Thread: Everyone is squeemish

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Everyone is squeemish

I realized today that no one wants to see their own 6th function being taken from others. If an ENTj or ENFj sees someone being dominated it would be very uncomfortable for them, if an intj or infj sees someone being opperated on this would also cause them disstress.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Creepy-Diana

Default Re: Everyone is squeemish

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is nothing a person can do (that doesn't involve me) to irritate me more than allow themselves to be dominated
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana

oh yeah it does! My husband used to like to watch this one channel where they'd do surgeries and stuff -- no idea what channel that was. He thought it was hilarious when I'd ewww and cover my eyes at someone's eye being taken apart, or grab my knee and run out of the room when someone was having knee surgery. I couldn't take it. I would demand that he'd change the channel, or I walk with my eyes closed to the TV to change it myself.
    I don't understand that. I like viewing operations and doing so in no way causes me to be uncomfortable. They way I think about it is that if a person is having an operation then they would have been given an appropriate anaesthetic agent therefore they are not in pain and hence I need not be concerned about their comfort. Basically, we are just viewing body parts which we all have so why be uncomfortable about seeing them in depth?
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    there is nothing a person can do (that doesn't involve me) to irritate me more than allow themselves to be dominated
    I agree with this as well. There is no glory or advantage to being a doormat. Watching a person allowing themselves to be dominated would cause me more discomfort than watching a perfectly controlled surgical operation.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand the difference between and enough to know if this happens.

But I will say that if I see someone like on a tv show or something being stupid and getting caught at it, it makes me cringe and sometiems I have to even turn off the show. LOL
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there doesn't have to be any bullying going on in order for it to irritate me when someone lets her/himself to be dominated
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    I realized today that no one wants to see their own 6th function being taken from others. If an ENTj or ENFj sees someone being dominated it would be very uncomfortable for them, if an intj or infj sees someone being opperated on this would also cause them disstress.
    My FiNe mother was a nurse for god knows how many years. My brother says that she enjoyed making my SeFi father squeamish by recounting the events of the day at dinner time. She also used to recount stories of how she'd deliberately miss a vein when taking a blood sample from some ornary person. She's the one who will work with my daughter when it comes to dissection time. She also has an extensive insect collection which she loves to talk about to those who are actually interested in hearing about it. (If i remember correctly, she got into the insect studies to get over her squeamishness about them.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get really bothered when people miscommunicate verbally and then act. I act depending on the potential for troublesome outcomes.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, this doesn't work for me. Operations don't disgust me, I can watch them on tv all day long if I wanted. Its the smell of formaldehyde that makes me ill.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a quick list of things that will make people uncomfy, this can be used as a way to type people fairly quickly. Most people are very aware of which of the following bothers them most. Play a video with every one of there played one after the other and monitor the persons EKG/EEG, gastro... or whatnot and ull know their type.

ENTJ/ENFJ - Watching someone be physically dominated
    ESTJ/ESFJ - Watching someone get outwitted
    ESFP/ENFP - Watching someone not be aknowleged
    ESTP/ENTP - Watching someone get degraded
    INTJ/INFJ - Watching someone struggle with health/realizing own anatomy
    INTP/ISTP - Watching someone get disrespected
    ISFJ/ISTJ - Watching someone get reprogrammed/pulled into a cult
    ISFP/INFP - Watching someone misunderstand and reply with unrelated
    -Slava

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Struggle with health = have issues with ones own health
    Realizing own anatomy = visualizing internal organs within oneself as if they are real objects in external space, rather than imagined models
    -Slava

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Struggle with health = have issues with ones own health
    Realizing own anatomy = visualizing internal organs within oneself as if they are real objects in external space, rather than imagined models
    wow, I do those things... I never really thought about the latter though
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it works. and that's not just me. I've seen all types getting uncomfortable about the exact things you described. very sharp observations again, Slava.
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you noticed something similar or even worse in terms of irritation about the PoLR? I used to switch the TV channels if someone is about to point out that someone else just did something really stupid (INFp Te hit = discussion of inexpedient actions)
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The word "bitch" seems to hit Se POLR, and seems to be overused by Se people, and seems to be something ENTj's try to avoid becoming
    -Slava

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Here is a quick list of things that will make people uncomfy, this can be used as a way to type people fairly quickly. Most people are very aware of which of the following bothers them most. Play a video with every one of there played one after the other and monitor the persons EKG/EEG, gastro... or whatnot and ull know their type.

Do you think you may actually have it backwards? Confusing hidden agenda with conscious agenda?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wouldn't this imply a despisal of activity partners?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Activity partners are usually on your side and give you the benefit.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are also the ones capable of the most abuse/arousal of such... sensations

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I saw someone not getting acknowledged, I'd feel sorry for them and try to rectify that. It wouldn't bother me that much though.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can do things to my own body and not feel squeamish, but as soon as i see someone else inflicted with bodily harm, i cringe. i would even go so far to say that i could perform a minor surgery on myself if needed, but have a hard time seeing someone else being cut on. last month i gave blood for the first time, and with all the people laying on tables and the mistake that the nurse made with the huge gauge needle that caused a massive baseball sized ball of blood to pool under my skin and stretch my skin, i passed out. it wasn't until after it was over though. i was sitting down having a laugh and my eyes rolled back in my head while i started to uncontrollably shake. it was very strange because i have never passed out before. everyone that was there thought i was joking, until my skin and lips turned blue then they knew i wasn't. just thought i would share my experience as an LII.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see where I end up...

Doesn't really bother me. It is actually interesting to watch people trying to dominate each other. Of course I don't like it if it is abusive or if it results in injuries, is illegal or immoral/unethical. But I say no it doesn't really bother me.

Now this is generally just fun. Except if it is unethical somehow. So I say no it doesn't bother me.

I would be annoyed if someone who has something to contribute is not acknowledged. But in a more general sense no it doesn't bother me.

This would bother me. At least the way you put it. It would feel unethical and unnecessary. Perhaps if the person REALLY did something to deserve it then I might accept it. But degrading someone usually has implications e.g. you degrade other people too who have similar qualities but who haven't done anything to deserve it.

Realizing own anatomy doesn't bother me. Of course not many like to see people struggling with their health but I think I'm going to say no since this doesn't sound as bad as some getting degraded. And I don't have too much problems spending time with people who are struggling with their health. I'm good at listening stories about their diseases and health problems and discussing about them. No this doesn't bother me.

I think I'm going to unswer yes. But this is not as bad as degrading someone. Let's say...there are many more people who deserve getting disrespected than who deserve getting degraded.

This is two-sided. I don't like watching people get reprogrammed into values I disagree with. But getting reprogrammed into values I promote sounds generally good. I don't like brainwashing though. People should be capable of making up their own mind. I would say this is a cautious yes, it annoys me a bit.

Yep. This bugs me. Although I can be guilty of this too. But if someone misunderstands me completely and responds with nonsense and somehow seems overconfident about his/her position it bugs me like nothing else.

Let's summarize...
    INFp/ISFp and ENTp/ESTp parts bug me most
    INTp/ISTp to a lesser extent
    ENFp/ESFp and ISFj/ISTj a bit

Hmm..you may be onto something here. Those types are included in the group of types I relate to most. I wonder how does this relate to your leading function, dual seeking function, PoLR, erotic attitude etc.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This makes sense whether I'm ILE or IEI, though its more...emotionally applicable if I'm ILE. Interesting that those ARE the two things on the list that would bother me the most, though.

The ESTj/ESFj one needs to change though. I'd put it as...

Watching someone be forced to do something they don't believe in.

If is concerned with different perspectives, then wouldn't shoving a viewpoint on someone that they don't believe in be a kind of abuse?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    The ESTj/ESFj one needs to change though. I'd put it as...

Watching someone be forced to do something they don't believe in.

If is concerned with different perspectives, then wouldn't shoving a viewpoint on someone that they don't believe in be a kind of abuse?
    I agree, some others need to be changed too, I didnt transform them all perfectly which is why it's not ideal, but it was a quick rough prototype of the method.
    -Slava

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    wouldn't this imply a despisal of activity partners?
    In some cases, maybe.

Creepy-pokeball

Ive never fainted in my life but I have described this occurence on this forum. I cannot stand seeing real people bleeding. I could watch myself bleed and be like, "Hmmm, blood. Cool!" but not on others.

Creepy-pokeball

Oh, Ive asked the blood thing to my mother before in the past (she is INFj). She just said that she had been a nurse for too many years to care... lol helpful, eh?