care of it himself. "one day."

if this guy is capable of paying his bills on time he is probably capable of dealing with old paperwork if he actually wanted to. maybe this sounds bitchy, but he is presumably a grown man.
    Ha! Sounds like the same guy only in this case it's expired Jiffy Lube coupons. He is a grown man and successful as well, and I'm guessing it bothers him because he tries to hide it all when his friends come over (that's when he loses papers and gets quietly upset when he can't find them.) He is a not an anxious person per se but has all these little routines to cope with the world and gets very thrown off if something interrupts his routine. I had the idea that SLIs were better at handling their environment.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    That with the bills and paperwork sounds after my brother and hes probably Fe-SEI. I don't think he will be able soon to manage that himself so I worked a system out with my father that helps him paying his bills etc. It's really not that he hasn't the money to pay it.

What could speak against SEI is that he's quiet because SEI have as main contact IE Fe. On the other hand you almost worked SEI out in your post because you wrote he's Si valuing and Ip.
    He could probably pass for SEI, except the SEI's that I know are more relaxed in dealing with little issues that affect their Si. And they are good with Se when they need to be. This guy is pretty wobbly with his Se. Maybe it is Role Si (ILI)?

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    He could probably pass for SEI, except the SEI's that I know are more relaxed in dealing with little issues that affect their Si. And they are good with Se when they need to be. This guy is pretty wobbly with his Se. Maybe it is Role Si (ILI)?
    Rather IEI. Being unable to deal with paperwork doesn't sound like ILI. Did you consider Delta NF?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ISTp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html