View Poll Results: Choose One

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILI (INTp)

    15 78.95%
  • SLI (ISTp)

    1 5.26%
  • No Opinion/Other

    3 15.79%
Results 1 to 32 of 32

Thread: Let's Settle This: ILI or SLI?

  1. #1
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Question Let's Settle This: ILI or SLI?

    A recent conversation has once more brought up the possibility that I'm Delta > Gamma, so I'm welcoming arguments for and against. Even if you have been previously convinced of one type or another for me in the past, take a step back and rethink it for a moment. Based on what you know about me, what would you say?

    I will field your questions if you have them. And if you like, VI material can be provided on request.

    Poll is anonymous and expires after 90 days.

  2. #2
    A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    TIM
    ill
    Posts
    3,055
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please provide candid photographs of your neck.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

    Brought to you by socionix.com

  3. #3
    Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILI cpig. I don't see how you could fathom anything else. It's not an argument, just my honest sentiment. If it means anything, your sense of humor has always seemed decidedly gamma to me. An SLI would probably think of you as crass.

  4. #4
    dugga dugga dun Narc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,288
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mirror relations > Supervision.

    Pretty obvious to me.

  5. #5
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know much about you but we had some conversation about economy (taxes). Your views imply more Ni than Si and as Delta ST like @Eldanen said I see your views as crass, unrealistic and even harmful.

  6. #6
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,624
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    i don't agree with all of his political views either. the thought process might be type related but not the opinions themselves.

    (i voted ILI)

  7. #7
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I don't know much about you but we had some conversation about economy (taxes). Your views imply more Ni than Si and as Delta ST like @Eldanen said I see your views as crass, unrealistic and even harmful.
    This is exactly the sort of thing I speak out against when I complain that Socionics is unscientific, and incapable of accurately modelling personality or describing cognitive processes.

    Nevertheless, I started this thread precisely because I wanted to indulge in the hypothetical. So let's pretend the quoted statement actually means something.

    Your error is in believing personal opinions and beliefs must correlate with functional preferences and/or possibly quadra values. Are all Alphas therefore communists, or is it all communists must be Alphas? Indeed, authoritative totalitarianism in general must be exclusive to the Beta quadra!

    This attitude is as erroneous and irrelevant as conflating specific behaviors with reliable indicators of type. It's no different than rehashing ridiculous stereotypes like " types love food, ergo the best chefs must have in their ego block." Please.

  8. #8
    without the nose Cyrano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You can be honorary SLI for a day...That's it.
    ISTp
    SLI

    Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

  9. #9
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,269
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILI

  10. #10
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILI
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  11. #11
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    This attitude is as erroneous and irrelevant as conflating specific behaviors with reliable indicators of type. It's no different than rehashing ridiculous stereotypes like " types love food, ergo the best chefs must have in their ego block." Please.
    Do ya like fuzzy blankets?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  12. #12
    Creepy-theticalanti

    Default

    I voted ILI.

  13. #13
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is no one going to at least play Devil's Advocate?

  14. #14
    Marshmallow Foru-m chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    At the
    TIM
    Puca
    Posts
    1,458
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    Is no one going to at least play Devil's Advocate?
    I clicked SLI... I'll do it later.
    Amber casts infinity of shadows, and my Avalon had cast many of its own, because of my presence there. I might be known on many earths that I had never trod, for shadows of myself had walked them, mimicking imperfectly my deeds and my thoughts.

  15. #15
    A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    TIM
    ill
    Posts
    3,055
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I clicked SLI... I'll do it later.
    Ahahaha.

    We're looking forward to it.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

    Brought to you by socionix.com

  16. #16
    Zero11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    'The eyes can tell apart the perception processes.
    - - - Ne/Si eyes toggle between naive and scowling with concentration.
    - - - Ni/Se eyes toggle between zoned-out and locking-on.'

  17. #17
    Marshmallow Foru-m chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    At the
    TIM
    Puca
    Posts
    1,458
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Ahahaha.

    We're looking forward to it.
    shocking.
    Amber casts infinity of shadows, and my Avalon had cast many of its own, because of my presence there. I might be known on many earths that I had never trod, for shadows of myself had walked them, mimicking imperfectly my deeds and my thoughts.

  18. #18
    Marshmallow Foru-m chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    At the
    TIM
    Puca
    Posts
    1,458
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    'The eyes can tell apart the perception processes.
    - - - Ne/Si eyes toggle between naive and scowling with concentration.
    - - - Ni/Se eyes toggle between zoned-out and locking-on.'
    I agree and I’ve read something similar in Jung. I’m certain I’ve posted the gamma wolf video before.


    @Capitalist Pig I am not very familiar with you, so I chose SLI because it’s more likely. What reasons do you have for thinking you might be ILI?
    Amber casts infinity of shadows, and my Avalon had cast many of its own, because of my presence there. I might be known on many earths that I had never trod, for shadows of myself had walked them, mimicking imperfectly my deeds and my thoughts.

  19. #19
    Marshmallow Foru-m chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    At the
    TIM
    Puca
    Posts
    1,458
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Ahahaha.

    We're looking forward to it.
    Maybe @FoxOnStilts could help?
    Amber casts infinity of shadows, and my Avalon had cast many of its own, because of my presence there. I might be known on many earths that I had never trod, for shadows of myself had walked them, mimicking imperfectly my deeds and my thoughts.

  20. #20
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Maybe @FoxOnStilts could help?
    ?

  21. #21
    Marshmallow Foru-m chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    At the
    TIM
    Puca
    Posts
    1,458
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    ?
    Dude! You used to do this all the time...Remember?
    Amber casts infinity of shadows, and my Avalon had cast many of its own, because of my presence there. I might be known on many earths that I had never trod, for shadows of myself had walked them, mimicking imperfectly my deeds and my thoughts.

  22. #22
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    This is exactly the sort of thing I speak out against when I complain that Socionics is unscientific, and incapable of accurately modelling personality or describing cognitive processes.

    Nevertheless, I started this thread precisely because I wanted to indulge in the hypothetical. So let's pretend the quoted statement actually means something.

    Your error is in believing personal opinions and beliefs must correlate with functional preferences and/or possibly quadra values. Are all Alphas therefore communists, or is it all communists must be Alphas? Indeed, authoritative totalitarianism in general must be exclusive to the Beta quadra!

    This attitude is as erroneous and irrelevant as conflating specific behaviors with reliable indicators of type. It's no different than rehashing ridiculous stereotypes like " types love food, ergo the best chefs must have in their ego block." Please.
    You got me wrong if you think I mean capitalism without bounderies is reserved for the gamma quadra. But it's my fault because I was to lazy to write more and made a personal statement at the end. Look at my typing thread if you don't believe me I don't try to figure out my type based on stereotypes.

    But what I really believe is that it's more likely that an intuitive type is more prone to believe in an unproofed system who only exists as thought construct.
    Communism or Nationalsozialismus don't count because you have examples in history to compare with it. While your believe of a capitalistic state where even lawenforcement is in the hands of privates isn't comparable due to lack of significant examples.

  23. #23
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    @Capitalist Pig I am not very familiar with you, so I chose SLI because it’s more likely. What reasons do you have for thinking you might be ILI?
    Do you think SLIs are more common in population than ILIs?

  24. #24
    Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Do you think SLIs are more common in population than ILIs?
    I used to think that gamma was the least populous quadra, but now I'm not so certain. I see members of every quadra on a daily basis, so the question seems irrelevant. The appearance of gamma having the fewest members might come from the natural tendency of people in that quadra preferring smaller groups, and partaking in different leisure activities. I can't say for certain which is the case.

  25. #25
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    I used to think that gamma was the least populous quadra, but now I'm not so certain. I see members of every quadra on a daily basis, so the question seems irrelevant. The appearance of gamma having the fewest members might come from the natural tendency of people in that quadra preferring smaller groups, and partaking in different leisure activities. I can't say for certain which is the case.
    According to Augusta types are equally distributed. NTs bring rare is a MBTI thing.

  26. #26
    Marshmallow Foru-m chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    At the
    TIM
    Puca
    Posts
    1,458
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Do you think SLIs are more common in population than ILIs?
    I'm certain of it.
    Amber casts infinity of shadows, and my Avalon had cast many of its own, because of my presence there. I might be known on many earths that I had never trod, for shadows of myself had walked them, mimicking imperfectly my deeds and my thoughts.

  27. #27
    A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    TIM
    ill
    Posts
    3,055
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cool story, Brah.

    You're the rarest.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

    Brought to you by socionix.com

  28. #28
    Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Cool story, Brah.

    You're the rarest.
    Being rare isn't necessarily a good thing. It means evolution isn't selecting your kind very often.

  29. #29
    A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    TIM
    ill
    Posts
    3,055
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tell that to ChrisCorey.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

    Brought to you by socionix.com

  30. #30
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @chriscorey http://www.socionics.us/philosophy/t...ribution.shtml give it a read. On what is you certainty founded?

  31. #31
    A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    TIM
    ill
    Posts
    3,055
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, ChrisCorey, that was a throughly convincing argument. We are blown away.
    Last edited by Scapegrace; 11-29-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

    Brought to you by socionix.com

  32. #32
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fail.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •