Thread: Developing your role function...

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Developing your role function...

Anybody have experience with this? Any luck?

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see...but it would still help with my goals in life. I don't want to use it all the time, just be very good at it when I do try to use it consciously. Like im ESTp, right now i've been stressed out because I don't know where im going in life, Ne is my role and would really help me think of new possibilities.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Role function sucks, best to ignore it at all costs.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask for an Ne-type's advice. Now you solve Ne problems!

(But seriously, with your role you'll always have to consciously and very deliberately think about how people who are good at Ne use their Ne. You'll never be able to do it by yourself, in my opinion.)
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Anybody have experience with this? Any luck?
    I do it to get by when it's expected. Other than that I hate treating people with my role, rather than how I want to treat them.

The thing that gets me into trouble is when I use it as a joke or mock the role function and other people take me seriously; and then suddenly, I'm doing and saying stuff that I'm not. It's getting to the point where I've come to accept the socionics relationships are (for me) about expectations and how people emphasize seriousness and importance in what people say and do. I can see now how Ti/Fe and Fi/Te really do create conflict when it comes down to miscommunication and misplaced expectations with other people.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mimic tactics from a super ego your comfortable around.

That way you dont have to think about it.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spend some time with a zany IEE or ILE and it will rub off on you, that's how dual relations work so why not business or superego

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, makes sense.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Um, I usually don't bother with my role function. I know it isn't effective, especially when coupled with which would make it much more into details. However, I do analyze things every so often when REALLY ASKED TO DO IT but even then I'm not good at it so I don't bother. I overanalyze or get into modes when I'm stuck on the same meaning or concept for a long time, but if I try not to focus on it, I can be more of my base function and not get lost in the thoughts as much about some thing which doesn't even matter. I do notice that in simple situations when I want to help my ESE friends/relatives, I can make simple analysis to give them a thought to feed on to loosen their emotionality a bit.