Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 58

Thread: Could anyone help me figure out if I'm a EII or SEI?

  1. #1
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Could anyone help me figure out if I'm a EII or SEI?

    Hello!

    I'm somewhat new to socionics. A while ago, I took a personality test on sociotype.com and got EII, but actually looking into the quadras, functions, and dichotomies, I'm not entirely sure if I'm a Delta EII or an Alpha SEI. I know for certain that I value Si and Ne, but I don't know if I value Fi/Te or Fe/Ti. I've tried looking on different websites to figure out the difference, but the descriptions of Fi and Fe in particular don't seem to be consistent or grounded to me. I really just can't see how they're two completely different things or where the line between them lies.

    I was planning on writing out a big post about myself, different aspect of my personality, and what I think they mean, but then I realized that I don't know if my perception of myself is completely accurate. I was trying to avoid painting myself a certain way and including information that irrelevant,contradictory, or inaccurate. As a result - and being the incredible indecisive person that I am - I couldn't get anything useful or meaningful into the post. So instead, I think it would be better if someone asked questions that would conclude what my type is? Such as "do you do this," "how do you feel about this," or point out some of the major fundamental differences between the two types or something?

    So would anyone be willing to help me out?

    Sorry in advance if this post is confusing or not specific enough.

  2. #2
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,779
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ypiret View Post
    I'm somewhat new to socionics. A while ago, I took a personality test on sociotype.com and got EII, but actually looking into the quadras, functions, and dichotomies, I'm not entirely sure if I'm a Delta EII or an Alpha SEI. I know for certain that I value Si and Ne, but I don't know if I value Fi/Te or Fe/Ti. I've tried looking on different websites to figure out the difference, but the descriptions of Fi and Fe in particular don't seem to be consistent or grounded to me. I really just can't see how they're two completely different things or where the line between them lies.
    would you say that you're better at synthesizing events together, seeing how one thing leads to another, or analyzing any particular event?
    what sort of criticism are you most sensitive to? does it have more to do with S-related or T-related subjects?

  3. #3
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Welcome, Ypiret!

    Some questions to get the discussion going:

    What made you choose your username, Ypiret?
    When I was little, I wanted to have a username without numbers without just being completely random. So I Google translated the meaning of my name into Greek, cut off the last two letters, and I've used it ever since. I have no idea if it's actually accurate though.

    You say you're 'somewhat new' to socionics? What experiences do you have already? Just those tests that you took? How long have you been studying socionics?
    I've only known about socionics for about two weeks. I started with MBTI, but it was really vague and community seemed more focused on using it to justify looking down on people(particularly sensors) instead of using it to find out more about themselves or other people. I know about the functions, dichotomies, quadras, and intertype relationships, but not on a very detailed level. I would never claim to be a expert.

    What do you like to do for fun in your free time?
    I don't do anything really exciting. I don't go out to parties or drink or anything like that. I have a few friends, and on the weekends we mostly just wander aimlessly around the city and campus until we find a place to just sit down and talk. Now that I think about it, we spend a large amount of time playing games. In particular, games with concealed rules. We also do this thing while we're walking when we'll make up a story by passing around out room keys. For example, I'd say "Once upon a time there was a boy named Greg," then I would give the key to someone else and they would say, " who was half dinosaur as a result of a failed government experiment." We usually end up with some pretty crazy stories by the time we reach our destination. We're also kind of geeky, so we'll play Magic the Gathering and when no one really wants to do anything, we just watch Netflix. On my own though, I lift weights and watch youtube videos.

    What country do you live in? Do you identify with their culture?
    I live in the United States. I wouldn't say that I identify with the culture.

    Do you like listening to music? If so, what music do you like?
    I love music! I really like downtempo and electronic music. However, I pretty also like a little bit of almost every genre except country music (no offense to anyone who likes country music).

    Do you enjoy reading? What things do you like to read?
    I love fiction novels! I like the idea of escaping reality and going on a journey within your own mind.
    Anything with romance is great too.
    I would say my favorite books are the Ugly series by Scott Westerfeld.


    How did you find out about socionics?
    I had taken a break from MBTI because of the reasons mentioned above, but went back to Personality Cafe and saw it's socionics section and looked into it. Then I ended up here, but I don't really remember how.

    *Disclaimer* And don't worry about answering the questions a certain way. I feel the advice of 'just be yourself' can be confusing, if you're not sure what that is. Just say what comes naturally. And you don't have to worry if your type is discovered from this first post/thread you made. In my experience, I've found that over time, if you stay active and post on the site, your true type will come out and become obvious. As Animal says, your type 'sneaks up on you'. The more posts you make, the more your natural thought process comes out, and the more obvious your type becomes. So kick back and take it easy and join in the discussions and other threads on the site.
    Thank you! I will.
    Also I will gladly expand my answers on any of my answers if they're not detailed enough!

  4. #4
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    would you say that you're better at synthesizing events together, seeing how one thing leads to another, or analyzing any particular event?
    I would say synthesizing event together, but I'm not entirely sure. Could you give an example of each?

    what sort of criticism are you most sensitive to? does it have more to do with S-related or T-related subjects?
    I think I'm most sensitive to performance and appearance criticism although I'm not entirely sure; I don't like hearing that I did a bad job or that I look bad, even if I know it's true. Also, what are S-related and T-related subjects?
    Thanks for responding!
    Last edited by Ypiret; 11-25-2013 at 05:48 PM.

  5. #5
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ypiret
    I've only known about socionics for about two weeks. I started with MBTI, but it was really vague and community seemed more focused on using it to justify looking down on people(particularly sensors) instead of using it to find out more about themselves or other people. I know about the functions, dichotomies, quadras, and intertype relationships, but not on a very detailed level. I would never claim to be a expert.

    I don't do anything really exciting. I don't go out to parties or drink or anything like that. I have a few friends, and on the weekends we mostly just wander aimlessly around the city and campus until we find a place to just sit down and talk. Now that I think about it, we spend a large amount of time playing games. In particular, games with concealed rules. We also do this thing while we're walking when we'll make up a story by passing around out room keys. For example, I'd say "Once upon a time there was a boy named Greg," then I would give the key to someone else and they would say, " who was half dinosaur as a result of a failed government experiment." We usually end up with some pretty crazy stories by the time we reach our destination. We're also kind of geeky, so we'll play Magic the Gathering and when no one really wants to do anything, we just watch Netflix. On my own though, I lift weights and watch youtube videos.


    I live in the United States. I wouldn't say that I identify with the culture.

    I love music! I really like downtempo and electronic music. However, I pretty also like a little bit of almost every genre except country music (no offense to anyone who likes country music).

    I love fiction novels! I like the idea of escaping reality and going on a journey within your own mind.
    Anything with romance is great too.
    I would say my favorite books are the Ugly series by Scott Westerfeld.



    I had taken a break from MBTI because of the reasons mentioned above, but went back to Personality Cafe and saw it's socionics section and looked into it. Then I ended up here, but I don't really remember how.
    Based on your responses I would put you in Delta Quadra and probably a ego. Also Scott Westerfeld theory seems a Delta Architype of small individualistic communities in rebellion against collectivist hegemony.

  6. #6
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Based on your responses I would put you in Delta Quadra and probably a ego. Also Scott Westerfeld theory seems a Delta Architype of small individualistic communities in rebellion against collectivist hegemony.
    Interesting. Could you explain why you think I use as apposed to ? What kind of things do user do that I seem not to?
    Also if you think is in my ego, how can I tell it it's my leading or creative function?

    I'm also open to receiving any typing. I am pretty sure I'm either one of two types in the title, but if anyone thinks I'm an IEE for example or anything else, I'll definitely take it into consideration.

    Thanks for the response as well! Sorry if I'm asking too many questions!

  7. #7
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ypiret View Post
    Interesting. Could you explain why you think I use as apposed to ? What kind of things do user do that I seem not to?
    Also if you think is in my ego, how can I tell it it's my leading or creative function?

    I'm also open to receiving any typing. I am pretty sure I'm either one of two types in the title, but if anyone thinks I'm an IEE for example or anything else, I'll definitely take it into consideration.

    Thanks for the response as well! Sorry if I'm asking too many questions!
    Keep in mind this is quite tentative.

    I think the way to speak is more due to your focus on personal likes/dislikes and your relationships vs emotional self expression. The sentiments you express are not in the moment and are about things which are fairly unchanging.

    You volunteered a lot of this information unprompted as well, although you answered William's questions directly, a lot of your personal sentiments are unpromoted. One of those things that I have notice with ego functions is that even if you respond to some information or question which is unrelated to the ego, these tangential(depends on who's observing and taking in this information) bits of information will also be conveyed.

  8. #8
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Keep in mind this is quite tentative.

    I think the way to speak is more due to your focus on personal likes/dislikes and your relationships vs emotional self expression. The sentiments you express are not in the moment and are about things which are fairly unchanging.

    You volunteered a lot of this information unprompted as well, although you answered William's questions directly, a lot of your personal sentiments are unpromoted. One of those things that I have notice with ego functions is that even if you respond to some information or question which is unrelated to the ego, these tangential(depends on who's observing and taking in this information) bits of information will also be conveyed.
    Oh neat!

    I probably would have never been able to notice those things from my answers just looking at them myself. In retrospect, I do insert my own sentiments kind of often in casual conversation. Yikes, I hope I don't come across as self-centered.

    Also I appreciate the fact that you reminded me that this is tentative. I'll try to remain flexible!

  9. #9
    pluie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Posts
    300
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Ypiret! Welcome!

    Can I ask what about personality typing interests you? Specifically OR generally. (By specifically, I mean, feel free to talk about why you just like socionics or why you like all the personality typologies you have interest in)
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

  10. #10
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    What is your external emotional demeanor like?
    What kind of emotions do you notice in other people and pets?

    Also, I think you're initially too polite to be EII. EII are standoffish, cold, hold themselves at a strict emotional distance to others.

  11. #11
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pluie View Post
    Hi Ypiret! Welcome!

    Can I ask what about personality typing interests you? Specifically OR generally. (By specifically, I mean, feel free to talk about why you just like socionics or why you like all the personality typologies you have interest in)
    Hello and thanks!

    That's kind of a tough question. I've always kind been interested in personality classifications. I remember when I got into Avatar: The Last Airbender in elementary school and took online quizzes to see what nation I would be a part of or what type of bender I would be. I was also into astrology an underclassmen in high school.

    Generally tough, I would say that I like the idea of being classified. Not like in a weird way, but I like feeling like I belong or am part of a group. I also like to find out what people around me are like and what type of relationship I could and should be forming with them. I know that no system is a perfect guide to living your life and interacting with people, but I want to believe it helps.

    Specifically though, I like how detailed socionics is and how it focuses on intertype relationships. I like the idea of optimal life partners and quadras and how all the dynamics are spelled out and make so much sense. To me it seems like it has nearly everything other systems might lack.

    Hopefully these answers are sufficient! I feel like I'm not writing enough in these responses.
    Just let me know if you need more information!
    Last edited by Ypiret; 11-26-2013 at 05:18 PM.

  12. #12
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    What is your external emotional demeanor like?
    I would say that I'm typically very friendly. At the same time though, I'm not very outgoing. I'm for the most part reserved and keep to myself but I gladly accept the company of others. I'm also quiet and am often told to speak louder by my friends and family. I smile a lot too, but I would generally say that I kind of clam up if the people around me seem unreceptive, unfriendly, or aggressive.

    I'm not entire sure if I answered this question correctly. Is my answer sufficient?

    What kind of emotions do you notice in other people and pets?
    I would say all kinds. I actively watch people's facial expressions, movements, and listen to their tone of voice to figure out how they're feeling or what they may be thinking underneath the words that they say.

    Also, I think you're initially too polite to be EII. EII are standoffish, cold, hold themselves at a strict emotional distance to others.
    Aw, Thanks! Also interesting. I would not say that those things describe me at all. If I do appear cold to someone, it's probably because I feel to shy or don't feel comfortable enough to speak.
    Thanks for the response!

  13. #13
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ypiret View Post
    Thanks for the response!
    What I meant by external emotional demeanor is does your face show a variety of expressions that suit the mood of the moment...like for instance when you're sad...can you wear the longest sad face?

  14. #14
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,272
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah because one type shows emotions and the other does not.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  15. #15
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    What I meant by external emotional demeanor is does your face show a variety of expressions that suit the mood of the moment...like for instance when you're sad...can you wear the longest sad face?
    Hmm...
    I would say yes; I tent to wear my heart on my sleeve. I don't like, put on a show for everyone thought. I tent have "quieter" expressions so that I don't draw unwanted attention to myself, but I'm incredibly far from stoic.
    Last edited by Ypiret; 11-27-2013 at 05:53 PM.

  16. #16
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wacey View Post
    Yeah because one type shows emotions and the other does not.
    Yeah, that's kind of what I'm having trouble with.

    When I look at and in terms of objective and subjective ethics, I believe that I identify mostly with in principle. But when I read about how both of them supposedly act, I believe I identify strongly with in practice.

    What actually made me question being EII was reading that their relationships with their duals - and just Delta relationships in general - aren't outwardly affectionate ones. This didn't seem right to me because I'm a very affectionate person; I am all over people that I like, and wouldn't feel satisfied in a relationship with someone who isn't affectionate as well or was uncomfortable with my behavior.

    I guess I just can't see why their different or why using one results in a certian type of behavior? They just seem like two halves of the same thing to me. Not like and which I can easily differentiate.

  17. #17
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    This explains the difference between and

    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

    An Fe type would look at their dog and say "my dog is happy" while the Fi type may look at the dog and just give it some affection for the bond they have and not put emotional expression behind the dog.

  18. #18
    Marshmallow Foru-m chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    At the
    TIM
    Puca
    Posts
    1,458
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    This explains the difference between and

    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

    An Fe type would look at their dog and say "my dog is happy" while the Fi type may look at the dog and just give it some affection for the bond they have and not put emotional expression behind the dog.




    Depends on the dog ...
    Last edited by chriscorey; 11-28-2013 at 05:58 AM. Reason: truth
    Amber casts infinity of shadows, and my Avalon had cast many of its own, because of my presence there. I might be known on many earths that I had never trod, for shadows of myself had walked them, mimicking imperfectly my deeds and my thoughts.

  19. #19
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    This explains the difference between and

    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

    An Fe type would look at their dog and say "my dog is happy" while the Fi type may look at the dog and just give it some affection for the bond they have and not put emotional expression behind the dog.
    I don't really understand this description of . It keeps talking about bond, unification, and attraction, but It all still seems really vague to me. It also doesn't help that I've read descriptions of that are similar to this article's description of .

    Your example helps, but I can't see why someone can't believe that their dog is happy and give it affection for the bond they have at the same time. Is the idea that users only show affection to change things if they aren't the way they want them to be and users do what they want regardless?

    I think right now I'm leaning toward because I identify with it much more when I look at more basic, bare minimum definitions of the functions.

    I apologize if this is obvious, but I'm terrible at grasping information this way and I get confused really easily. It's much easier for me to learn through examples. Could you or anyone else post more of them?

  20. #20
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ypiret View Post
    I don't really understand this description of . It keeps talking about bond, unification, and attraction, but It all still seems really vague to me. It also doesn't help that I've read descriptions of that are similar to this article's description of .

    Your example helps, but I can't see why someone can't believe that their dog is happy and give it affection for the bond they have at the same time. Is the idea that users only show affection to change things if they aren't the way they want them to be and users do what they want regardless?

    I think right now I'm leaning toward because I identify with it much more when I look at more basic, bare minimum definitions of the functions.

    I apologize if this is obvious, but I'm terrible at grasping information this way and I get confused really easily. It's much easier for me to learn through examples. Could you or anyone else post more of them?
    What I'm saying is that Fe valuers tend to give emotional-human anthropomorphic qualities to other living things whereas an Fi valuer tends to just reaffirm bonds. Yes, someone like an SEI can give it emotions and a bond because of how they demonstrate Fi....also an SEE and an IEE can do the same because of how they demonstrate Fe

  21. #21
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    What I'm saying is that Fe valuers tend to give emotional-human anthropomorphic qualities to other living things whereas an Fi valuer tends to just reaffirm bonds. Yes, someone like an SEI can give it emotions and a bond because of how they demonstrate Fi....also an SEE and an IEE can do the same because of how they demonstrate Fe
    Oh, okay. I think I get it now.

    So an user would be more likely to see a random person is sad and then do something nice for them, while an user would be more likely to do something nice for a friend just because they're friends?

  22. #22
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, no. I am ESI (others think EII), and I do project feelings onto inanimate objects or other non-human creatures, be it jokingly or seriously. From what I recall, that is more Ethical than strictly Fe or Fi.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  23. #23
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,779
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ypiret View Post
    I would say synthesizing event together, but I'm not entirely sure. Could you give an example of each?
    Two examples: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...amics#Examples
    The first example is of static perception (this applies to all EP and IJ types) and the second one is of dynamic perception (applicable to IPs and EJs). Which one of these descriptions sounds more like you?

  24. #24
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,272
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-by-Functions

    These descriptions are actually pretty utilitarian.

    Take a look at the different Information Elements and how the are commenly believed to be expressed in the different blocks. Fe/Fi are nicely summerized for both EII/SEI.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  25. #25
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ypiret View Post
    Oh, okay. I think I get it now.

    So an user would be more likely to see a random person is sad and then do something nice for them, while an user would be more likely to do something nice for a friend just because they're friends?
    yup

  26. #26
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Actually, no. I am ESI (others think EII), and I do project feelings onto inanimate objects or other non-human creatures, be it jokingly or seriously. From what I recall, that is more Ethical than strictly Fe or Fi.
    Interesting. I would say it something I do, but not actively. I'm not really sure how much I do it; It's kind of difficult to reflect on my own actions while trying not to have any bias.
    Last edited by Ypiret; 11-30-2013 at 04:27 AM.

  27. #27
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Two examples: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...amics#Examples
    The first example is of static perception (this applies to all EP and IJ types) and the second one is of dynamic perception (applicable to IPs and EJs). Which one of these descriptions sounds more like you?
    I think I might identify mostly with dynamic.

    So I guess think the idea behind this is that if I'm static then I'm Delta and If I'm dynamic than I'm Alpha given their feeler's function order?

    Also, to make certain, should I describe how navigation works for me like the example given?
    Last edited by Ypiret; 11-30-2013 at 05:24 AM.

  28. #28
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wacey View Post
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-by-Functions

    These descriptions are actually pretty utilitarian.

    Take a look at the different Information Elements and how the are commenly believed to be expressed in the different blocks. Fe/Fi are nicely summerized for both EII/SEI.
    Thanks!

    I really like these descriptions. Even though I feel like I use both frequently, I think I might relate more to the description.
    Last edited by Ypiret; 11-30-2013 at 04:46 AM.

  29. #29
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    yup
    Alright.

    So when my friends need help with homework, what look forward to and want to see the most is the look of relief and happiness when they've worked through something they couldn't figure out on their own. Since I've never really found myself actively helping someone to get closer to them(though it is a nice bonus) and instead do it to see them happy, am I an user?

    Also personally, I'm curious. Base on my posts and the interactions so far, what do you(or anyone else) think my type is? It doesn't even have to be that specific thought. An idea as to which quadra you think I might belong to would be really helpful as well.

    It also doesn't have to be SEI or EII, or Alpha or Delta either. I really have no idea and am open to any suggestion at this point.
    Last edited by Ypiret; 11-30-2013 at 04:53 AM.

  30. #30
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ypiret View Post
    Alright.

    So when my friends need help with homework, what look forward to and want to see the most is the look of relief and happiness when they've worked through something they couldn't figure out on their own. Since I've never really found myself actively helping someone to get closer to them(though it is a nice bonus) and instead do it to see them happy, am I an user?
    You may not be an Fe valuer or you may be. I'm saying that Fe base, creative, activating and demonstrative seem to work in mimicking ways so you may be any one of these.

    I, as an EII, will help to not only as a strategy to get closer to the person but also to make them my moral debtors...sad but reality and true.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ypiret View Post
    Also personally, I'm curious. Base on my posts and the interactions so far, what do you(or anyone else) think my type is? It doesn't even have to be that specific thought. An idea as to which quadra you think I might belong to would be really helpful as well.

    It also doesn't have to be SEI or EII, or Alpha or Delta either. I really have no idea and am open to any suggestion at this point.
    I don't see you as EII.

    I will have to ask a few questions...

    1. In regards to setting and keeping appointments, are you flexible or are you, would you like to be quite rigid?
    2. Do you strive to reach your desired goal quickly? an example is do you want to be type correctly like right now or can it wait and take time?

  31. #31
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    You may not be an Fe valuer or you may be. I'm saying that Fe base, creative, activating and demonstrative seem to work in mimicking ways so you may be any one of these.

    I, as an EII, will help to not only as a strategy to get closer to the person but also to make them my moral debtors...sad but reality and true.




    I don't see you as EII.

    I will have to ask a few questions...

    1. In regards to setting and keeping appointments, are you flexible or are you, would you like to be quite rigid?
    2. Do you strive to reach your desired goal quickly? an example is do you want to be type correctly like right now or can it wait and take time?
    I can't remember a time where I ever did anything for someone to make them my debtor. I mostly just want to see a smile or a laugh or something.

    I regard to your questions:
    1. I would say that I'm pretty flexible. As long as tasks aren't invading on a time I need to do important things, I don't really care when, where, or in what order they get done. When I try to plan, I change decisions kind of frequently so nothing is ever really concrete if I'm in charge.
    2. I would say quickly. Though at the same time, I'm really enjoying this process. I like talking to you guys and I feel like I'm getting a lot of things straightened out in my brain.

    Also If you don't mind me asking, do you just not see me as EII, or not Delta is general?

  32. #32
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ypiret View Post
    I can't remember a time where I ever did anything for someone to make them my debtor. I mostly just want to see a smile or a laugh or something.

    I regard to your questions:
    1. I would say that I'm pretty flexible. As long as tasks aren't invading on a time I need to do important things, I don't really care when, where, or in what order they get done. When I try to plan, I change decisions kind of frequently so nothing is ever really concrete if I'm in charge.
    2. I would say quickly. Though at the same time, I'm really enjoying this process. I like talking to you guys and I feel like I'm getting a lot of things straightened out in my brain.

    Also If you don't mind me asking, do you just not see me as EII, or not Delta is general?
    I just don't see you as EII. Delta is possible.

    For the first one, I would say you're not a rational type. The first question was regarding j/p.
    The second one is in regards to Strategic/Tactical.

    So this would be that you're an irrational Strategic and that would point to SEI, SLE, SEE, SLI, being that you do things to see a smile on a person's face with no alterier motives in mind. What do you think?

  33. #33
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I just don't see you as EII. Delta is possible.

    For the first one, I would say you're not a rational type. The first question was regarding j/p.
    The second one is in regards to Strategic/Tactical.

    So this would be that you're an irrational Strategic and that would point to SEI, SLE, SEE, SLI, being that you do things to see a smile on a person's face with no alterier motives in mind. What do you think?
    Looking into it, I think I am irrational, but I'm not sure about strategic and tactical. I just don't feel confident saying I'm one or the other.

    Do you have any other questions you can ask? They don't have to be about strategists and tacticians either.

  34. #34
    kraut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    TIM
    ISTp
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    S, IP, SF.

  35. #35
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your media/entertainment preferences skew delta, but reading what you've written I think maybe I was a bit off with my initial posts. Your first post is more and seeking while the response to William had some elements, however looking back it's not definitive in your response to William.

    I would include IEI in your consideration because IEI have a way of being agreeable with people as well while at the same time remaining enigmatic and elusive.

  36. #36
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    S, IP, SF.
    I'm sorry, I don't know what this means.

    Are you saying that I'm a sensor, have IP temperament, and belong to the Socials Club?

  37. #37
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Your media/entertainment preferences skew delta, but reading what you've written I think maybe I was a bit off with my initial posts. Your first post is more and seeking while the response to William had some elements, however looking back it's not definitive in your response to William.

    I would include IEI in your consideration because IEI have a way of being agreeable with people as well while at the same time remaining enigmatic and elusive.
    I will definitely take IEI into consideration. At this point I'm not even sure if I value and like I thought I did. Mostly because looking into romance style, I think my role in past relationships is more accurately reflected by Victim and Caregiver behavior.

    I really appreciate your help(and the help of everyone else whose posted). I especially like that your taking aspects of my behavior into account because I have a lot of difficulty with dichotomies. It feels like I can't come to a concrete answer to 90% of them.

  38. #38
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ypiret View Post
    I will definitely take IEI into consideration. At this point I'm not even sure if I value and like I thought I did. Mostly because looking into romance style, I think my role in past relationships is more accurately reflected by Victim and Caregiver behavior.

    I really appreciate your help(and the help of everyone else whose posted). I especially like that your taking aspects of my behavior into account because I have a lot of difficulty with dichotomies. It feels like I can't come to a concrete answer to 90% of them.
    I find socionics a great deal more complicated to type because socionics has explanations for why individuals would use any of the functions, functions like role function(3rd) and demonstrative(8th) are often expressed in a very strong manner(bold functions) even through they are unvalued. In the same way the PoLR(4th) function, and Dual-seeking function(5th) can appear to be primary concerns for an individual, either as a neurotic fixation and as areas of intense(sometimes obsessive) interest. However, once each function and it's role in the psyche is understood, the typing to me is more valid and explanatory then other typologies.

    Another thing is that it's not always extremely evident functional preferences(although they're there) due to the variations in function expression, however this generally becomes more evident as individuals develop themselves fully(in all areas of life) and even narrowly(due to some obsession and/or neurosis).

  39. #39
    Ypiret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I find socionics a great deal more complicated to type because socionics has explanations for why individuals would use any of the functions, functions like role function(3rd) and demonstrative(8th) are often expressed in a very strong manner(bold functions) even through they are unvalued. In the same way the PoLR(4th) function, and Dual-seeking function(5th) can appear to be primary concerns for an individual, either as a neurotic fixation and as areas of intense(sometimes obsessive) interest. However, once each function and it's role in the psyche is understood, the typing to me is more valid and explanatory then other typologies.

    Another thing is that it's not always extremely evident functional preferences(although they're there) due to the variations in function expression, however this generally becomes more evident as individuals develop themselves fully(in all areas of life) and even narrowly(due to some obsession and/or neurosis).
    Yeah...
    Taking into account all of the functions is a lot more intricate than what I'm used to.
    It's kind of initially overwhelming and I don't feel all that confident about the conclusions I come to, but hopefully I'll be able to work through it as I learn more about socionics and myself.

  40. #40
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ypiret View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't know what this means.

    Are you saying that I'm a sensor, have IP temperament, and belong to the Socials Club?
    he means S for Sensory

    Ip for Introverted Perceptual which is Ixxp

    and

    SF for sensory Perceptual as in ISFp or XSFx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •