Thread: Intention : Action

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Intention : Action

This is something that has been on my mind lately.
    The alignment of intentions with the will and capacity to carry them out.

How often do you act on your intents? What is the proportion of your intentions to your actions? Do you find yourself wanting to do more than you're able to accomplish or are your abilities and needs in alignment? When you cannot realize that which you have intended what are the most common barriers in your way?

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i remember hearing somewhere that we always create the outcome we want. which might not be technically true (i mean, for one, shit happens), but i've sort of adopted the philosophy that if i want something bad enough i'll work to get it. it's both empowering in the sense that i don't have excuses and relaxing in the sense that i do have that one excuse, grounded in my own responsibility: i must not want it that bad. it also helps me have a sense of my priorities in an existentialist kind of way - my actions define my priorities, whether i like it or not, and not the other way around.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have lots of ideas and intentions. Not very many are realized. I get distracted, or move on to something more pressing, or am fearful that my idea is bad, or feel the idea is too difficult to carry out. I benefit from encouragement, inspiration, structure and working with someone else. How about you?
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    How about you?
    I usually focus on one intention and try to realize it but sometimes it feels empty once I've got it. It varies. Sometimes I have many ideas about the things that I want to do, but no means of getting there. I've been trying to find a balance between this empty feeling and feeling inspired but insufficient. When I have this balance is when I feel most fulfilled but it's very rare that I get to this point. I was hoping someone would have some advice