Thread: Are they duals? (interesting article)

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are they duals? (interesting article)

Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They certainly sound different enough to be Duals, and they just had to be to have their romance intact after that. There are just too many kinds of comfort challenges in that kind of travel to not have total comfort in each other's company. Must be both P's?? I could be wrong. What a really, really cool thing.

(And a practical challenge: I kind of wonder if they planned the 21 days around her time of the month?)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can not tell. Hi Sari
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do people think their types are? SLE/IEI?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'd be more inclined to say ILE/SEI if they were duals. I doubt they were.

Seems like considering they had iPads and iPhones with them and access to the internet, all they really did that was different was not take a lot of stuff.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

During my backpacking days what I took was pretty minimal and I think my experience was shaped more profoundly by the absence of internet access and phone than the few clothes I had with me. I honestly do not understand why you would not take a change of clothes in a small bag. It baffles me. it seems only possible if you share a room with someone you are comfortable with and can rinse out dry the clothes you have somehow. If you stay at a hostel, this is hardly possible (since you won't run around naked in a shared bedroom, probably). In any case, it just seems a bit silly to act as if it makes for a profound trip to not take an extra t-shirt...the trip itself looks cool.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I think it was more of a gimmick really. One comment was pretty amusing 'couple of hipster wankers'

If they prioritised an ipad two iphones and a notebook they prob could have also managed some clean undies. I wonder how they kept warm or dry, even in mid summer eastern Europe is pretty cold at night. Also spotted how they had the means to stay in hotels all the time yet hitchhiked. So i'm thinking it was a trendy trustafarian roadtrip, they prob had get out options all along route.

Duals? hmmm idk I think the guy is most likely an Intuitive extrovert poss ILE. And the girl most likely an Intuitive Introvert but poss a sensoric introvert too, maybe ISFx.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Jeff and I traveled to eight countries in 21 days without changing clothes. It sure beat meeting for coffee.....

I don't know about ILE... 8 countries in 21 days seems a bit absurd...

I don't think they're duals. I thought they are perhaps both IEE or something. Girl is a ethical type.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Jeff and I traveled to eight countries in 21 days without changing clothes. It sure beat meeting for coffee.....

I don't know about ILE... 8 countries in 21 days seems a bit absurd...

I don't think they're duals. I thought they are perhaps both IEE or something. Girl is a ethical type.
    Maybe IEE for her or for him; I think I would consider this adventure with the right person (like my Dual!). But neither of them strike me as SLI. So maybe IEE + not-dual. I doubt idenitcals -- I would want someone with different strengths than me. Two of me together on this trip maybe not so good...

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

As a side note, I really enjoyed reading all the comments for this article. Almost none of them are positive and nor should they be.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I became really invested in this conversation:

"M Sedaris 9 days ago
    Look how much money we have, isn't it crazy?! We could've saved a child's life with the money we spent on this, but we didn't, because we spent it on being quirky! Haha, oh wow.

simpdapimp 9 days ago
    @M Sedaris My thoughts exactly. Not only is this badly written and disingenuous (e.g. "All I needed to feel attractive and put together was deodorant, a toothbrush, and some light cosmetics.") but it's totally unaware of how blindly privileged these tasteless people are.

Rabbi Skitz 9 days ago
    @simpdapimp @M Sedaris how about people can do whatever they very well want with their time and money? Sure, these two are hipster morons, but they're completely justified in doing this.

nchorano 7 days ago
    @simpdapimp @M Sedaris Seriously, do you have this vision of the world where no one does anymore than the least are capable of doing?

The fact that you're on a computer with the time and education to write a complete sentence puts you in the top 10% of humanity.

You over-priviledged, brat. Get off the internet!"

"E Charles 9 days ago
    This story was interesting enough to read, however in all honesty it is simply shallow and superficial. It lacks depth or insight and I lost interest in it due to the writer's apparent internal focus. She was interested in making her words sound more interesting rather than the content.

This article reads like an extended film blurb; the words make it interesting, but they fail to portray the writers true experience"

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish they would kiss in the pictures. Standing so far apart is such a boring choice.
    Easy Day

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@ hipsters
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)